Proud To Be Fat?

• 2 weeks later...

You did not read my statement carefully and completely - I hate excuses, I hate those who have many excuses

I love fat people who have the desire, guts and will to make themselves fit ... they inspire me, they symbolize people who can make things happen ...

I did not say you are hopeless or nothing, you did ... so try saying this "Yes I can" ...

I have 180-pounder+ friends.. back then they were depressed and unable ... after a few years of effort to loose weight - they were able to enjoy places like Mt. Pinatubo Crater lake 2x, Sagada once and soon Mt. Halcon - Such things they can not do with their previous weight

I find this very mean... just because we can't live up to your expectations doesn't mean we are hopeless or anything.... do you have grudges with fat/obese people?

Those who has so many excuses in life are likely to be fat/obese or losers .....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Indeed it takes specific motivations at most of the times. Congratulations.

Ako before overweight ako, nag start ako mag diet nung may nagustuhan akong girl tapos di numb nya ko.

So na motivate ako nag payat no rice ako. Plus exercise. Plust my diet pills ako . I loose 170 pounds in on year.

Now im weighing 63kg.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, being a little plumped is not a crime. Respect does not really depend on the circumference of your waistline. Fat people can still have a lot of sex appeal. Just look at Jack Black and Seth Rogen. So unless you are morbidly obese or you are a food addict, then you can die a respectable human being even if you are fat. I have nothing against fat people at all, unless they are gluttons na talaga.

BUT......

Why short-change yourself? If you can develop a stronger and healthier body then go for it. Why deny yourself of the many opportunities you can have with a more fit physique. I am not saying that we all should try to look like underwear models, but at least be healthy enough so you can do things like travel, take long walks, be able to swim, play with your children etc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 9 months later...

Maybe a better title for the topic is "Not Embarrassed to be Fat". If you put it that way, then you could ask if there is a reason to be embarrassed about being fat. I don't.

And yes I am overweight. Most people don't see it because most of the extra pounds are on my legs. I am currently trying to loose the weight for health concerns.

In my younger days, I was obviously fat. I resisted loosing the extra weight. I was teased, and I know it hindered success with the ladies. But my thinking was I would be a sell out. That I would just be following others superficial way of thinking.

Before anybody reacts, I am not saying exercising is superficial. I know all its benefits. More power to those who try to keep fit.

That being said, the people around me in my youth, were doing it for reasons other than health. They wanted to show off their physique, they wanted to try this gym or that gym because it was "in". They wanted me to loose weight so I can look better.

The only ones concerned with my health was my family. Especially my parents.

My thinking was why should I try to loose weight just to be more acceptable for people like them. Health reasons aside, why do you need to loose weight?

There's my two centavos folks .

Edited by ubarofsky
  • Like (+1) 1

Not really. I don't feel my best when I'm overweight. I didn't like it when I'm too thin either. It's not because of what others think. The connotation seems to be if you're trying to be fit its because you're being pressured to do so. Not me, I like it best when I'm not too thin and not too fat.

I was a big kid ever since I could remember, but 5-6 years ago, I really went downhill due to improper lifestyle. Puro inom, yosi, kain ng matataba at matatamis tapos puyat pa. Went from 34 inches to 40 inches, and for the first time, bigla ako nagkaroon ng potbelly tsaka manboobs.

It was really hard for me back then, walang damit na kakasya sa akin, had to upsize my clothes tapos pag gusto mo bumili, even the largest sizes won't fit me. Tapos hingalin pa, sa sex wala pa one round, hingal na. and of course, di mawawala yung tukso sa paligid, pati sarili kong pamilya tinutukso ako na mataba. Tapos dinedeny ko pa sarili ko na mataba na ko until the doctor showed me the truth: I was Class 2 obese tapos pre-diabetic na ko and mataas na uric acid tsaka cholesterol levels ko. He recommended me to undego gastric bypass surgery para daw pumayat ako, which I declined. Isip ko nun di ko kelangan yun, I can lose weight on my own.

From there, I decided to live a much healthier lifestyle, I quit smoking and consumed alcohol sparingly. Limited my carbs and sugar tapos dinamihan ang gulay, kung dati araw araw ang softdrinks, ngayon sobrang madalang na. Went back to the gym again, I make sure na at least 3 times a week nasa gym ako.

Now, I still have a long way to go, medyo malaki pa rin ako but compared to before, laki na rin nabawasan sa akin. Clothes fit me well, mas di na ko hingalin tsaka kahit round 2 pa kaya hehe. Managed to return my blood sugar levels back to normal and dramatically reduced na rin uric acid levels ko.

But the most rewarding part is the fact that I did something that I thought could never do before. Kala ko dati habambuhay na ko mataba at adik sa bisyo, but I was able to attain a much healthier lifestyle because of discipline and self-control, two things that I lacked back then.

