Proud To Be Fat?

I used to be content having gained excess weight. But, it's not healthy, so I am doing something about it.

I don't think it should be something I should be proud of, since it's easy to be fat. But, it's HARD work to be fit and healthy while still being able to indulge in the occasional pizza or burger :D

Edited by Solaryan

Although I do agree that being overweight is not an achievement for some, gaining extra pounds can be considered by some as such.

There are those kasi na kahit anong gawing kain medyo underweight because of medical conditions (i.e. hyperthyroidism), which can make it difficult to manage weight. So, for them gaining a little extra pounds can be considered as an achievement. Keeping the healthy weight on though is another problem. My emphasis though is on HEALTHY weight. Meaning their BMI is within the normal range. Kaya lang in the eyes of some "tumaba" ang mga taong ganito.

On the other side of the spectrum, meron din naman kasing tumaba because of medical reasons (i.e. hypothyroidism, polycystic ovarian syndrome in women, etc).

My point lang siguro is, let's not be quick to judge. These people are not proud, they may project that image in order to avoid being ridiculed in public, but we do not know their internal struggles especially when they are on their own. Siguro, let's just look the other way. Let's not add more societal pressure on these people. They get that from their families, friends, relatives, etc. As for those na talagang lazy lang and sobrang lakas lang kumain, let's leave them alone, it's their life anyway. As long as they don't do anything stupid to hurt us or other people around them.

They may not look attractive, so let's not waste our time on them.

I should know, I lost 30lbs in the last 6 months. And I did it for myself not because society dictates that I should be a size 4 in my biggest.

Totoo i gained weight kasi i have pcos, but my ob told me i need to shed off too

post-525403-0-64318300-1480485413_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blac Chyna
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

a lot of overweight/obese people tend to accept the fact that they will never be thin/fit because that is the easiest option to go with their lifestyle. it is sad because most of them do not see the value that exercise and healthy eating can bring to their lives.

a lot of them are too lethargic to even start something new. pressure at work pushes them to stress-eat, and everything else leads to a slow down in their daily routine. it's sad, but we can only do so much to make them realize they are doing it wrong. usually, when they realize, it's too late to even start.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...