Proud To Be Fat?

i'll have to agree with him. i don't think that those who are telling their stories are doing it "purely" because they are "concerned". me halong yabang na rin siguro mga yun, aminin na rin natin. yun ay base sa karamihan lang ng mga nabasa ko dito. lalo na yung mga nagsasabing matataba sila dati at nagtataka sila kung bakit di magawa ng ibang matataba yung nagawa nila. opinyon ko lang po.

I see your point and as I always say, we are all entitled to our own opinions.

However, if you read my post ang sabi ko is ... its not correct to generalize. Ibig sabihin, yeah maybe some of them are nagyayabang as you put it... but not all of them would have that attitude. Unfair din naman na i generalize nating lahat sila ay nagyayabang because we dont know what goes on in their minds anyway.

Napaka negative naman sabihin na pagyayabang lahat ng intention ng mga nag po post na mataba sila dati at pumayat.

Yan naman eh opinyon ko din po.

I was thin... I got "fat" but I prefer chubby...

I was chubby... I lost weight...

I lost weight... I gained it again...

Its just a matter of choice... like everything is...

You are what you chose to be...

I'd rather be "fat" or "thin" because I chose to be one... and not what other people thought that I should be... :thumbsdownsmiley:

So be proud of who you are no matter what you're perceived to be...

Just my 2 cents... :hypocritesmiley:

• 4 months later...

being fat is cute but sometimes fat people would tend to have health conditions limiting what they can do.. ive also read somewhere (i think it was an online article from either mens health/mens fitness/bodybuilding.com) that men with lots of fats stored in their guts tend to produce more estrogen than testosterone. oh well...

• 2 weeks later...

I am 5'7 and ang timbang ko is 199lbs. Yes I am fat and right now I am planning to lose weight. My reason is ayokong mamatay ng maaga or worse ma-stroke and maging burden. Whenever I hear jokes on fat people I try to laugh with them na lang. Sometimes syempre nakakainsulto pero ano magagawa ko mataba naman talaga ako. :)

I am happy for the people who successfully lose weight.

Although gusto ko magpapayat that doesnt mean though na I have something against people who are on the hefty side. I will appreciate people whether ano pa ang shirt sizes nila.

If magkakaroon ako ng partner na mataba...I would remind her na maging healthy pa rin hindi dahil sa I dont find her beautiful, im just concerned about her health.

Tyaka sabi nga nila pagdating sa kama...

If you wanna add more heat lets put a lot of meat!

Goodluck sa lahat ng nagpapayat. Much respect sa mga malalaman!

I hope wala me na-offend.

• 3 weeks later...

I admire this gentlman for being true himself

I am 5'7 and ang timbang ko is 199lbs. Yes I am fat and right now I am planning to lose weight. My reason is ayokong mamatay ng maaga or worse ma-stroke and maging burden. Whenever I hear jokes on fat people I try to laugh with them na lang. Sometimes syempre nakakainsulto pero ano magagawa ko mataba naman talaga ako.  :)

I am happy for the people who successfully lose weight.

Although gusto ko magpapayat that doesnt mean though na I have something against people who are on the hefty side. I will appreciate people whether ano pa ang shirt sizes nila.

If magkakaroon ako ng partner na mataba...I would remind her na maging healthy pa rin hindi dahil sa I dont find her beautiful, im just concerned about her health.

Tyaka sabi nga nila pagdating sa kama...

If you wanna add more heat lets put a lot of meat!

Goodluck sa lahat ng nagpapayat. Much respect sa mga malalaman!

I hope wala me na-offend.

• 2 weeks later...
Why would anyone be proud that they are fat? perhaps proud isnt the right term...maybe they are just contented and happy with what they have at the moment but proud? i don't think so.  Either that or it is a defensive stance for a losing battle.

Its just living life to the fullest m8. Derogatory remarks tend to stir the masses and they tend to chase you with pitch forks just like in Shrek ;) You might have a body but face still matters yan yung sabi ng mga iba - so was that a defensive stance as well? or ur they are just insecure now? ;)

They are proud because they might be blessed to have a lot of real friends, a good family or just how the people in their atmosphere treat them it depends on the circumstance as well as the atmosphere in his life. Different words mean different things to other people. You cant just create a religion all by urself and ask all the people in the world to follow your stance.

I could also safely say that you suck in real life or maybe you look retarded that you just wanna be with the 'in people' by becoming a health buff or a gym rat. It can work both ways in our cases.

But seriously, you should think first before posting. You dont even belong in this thread when you remarks are like that cuz that lowers your level of thinking IMO in front of all the people in this forum who check out the threads here. Its like telling to the whole Philippines that you are one sicko in thinking. You dont want that trust me.

