Proud To Be Fat?

As I always say;

If it tastes sweet spit it out.

Sugar is a generic term used to identify simple carbohydrates, which includes monosaccharides such as fructose, glucose and galactose; and disaccharides such as maltose and sucrose (white table sugar). Think of these sugars as different-shaped bricks in a wall.

When fructose is the primary monosaccharide brick in the wall, the glycemic index registers as healthier, since this simple sugar is slowly absorbed in the gut, then converted to glucose in the liver. This makes for "time-release foods," which offer a more gradual rise and fall in blood-glucose levels.

If glucose is the primary monosaccharide brick in the wall, the glycemic index will be higher and less healthy for the individual. As the brick wall is torn apart in digestion, the glucose is pumped across the intestinal wall directly into the bloodstream, rapidly raising blood-glucose levels.

In other words, there is a "window of efficacy" for glucose in the blood: levels too low make one feel lethargic and can create clinical hypoglycemia; levels too high start creating the rippling effect of diabetic health problems

The following is a listing of some of sugar's metabolic consequences from a variety of medical journals and other scientific publications.

1. Sugar can suppress your immune system and impair your defenses against infectious disease.1,2

2. Sugar upsets the mineral relationships in your body: causes chromium and copper deficiencies and interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium. 3,4,5,6

3. Sugar can cause can cause a rapid rise of adrenaline, hyperactivity, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and crankiness in children.7,8

4. Sugar can produce a significant rise in total cholesterol, triglycerides and bad cholesterol and a decrease in good cholesterol.9,10,11,12

5. Sugar causes a loss of tissue elasticity and function.13

6. Sugar feeds cancer cells and has been connected with the development of cancer of the breast, ovaries, prostate, rectum, pancreas, biliary tract, lung, gallbladder and stomach.14,15,16,17,18,19,20

7. Sugar can increase fasting levels of glucose and can cause reactive hypoglycemia.21,22

8. Sugar can weaken eyesight.23

9. Sugar can cause many problems with the gastrointestinal tract including: an acidic digestive tract, indigestion, malabsorption in patients with functional bowel disease, increased risk of Crohn's disease, and ulcerative colitis.24,25,26,27,28

10. Sugar can cause premature aging.29

11. Sugar can lead to alcoholism.30

12. Sugar can cause your saliva to become acidic, tooth decay, and periodontal disease.31,32,33

13. Sugar contributes to obesity.34

14. Sugar can cause autoimmune diseases such as: arthritis, asthma, multiple sclerosis.35,36,37

15. Sugar greatly assists the uncontrolled growth of Candida Albicans (yeast infections)38

16. Sugar can cause gallstones.39

17. Sugar can cause appendicitis.40

18. Sugar can cause hemorrhoids.41

19. Sugar can cause varicose veins.42

20. Sugar can elevate glucose and insulin responses in oral contraceptive users.43

21. Sugar can contribute to osteoporosis.44

22. Sugar can cause a decrease in your insulin sensitivity thereby causing an abnormally high insulin levels and eventually diabetes.45,46,47

23. Sugar can lower your Vitamin E levels.48

24. Sugar can increase your systolic blood pressure.49

25. Sugar can cause drowsiness and decreased activity in children.50

26. High sugar intake increases advanced glycation end products (AGEs)(Sugar molecules attaching to and thereby damaging proteins in the body).51

27. Sugar can interfere with your absorption of protein.52

28. Sugar causes food allergies.53

29. Sugar can cause toxemia during pregnancy.54

30. Sugar can contribute to eczema in children.55

31. Sugar can cause atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease.56,57

32. Sugar can impair the structure of your DNA.58

33. Sugar can change the structure of protein and cause a permanent alteration of the way the proteins act in your body.59,60

