Proud To Be Fat?

You may want to backread ... Google's post .....

ako din obeseanu ba magandang motivataion para saakin....minsan kase pagpagod na sa worktamad na maggym eh... minsan kase mga gym traineres sila pa mismo nagsasabi na mag take ng fat burners para pumayat....

QUOTE (Google @ Feb 16 2005, 11:41 AM) *

i am not fat.... so i am not telling this to defend myself.

but imho, may mga taong pinanganak talagang mataba. and to tell you what i feel about it, wala... what is important is maski mataba ka is you are fit to do what you are supposed to do, yung mga activities mo and as such.... ngayon, kung nakakaistorbo na yan sa daily routine mo and that you feel you cannot do the things you are supposed to do because your weight hinders you, then it is up to you to do what is best to remedy it... pwede kang mag gym, pwede kang mag pa lipo, etc.

and of course, if your health calls for it, then you have to do something about it.

let me tell you my story.... (medyo related eh...)

i'm 5'8", used to play college department basketball (eng'g - UST) as point guard. i used to weigh 150 pounds when i was in college. used to have a 30" waistline.

nung nag trabaho, weight ballooned to 245 pounds, dahil sa sobrang stress sa work, wala na akong ginawa kundi uminom ng beer, kumain ng kanin (used to average 3 cups of rice/meal), uminom ng coke, maupo sa table and matulog paguwi ng bahay. BP even rose to an average of 150/100 (which i think is borderline for hypertensive). resting heart rate is 130 bpm. waistline is 42". lived that kind of live for almost three years, until......

sa annual physical checkup sa office, nagulat yung doktor sa results ng exam ko, considering i'm 28 years old then. yung isang ka jamming ko dito sa office, na mild stroke na, and he was only 32. tapos ame yung lifestyle namin. yung company doctor told me na if i really don't change my lifestyle immediately, i will be dead by age 34.

syempre, natakot ako, considering i have a 2 year old son. and what i did was history.... hehehehe. after doing extreme cardio exercises, and eating just green salads and fruits for almost a month, weight fell down to 200 pounds, waistline shrunk to 38". took hydroxycut for a month, and eating sensibly (normal, but controlled food), weight feel down to 180 pounds... but bulked up by lifting weights so weight, climbed to 185 lbs. waistline fell to 36".

that came within two years of religously working out and eating sensibly.

ngayon, i''m on my cutting stage (dahil i feel, i am a little bit too bulked up), i weigh 176 pounds, waistline is 34.5" . resting heart rate is 80 bpm, and normal BP is 110/70. i feel good about myself and my health is ok.

all in all, after three years, weight fell by 69 pounds, waistline fell by 8 inches.

moral of the story: if you have the discipline to do it, then you see results. if you are driven to do it, then do it and if your health calls for it, then you have to do it....

disadvantage: ang gastos sa wardrobe.... hehehe, but that is another story and concern.

and oh, i forgot... hindi important and size mo....ang importante kung pano mo sya dalahin tsaka yung ugali mo....

macho ka nga, sama naman ng ugali mo, ganun din. hehehehehe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

not all fat are unhealthy...may iba nga kahit payat dami sakit na dumadapo eh.. even if you\'re fat, you have to make sure na involve ka pa din sa sports and yung kain..wag naman lamon..may mga tao kasi talagang tabain....and even if you\'re fat, you can hook up a lot of chiki babes..daanin na lang sa pagdadala ng damit and sense of humor.. :-)

• Downvote 1
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

let me share my story tongue.gif

I used to be so fat, never been proud even random person praises me and still i accept that as a sarcasm. i remember my highschool days when i weigh 250lbs (my heaviest) and i stand 5'7".. it might look OK because i'm not that bilbilin type. but, to tell you.. i never been happy,proud and contented during that time coz i need to buy clothes pa from men's wear! imagine, sales ladies will refer me to try MENS clothing! it would be fine if they will refer me to "pang gurang" like x-quisite hahaha kaso talagang sa men's ako tinuturo!( unfortunate me, hindi pa kasi uso ang mga plus size dati) and also, when it comes to shoes.. i must wear a men's shoes or get a size from the US pa so i could wear a comfortable one. as i remember the feeling.. it is so depressive. sad.gif even my classmates will bully me coz i'm the biggest girl in our batch that time. soooooooooo.. after graduation.. i felt i needed a change.