Cheers.

I used to weigh 256 ++ pounds (and I'm only 5'6"), I have no social life, gets ridiculed by people I don't know (specially in public transpos) and most of all got rejected by the people I like (read: dates). So I decided to do something about it, I went on a strict diet, worked out in the gym and started to live a healthy life. I counted my calorie and sugar intakes. Engaged myself in sports like wall climbing,rowing, boxing and swimming. And after nine months I'm 140 lbs (still big for my height) and I feel better about myself, I can choose my dates now. I can make fun of those who ridiculed me. I used to tell them "I'm fat you're ugly... I can diet... " now it's "I'm slimmer now, you're still ugly". But whenever I see someone making fun of people who are on the heavy side, I wanna punch them in the face. They just don't know the emotional trauma they are giving these people. It's so inhumane. On the other hand, I also wanna talk to the people on the heavy side. I wanna inspire them and make them feel good about themselves.

we should be proud of ourselves no matter what..fat or fit, who cares.no difference for me...

i agree :)

ako fat ako pero kahit papaano proud ako kasi atleast maganda ako joke! de kahit pa anung katawan mo dapat maging proud ka basta tao hah kasi isipin mona lang panu kaya kung naging hayop ka? mabuti ng maging mataba basta may katawang tao di katawang hayop diba? tyaka dapat kahit fat ka wag mo kasi idodown sarili mo sabihin mo lang palagi maganda ako/gwapo ako kahit fat ako (kahit di pa totoo) :P basta maging proud dapat lagi aba panalo tayo hah ang sarap kaya nating yakapin nho! eh clang mga buto't balat??? hahahaha alang pikon! :P :cool:

karamihan sa mataba hindi matanggap na mataba cla or sbihing mataba cla they like to hear pipol telling a lie just to make them feel good about themselves

ok lng mging FAT pero mas ok kung slim di ba

1)hindi k mhirapan maghanap ng size ng bibilhin mong damit

2)hindi k mhirapan yumuko pag may inaabot ka sa sahig

3)hindi k mhirapan kumilos ng mbilis kung nagmamadali ka

4)hindi k mhirapan luwagan ang butones ng pants kung nasobrahan k na ng busog sa dmi ng kinain mo

5)masarap ang feeling sumuot ng sexy blouse at lingerie

6)ok ang feeling naglalakad hinahangaan hindi pinag tatawanan

well just a few things na advantage pag hindi ka "S.T." as in super taba :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
But seriously, you should think first before posting. You dont even belong in this thread when you remarks are like that cuz that lowers your level of thinking IMO in front of all the people in this forum who check out the threads here. Its like telling to the whole Philippines that you are one sicko in thinking. You dont want that trust me.

Why? I don't see anything wrong with his post.. to each his own right? I actually agree with him/her.. if you're fat.. di ka dapat proud kse prone ka to sickness.. I think the apt word should be happy and contented lang.. but never proud. You should accept the stigma of being fat.. it is never nice. Makakarinig ka ba ng rave na.. "wow ang taba!" :blink:

Just get real okey? You want your views to be respected.. you should respect the views of others as well. :hypocritesmiley:

blubber butts:

-cause pollution. engines have to work harder in cars, not to mention planes, trains and marine craft, to propel their bulk which causes more smoke emission which causes more pollution.

-contribute to the fuel crisis. engines have to work harder, fuel consumption rises.

-consume more of the world's resources. the amount of food consumed by one fatty would feed two or more normal sized people.

-consume more oxygen and emit more carbon dioxide, and that's just by sitting down! talk about oxygen theft...

-cost the government more each year just on their health probllems. i f.u.c.k.i.n.g. resent my taxes going to pay for some fat arse to be hospitalised because he or she didn't have the willpower to say, "no thanks, i'll skip that second bucket of fried chicken today". i despise the fact that tubbo is now going to live longer, thanks to me and other people like me, and can carry on stuffing their f.u.c.k.i.n.g. gob while doing f.u.c.k. all. and the reason they have no money for private care and have to rely on the public health service is because all their money has gone down their f.u.c.k.i.n.g. throats and out their goddamn arses!

-take up more space in public transport depriving other people of the basic right to sit down without having some snuffling, snorting, sweating oinker pressing up against them and stealing their space. have you ever flown to another country while seated next to a land whale? i have. i lasted two hours, then asked the stewardess to move me to another seat. i would have sat on the f.u.c.k.i.n.g. aisle just to get away from porky.

-cause water loss. it takes more water to shower and scrub all that acreage, and there's no guarantee that they'll do a good job because they can't reach certain parts of their fatnatomy...

