Masteral - Any Plans?

Having an MS and PhD in my line of work is a must that's why i have them both already. In any organization you must be align academically to what you are doing. Certainly a plumber cannot do his work given if he majored in cosmetology. Special skills aren't enough to be aligned in what one is doing. I pursued mine because learning for me is a constant struggle to better myself. So i can lead people better and manage things efficiently and effectively. It is not the title that is respected but the man who possess it. I got it not because i want to be a leader of men but because i want to serve man better. Its what we call servant-leadership.

Edited by David Aames

it depends on the industry you're in.

i took further studies in financial services because it is needed in my job. otherwise, i wouldn't bother.

on the one hand, i am pursuing post grad studies in education which is totally unrelated to my job and my college degree. reason being, i want to learn something new. simple as that.

I'm on leave from school. my work sked's a pain lately. dunno if i'll push through my MA in pub ad, or enroll for an MBA degree when I leave for the states next year.

I need the MBA for my marketing communications background, but politics and governance really fascinates me....

I am an educator and the academe is a stickler for people who have a penchant for higher studies. I am currently attempting to complete my MA thesis (operative word: attempting! :upside:) with the intent of eventually working on my PhD.

However, choosing to pursue a master's degree should never just be in accordance to a demand. As in anything, one cannot wholly be successful without passion and tremendous faith in one's place in the scheme of things.

I have always viewed higher studies as a self-actualizing endeavor - a step towards filling bigger shoes. After all, each of us is capable of fulfilling our highest potentials, if we choose to. :)

How is it, please?

I plan to take up Urban Planning and Environmental Engineering, too.

Sorry for the late reply...the URP program is geared towards government planning, but it can still be applicable for the private sector...its more development planning na rin in the sense na hindi lang sha physical or architectural planning (as perceived by many), but also encompasses other disciplines. Had classmates who came from non-planning related backgrounds such as Interior Design, Tourism, Humanities. Mejo generalist ang approach din, it only lays out for you what to expect and what to consider when doing Urban and Regional Planning. It's understandable though, kasi masters is not the same as undergrad na mejo me spoonfeeding. Dito its all up to you to work on your projects.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i was enrolled for graduate studies in public administration but stopped due to work sked.

i took the course because i am very much interested in politics and governance despite me working at an advertising/public relations industry. layo noh? :D

but now that i moved to the US and is helping manage the family's hotel business, i believe i might need to get a refresher in business management.... sana maisingit ko :cry:

btw, i am a broadcast communications graduate :wacko:

i was enrolled for graduate studies in public administration but stopped due to work sked.

i took the course because i am very much interested in politics and governance despite me working at an advertising/public relations industry. layo noh?

but now that i moved to the US and is helping manage the family's hotel business, i believe i might need to get a refresher in business management.... sana maisingit ko

btw, i am a broadcast communications graduate

ok lang naman na malayo masteral mo sa chosen field mo for as long as interested ka sa ginagawa mo. hehehe.

ako my biggest frustration is not finding the time and resources to really take up a master's course. it's not actually for work, parang i just want to do it for myself. ok naman yung "University of Experience" pero gusto ko lang magka master's din. kung baga, sense of accomplishment for me.

sana makaumpisa na ako this year.

For me....i've been wanting to get my MBA for the past 5 years...kaso finances and work schedule didnt give me much room.

Why? Dati kasi I felt the only way for me to climb the corporate ladder is to strengthen my credentials with an MBA.

Today.... Gusto ko pa din kumuha ng MBA but for different reasons na. Though the years kasi, I've probably learned what an MBA should have taught me through hard work and experiencing stuff first hand. Kung people management lang naman ang paguusapan, I believe hinde naman ako papahuli from those who have MBAs.

I want to take up my MBA simply because I want to validate my knowledge. If I can gain some insights along the way.... edi mas maiigi.

But in the end, I am already an alumnus of the School of Hard Knocks!

if ever i'll take one it's for my personal intellectual gratification. kaso mahal kaya now i'd opt for certificate/diploma courses in benilde.

pero kung bayaran ng kompanya, well then good. i've wanted to study for such a long time. too bad work schedule usually have to be compromised

Taking up further studies abroad is very fulfilling. Apart from being taught in the classroom, you get to interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures. Aside from that, you have to learn to live in a foreign land. There is a whole lot of education from that experience. And, it is a good reason to take a break from work for a year or two!

i need to make my masters. as a teacher, my career growth depends on how soon i can finish my master's degree (and also my doctorate). i also want to be updated on the latest trends sa education. saka masarap mag-aral noh, altho this time around, ikaw na magbibigay ng allowance sa sarili mo... hehehehe

il try to enrol in the masteral program of up educ sa 2nd sem, too late na for first sem. badtrip nga lang, nagmahal na ang tuition sa UP. :(