Singapore Travel - Hidden Secrets

mga p're,

go down on al-junieb station (EW 9 yata yun) then exit to your LEFT.

once out of the station, you traverse a pedestrian pathway that ends to the road PARALLEL to the train tracks. cross it, the head RIGHT towards the corner (approx. 20 meters) to cross the road again that's PERPENDICULAR to the tracks.

head LEFT after crossing (you are now walking to the direction of Geylang 20, I think it means Alley 20). no more than 5 establishments on your right side are 2 massage places side by side.

the first one has a sign with blue letters on a white field (or maybe baliktad, sorry for the unprecision). in there you'd find a chinese masseuse, speaks very little english but looks like a cross between heart evangelista and rica peralejo, only prettier.

no wonder when i asked how much she makes, 'twas almost twice i do as an airline pilot in the phils!

but being a pinoy to haggling born, i was able to engage her services for only PHP1,800 INCLUDING a very happy ending.

• 2 weeks later...

hi! im going to sg to fetch my mom-in-law and have a 1 day tour before flying back to manila. can i visit sentosa, the zoo and the shopping areas mentioned here given 1 whole day? its also my first time. hope i can squeeze in all using only a taxi for a ride. can anyone give me an itinerary and how much USD i should prepare? thanks lots lots!

hi! im going to sg to fetch my mom-in-law and have a 1 day tour before flying back to manila. can i visit sentosa, the zoo and the shopping areas mentioned here given 1 whole day? its also my first time. hope i can squeeze in all using only a taxi for a ride. can anyone give me an itinerary and how much USD i should prepare? thanks lots lots!

bring in around usd300. pero d kasama accomodation mo ha. you should have a place to stay to.

• 4 weeks later...

i think 1 day will not be enough to visit the palces you want. probably 2-3 days,sobrang pagod ka na nun. you can prepare around 200-300 dollars siguro (max).enjoy your visit.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! Need help:

I was planning everything for me and my GF's 1st yr anniv tour in HK on the 1st week of Dec. However due to unavoidable circumstances, we would have to go to Singapore instead on a much earlier date (3rd week of Nov).

My problem is: My mind was all set for HK now I have to settle for SG. What's in store there vs. HK's Ocean Park, Disneyland, Wonders of the world???

Mas mura airfare (Tiger Airways) pero mura din ba Hotels? Can anyone suggest a good hotel to stay???

5-Stars will easily cost you a lot $ 200 up

Ehto

HOTEL 81 - $ 60

Aliwal Hotel - S$ 50

advise naman on affordable decent hotels in SING...

salamat in advance

Hey guys! Need help:

I was planning everything for me and my GF's 1st yr anniv tour in HK on the 1st week of Dec. However due to unavoidable circumstances, we would have to go to Singapore instead on a much earlier date (3rd week of Nov).

My problem is: My mind was all set for HK now I have to settle for SG. What's in store there vs. HK's Ocean Park, Disneyland, Wonders of the world???

Mas mura airfare (Tiger Airways) pero mura din ba Hotels? Can anyone suggest a good hotel to stay???

Are rates on a per night basis? Planning to stay for 3 nights kasi eh. 3 star ba to bro? Anniv kasi namin ng GF ko eh.

Reading and listing all posts here. Mukhang mas maganda kung plane ticket na lang bilhin ko and just tour the place ourselves rather than getting those packages, am I right?

Much will I spend on entrance fees at the Zoo?

Thanks!!!!!

Edited by dj_flip03
Are rates on a per night basis? Planning to stay for 3 nights kasi eh. 3 star ba to bro? Anniv kasi namin ng GF ko eh.

Reading and listing all posts here. Mukhang mas maganda kung plane ticket na lang bilhin ko and just tour the place ourselves rather than getting those packages, am I right?

Much will I spend on entrance fees at the Zoo?

Thanks!!!!!

mas ideal yung Hotel81 kse para cyang anito...almost anywer meron. kung overnight stay its roughly around 40sgd...kung 3hrs lng, 30sgd.

singapore zoo wud cost you 15sgd... punta din kau sentosa island mas maganda. merong underwater world, cable cars, beach etc. lhat n feature scene sa sentosa medyo layo layo ng lugar kaya u need to take the service bus na dumadaan around the vicinity. syempre lhat ng features meron bayad.

if you want to take pictures together sa merlion statue...go ka sa clark quay...sobrang dami ding resto and bars.

if you want to take a boat ride...go to boat quay...halos walking distance lng cya sa clark quay. 16sgd per head.

kung trip nyo mag ala bunji jumping...sa clark quay din yun...30 sgd per head

kung type nyo mag swimming ala splash island..go to wild wild wet. ganda dun pramis...30-35 sgd per head.

kung type nyo kumain ng pinoy food...go to lucky plaza kabayan resto..3rd floor

ganda din take pictures sa esplanade...yun yung ala araneta coliseum d2 saten. pro ganda nung structure kse durian inspired yung structure nun...

meron din silang night safari

if you wish to shop...go to bugis mall...

mahal ang taxi. mas exciting ma experience ang mrt nla... mas mura kapag mag bu bus ka...you have to buy easy link card sa mrt mismo...10sgd lng.

