at para di ot,

i propose a law that a cabinet member will have as part of his duties to be present in a rally. to receive for and in behalf of govt whatever the rallyists are demanding. whether it is for gma to resign, to have garci castrated, or to raise hemlines and lower necklines, whatever.

this way, there is an exchange of the communiques. pag tanggap na ang demand, there could be no rally of that sort for at least 30 days.

I guess so…..but thinking further I realized traffic is proportional to the number of cars on the streets. We can't do anything about the positioning of roads and highways coz' that's how its gonna be otherwise it will be costly……we can only contain the quantity of the vehicles. We reduce the numbers, we reduce traffic….numbers can't only comprise of old cars but brand new cars as well….some people just got enough money to buy more that 3 brand new cars for each of their children and it will still clog our streets….so I revert back to my original position.
Perhaps a graded increase in taxes? 50% for the first vehicle, 100% for the second, 200% for the third, 400% for the fourth, etc. etc.? Just for comparison, our current taxes on vehicles is somewhere between 100% to 200% at this time. This way, 'poorer' people can afford one or two cars, but after that ... it becomes progressively more expensive.

On the contrary, I am. I hope this would give me the opportunity to lead by example.

There have been existing laws for crimes related to these and they still don't learn….that's why I think that the best way to stop these vices is to not make them affordable.

Cigarettes cause crime???

I think this is an issue of what to prioritize…..With technology on the rise, I wouldn't mind having a paper crisis in my term if it would mean enough time for those trees to mature and thereby save a lot of lives in the future….Lack of paper can't take away lives…..but the lack of trees can.
Fair enough, I never did like too much paperwork anyway.

Hahaha….got me on that one…..Sarao is a jeepney, not a sedan or a 4wd or a muscle car…..i don't see any problem with that.
A vehicle is a vehicle is a vehicle. Its main purpose is to take people from point a to point b.

Here's the problem with colonial mentality….we got so brainwashed with imports we forgot we can make the same thing if we set our mind into it….Look at China….Taiwan….we criticize them for pirating things but guess who has the last laugh in revenues…..its them….they even went to the point that they were like almost encouraging piracy. During Marshall Law, there was a scarcity of imported goods….Apples and imported chocolates….even US canned goods were a luxury back then…..but somehow the Filipinos survived….

It's all mindset. Its' ridiculous to protest or walk down the streets just because you can't consume imported products like the way you used to.

About the only 'imported' product I normally purchase would be books, so if we really are going into this whole 'tree-hugger' type mentality, I suppose I'd have to be satisfied with purchasing it in electronic format.

at para di ot,

i propose a law that a cabinet member will have as part of his duties to be present in a rally. to receive for and in behalf of govt whatever the rallyists are demanding. whether it is for gma to resign, to have garci castrated, or to raise hemlines and lower necklines, whatever.

this way, there is an exchange of the communiques. pag tanggap na ang demand, there could be no rally of that sort for at least 30 days.

Castration? Hahahaha, oh my, that was so funny. I do like the concept though. Perhaps even make it mandatory for elected officials to hold an 'audience' with their constituents, sort of a 'question hour', even if only once a week.

Well paulit ulit ko ng nabasa ang saligang batas. At ilang beses na rin akong pumirma sa kasunduan na ipagtatangol ko ang saligang batas. Pero kahit minsan wala akong nakitang salita doon na nagsasabi that your freedom of expression includes usage of any means you want to. Moreso that any liability in such exercise is waived just because you have freedom of expression.

In as much as you have the right to speak, you should also respect the right of the other people not to listen to you, not to be disturbed, and not to be obstructed.

Someones right to air his grievances is equally important as someones right to be on time for his movie date. And no jackass rallyist has the right to prevent me from having my rights to. Isn't it an Irony while somebody fights for rights, that same person belittles or infacts show no respect for the rights of the other people around him.

So ano ngayon katwiran mo? Di pa naman nahaharangan ng ralliysta ambulnsya kaya ok lang maging irresponsable sila sa daan? Dude in the first place kung me malasakit talaga ang ilan sa kanila, sana naiisip nila yan in the first place. O kaya maisip mo man lang na yung isang taong malalate sa trabaho dahil sa iyo ay pwedeng mabawasan ng sweldo. Sweldo sana na ipangbabayad nya ng tuition ng anak nya. But no! rallyist care nothing more but their selfish ideologies.

This is not the martial law era. Ang hirap kasi nung nasanay na ang tao sa kalsada dun ng dun na lang. Konting git git rally na agad. Dude like I said I have been in several rallies at lkaging milatante ang naguumpisa ng gulo. Its not the irregularity of the permit that becomes the problem but the problem is that Rallyist exceed beyond the terms and conditions of the permit. At pag sinaway sila pa nagagalit. Pero ang media finofocus lang ang mga camera nila sa mga napapalo ng mga pasaway na rallyista. Paano yung isang pulis na nabalda nuong pro-FPJ rally? Me pamilya din siyang binubuhay.

Im not saying that permits should be issued depending on its purpose. Like I said your right to air your grievances is equal to my right to be on time for my date. But what am saying is that rallyist should learn to practice responisbility and in order to ensure this, rules and laws will be needed. I.e. they should be alloted a given time and venue which they should never exceed. The venue should not be a distraction and obstruction to innocent nearby establishments i.e. hospitals, schools, and churches. Rallyisit should not litter moreso vandalize any walls and destroy any public or private properties.

Ang hirap nyan, tayo pang private citizens mismo maglilinis pa ng mga kababuyan nila pagkatapos.

On the criminal justice system:

You eat what you k*ll

*gasp* :sick: What if one were to k*ll cockroaches or rats? I say no, unless it were amended to read: If one kills a human being, one must eat that flesh (regardless of the time spent between the murder and the meal).

