Proud To Be Fat?

you cant blame for some gurls who cant help being fat...

like me... (well, im not largely fat, im less than 130 lbs,, but considered fat... hey im only 5 ft tall!)

even how hard we do for exercise and dont eat much... i mean diet... we cant have the figure of what they called "sexy"

some of us girls, (like me!) have this hormonal imbalance that which makes us gain weight without our control...

but having this figure doesnt mean were less of a person and a partner... (I BEG TO DISAGREE!)

full figures... can be damn hot and exude sexiness...

just be comfortable and be confident

hey... those sexy girls cant be crazy and witty as we do right? :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by boredchik

My First Pair of Jeans

The journey of a fat guy…

I really love to eat, lutong bahay, fastfood, lechon, ice cream, everything that was oily, salty, sweet. Especially condensed milk! I can finish two small cans by slurping it all up! Yum! Sugar high…

As a kid, I was the one whom elders call “napabayaan sa kusina”. I ate a lot as a kid. Even though I was active in sports, the food I consume overcompensates for the amount of energy that I used. Think of 70-30 to have an idea.

People would tell me “uyyy ang cute cute naman…”-----when I was an infant. When I reached my pubescent and adolescent stages, things began to change, really change.

Buying jeans on the teens clothing line when you’re about 9 or 10 years old I guess is not normal. But that was a usual thing for me then, I didn’t have an idea of what lies ahead.

When I turned 12, I was already buying size 38-40 jeans (which are “unusual sizes”during those times)! Imagine the long hours hunting for that single pair of jeans. Almost like trying to find a needle in the haystack or a buried treasure. I occasionally get to buy jeans (mostly signature ones) not minding the style, my mindset then was “basta may kumasya, ok na!!!”.

That mindset was kept throughout my high school and college years.

When I turned 20 (2003), I weighed in at my heaviest… I don’t know the exact weight but an inch or two to go would complete one revolution on the weighing scale, my BP was 150/100, and was already feeling the effects of an unhealthy lifestyle and bingeing on comfort food (which to me then was everything that I like). My jeans were size 46 and they were a snug fit, my shirts at size XXXL.

Thanks to a specialty clothing store that caters to big men, I could now buy jeans regularly even though my jeans size then was actually almost 50. I still bought size 46 jeans because I really can’t accept the fact that my waistline is really bigger than that. Good thing then that the store was in a mall near to us, about an hour or so away from Laguna. But the specialty store closed and that was the last time that I was able to buy a pair.

I could still remember every time we went swimming the agony of wearing a jersey because I was so conscious of my man-boobs.

Girls still look at me though, but in a different way. If most guys love it when girls or people in general would take a “second look” on them, well for me, it’s a different case. I really hated it, because I feel that when they take a “second look”, they pierce through my heart with looks of disgust. I swear, I could really feel that their eyes are telling me “ewww…”------and it hurts. It really, really hurts especially when some girls would refer to me as a “big teddy bear”. Ouch!

Heartbreak after heartbreak after heartbreak, it was then I realized that girls (most to all) would really find an overweight/obese guy attractive. So when I turned 21, that’s when I decided to buy a bike (actually, a gift from my sister).

Waking up early in the morning, I biked my heart out. The first few months were though because my bike kept on getting wrecked. I don’t know if it was caused by my weight or was a cheap one with cheap parts. I prefer the latter though.

After 8 months, I dropped some weight (I think I dropped from almost 270+ to 250 something, my jeans to size 40, and my shirts to size XXL). And it felt great. I felt like I’m Mr. Weight Loss! I continued my biking but I noticed that I hit a halt on my weight loss.

When my sister left for abroad, she proposed a deal to me. She said that she’ll buy me a pair of signature jeans if my waistline jeans size would eventually reach size 36.

I said “game on sister!”

After a few years trying, it was only this past summer that my goal to reach size 36 was met.

I started running (properly thanks to Men’s Health Magazine), which I hated for the longest time and eventually liked it. It reached the point of waking up earlier than my alarm clock because of excitement to run in the morning. The stamina that I gained from biking for so long was enough for me to enjoy running.

I started to eat semi-well. I’m trying my best to eat a balanced diet.

I started sleeping early, so waking up would not be a drag.

Started lifting weights because I read in an article in Men’s Health that cardios are for losing weight, and lifting weights would help in removing the flabs.

After 2 ½ months, people started to notice the difference on my body. I checked my weight and it is now playing around 207-210 pounds. My BP though is yet to be checked again. My shirts are now sizes medium to large, occasionally XL. I am even borrowing clothes from my dad!

And it was a real shocker to me. As I was browsing my dad’s cabinet for some old jeans, I stumbled upon this ratty, old, cheap, pair of jeans. I immediately checked-out the size. It was 36. Without hesitation, I tried it on, closed the zipper then the button, and guess what, it fits and it feels sooooo great! I was almost teary-eyed.