why? first: i don't feel good, i feel heavy, i feel ugly, i have low self-esteem (even my friends and mom and some known person cheers me up!) felt so isolated, i stay away from good looking persons and soooo depressive. so, 1st yr college was hard time for me, it's really hard to avoid your usual amount of food to eat per day. that means, i failed on my 1st attempt to lose weight. until 2nd yr. to 4th yr. when i finally decided to pursue " A NEED TO CHANGE" , luckily ,it went better and really made me happy., it really changed me, my outlook in life and my personality became "POSITIVE".

actually, i love the feeling of loosing weight kesa nung pumasa ako ng board exam! hahahah i feel exhausted that time kasi.

from 250lbs to 150 lbs is a big goal for me. haaaaaaaay..blush.gif can't be so skinny kasi big boned ako talaga (excuses ng matataba like metongue.gif)..kaya i'm malaman and curvy.cool.gif

motivation, diet, and exercise talaga is the answer. plus na lang yung mga diet pills. if you're from a very large frame like me.. it's a must talaga yung exercise para mag firm yung skin kahit papano. kasi panget pag lawlaw eh. yun nga lang mejo umitim ako ng konti..kasi from banat na banat tas naging hindi banat hahah kaya ayun.

AND! the funny part is i attended our batch reunion and no one recognized me (except for my barkadas) 'til they get SHOCKED when they ask my whole name. yung iba gusto pa manligaw YACK!tongue.gif at the back of my mind..i'm saying "fcuk y0u!"

anyway, if you're in a large frame and really feels good about your self.. that's GOOD for you at least you have no body issues..unlike me before! wink.gif

keep it up and stay happy, be proud of your self. sometimes, it's not the body that makes you sexy and amazing. it's your confidence and personality. wink.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Try niyo tumakbo kung tamad kayo mag gym, hanap kayo kabarkada na desidio rin,bili kayo ng mahal na apparel para mapilitan kayo gamitin, tapos tanggal kanin, taba,asin at asukal sa kinakain, putcha shoot yan.

Every sunday UP lang katapat niyan mga 3 ikot muna then gradually increase.

Edited by paulwalking
  • Like (+1) 1
  • 3 months later...

Indeed it is a doable thing at disiplina ang kailangan

For fat people..discipline is the key..I lost 40 lbs in 3 months last year and I still have a long way to go..I need another 40 to reach my ideal weight

by the way I am over 30 pounds overweight so i know my health problems, but I do strive to lose weight, exercise and eat the DASH diet whenever possible.

===

You must be fat and delusional at the same time .... or you are a fit blasphemous person

If a guy has a good sense of humor, can wear nice clothes and moneyed and he is fit then he is better .... isnt he ?

backread ... and as the gentleman above mentioned about health problems ... he really means it so he strives

not all fat are unhealthy...may iba nga kahit payat dami sakit na dumadapo eh.. even if you\'re fat, you have to make sure na involve ka pa din sa sports and yung kain..wag naman lamon..may mga tao kasi talagang tabain....and even if you\'re fat, you can hook up a lot of chiki babes..daanin na lang sa pagdadala ng damit and sense of humor.. :-)

Edited by lomex32
  • 3 months later...

Kung talagang nahihirapan, maglakad lang muna, kahit one or two kilometers a day. Pagdating ng weekend, go for three or four kms. Then the week after, medyo bilisan mo ang lakad, covering the same 1-2 km distance. It helps if you have an MP3 playing music that you can use to pace your steps. And then next weekend, do the same thing for the 3-4 km. In a month's time, you will notice your strides becoming quicker, your breathing easier, and you feel lighter. If you miss a day, don't feel guilty. Just pick up from where you left off and keep on going. Since you did not take on those excess pounds overnight, be realistic and accept that no "magic pill" will help you become fit and trim in a short time. It's more of a marathon than a 100-meter dash. Discipline, consistency and diet. You'll be healthier, you get to save more money (because you don't have to see the doctor or take medications too often), and enjoy life longer.

P.S. Nagpabaya din ako to the point that climbing up two floors was an effort. Pero ngayon, I can run for a minimum of one hour (although I still have a lot of pounds to shed off before I reach my ideal weight). Lakad muna. And then after three months, try joining a walkathon or get a friend to walk with you and go for 10 kms.

Edited by cuatro_ojos
  • Like (+1) 2

More power to you cuatro_ojos and to those who do not give up ....