-are the cause of the destruction of the rain forest. the forests are cut down to provide grazing for cattle that goes to the fast food industry that goes to feed...

let's get a couple of things straight as well...

-there's no such thing as "big-boned", have you ever seen a fat skeleton?

-"stout" originally meant: having or marked by boldness, bravery, or determination; firm and resolute. strong in body; sturdy. strong in structure or substance; solid or substantial. powerful; forceful. stubborn or uncompromising. somewhere along the way "disgusting fat arse" got added. probably by some cock-sucking, politically correct, brain dead, dope smoking retard...

-"baby fat" is not cute or normal. if your baby is fat then congratulations you f.u.c.k.i.n.g. dipstick, you've just started your kid down the road to major health problems.

but hey, some people enjoy living with varicose veins, hypertension, blocked arteries, constant sweat, collapsed joints, diabetes, skin disease, bowel cancer, sexual dysfunction, gout, high cholesterol, and the very real danger of their hearts suddenly stopping due to fat build-up.

that's cool, as long as they're happy...

i have a really good friend from my college days, and she's quite big. very smart, articulate. through the years of knowing her (8 yrs.), i've noticed that she's gone bigger. in our group, everyone else is built on the medium side, including the girlfriends/wives of my friends. when we're all together, she's the "funny one" of the group, with her crisp wit and humor. quite often, she engages in self-deprecating humor ("i can wear a tangga so they'll leave", etc.). thing is, i've encouraged her to work out, which she did for a month. she tried bangkok pills years ago, to no avail. on weekends, i accompany her to the mall. the thing that surprises me though is that she focuses on "peripherals": going to the parlor to do her nails, having a cellophane, hot oil, going to her modista to have the latest clothes tailor-made, bags and shoes shopping, and the works. somehow, i want to tell her to re-focus her energies on the weight-loss rather than the peripherals, but i don't know how to say it.

1. when we meet up in the mall, i see her from afar wearing her top tucked-in her pants. and it's not a pretty sight. sometimes, i can see other people (girls) looking at her, and whispering thereafter. should i actually suggest to her to ease-up on the tucking-in, or should i tell her other girl friends to suggest to her? or should i let her be?

2. why do some overweight people engage in self-deprecating humor, literally making fun of themselves for a good, group laugh? sometimes, i suspect she cries at home despite all the laughter.

3. this is not to rub salt on whomever, but i really make an effort to go to the gym at least 3x a week, despite a busy schedule, and i try to maintain a healthy diet. my friend will always be my friend, no matter what. but somehow, i see it as a lack of discipline to better herself.

I don't think anyone is proud to be fat. That is a very strong context. Content, possibly, but pride isn't a word I'd use. I've been ultra-skinny and then on the heavy side. When I was chunky and had a moon face, people indeed treated me differently...in a bad or overall negative way. I never got dates, when I'd ask for directions when lost people were not always helpful. When I'm in shape, people go out of their way to help me if I ask for it.

If having to work (much) harder in life via human relations doesn't bother you, then you have a reason to be proud. But overall, life is about finding a balance between work and indulgence. You can have both if you really want it.

I'm not giving a motivational speech...just a perspective from one who has been there. Again, pride in being heavy is fine, as long as you know that you can reverse your size if you encounter a serious health problem. Otherwise, live and let live. For me, if I don't have large people to help lose weight or teach them to keep it off, I'd lose half of my gym members ;)

I've been there. Fat, I mean. And in a big way.

One day, I wisened up, realized I wanted to live longer and began to work out. That was three years ago. I have not stopped since then.

I am not fat anymore. True, I have some flab where I would rather not have them but my fat % is at a very decent level. I can go straight on a cardio workout for up to three hours and come out smiling. I can push my body to do things that, when I was fat, I never even imagined I could do.

Am I proud of myself now? Hell yeah.

Was I proud of myself when I was fat? No. Not really. I was content. I was happy - I had a good job, I had people who loved me and accepted me for who I was, I would still get asked out on dates... But... I couldnt buy off the rack clothes, I couldnt wear shorts or miniskirts, I couldnt even wear flip flops.

But beyond being able to wear what I want, being fit also means I can eat what I want in moderation without fear. It means I can run, jump, skip, hop, walk, dance, box, spin... It also means I know I am reasonably healthy ....

Bottom line though is... its always a choice. YOUR life, YOUR choice. You can choose to be fat, or you can choose to shape up. You can choose to be healthy or you can choose to die early. Ultimately, your choices define who you are and what you will be.

Should you choose the path towards fitness, be sure to do it for YOU. Not for a man, not for a job, not for fame and fortune. For YOU.

Edited by Wyld