Dapat kumpiskahin lahat ng kayamanan ng mayaman at ibigay sa mas maykailangan.
??? Seriously? How would that improve the conditions of the country? It sounds very Robin Hood and all that (take from the rich and give to the poor), but try to remember, many of our poor are lazy s.o.b.s that prefer to drink all day and make babies all night, rather than work. I'm not saying all mind you, and while I also agree that many of our wealthiest citizens are crooked (making a snake look decent), still, others achieve that status through the dint of hard work and effort.

They should amend the law so that anyone who is hit by a motor vehicle 100 meters or less from a pedestrian overpass will be the one held liable for damages. The driver of the vehicle should bear no fault or responsibility and should in fact be able to sue for damages.

Government has spent so much money of these overpasses that these jaywalkers will have to be held responsible more.

Nice ... while we're at it, what about a law requiring public transportation operators to train their drivers in proper road etiquette.
Nice ... while we're at it, what about a law requiring public transportation operators to train their drivers in proper road etiquette.

Okay, we can start in EDSA on the buses. Lets pass the PUBLIC TRANSPORT ELECTRONIC ROAD CONTROL LAW. The entire length of EDSA will be equipped with embedded road sensors that will sense counterpart sensors installed in buses. Buses that stray out of the bus lanes are automatically fined and recidivists are immediately issued franchise cancellations. Bus operators will be required to open auto debit bank accounts from where the fines will be automatically debited. Buses that do not incur violations can incur rewards points which can later be used to pay future fines or other fees to government. Fines will be paid on an escalating basis where repeat offenders pay increasingly higher fees.

The system can even detect overstaying buses in bus stops, buses that load and unload outside of bus stops, buses that beat traffic lights and buses that are caught in yellow boxes.

Okay, we can start in EDSA on the buses. Lets pass the PUBLIC TRANSPORT ELECTRONIC ROAD CONTROL LAW. The entire length of EDSA will be equipped with embedded road sensors that will sense counterpart sensors installed in buses. Buses that stray out of the bus lanes are automatically fined and recidivists are immediately issued franchise cancellations. Bus operators will be required to open auto debit bank accounts from where the fines will be automatically debited. Buses that do not incur violations can incur rewards points which can later be used to pay future fines or other fees to government. Fines will be paid on an escalating basis where repeat offenders pay increasingly higher fees.

The system can even detect overstaying buses in bus stops, buses that load and unload outside of bus stops, buses that beat traffic lights and buses that are caught in yellow boxes.

Hey, I like this, and could be adapted using GPS systems right?

only people who file income tax returns can vote!

if you pay taxes beyond 50k a year, then you can vote more than once, example annual income tax 250k/yr then you can vote 5x! cause your contributing more to the national treasury so you should have 'more' say on who should run the country.

LAW MAKING PART OF THE PENALTY FOR RECKLESS DRIVING OF PUBLIC UTILITY VEHICLES BE IMPOUNDING NG SASAKYAN FOR A MONTH OR MORE PARA PATI SA MAY ARI MASAKIT YUNG MAY RECKLESS DRIVER. SA NGAYON KASI WALANG PAKI ALAM YUNG MAY ARI SA RECKLESS DRIVING BASTA MAKUHA BOUNDARY AND THE SAME APPLIES TO THE DRIVER KAYA PARANG HINAHABOL NG DEMONYO KUNG MAG DRIVE.

AND THOSE BUSES AND JEEPNEYS THAT BLOCK THE ROAD KAHIT NA NAKA HARANG AT MAY NASA LIKOD NA HINDI MAKA DAAN. BUBUSINA KA TITINGNAN KA PA NG MASAMA. AM REALLY TEMPTED TO SHOOT ALL OF THE 4 WHEELS SOMETIMES. KUNG AYAW NIYA GUMALAW FROM WHERE HE IS THEN TUTULUNGAN KO SIYA PARA HINDI NA SIYA GUMALAW FROM THERE.....LINTEK NA MGA DRAYBER YAN!!!!!!!

Hey, I like this, and could be adapted using GPS systems right?

Oh for sure. If you want to detect buses that stray out of their franchised routes. That system is already in use in the Philippines on bank armored trucks. They have preset waypoints that they must pass within a set time otherwise, an alarm is raised. Just by straying from a preset route, the GPS system will raise an alarm.

only people who file income tax returns can vote!

if you pay taxes beyond 50k a year, then you can vote more than once, example annual income tax 250k/yr then you can vote 5x! cause your contributing more to the national treasury so you should have 'more' say on who should run the country.

That's not fair. Everyone is a taxpayer--even those who don't file their tax returns because everyone pays VAT in everything they buy. True income tax payers end up paying more taxes but that is not a reason to disenfranchise everyone from a universal right.

However, I get what you mean and I agree with the spirit of your suggestion.