34. Sugar can make your skin age by changing the structure of collagen.61

35. Sugar can cause cataracts and nearsightedness.62,63

36. Sugar can cause emphysema.64

37. High sugar intake can impair the physiological homeostasis of many systems in your body.65

38. Sugar lowers the ability of enzymes to function.66

39. Sugar intake is higher in people with Parkinson’s disease.67

40. Sugar can increase the size of your liver by making your liver cells divide and it can increase the amount of liver fat.68,69

41. Sugar can increase kidney size and produce pathological changes in the kidney such as the formation of kidney stones.70,71

42. Sugar can damage your pancreas.72

43. Sugar can increase your body's fluid retention.73

44. Sugar is enemy #1 of your bowel movement.74

45. Sugar can compromise the lining of your capillaries.75

46. Sugar can make your tendons more brittle.76

47. Sugar can cause headaches, including migraines.77

48. Sugar can reduce the learning capacity, adversely affect school children's grades and cause learning disorders.78,79

49. Sugar can cause an increase in delta, alpha, and theta brain waves which can alter your mind’s ability to think clearly.80

50. Sugar can cause depression.81

51. Sugar can increase your risk of gout.82

52. Sugar can increase your risk of Alzheimer’s disease.83

53. Sugar can cause hormonal imbalances such as: increasing estrogen in men, exacerbating PMS, and decreasing growth hormone.84,85,86,87

54. Sugar can lead to dizziness.88

55. Diets high in sugar will increase free radicals and oxidative stress.89

56. High sucrose diets of subjects with peripheral vascular disease significantly increases platelet adhesion.90

57. High sugar consumption of pregnant adolescents can lead to substantial decrease in gestation duration and is associated with a twofold increased risk for delivering a small-for-gestational-age (SGA) infant.91,92

58. Sugar is an addictive substance.93

59. Sugar can be intoxicating, similar to alcohol.94

60. Sugar given to premature babies can affect the amount of carbon dioxide they produce.95

61. Decrease in sugar intake can increase emotional stability.96

62. Your body changes sugar into 2 to 5 times more fat in the bloodstream than it does starch.97

63. The rapid absorption of sugar promotes excessive food intake in obese subjects.98

64. Sugar can worsen the symptoms of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).99

65. Sugar adversely affects urinary electrolyte composition.100

66. Sugar can slow down the ability of your adrenal glands to function.101

67. Sugar has the potential of inducing abnormal metabolic processes in a normal healthy individual and to promote chronic degenerative diseases.102

68. I.V.s (intravenous feedings) of sugar water can cut off oxygen to your brain.103

69. Sugar increases your risk of polio.104

70. High sugar intake can cause epileptic seizures.105

71. Sugar causes high blood pressure in obese people.106

72. In intensive care units: Limiting sugar saves lives.107

73. Sugar may induce cell death.108

74. In juvenile rehabilitation camps, when children were put on a low sugar diet, there was a 44 percent drop in antisocial behavior.109

75. Sugar dehydrates newborns.110

76. Sugar can cause gum disease.111

di naman siguro pwedeng sabihing disgusting. mga tao pa rin yan na may feelings, may emotions.... (naks...)

and yes, i have to agree, may genetic reason din ang cause ng obesity. but it is up to the person himself or herself to allow himself/herself to be one. 

as we have put it here before, it is unhealthy. hwag na lang kayong tumingin sa physical aspects of being fat. just look at the effects it will have on your health.

agree. being fat is not only significant on the outside but moreso on the inside...it's not healthy to be fat. plain and simple fact of nature.

i have been fat before...and i rationalized a lot, thinking of every darn reason y i shouldn't drag my ass to the gym and do some exercise and limit my intake...but that didn't solve the problem...justifying that "u accept ur self as fat and therefore it's ok" is a lame excuse not to TRY getting rid of that excess weight.

bottomline,fat deposits ain't there just by themselves...u put those stuff inside u in the first place. so the only way to get rid of them is for u to convince urself that it's time to take them out...

genetics is one thing...resolve is another. discipline. even the heaviest of the heavy can lose weight if he/she wants to. self-control. self-mastery. it starts there.

rationalisations won't get u anywhere. u'r still stuck with a fat ass, w/c makes it hard for u to fit in the nicest stuff, and u have just elevated ur chances of getting sick...

so much for "it's ok to be fat". it's not.

genetics is one thing...resolve is another. discipline. even the heaviest of the heavy can lose weight if he/she wants to. self-control. self-mastery. it starts there.

rationalisations won't get u anywhere. u'r still stuck with a fat ass, w/c makes it hard for u to fit in the nicest stuff, and u have just elevated ur chances of getting sick...

so much for "it's ok to be fat". it's not.

