How about a law preventing trapos from changing the names of already historic places & streets just to suck up bug time or to glorify their ancestors & themselves?

We can leave that to the academes as long as they are qualified & impartial or the drunks who'll gladly do it for free.

Take the one time I got drunk one evening ... I told my friend to drive along Dios Ko Napakakapal ng Mukha Mo Highway.

Anything sold in pill or tablet form, or anything advertised as a cure for this or that, with "no approved therapeutic claims"? What gives? Either get it approved, or ban it, or do not advertise it as a cure for whatever. Paging BFAD, DTI, DOH or whatever government agency concerned.

How about a law preventing trapos from changing the names of already historic places & streets just to suck up bug time or to glorify their ancestors & themselves?

We can leave that to the academes as long as they are qualified & impartial or the drunks who'll gladly do it for free.

Take the one time I got drunk one evening ... I told my friend to drive along Dios Ko Napakakapal ng Mukha Mo Highway.

In that case, it should be MANILA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT and MANILA INTERNATIONAL CENTENIAL AIRPORT and NOT Kris Aquino's Dead Father's Airport or Cory Aquino's Dead Husband's Airport. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In that case, it should be MANILA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT and MANILA INTERNATIONAL CENTENIAL AIRPORT and NOT Kris Aquino's Dead Father's Airport or Cory Aquino's Dead Husband's Airport. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In fairness, there is historical basis for NAIA ... but definitely not in the name you spelled out. Pweh! Better than calling it after the President that built it: Ferdinand Marcos International Airport? :thumbsdownsmiley: Maybe for Laoag, in due fairness to Makoy. He loved the Ilokanos & thje Olokanos love him back.

Here is where the Yanquis outdid us again ... Ronald Reagan Airport at Washington, D.C. while he was still alive. First time I heard it in 1997 before touchdown, I couldn't help but say "f#&k!?" aloud in an unpleasant shock on the plane from Canada ... & everybody around me laughed their heads off. Maybe they were Canadians.

Edited by Mobius Stripper
  • 4 weeks later...

There ought to be a law regulating the TEXT promos.

1. Ban solicitation thru text messages. Wireless phone service providers are most guilty of this (since it doesn't cost them anything). If I get 1 more text message in the middle of a meeting or when I am sleeping wether I want a Beyonce Knowles ringback tone, I may have to plant an inciendiary device in a globe tower. FCUK!

2. No automatic deductions ever. Not even if you're subscribed to whatever f#&king idiotic service they've made up. Make it a standard protocol to always include in the message an "UNSUBSCRIBE OPTION"! GF had to toss her Globe sim, since it is "stealing" her load! And yeah, an "unsubscribe text" shouldn't cost 2.50 Php or whatever... it shouldn't cost anything! WTF?!

3. Regulate those game shows (on TV) that promote viewer interactivity via txt messaging. Isn't this gambling?

Guest Leviticus
Renewable Marriage Contract

A law may be passed establishing a renewable marriage contract. Say every after three (3) years. It would prevent battering of wives (and husbands), end miserable marriages, and even create revenues for the government. :goatee:

hmm.. and what would be the "fines" for non-renewal of the marriage license? parang LTO na eto ah

A law whereas only those citizen who completed High School and those who are paying taxes, should be the one who can vote for any election (except for SK).

Ang problema kasi sa election natin, ung mga botante lalo na ung mga botanteng masa (squatters) at hindi nakapag aral, sila ung mas nakakarami, at usually hindi naman sila bumoboto sa mga tamang tao kundi dun sa kandidato na nagbibigay saknaila ng kaunting kaginhawaan. Ang hindi nila alam, ung mga kaginghawaan binibigay sa kanila eh galing din mga ninanakaw or nanakawin nung kandidato na yun.

Unlike ung mga taong may pinag aralan at nagbibigay ng buwis sa gobyerno, hindi mo basta basta mabibili ung mga yan eh, kasi kahit paano alam nila mag desisyun ng tama kung sino ba ang dapat na umupo or hindi.

A law requiring a detailed accounting of the use of the pork barrel funds of each mambabatas certified under oath.

failure to make an accounting within 12 months will be a presumption that such funds were misused and automatically will make the lawmaker liable for graft.

just to clarify:

1. the pork barrel is an apportioned sum from the budget for lawmakers so they can pursue whatever project they want to, for their respective constituents. This is more of an "IOU" card from the treasury, not cold hard cash.

2. the only way a lawmaker can make use of the pork barrel allocation is only thru a written request from the Department of Budget and Management (DBM), who will check if the said amount can be released for whatever project that is.

3. a lawmaker can't get funds at his/her will. He/she must pass requirements before the funds can be released. It takes months-years before a requested allocation can be released (how close you are to the administration is a major factor).

3. the real money from which the apportioned pork barrel is accounted will not directly reach the hands of a lawmaker, but rather to the implementing agency, (i.e. money for a highway project will be given to the DPWH, who will be the one to implement the project). who will be the one to pay the contractor (that's why corruption is rampant at DPWH)

...just to share to you what I know :)

A law whereas only those citizen who completed High School and those who are paying taxes, should be the one who can vote for any election (except for SK).

Ang problema kasi sa election natin, ung mga botante lalo na ung mga botanteng masa (squatters) at hindi nakapag aral, sila ung mas nakakarami, at usually hindi naman sila bumoboto sa mga tamang tao kundi dun sa kandidato na nagbibigay saknaila ng kaunting kaginhawaan. Ang hindi nila alam, ung mga kaginghawaan binibigay sa kanila eh galing din mga ninanakaw or nanakawin nung kandidato na yun.

Unlike ung mga taong may pinag aralan at nagbibigay ng buwis sa gobyerno, hindi mo basta basta mabibili ung mga yan eh, kasi kahit paano alam nila mag desisyun ng tama kung sino ba ang dapat na umupo or hindi.

this is exactly what i want to write when i saw this thread!! tama sinabi mo mike. pero kahit hindi high school grad basta paying taxes. that would solve our squatter situation and vote buying at the same time.

and ang masama pa, yun politicians mismo are the ones encouraging the squatters to reside in the vicinity so the squatter problem and all problems connected to it will not be solved unless they pass a law like this.

just to clarify:

1. the pork barrel is an apportioned sum from the budget for lawmakers so they can pursue whatever project they want to, for their respective constituents. This is more of an "IOU" card from the treasury, not cold hard cash.

2. the only way a lawmaker can make use of the pork barrel allocation is only thru a written request from the Department of Budget and Management (DBM), who will check if the said amount can be released for whatever project that is.

3. a lawmaker can't get funds at his/her will. He/she must pass requirements before the funds can be released. It takes months-years before a requested allocation can be released (how close you are to the administration is a major factor).

3. the real money from which the apportioned pork barrel is accounted will not directly reach the hands of a lawmaker, but rather to the implementing agency, (i.e. money for a highway project will be given to the DPWH, who will be the one to implement the project). who will be the one to pay the contractor (that's why corruption is rampant at DPWH)

...just to share to you what I know :)

I'm sure this is the reason why we always see the DPWH tearing open perfectly good roads to repair imaginary damages. If they don't destry the roads they don't get the money, right?

I'm sure this is the reason why we always see the DPWH tearing open perfectly good roads to repair imaginary damages. If they don't destry the roads they don't get the money, right?

that's one way of seeing it.

but the easiest way for them to profit is to plan out a project (i.e. highway project), overprice it, contact bidders who are in cahoots with them, share the money that is released, then produce pictures as proof that the imaginary project was completed.

• 1 month later...