AND THOSE BUSES AND JEEPNEYS THAT BLOCK THE ROAD KAHIT NA NAKA HARANG AT MAY NASA LIKOD NA HINDI MAKA DAAN. BUBUSINA KA TITINGNAN KA PA NG MASAMA. AM REALLY TEMPTED TO SHOOT ALL OF THE 4 WHEELS SOMETIMES. KUNG AYAW NIYA GUMALAW FROM WHERE HE IS THEN TUTULUNGAN KO SIYA PARA HINDI NA SIYA GUMALAW FROM THERE.....LINTEK NA MGA DRAYBER YAN!!!!!!!

I beat you to it. Already done it several years ago. In EDSA near SM North, past 8 p.m. No effect actually.

• 2 weeks later...

In Australia, voting is mandatory. You have no right to complain since you used your voting privilege. Too many people bitch and moan here, but when you ask who they voted for, they say that they aren't even registered.

Vote buying will still occur, but if everyone of legal age has to vote, it will take more than a machine to move elections.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It may be time to put some teeth into the driving laws and penalties. Instead of a 500 peso fine, make it 5,000. Do you really think that your fellow driver will drive like an assh*le if he loses half a month's wages? Cameras on the corners and in police cars would also be a nice touch. My old cruiser automatically put the camera on whenver we lit someone up. Instant proof and an unmitigated way to stamp out corruption - if the guy doesn;t have his lights on, you don't pull over.

Finally, ambulances need cameras too. When the lights go on and they are trying to get someone to a hospital - GET THE f#&k OUT OF THE WAY! They won't put their lights on for quicker passage or shabu deliveries if they are being recorded and time stamped.

What say you?

1) All smoke belchers shall be impounded. All repairs to be done outside the impounded area. Afterwhich it should be cleared prior to release. No repair, no use of vehicle.

2) No more tricycles. (only those that dont rely on 2-stroke engines will be allowed); pedicabs nalang. Kung ayaw mo, maglakad ka!!!

3) No 1st degree relatives to be allowed to hold the same office in consecutive terms.

4) actually, im an advocate for the law enforcement system that does "eye for an eye" sobra talaga mga walang disiplina dito. Di lang mga citizens, pati mga nasa gobyerno.

Revamp the TAX LAWS! grabe na ang kinakaltas nila sa workers ei!

and tax evaders should really be prosecuted at top-speed. biro niyo, automatic kaltas ang worker,

yung corporation pwede pa magcreative accounting! paging Lucio T, et al...este BIR!

Kaso kelan ba tayo nag-istrikto sa sarili natin

I mean, I feel you all those who say law enforcement in this country

is a JOKE! grr..

I do not mind paying taxes and I wouldn't mind paying more kung mapapakinabangan ko naman at mararamdaman ko pakinabang. Alam nyo ba mas malaki pa kinakaltas sa sweldo natin dyan sa Pilipinas kesa dito sa korea? Pero tignan nyo naman talagang napagiiwanan na tayo.

Sa Denmark halos 40% ang buwis nila, pero ok lang sa mga tao kasi ang laki naman ng pakinabang. Ang mga kalsada ang gaganda, mabukulan lang ng konti aayusin na agad. Yung pagpapaaral sa anak mo ala na problema, hatid sundo ng school bus sagot pa ng eskwelagan lunch snacks school supplies at libro. hangang college ha.

Pag magkasakit ka di na kelangan magbayad. Pakita mo lang national ID mo, ayus na. At higit sa lahat me tatangapin ka pa sa gobyerno pag nagretire ka na.

Eh sa pinas? Walang katapusang pagnanakaw, at paguutang na hindi na mabayad bayaran. Ang lagi nilang sulusyon magdagdag ng buwis. pero hindi naman sinusulusyunan ang problema kung bakit nauubusan tayo ng pera sa kaban ng yaman. Paano hindi mauubos eh 40% ng kada pisa ninanakaw lang. Isama mo pa dyan yung mga opisina ng gobyerno na wala naman talagang ginagawa at maling pag gastos.

Ganito lang yan eh. Ikaw me ari ka ng bangko, yung mga pera ng depositors mo dapat alagaan mo. ngayon kung nanakawan mo at gagastusin sa maling investment, talagang malulugi banko mo. At ano gagawin mo? uutusan mo depositors mo na magdeposit pa sa bangko mo ng pera?

in the philippines, once you pay withholding/tax.... that means you pay your own way. you get no help from the govt anyway... in fact all their systems are geared towards extracting more money from you.

lets pass a law that all Govt officials must be taxpayers before they get elected or appointed to any office. Show us your 2305.

EMERGENCY SUBSIDY TO PRIVATE SCHOOLS

Private schools are going out of business. Public schools, in the meantime, are bursting at the seams. What gives? The middle class simply can't afford to send their kids to private schools anymore.

