Masteral - Any Plans?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This is apparently true. I finished my MBA in Ateneo, ahead of my sister who was studying hers in DLSU. I would get to see the curriculum and syllabi they used. This way back in the late 80's and the DLSU MBA curriculum was real heavy on the quantitative, which to me, then it looked like more of a masteral program for engineering management than business management.

I wouldn't know if the same can be said today.

talga? kung ganun mas practical pala sa ateneo. iv been thinking talaga kung san mag eenrol eh. Ok sana sa AIM, kung anak ka ni chavit. hehehe. My options so far UP, DLSU, Ateneo, or beda (may nagsabi ok din daw dun). sa ngaun nag sixsigma yellow belt muna ako. pero iba talag pag may masters.

4 years na ako nagbabalak :cry: hanggang ngayon balak pa din lang

nako same hir boss. badtrip nga may exam pa pala. nag practice ako ng GMAT reviewer, potek limot ko na algebra ko! hehehe

• 4 months later...

I'm presently taking my MBA at the moment, And I would highly recommend this to anyone, whether you seek to get ahead of your colleagues when it comes to promotions (let's face it, pantay-pantay kayo sa trabaho, until somebody gets an MBA degree), or if you want to start your own business. I earned a degree in Industrial Design for my under grad, and the things I learn in my graduate studies are still applicable.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As an engineer, I think it would really help me a lot to take on a masters degree which is not too technical. It would certainly broaden my perspective of how a Business operates. Wouldn't want to get stuck doing the same thing all my life....that's usually the bottomline for people who are too technical. btw, planning on getting applied economics at DLSU. :)

• 4 weeks later...

As an engineer, I think it would really help me a lot to take on a masters degree which is not too technical. It would certainly broaden my perspective of how a Business operates. Wouldn't want to get stuck doing the same thing all my life....that's usually the bottomline for people who are too technical. btw, planning on getting applied economics at DLSU. :)

I've dealt with plenty of MBA grads in my work, DLSU/ADMU pa. One thing I observed lacking in them is lateral thinking. As one of the above posts said, one needs "the art of the hustle" when doing business. No business school will teach you that. In layman's terms, common sense + diskarte is all that's needed. If I were to choose again, I'd rather have chosen Industrial Design or some other Math or engineering course for my undergrad. This is coming from a DLSU business grad.

Got my Master's degree from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business and yes, some observations I've read appear to be correct. LaSalle would be the better school in terms of finance. In fact one of their courses approximates level 1 of the CFA exam. No regrets taking it in Ateneo. Money well spent. Not so sure about moving on to a Phd just yet. Maybe soon though.

I've dealt with plenty of MBA grads in my work, DLSU/ADMU pa. One thing I observed lacking in them is lateral thinking. As one of the above posts said, one needs "the art of the hustle" when doing business. No business school will teach you that. In layman's terms, common sense + diskarte is all that's needed. If I were to choose again, I'd rather have chosen Industrial Design or some other Math or engineering course for my undergrad. This is coming from a DLSU business grad.

may point ka jan dude!

Engineering pa rin ang indemand sa laht ng courses!

or such I say sa technical side!

ndi ka xe mawawalan ng work!

kylangan mo lng ng progress! katulad ng Masteral!

MBA is a good investment should you intend to propel your career. Take it from me. Completed my MBA at ATeneo Rockwel. Soon after graduation, i was hired as an AVP from a managerial position and is now considering a VP position from a real estate company through my headhunter. MBA helps...BIGTIME!

I think an MBA program hones up your essential business skills (core programs) but enhancements or supplements to your essential business skills (application skills)are not well emphasized in the curriculum.

Creative & entrepreneurial thinking, thinking out of the box as stand alone courses not usually part of core programs of MBA. Concepts of these application skills are found embedded within the core subjects. Big picture thinking is taugh in business strategy subjects, systems thinking in financial and quantitstive subjects. Forecasting is actually an exercise in creative thinking.

A few MBA students will realize that these core programs are already teaching you these methods of thinking and application of your essential business skills. For me, the realization came much later, years after I got my MBA degree. Just my two cents.