Proud To Be Fat?

I read somewhere that unless you lack a bodypart or very sick, it is your fault that you are that fat. If you have the will to workout and eat a healthy diet, then at least your weight should go down even if it didn't reach your dream weight in a short time i.e. macho bodies. I think when a person is proud of being fat then he concedes that he can not do anything to his body and would just stay that way forever.

just my 2 cents

• Like (+1) 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There are several reasons why someone is fat, could be genetics, could be hormones, etc.

I used to think that since I'm ballooning, there's nothing I can do about it.

Then I met some people who shared their stories and I got inspired. I just want to share mine:

I used to be overweight (I'm still on the heavy side now), but I realized that I want to move faster and be more active. I started exercising last September 2012. Four months into the new lifestyle, I saw results. I lost 20lbs! Even if it was the Christmas season. However, I fell off the wagon from February this year up to August. I started exercising and eating healthier again this September and now I can see results again.

I chose to live a healthier lifestyle because I saw results - less asthma attacks, less sleep apnea and I can swim better.

The message : Choose to be healthy not because society dictates that you should be slim. Choose to lose weight because you LOVE yourself.

Was I proud when I was heavy? I can say I was happy but not proud

Am I proud now? Yes, because finally I'm showing myself how much I love myself. Thus it also shows that I love the people that I care about because I want to spend more time with them by making sure that any health risk associated to being fat is greatly reduced.

• 3 weeks later...

i dont like people who are "proud" to be fat, because that is just their excuse to be lazy and undisciplined.

i also dont like people who are in the right weight, and are obsessed about their weight/looks. as a matter of fact, i do not like these group of people more.

i have always been struggling with my weight ever since i turned 11 ... i workout regularly, but i have a hard time eating the right food. i am 5'7, and 210 lbs. so i really understand what its like to be fat ... i also dropped down to 150 lbs in 2004 (coming from 220 lbs) ... so i know it is possible, and that it makes life and health better.

before i ballooned to 210 lbs (now), i was 170 lbs, and ran 32K last year. i still have the stamina to do it, its just, my knees cant handle the weight, and i would definitely get injured if i do something like that.

im still hoping i could really eat right this time and get to 160 lbs

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy hearing how they say they have no time to work out at all.

168 hours in a week.

You just have to be in the gym for like 4 times at an hour each.

That's like what? 6 percent for the entire week lol.

They are just want to keep defending themselves no matter what, that's what is so amusing at times.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...