QUICK FIX: Subsidize private schools via tax breaks to enable them to lower tuition fees. That may sound unfair and elitist at first glance, but if you really examine it, this will also benefit the "original" public school students by decongesting public schools.

LONG-TERM SOLUTION: Build more classrooms. Send the bill to those "PRO-LIFE" advocates who says we are not overpopulated. Seriously, let the local municipalities shoulder part of the cost. Makati has done it. And Mayor SB of QC, has been doing it lately.

I just thought of two that are very near and dear to my heart.

1) Provide the funding to arm your patrolmen and women with sidearms and ammunition that aren't a joke.

2) Legislation that allows for the construction of solar and wind power for electrical service. A 48,000 P Meralco bill for May is f#&king outrageous. Stop making excuses and harness what the good Lord has given the RP plenty of - solar and wind resources.

Can I get an 'Amen'?

1) Provide the funding to arm your patrolmen and women with sidearms and ammunition that aren't a joke.

2) Legislation that allows for the construction of solar and wind power for electrical service. A 48,000 P Meralco bill for May is f#&king outrageous. Stop making excuses and harness what the good Lord has given the RP plenty of - solar and wind resources.

Can I get an 'Amen'?

Amen on both counts!

Private schools are going out of business. Public schools, in the meantime, are bursting at the seams. What gives? The middle class simply can't afford to send their kids to private schools anymore.

QUICK FIX: Subsidize private schools via tax breaks to enable them to lower tuition fees. That may sound unfair and elitist at first glance, but if you really examine it, this will also benefit the "original" public school students by decongesting public schools.

LONG-TERM SOLUTION: Build more classrooms. Send the bill to those "PRO-LIFE" advocates who says we are not overpopulated. Seriously, let the local municipalities shoulder part of the cost. Makati has done it. And Mayor SB of QC, has been doing it lately.

I like your thinking but many private schools now have waiting lists - ISM, Brent, British, Japanese, Deutsch and Euro all have waiting lists for some classes. These schools are opening new or expanded campuses and grabbing students from many of the smaller Catholic schools. Lest we think that these are all ex-pat havens, the majority of the graduating classes are Filipino at several of these schools. Many politicos have their children attending these schools because the resources are simply better.

There is a reason why they are called 'private schools'...you have to restrict entry to those who can meet the standards and afford the cost. While it may seem unfair that the average Filipino can't afford to send their child to Ateneo or ISM, that is life. In the U.S., not everyone is accepted at private learning institutions - poor or rich. I attended private Catholic grammar and high school and college. It cost a fortune and I had to work to earn the way. Even in high school, I was required to work for the school each summer to pay for my 'scholarship'. Maybe we should make a few of these 'scholarships' available to some deserved young students. Growing up in Tondo rather than Ayala Alabang shouldn't doom one to poor education.

Spending tax money on the privilege of a better education is a misuse of public funds. Improve the public schools first, that is what tax money shoudl be earmarked for. A private education is about choice and opportunity. Neither the Bible nor the Constitution says that life is about equity and fairness. We strive for it, but I won't reward the guy who sits on his ass in his squatter home simply because his daughter shows exceptional aptitude. He needs to set the example not the other way around.

Government subsidies for local filmmakers, removal of heavy tax burden to local producers to reignite the Philippine film industry (at least, provide a respite from the trite love stories and hackneyed fantasy pastiches forced down our throats during the holiday season)

Use of cinema/video as a medium for promoting tourism; giving tax breaks to international film producers shooting in this country.

Public execution for the following crimes (pref. by guillotine):

1) Rebellion

2) Rape

3) Embezzlement of gov't funds

Can I get an 'Amen'?

Amen brother!

Private schools are simply businesses.

To give them an emergency subsidy would open the floodgates for the same "subsidy" for other businesses who are having difficult times. Its a waste of people's tax money.

If there is any sector that needs a subsidy, that would be the AGRICULTURAL sector.

I propose a subsidy for farmers, and agri-businesses. (Similiar to the American and European agricultural models).

This way, the countryside gets developed; the exodus by promdis to the cities is lessened; and we drive our farmers to adopt more scientific and modern farming methods to create a surplus of agri-products for the consumption of the populace at a lower price than today's prices.

I agree with Moichi.

Private schools are exactly what they are Private. Now if the Gov't ran these public schools like private schools (i mean they get an annual budget for it anyway) then we'd have no problems.

The reason why they cant is because for the NTH time, we lose too much money on Corruption. And Pork.

Its not that we dont have money... The Gov't doesnt spend efficiently. It never has.

ika nga, how can a politician understand our traffic problem when he/she experiences no traffic at all sa dami ng hagad at back up cars nya.

Edited by sitilim