Bullseye! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mga peeps I know a lot of fat people myself included, but I changed and everyone can change just like me. It's not about being confident even if you fat or people come in different sizes. It's all about Health. Most heart desease, diabetes and high cholesterol levels are more likely linked to high levels of fat in an individual. If you can only extend your life by an hour or even a year woudn't you do it. I hope everyone here realizes that fat is not a fashion or "IN" thing its a health thing. OK lang kung conting fat pero yung mga obese or people with higfh cholesterol levels or even yung may mga history of heart problems. I hope it's not too late. Hope you guys look after your health and consider living a healthy lifestyle.

PEACE.

to those whose waistlines are bigger than their hiplines, better shape up or get in touch with your insurance broker and buy the following.

1. hospitalization insurance --- you would need this for sure.

2. life insurance --- i am sure your hospitalization bills will not all be covered by insurance no.1

3. memorial plan --- siguraduhin mo may matitira sa life insurance mo sa mga iiwanan mo.

i am just stating facts, here, too much medical research have been made regarding obesity and cardio vascular diseases. the problem is real!

Edited by masi

high blood pressure,high cholesterol,daibetes,high triglycerides,grabe ang hirap maging fat talaga....know what mga bro. early this year been through an operation on my gallbladder due to stones dahil na din cguro of being fat....I'm just on my middle 20's...ang hirap di naman ako malakas kumain pero ang lake ko...it's very hard to buy clothes,pants..etc... gallstones nagkakaroon bec of cholesterol buildups ..kaya advise ko lang sana try to loose weight sa mga heavier side na mga kabros natin ang hirap and magasrtos pa....now I"m enrolled in the gym my weight pump up to almost trice as our medium build ladies out there ...now I'm doing my best to lose weight shed of 10 pounds in 1.5 months....have a new life ...sana maging wakeup call to para sa ibang bros natin.... :D

Mga guys and gals first part of loosing weight starts in your head. You have to decide and think about your future and where you want your health to be. Loosing weight is not easy but 10 minutes of walking a days helps. Diet plays a big role in weight loss. 1 hour ka nga mag work out, isang bandehadon kanin naman ang tinutumba mo plus soft drinks also slows down your metabolism. Iwasan lang po and carbs if you can. You will notice a dramatic change after 2 weeks of no carbs, but also dieting and weight training is a lifestyle not a fad. The only way I try to maintain my weight is to eat the nasty stuff on the weekend para namang gift ko sa sarilo ko. Para hindi ko hanap hanapin.

Cheers.....

• 5 weeks later...
Guest busabos

there's no reason to be proud of being fat.

if you already are, then burn off the extra pounds right away!

train hard, be focused in your workouts and stop chattering in the gym.

don't be a loser

lard asses are prone to the following:

-gall stones

-liver failure

-varicose veins

-cartilage damage in knees from carrying all that blubber around

-infected skin folds

-decrease in mental ability according to new research

-back pain

and a host of other well documented problems.

why anyone would want to be a blubber butt, or be proud of being a jelly belly especially with all the new findings on why being a thunder-thighed, waddling, porcine land whale is not just unhealthy, but downright dangerous is beyond comprehension.

unless there's something physically wrong with a person, like having a glandular disorder, being an oinker is a choice.

