Proud To Be Fat?

• 2 weeks later...

A close relative of mine seemed to accept his sorry ass obese life, and fools himself by saying he is happy

.... until one day,...

without telling anyone, he started a rigid weight loss and muscle building program ...

He is living a completely different happy life .... he can go places he never been before, he has more company of friends and he motivates the rest of us

Masaya nga

Pero once you lose weight and see the results of your hard work, im sure you will be motivated to lose more weight and eat right

Mas asaya yun

I was fat ( still a bit fat but working on it), I made the excuse that even if I am fat, I have a degree of success and I have things that can compensate for my weight (was 202lbs for my 5'8 frame). pero deep inside, I do not want to look at my current pictures then. I do not want to meet old acquantances in malls only to hear them say "r35gtr... what happened to you... you used to be....". I was laughing outside but I was hurting inside.

SO I DROWNED MY Sorrow with milk tea, beer, starbucks , and accompanied it with crispy pata!!! then 4 years ago I experienced a sharp pain in my chest. turned out to be a mild heart attack.

After my operation and rehab, I re entered the fitness world. I started working out and started to eat healthy (vegetables etc). mahirap sa umpisa pero wala tayong magagawa. I want to live long for my kids. I currently weigh 181lbs with 24% body fat. Hoping to be 170lbs with 15 percent body fat with in the next 6 months.

GO ahead, make yourselves believe that it is ok to be fat.. But I am talling you it is not ok to be proud to be fat. You should be ashamed of it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to be fat and I really fear getting fat again ...

When I was fat before I had this incident na napagkamalan pa akong katulong ng friends ko which is practically sick. Didn't even get to enjoy high school soirees since way back my supposedly partner swapped partners with his classmate just to be paired up with a better looking girl.

All that and not to mention that I didn't even dare go to my hs prom since I knew for a fact that I'll be out of place again noon.

Thankfully I stepped up nung college to change my lifestyle. Right now I can say I'm more confident and more happy :)

It's a bad trend, in my opinion. I am a man of girth myself pero unti unting lumalabas mga propaganda sa internet na nagsasabing be proud pag mataba ka. It is one of the dumbest things the extreme left is pushing. Dangerous rin.

It's an unconscious effort to justify that being fat is ok, a form of defense mechanism. But in any medical literature and persons' chronicles, all point to the fact that being fat is certainly not ok (but is not deplorable)

Nice to hear that. Sadly we can not bring back lost time

Good news indeed there is good life ahead for all of us when we become slim

I used to be fat and I really fear getting fat again ...

When I was fat before I had this incident na napagkamalan pa akong katulong ng friends ko which is practically sick. Didn't even get to enjoy high school soirees since way back my supposedly partner swapped partners with his classmate just to be paired up with a better looking girl.

All that and not to mention that I didn't even dare go to my hs prom since I knew for a fact that I'll be out of place again noon.

Thankfully I stepped up nung college to change my lifestyle. Right now I can say I'm more confident and more happy :)

there's nothing to be proud of if you're fat guy.

agreed, what is there to be proud of?

If you are fat wala kang self control, walang discipline and you are eating yourself to death. DI ako naniniwala sa mga taong konti lang daw kinakain kaya tumataba sila. wake up and diet. Mahirap talaga sa umpisa and I am talking from experience. from 220lbs I am now 184lbs. 19 lbs to go pa to my ideal weight.

ang unang nagpapahirap is yung cravings, Masarap talaga ang chocolate, masarap ang crispy pata na may tayo at isang bandihadong kanin. Masarap ang beer at chicharon bulaklak pero eto isipin niyo. pagkatapos mong kainin ang mga bagay bagay na iyon, ano nagbago? tumaba ka lang.

ang hirap ng kumakain ako ng salad at mansanas for the first two weeks. umiiyak talaga ako per pag nasanay ka , tuloy tuloy ang pagbagsak ng timbang.

kaya pag baboy ka at nababasa mo ito, mapalalake o mapa babae, aba magbawas ka na ng timbang.

• Like (+1) 2

actualy do not run to much kung overweight ka. I did the same mistake and sumakit ang tuhod ko. buti na lang walang damage. for alternative yet more effective exercise regimen, punta ka sa youtube and search mo ang Hasfit workouts. longest 30 minutes of your life pero low impact.

dieting will drive you nuts talaga. I remember when I first started dieting, yung typing 3 days pa lang, napadaan ako sa kfc and naamoy ko ang mga pagkain nila. ng papasok ako inawat ako ng asawa ko, sinigawan ko siya at tiniger look ;( kumain ako ng 8pcs chicken and 6 na rice with unlimited gravy.

felt so sad after eating it, parang all my hard work for three days nawala.

keep up the good work

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 215 at 5'9. I've been running myself to death for a good couple of months now. I don't loathe myself but ain't proud either. First target is to go sub 200 first.

The dieting will drive you nuts. All the more to those who calorie count, those guys are borderline insane.

Ahhh... the dreaded 200lb barrier....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...