Proud To Be Fat?

• 2 weeks later...

hushppuppy, papalnuncio ..... anyone/everyone can do something about it ..... but i am not saying it is easy ...

... stop fooling yourselves ..... work on it ... you can do it

I admit that I'm fat...although some says

that I look good with a little cushion,still I would like

to lose weight :)

i know i'm fat but i want to do something about it.
Not necessarily. As they say " beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

No one (in his/her right mind) want to be fat .... you can do something .... oh yes we can all eat, we have to eat ...

.... again it is no secret in getting slim... you know what i mean

i am fat, i know it. i dont want it. but i accept it.

I eat because i'm depresed, I'm depressed because i eat. - Fat Bastard

Not a mistake at all, it is the TRUTH, I admire you of facing the truth... again... You just like anyone else can do something about it ...

... oh yes ... Men will surely be attracted to you ..in and out

i am fat...and it gives me the notion that fat ladies DO NOT attract men...

i sincerely hope i am mistaken :)

Hate it and in the course of hating it, the good news is, you can do something about it...

im fat and i hate it :thumbsdownsmiley:

That is the spirit.... say goodbye to BLUBBER

im fat but hopefully not for long..=)

I think that for the most part, being fat is a result of a person's decisions.

I'm not in the best shape... I wouldn't say I'm fat but I could definitely lose weight and get more in shape. I think that instead of bigger people strutting their stuff around like it's not an issue at all, they should realize that something should be done.

I mean, I do think that anyone can be beautiful regardless of their size and heavier people need not feel like they're "inferior" compared to skinnier people. But your weight is more than just about your appearance. It's about your health as well. Anyone who was heavy and lost weight feels SO much better...

Also, some people who are skinny but flabby... yeah, something needs to be done there too. They're fat "on the inside" and that's also unhealthy.

i am fat.. i do not hate being one and do not love being one.

will do something about it

must do something about it

for vanity... and for sex.. :-)

seldom fat woman attracts man.. :-)

she's right. honestly i find chubby woman really sexy... and for me having a chubby body is another way of being sexy :rolleyes:

Being fat is not always a destiny, but I agree that not all Fat are destined to be Slim. What matters most is living a fulfilled and happy life. If you are happy being fat and you get good benefits out of it, then I see no reason for this guys to be ashamed. Some preferred to lose the extra baggage as they can't carry the life of being a fat person. It will always dwell with determination and living a life you are comfortable with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i was not particularly proud of it. a lean, athletic body is generally attractive because of our survival instinct. it is a product of evolution. an athletic body usually performs better than an obese one, especially at more physical tasks important in the past (maybe defending one's young from a 300-kilogram sabretooth tiger, or carrying one's young in the womb). we choose a partner with a functional body in order to increase our chances of survival. professional athletes are the epitome of performance. they need to improve their bodily functions in order to perform better. fat athletes are rare.

efficient functioning, good performance leads to an athletic body, therefore an athletic body is a sign of good performance and efficient functioning. at least i think so. just take a look at anderson silva, georges st. pierre, or randy couture (ufc). if they do not perform efficiently, they get hurt.

just my opinion on the matter.

Edited by Palakol

fat is never pretty. our bodies are not designed to carry too much weight. being fat is like desecrating one's body.

the heart has a hard time pumping blood. vital organs like the lungs get compressed. the cartilages in the joints especially the knees are abused and get worn out.

movement is limited thus creating handicaps. even the skin is stretched to grotesque proportions.

above all, it looks unnatural and unattractive.

• 1 month later...
i am not fat.... so i am not telling this to defend myself.

but imho, may mga taong pinanganak talagang mataba. and to tell you what i feel about it, wala... what is important is maski mataba ka is you are fit to do what you are supposed to do, yung mga activities mo and as such.... ngayon, kung nakakaistorbo na yan sa daily routine mo and that you feel you cannot do the things you are supposed to do because your weight hinders you, then it is up to you to do what is best to remedy it... pwede kang mag gym, pwede kang mag pa lipo, etc.

and of course, if your health calls for it, then you have to do something about it.

let me tell you my story.... (medyo related eh...)

i'm 5'8", used to play college department basketball (eng'g - UST) as point guard. i used to weigh 150 pounds when i was in college. used to have a 30" waistline.

nung nag trabaho, weight ballooned to 245 pounds, dahil sa sobrang stress sa work, wala na akong ginawa kundi uminom ng beer, kumain ng kanin (used to average 3 cups of rice/meal), uminom ng coke, maupo sa table and matulog paguwi ng bahay. BP even rose to an average of 150/100 (which i think is borderline for hypertensive). resting heart rate is 130 bpm. waistline is 42". lived that kind of live for almost three years, until......

sa annual physical checkup sa office, nagulat yung doktor sa results ng exam ko, considering i'm 28 years old then. yung isang ka jamming ko dito sa office, na mild stroke na, and he was only 32. tapos ame yung lifestyle namin. yung company doctor told me na if i really don't change my lifestyle immediately, i will be dead by age 34.

syempre, natakot ako, considering i have a 2 year old son. and what i did was history.... hehehehe. after doing extreme cardio exercises, and eating just green salads and fruits for almost a month, weight fell down to 200 pounds, waistline shrunk to 38". took hydroxycut for a month, and eating sensibly (normal, but controlled food), weight feel down to 180 pounds... but bulked up by lifting weights so weight, climbed to 185 lbs. waistline fell to 36".

that came within two years of religously working out and eating sensibly.

ngayon, i''m on my cutting stage (dahil i feel, i am a little bit too bulked up), i weigh 176 pounds, waistline is 34.5" . resting heart rate is 80 bpm, and normal BP is 110/70. i feel good about myself and my health is ok.

all in all, after three years, weight fell by 69 pounds, waistline fell by 8 inches.

moral of the story: if you have the discipline to do it, then you see results. if you are driven to do it, then do it and if your health calls for it, then you have to do it....

disadvantage: ang gastos sa wardrobe.... hehehe, but that is another story and concern.

and oh, i forgot... hindi important and size mo....ang importante kung pano mo sya dalahin tsaka yung ugali mo....

macho ka nga, sama naman ng ugali mo, ganun din. hehehehehe.

Very well said Google...and very encouraging story too...i think i can relate to your story since i''ve been through the same..haaay...still needs to loose some more :D