• 4 weeks later...
I really don't want to offend anybody with my statement... I'm just curious why people ... who are obviously have a larger body than the average sized people would say that they are proud to be fat rather than taking time to commit themselves in regualr exercise and diet..... did they lost their will to trim down or what?  I used to be really fat when I felt that I need to trim down when I was in highschool.... kasi panget na nga ako then it would be complemented by my very big belly...  kay todo exercise ako at diet.. pero not to the extent of torturing myself.....  lahat ng tao pwde magpapayat ..... they just need time and determination.. pati discipline... pero bakit ang daming gustong maging large framed sila for life? Why? not to offend kasi marami din ako friends na large...

Sometimes we say that weve done the best to trim down but still the same. I have an obese friend, and he admits that its more on descipline that he could control his eating habits and adds that even though how much he tries to control his eating nothing happens. Masarap talaga kumain...

a piece of advise...

what is not "in" to you doesnt mean not "in" to all  ;) 

im fat...

hindi kinakahiya, hindi din proud

There are clinics on how to stay fit but not fat. Try walking and reducing your rice. he he he

Health should be developed as a habit while one is young. for its hard to have good health habits when you are already old. Just a thought. No offense but I just care...

im overweight. i eat just enough. im not into fatty foods. i hardly eat junkfood. as much as i love sweets, i seldom eat them not because they're fattening but because im prone to tonsillitis. i drink around 3 liters of water everyday. i love veggies. for in between snacks, i have a pack of crackers. i walk approximately 8000 steps a day. when i get home from ojt i do the dishes, clean our 3 storey house and do the laundry (for 7 people) every other day. i play basketball/volleyball/badminton on weekends. i do 10 laps every now and then. yet im still overweight. do i want to get slimmer? no. im active to keep my energy up as i do a lot of work. im happy with my figure. getting slimmer means getting a new wardrobe (and i hate shopping) and having your friends suspect you're on drugs. guys still show interest which proves im still attractive. blood sugar, cholesterol, bp are all normal.

yes im overweight. so what? :huh:

I'm fat. I'm not proud of it. There was a time when I was thin. I wasn't proud of that either. Losing weight and staying thin takes a lot of work. Getting fat is easy. I merely took the path of least resistance. I enjoyed the whole process of getting fat. Now I'm paying the price of all the food trips I took. Health-wise, I have not yet had any complications. My weight gain has reached its limit.

It is only now that I'm living on my own that I really get to choose the kind of food I eat. You can say that I'm making up for lost time. I have a feeling that I will reach a turning point once I have satisfied this need of mine to enjoy what used to be off-limits to me. At the rate I'm going, unless I haven't sampled a particularly addicting flavor, it won't be too far-off.

I have less concern for my physical appearance, so losing weight would be more or less a matter of satiety. By indulging myself to the point of gluttony, I believe that I have no more reason to say that I was deprived of my favorite foods. At the very least, I can tell myself that I enjoyed what life had to offer in terms of food.

Am I proud to be FAT? hmmm...honestly, I am not either proud or too shy about it. I am still wishing to have a sexy body..but that would be far from reality. I've been heavy since I was a baby. Tried lots of ways to trim down but failed. I guess lack of will power huh? but nonetheless, I know for sure that even if I am on the heavy side..I am CUTE! :P like what my handle states :P I am still doing best to lose some pounds or maintain my current state and make sure that I feel sexy inspite of the physical limitation.

For me, I am fat..I am on the heavy side..but definitely I don't look YUCKY. I am big..but I know and proud to say I exude sexiness and confidence. :) I am flat but not flat front and back!