But then, wouldn't the families of the deceased have objections to this?

Im not saying that permits should be issued depending on its purpose. Like I said your right to air your grievances is equal to my right to be on time for my date. But what am saying is that rallyist should learn to practice responisbility and in order to ensure this, rules and laws will be needed. I.e. they should be alloted a given time and venue which they should never exceed. The venue should not be a distraction and obstruction to innocent nearby establishments i.e. hospitals, schools, and churches. Rallyisit should not litter moreso vandalize any walls and destroy any public or private properties.

Ang hirap nyan, tayo pang private citizens mismo maglilinis pa ng mga kababuyan nila pagkatapos.

agreed. responsibility is the key.

illegalize na ang corruption para pwede i-regulate
Corruption IS illegal, how does one regulate it? If corruption were legal, then it stands to reason that it wouldn't be called corruption anymore, rather it would be grifting or gift-giving.

this has been proposed before, but I really feel we should change the name of our country.

think about it for a minute. if I were a foreigner and asked you why is your country named

the Philippines, will you be puff up your chest and proudly declare, "we are named after a Spanish king!"

...who by the way never came and set foot here

...who probably didn't give sh*t about it unless it was about how much gold it could get and send back

...whose descendants by and large do not know this country of brown men was once under its brutal reign

but...if that would become reality, what name would we replace it with?

yun ang tanong...

This may touch of a few nerves, but I think it is worth thinking about...

Revise the Suffrage Law - "For voters 22 years old and above...only those who pay their income taxes will be allowed to vote - unless there is certification that the voter is still enrolled in an educational institution."

I feel that this way, we can get rid of the "hakot" voters, squatters, those who just vote for candidates based on popularity, and those who allow their votes to be bought...in a way this may result in the voting public to actually elect quality public servants and not those clowns that we currently have in both the Senate and House of Representatives...

Peace

Mas mabigat na parusa para sa mga public officials na lumalabag sa batas, lalo na sa mga sex offenders

The mere fact that they are public officials doesn't make their crimes less offensive. In fact it makes it more offensive.

Ano ba nangyari kay Erap? nagpapalaki ng betlog sa isang resthouse na may swimming pool, at well stocked bar.

Si Imelda ni hindi man lang makasuhan ng isang non-bailable offense.

Si Jalosjos, di naman talaga nagsisi pero binigyan ng commutation.

HAy (Sing) .... Habang marami ang lugmok sa kahirapan at ang hustisya ay para lang sa mga mayayaman...............

Those who will run for public office

1. College Degree holder at least - Qualified

2. No prior/existing Criminal Record - Qualified

3. Those qualified must place a BOND of 200,000 pesos to 10 million pese depending on the aspired position

Edited by lomex32

THis would only be fair if EDUCATION is more "democratic". As it is, only the middle class (at least) can send their kids to college. Is it really fair to have 80% of our population lose their right to representation?

It will also be not fair if one will not be able to represent 100% of his constituents due to imcompetence or simply the lack of ability to do so

THis would only be fair if EDUCATION is more "democratic". As it is, only the middle class (at least) can send their kids to college. Is it really fair to have 80% of our population lose their right to representation?
Perhaps a graded increase in taxes? 50% for the first vehicle, 100% for the second, 200% for the third, 400% for the fourth, etc. etc.? Just for comparison, our current taxes on vehicles is somewhere between 100% to 200% at this time. This way, 'poorer' people can afford one or two cars, but after that ... it becomes progressively more expensive.

Fair enough.

Cigarettes cause crime???

Killing yourself is a crime right? ….but when I posted that, I was more geared to alcohol induced incidents that result in death.

A vehicle is a vehicle is a vehicle. Its main purpose is to take people from point a to point b.

The jeepney is our nation's symbol of transportation. No way another company is going to produce that…..so I don't see much of a problem with that……now if a Filipino company makes a car like a sedan or a 4wd, id see to eat that his company and his products be prioritized…..as long as it passes government tests on safety.

It will also be not fair if one will not be able to represent 100% of his constituents due to imcompetence or simply the lack of ability to do so

whoa!

since when is a college degree a guarantee of competence? or putting it the other way around, since when did NOT HAVING a college degree = incompetence?

if truth be told, most (if not all) elected officials are college graduates...

gma is one, fvr is another, and of course, marcos...

and where did they bring us?

locally, you have eusebio in pasig, atienza in manila,

and what do we have there?

shabu tiangge in pasig, shabu tiangge in manila,

an increasing problem with squatters, etc.

at para di ot,

what could be proposed is to set a political-economic agenda to be approved by the people. then candidates line-up to BID who can accomplish this in the given timeframe. winning bidders will become the elected officials.

if you reach the target, you get an automatic re-election.

if you don't reach the target, you get SHOT! (for wasting the people's time and money).

Guest bleeding_angel
im pretty sure from what i remember in my constitution class in college a person to be able to run as a candidate should be a college graduate first .. or ami mistaken .. that class was way back .. and i cut most of it...

No. The ablity to read and write is required by the Constitution; nothing pertains to educational attainment.

Eto na lang

Kung bakit ba kasi dito sa pilipinas nauso ang salitang "strict implementation" . At kapag mahigpit ang pagpapatupad, martial law na kaagad.

When something is a law it is fully implemented, otherwise whats the point of having them di ba?

Kung bawal bawal. No buts, ifs, because, or maybes. Kung bawal sidewalk vendor sa daan bawal.

Eh kasi ang pilipino nga naman..... "talagang bawal yan....... Pero.......!" "Talagang hindi pinapayagan yan..... kaya lang........"

Dito kasi ang ordinances suggestion lang o guide lines.

Hay Dura lex sed led

Edited by dragonei