It is OK to eat ... eat anything ... and burn those calories

P.S. Nagpabaya din ako to the point that climbing up two floors was an effort. Pero ngayon, I can run for a minimum of one hour (although I still have a lot of pounds to shed off before I reach my ideal weight). Lakad muna. And then after three months, try joining a walkathon or get a friend to walk with you and go for 10 kms.

isang magandang paraan at effective (para sakin) para pilitin ang sariling umiwas sa pagkain na hindi healthy, bago mo kainin un isang pagkain tanong mo muna sa sarili mo; "Kailangan ba ng katawan ko to, o gusto ko lang?"

Pero syempre okay lang na bumigay paminsan minsan sa mga cravings, pero mas maganda kung gagawin nyong parang LUXURY ang CRAVINGS lalo pag hindi sya healthy, kahit once a week mag lagay kayo ng CHEAT DAY, at baka maulol ka pag d mo pinag bigyan sarili mo haha.

At wag mag madali, hindi ka tumaba ng ganyan overnight kaya hindi mo rin matutunaw yan overnight. Just be consistent sa workout at diet. PEACE!

SOURCE: FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE

• Like (+1) 1

isang magandang paraan at effective (para sakin) para pilitin ang sariling umiwas sa pagkain na hindi healthy, bago mo kainin un isang pagkain tanong mo muna sa sarili mo; "Kailangan ba ng katawan ko to, o gusto ko lang?"

Pero syempre okay lang na bumigay paminsan minsan sa mga cravings, pero mas maganda kung gagawin nyong parang LUXURY ang CRAVINGS lalo pag hindi sya healthy, kahit once a week mag lagay kayo ng CHEAT DAY, at baka maulol ka pag d mo pinag bigyan sarili mo haha.

At wag mag madali, hindi ka tumaba ng ganyan overnight kaya hindi mo rin matutunaw yan overnight. Just be consistent sa workout at diet. PEACE!

HOORAHH!!! ^_^

Kudos to this

Ganito din ang style ng batchmate ko now na policeman .....

now fit na sya .... kahit inuman kami Salad ang pulutan na inoorder nya

akala ko kaartehan lang but during subsequent parties and outings namin puro healthy veggies ang kinakain nya as in nag-babaon sya (akala ko sahog sa lulututin)

it really paid him a lot ... mas mukhang fat-body policeman ung iba namin batchmates

yes isinama nya sa lifestyle nya ang "eat healthy"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Someone who will say this is likely born fat and grew up fat .....

and likely he/she has never experienced being SLIM and get admired accordingly ....

... never experienced the choices he/she can make of being FIT and SLIM

as long as you are happy and content with your current body, may it be fat,.....

Someone who will say this is likely born fat and grew up fat .....

and likely he/she has never experienced being SLIM and get admired accordingly ....

... never experienced the choices he/she can make of being FIT and SLIM

bro,

am turning 42 this april....am 5'6 and at 140lbs so i guess am pretty ok for my age and ht....and no i have never been fat or even close to being chubby my entire life....i do have my vices but i still run 5k 6x a week.

what i posted before this is just my comment, that as long as a person is happy inside for me that is what matters...if he/she is fat "physically" that is his or her problem that is why i also mentioned having oneself medically checked at least 1x a year.;)

bro

so why confuse the sheeyt that being fat is OK? it is not.

i do not know what your reason for doing your activities but definitely and I am sure that you will not like your body become a tub of lard or even close to it. Right?

So why comment in behalf of fat people that it does not matter?

Fat people have the same right to do what you and I can. They simply need the right mind, motivation, time and resources to shape up.

It is like telling people that it is OK not to finish school and just be happy while you have a law degree in Harvard.

bro,

am turning 42 this april....am 5'6 and at 140lbs so i guess am pretty ok for my age and ht....and no i have never been fat or even close to being chubby my entire life....i do have my vices but i still run 5k 6x a week.

what i posted before this is just my comment, that as long as a person is happy inside for me that is what matters...if he/she is fat "physically" that is his or her problem that is why i also mentioned having oneself medically checked at least 1x a year.;)

Edited by lomex32

bro

so why confuse the sheeyt that being fat is OK? it is not.

i do not know what your reason for doing your activities but definitely and I am sure that you will not like your body become a tub of lard or even close to it. Right?

So why comment in behalf of fat people that it does not matter?

Fat people have the same right to do what you and I can. They simply need the right mind, motivation, time and resources to shape up.

It is like telling people that it is OK not to finish school and just be happy while you have a law degree in Harvard.

ayus.... ;)

Edited by Mild Seven
  • 2 months later...