My running principle is " I am fat but I am beautiful. I'd rather be one than be sexy and ugly..coz fat people like me can go on diet and be MORE beautiful...ugly people...no matter what they do..they are still ugly! " oops . :sick: ....tabi tabi po. :P

alam na ng mga matataba na mataba sila, di mo na kailangang sabihan siya na "huy ang taba mo naman." alam na rin nilang di maganda to sa kalusugan nila, di mo na kailangang sabihan sila nang sabihan. sa tingin mo wala silang ginagawa para pumayat? kung ikaw ay mataba at pumayat, good for you. di mo na kailangang ipangalandakan ito sa mga ganitong forum at sabihan ang ibang matataba na kailangan nilang magpapayat dahil ikaw kaya mo. unless siguro gusto mong ipagyabang at i-broadcast sa lahat na napalakas ng disiplina mo sa sarili. you're just doing this because you're concerned? na andami na kasing matataba na baka ano mangyari sa kanila? bakit ka magiging concerned sa kanila? kaanu-ano mo ba sila?

ang mga matataba alam na nila yang mga sinsabi ninyong pangit para sa kanila. meron silang ginagawa para pumayat. ang mahirap lang ay ang added pressure mula sa ibang "payat" na sabi nang sabi sa kanilang "magpapayat ka na kasi ganito at ganyan."

sa pagbabasa ko dito, ang dami pala talagang nagdi-discriminate sa mga matataba tsk tsk tsk.

i dont see their point either. may mga classmate ako na "sexy" and supposedly "healthy" sila. pero nung nagvolunteer kami sa geriatric home mas mahaba na nga ang tulog nila kesa sakin sila pa yung laging napapagod agad. sila pa yung tinatamad maglakad. so bakit ako maiingit sa kanila?! :huh:

alam na ng mga matataba na mataba sila, di mo na kailangang sabihan siya na "huy ang taba mo naman." alam na rin nilang di maganda to sa kalusugan nila, di mo na kailangang sabihan sila nang sabihan. sa tingin mo wala silang ginagawa para pumayat? kung ikaw ay mataba at pumayat, good for you. di mo na kailangang ipangalandakan ito sa mga ganitong forum at sabihan ang ibang matataba na kailangan nilang magpapayat dahil ikaw kaya mo. unless siguro gusto mong ipagyabang at i-broadcast sa lahat na napalakas ng disiplina mo sa sarili. you're just doing this because you're concerned? na andami na kasing matataba na baka ano mangyari sa kanila? bakit ka magiging concerned sa kanila? kaanu-ano mo ba sila?

ang mga matataba alam na nila yang mga sinsabi ninyong pangit para sa kanila. meron silang ginagawa para pumayat. ang mahirap lang ay ang added pressure mula sa ibang "payat" na sabi nang sabi sa kanilang "magpapayat ka na kasi ganito at ganyan."

I see your point entirely dude but its not really correct to generalize that those who share their "i got thin" stories are just out to brag or whatever... I think the spirit behind their post is "it can be done" ... now its really up to our "heavier" friends around if they want to do that or not.

What is important is you decide to get fit and lose weight not for someone else, not because of peer pressure but because YOU yourself want to be healthy and fit. Aesthetics should not be a major issue here - health should be.

i dont see their point either. may mga classmate ako na "sexy" and supposedly "healthy" sila. pero nung nagvolunteer kami sa geriatric home mas mahaba na nga ang tulog nila kesa sakin sila pa yung laging napapagod agad. sila pa yung tinatamad maglakad. so bakit ako maiingit sa kanila?!  :huh:

Tama yan! Wag ka mainggit... if the time comes when you do commit to losing weight, it should be FOR YOURSELF - because you want to do it not because other people put the pressure on you :)

I see your point entirely dude but its not really correct to generalize that those who share their "i got thin" stories are just out to brag or whatever... I think the spirit behind their post is "it can be done" ... now its really up to our "heavier" friends around if they want to do that or not.

What is important is you decide to get fit and lose weight not for someone else, not because of peer pressure but because YOU yourself want to be healthy and fit. Aesthetics should not be a major issue here - health should be.

i'll have to agree with him. i don't think that those who are telling their stories are doing it "purely" because they are "concerned". me halong yabang na rin siguro mga yun, aminin na rin natin. yun ay base sa karamihan lang ng mga nabasa ko dito. lalo na yung mga nagsasabing matataba sila dati at nagtataka sila kung bakit di magawa ng ibang matataba yung nagawa nila. opinyon ko lang po.