sana nkatulong ako hihihi

mas ideal yung Hotel81 kse para cyang anito...almost anywer meron. kung overnight stay its roughly around 40sgd...kung 3hrs lng, 30sgd.

singapore zoo wud cost you 15sgd... punta din kau sentosa island mas maganda. merong underwater world, cable cars, beach etc. lhat n feature scene sa sentosa medyo layo layo ng lugar kaya u need to take the service bus na dumadaan around the vicinity. syempre lhat ng features meron bayad.

if you want to take pictures together sa merlion statue...go ka sa clark quay...sobrang dami ding resto and bars.

if you want to take a boat ride...go to boat quay...halos walking distance lng cya sa clark quay. 16sgd per head.

kung type nyo mag swimming ala splash island..go to wild wild wet. ganda dun pramis...30-35 sgd per head.

ganda din take pictures sa esplanade...yun yung ala araneta coliseum d2 saten. pro ganda nung structure kse durian inspired yung structure nun...

mahal ang taxi. mas exciting ma experience ang mrt nla... mas mura kapag mag bu bus ka...you have to buy easy link card sa mrt mismo...10sgd lng.

Thanks for the info!

However, I kinda prefer yung tipong hotel talaga hindi yung parang anito? Gusto ko sana yung parang CityGarden or something like that.

• 1 month later...

nakatulong ka ng madami , kasi naka book ako sa dec.22 -27 for singapore , puntahan ko lahat yan at least alam ko budget ko , paid na kasi pati hotel namin . tnks donna

• 1 month later...

Be careful to those FREE LANCERS they are considered illegal

Houses with LIGHTED NUMBERS are cat houses

mga p're,

go down on al-junieb station (EW 9 yata yun) then exit to your LEFT.

once out of the station, you traverse a pedestrian pathway that ends to the road PARALLEL to the train tracks. cross it, the head RIGHT towards the corner (approx. 20 meters) to cross the road again that's PERPENDICULAR to the tracks.

head LEFT after crossing (you are now walking to the direction of Geylang 20, I think it means Alley 20). no more than 5 establishments on your right side are 2 massage places side by side.

the first one has a sign with blue letters on a white field (or maybe baliktad, sorry for the unprecision). in there you'd find a chinese masseuse, speaks very little english but looks like a cross between heart evangelista and rica peralejo, only prettier.

no wonder when i asked how much she makes, 'twas almost twice i do as an airline pilot in the phils!

but being a pinoy to haggling born, i was able to engage her services for only PHP1,800 INCLUDING a very happy ending.

You can indeed find cheap stuff in Mustafa Shopping Center, when you come in with a bag they will tie it up a plastic tie .....SOP lang nila yun.....

Be wary of pickpockets though

I loved the Mustafa Shopping center in Little India - open for 24 hours, imagine! we went there at past 12 midnight and went home at around 3 a.m...
  • 3 weeks later...

briggs ice,

Fresh from SG here. pwede walk-in sa hotel 81 and fragrance. gusto mo dun ka sa may geylang... fragrance hotel-ruby... from what i can remember SGD 46 sya. pro if you have someone who is a girl with you, wag ka pumunta dun... redlight district yun e. but if u r "lonely" and looking for an "adventure" then pwede na dun.

the reason why iba-iba ang price ng hotels is because depende kasi sa location... the more accessible the hotel is (MRT or bus stop) and the nearer it is to the commercial centers (shopping malls, business districts, etc), the more higher the cost (from what i think). kung di ka gano nagmamadali sa itinerary mo dun, just do the Singaporeans' way of commuting, i.e. bus and MRT... otherwise, take taxi instead.

dont forget to go to the hawker centers to have your meal. ENJOY!

Someone told me, "It is impossible to get loss in Singapore!" And I have personally proven it.

Edited by ^BaRoK^
briggs ice,

Fresh from SG here. pwede walk-in sa hotel 81 and fragrance. gusto mo dun ka sa may geylang... fragrance hotel-ruby... from what i can remember SGD 46 sya. pro if you have someone who is a girl with you, wag ka pumunta dun... redlight district yun e. but if u r "lonely" and looking for an "adventure" then pwede na dun.

the reason why iba-iba ang price ng hotels is because depende kasi sa location... the more accessible the hotel is (MRT or bus stop) and the nearer it is to the commercial centers (shopping malls, business districts, etc), the more higher the cost (from what i think). kung di ka gano nagmamadali sa itinerary mo dun, just do the Singaporeans' way of commuting, i.e. bus and MRT... otherwise, take taxi instead.

dont forget to go to the hawker centers to have your meal. ENJOY!

Someone told me, "It is impossible to get loss in Singapore!" And I have personally proven it.

thanks so much bro! :cool:

im with my gf. :blush:

this is my 2nd time in singapore, yung 1st ko i live in my cousins place. :P

hindi ba mahirap walk-in ngayon kasi new year? :(

thanks so much for your help. :D

any more cheap hotels aside from Geylang area. :cry:

ay o nga pala...

it's the holiday season pala... i'm not sure of the rate... but 1 thing i'm sure of, the hotel rates would shoot up.

if you will be near the center of singapore, it would definitely be more expensive. now if you are with ur GF, for sure you would like to go to the more decent one. I suggest don't stay anywhere near Geylang area...

• 2 weeks later...