I immediately showed it to mom and dad I couldn’t forget the look of disbelief on their faces. But at the same time, I felt that they were proud of me for achieving a personal goal that I thought was impossible.

I went to school for our enrollment wearing a medium plain white v-neck shirt and khaki shorts, shaved head and all buff when one friend told me that I look like Vin Diesel in the movie Pacifier. I was in heaven. My smile was from ear to ear.

Teachers and schoolmates even thought of joining me on the annual Mr and Ms university pageant but I humbly declined the offer.

Posting my pics on friendster for my sister to see, was one of the highlights of this experience. She was also in disbelief that I am thinner, even to the point of accusing me me of editing my pics on Photoshop so as for her to keep her promise. She sent me an FCUK shirt instead and it was a size too big but still wearable. =) she told me that the promised pair of jeans was to follow. Its ok ate, I can wait. =)

My body is not perfect though. I still have some bilbil, and still has along way to go of reaching my ideal weight of 180 for my height (I stand 5’10”). But I can go swimming now without my jersey but I am still conscious at times.

The stretch marks? I wear them with pride man! They are like my war wounds and medals that war veterans wear proudly.

The afternoon of July 16, 2007, as I was walking around the mall planning to buy a shoe, as if fate would have it, I stumbled upon this store that sold jeans. Mustering up enough courage, I went in and browsed for some jeans asking for size 36 when I found the style I wanted. After the salesman handed me the pair and was instructed to try it in one of the fitting rooms, I felt numb. The fitting room was occupied and I have to wait for what seemed like the longest 10 minutes of my life. I was breaking a cold sweat as I entered the room. Holding the size 36 pair, I closed my eyes and asked “Lord, sana eto na…”.

I removed my shorts, and tried on the pair of jeans. Alas! It was nice fit…. Looking up into the heavens, I remember saying “Lord! Thank You!” hearing “Aleluya! Aleluya!” in the background.

I checked for the fit thoroughly before going to the cashier. I swear, it was a picture-perfect moment when I was about to pay.

I was smiling the whole 15-minute trip back home. It was like I was born again.

All I could say is this…

Nothing’s quite like the first time

Edited by Wyld
changed font to make it readable; merged w/ existing Proud to be Fat thread to serve as an inspiration for other members who want to change their body shape.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • 2 months later...
back in '94 i had a 27" waistline, weighed 118lbs, washboard abs, excellent calves, great biceps... :cool:

11 years after, i now weigh 140lbs, 33 waistline, tummy and all... <_<

i'm really gonna be serious gettin' back to form this summer... i miss the days when i'd rather not wear a shirt... :(

nyak! buti ka nga ganun lang eh ako, im at 186 lbs, 36 waistline from 150lbs, 32 waistline considering im 5'9'

• 3 weeks later...

i find it funny that i have such confidence when i was still weighing 180 bt now that i'm down to 130, i still find myself very fat.... uhmmm maybe when you realize how better it is "not fat" and healthy, you just won't stop till you get that weight you've long been dreaming of...

butchochoi galing ng post mo. natuwa ako basahin hehe.

i was not obese but my bmi is almost at the threshold between overweight and obese. about 4 mos. back, i was assigned here in india and i stayed in a guesthouse with a gym. i started working out regularly plus initially i didnt like the food so onti lang ako kumain.

eventually, i noticed that even if i like the food, sobrang bilis ko na mabusog. from then on, i was losing something like 1 kg per week and as of today, i have lost 16kg since i first got here.

at the rate i'm going, underweight na ko paguwi ko ng pinas hehe

as long as ok ang blood pressure . sugar count hmmm. ano pa ba .hapiness level..then i think its ok to be fat. pero kung nagkakaproblema na dahil sa weight.may it be physically/mentally or emotionally then it would be the time to take action.health is wealth so we should really take good care of it .and congrats to butchocoi, very inspiring.

• 2 weeks later...
As long as its healthy fat. I think there is such a thing I may be wrong though.

may taong 'malaman'

at may taong 'mataba'

sana wala lang maoffend

ako kahit mataba ako....... mukha parin akong tao at tao parin akong magisip

kaya for me... thats one thing to be proud of :)

Edited by Yoi_musume
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
how can you be proud when your fat, i don't think hippos ang pigs are proud of themeselve

there are people who are fat but they are still proud. they have their own reasons why they are proud. and mind you, there are people on the heavy side that are much healthier than those skinny ones.

you can be PROUD, even if you are fat . whatever size, aim to be healthy inside (normal bp, normal sugar,etc).

Edited by mr. john

being fat lowers people's self esteem

there are people who are fat but they are still proud. they have their own reasons why they are proud. and mind you, there are people on the heavy side that are much healthier than those skinny ones.

you can be PROUD, even if you are fat . whatever size, aim to be healthy inside (normal bp, normal sugar,etc).