I was a big kid ever since I could remember, but 5-6 years ago, I really went downhill due to improper lifestyle. Puro inom, yosi, kain ng matataba at matatamis tapos puyat pa. Went from 34 inches to 40 inches, and for the first time, bigla ako nagkaroon ng potbelly tsaka manboobs.

It was really hard for me back then, walang damit na kakasya sa akin, had to upsize my clothes tapos pag gusto mo bumili, even the largest sizes won't fit me. Tapos hingalin pa, sa sex wala pa one round, hingal na. and of course, di mawawala yung tukso sa paligid, pati sarili kong pamilya tinutukso ako na mataba. Tapos dinedeny ko pa sarili ko na mataba na ko until the doctor showed me the truth: I was Class 2 obese tapos pre-diabetic na ko and mataas na uric acid tsaka cholesterol levels ko. He recommended me to undego gastric bypass surgery para daw pumayat ako, which I declined. Isip ko nun di ko kelangan yun, I can lose weight on my own.

From there, I decided to live a much healthier lifestyle, I quit smoking and consumed alcohol sparingly. Limited my carbs and sugar tapos dinamihan ang gulay, kung dati araw araw ang softdrinks, ngayon sobrang madalang na. Went back to the gym again, I make sure na at least 3 times a week nasa gym ako.

Now, I still have a long way to go, medyo malaki pa rin ako but compared to before, laki na rin nabawasan sa akin. Clothes fit me well, mas di na ko hingalin tsaka kahit round 2 pa kaya hehe. Managed to return my blood sugar levels back to normal and dramatically reduced na rin uric acid levels ko.

But the most rewarding part is the fact that I did something that I thought could never do before. Kala ko dati habambuhay na ko mataba at adik sa bisyo, but I was able to attain a much healthier lifestyle because of discipline and self-control, two things that I lacked back then.

Congratulations my man! Keep up the good work. Sana mashare mo before and after pic

My thinking was why should I try to loose weight just to be more acceptable for people like them. Health reasons aside, why do you need to loose weight?

you will only find out when you've lost weight. for now though: proof that you have what it takes to complete a difficult task instead of rationalizing your weaknesses.

Maybe a better title for the topic is "Not Embarrassed to be Fat". If you put it that way, then you could ask if there is a reason to be embarrassed about being fat. I don't.

And yes I am overweight. Most people don't see it because most of the extra pounds are on my legs. I am currently trying to loose the weight for health concerns.

In my younger days, I was obviously fat. I resisted loosing the extra weight. I was teased, and I know it hindered success with the ladies. But my thinking was I would be a sell out. That I would just be following others superficial way of thinking.

Before anybody reacts, I am not saying exercising is superficial. I know all its benefits. More power to those who try to keep fit.

That being said, the people around me in my youth, were doing it for reasons other than health. They wanted to show off their physique, they wanted to try this gym or that gym because it was "in". They wanted me to loose weight so I can look better.

The only ones concerned with my health was my family. Especially my parents.

Let me share brother,

Exercise helped save my life. It helped me deal with my depression better. I did not enroll in the gym because I wanted to look like an underwear model. In fact, having success with the ladies was the last thing on my mind. I needed to escape a lot of bad habbits. When I am out there exercising, I am not home drinking, or eating junkfood. Or moping around all day and add salt on my wounds. I figured, yes running is free, but if I didn't have to pay for it, I would not take exercise seriously.

See, I really started becoming a more positive individual when I started training. In fact, it changed my whole perspective on what exercise is about. Exercise for me is therapy. I need it like a diabetic needs insulin. Exercise is meditation. In that hour where I am lifting something, or runnning, or punching something, my mind clears. All the pollution in my emotions suddenly go away. I am not bothered by my demons, and I am at peace. I walk out the gym a more pleasant individual. See exercise is more mental than physical. Because your muscles do nothing but carry the stress. Its your mind you have to force to do one more rep, one more min etc. So that is a way of saying, that exercise is an excellent way to improve your focus.

It also develops discipline. Because you have to pay for it, you have to keep going. Because you train you gotta learn to eat right or you will just get sick. With better mental focus you develop also a better routine by changing a lot of habits till before you know it you get a whole life-style overhaul.

Its a bonus to see yourself look better and be able to see yourself fitting better in your clothes. It brings out confidence and so much positivity. For me, if your only motivation to go to the gym is to look better to attract the opposite sex, then most likely within a few months you'll quit. Or paminsan minsan ka lang dadalaw sa gym. But if you wanna live a disciplined lifestyle, develop better focus, and have that way to just not be bothered by your demons, then it will be a part of you like brushing your teeth is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...