Singapore Travel - Hidden Secrets

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with Cebu Pacific is the red-eye schedule. If you don't mind going to Clark, then Tiger is pretty good. No hassle- no lines at Clark. Budget terminal in Singapore is located next door to the main terminal and gates are only a short walk away from curbside.

may naka try na ng tiger airways? oks ba?

ok lang tiger, but f willing ka punta ng clark o baka malapit ka dun at budgeted ka. pero last option mo jetstar f medyo malaki kang tao kasi masikip sobra jetstar. parang military sit ang sitwasyon mo dun. dat is wat i expirience from the 2. pero kung konti lang ang difference sa pal e pal ka na.

For those looking for a decent, clean and cheap hotel I recently stayed in the Park View on Beach Rd.

Reasonable rates and close to food outlets and other attractions.

Ochard Towers is a mall during the daytime and has bars open at night - lots of ladies from all over Asia but as pointed out watch out for the men...hahahaha

• 5 weeks later...
Guest lustfortravel

^ along Orchard Road near end of Tanglin Road, just past the Royal Thai Embassy. Now why would you want to go to a place like that? :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

If you're going to Singapore this JULY, I suggest you visit SENTOSA. For shopping (sale season) try the Orchard road and Bugis for electronics.

If you're going around town, it's cheaper to ride the bus than the train or taxi. Just ask locals or filipino residing there for the right bus no. so that you won't get lost in the city.

.......orchard road is really great...and depending on your budget, you are sure to find what you need! theres an awesome mall beside the hyatt, dang, i forgot the name, but its about 5 floors of cool fashion finds that are affordable! for tianggee style, try lucky plaza, but not on a sunday, too many people!

isetan has a great foodcourt, just take the escalator from the street, medyo nakakalula ha!

for mid range to high shopping, check out ngee ann city, huge mall, good stuff, mahal nga lang

i love dinner at NO SIGNBOARD, at esplanade, yummy! but make reservations ha!

clark quay and boat quay is where to go at night, alcohol is expensive as hell but the clubs are way cool, ministry of sound is there, and a relatively new one called CLINIC...wow on design

late at night, there is a strip where they serve the yummiest chicken rice, sa sidewalk lang...just ask the cab drivers, they know where it is....

and for late night, 24 hour shopping, go to little india, there is a huuuugggeee store there which has everything every manufactured on the planet!

All all Mtc buddies, I am a local singaporean but have lived in Manila for the past 4 years. From my point of view, the best local food and cheapest is neither in Orchard, Tanglin...etc it is usually in the neighcourhood mall such as Tampines Mall, Northpoint, West Mall... all this are situated at the outskirt of Singapore...

Train ride from Orchard to any of this places are very very accessible. In Singapore, most of the neighbourhood malls are located right at the doorstep of MRT (Mass Rapid Transit), parang LRT and MRT in Manila. And the fare is around $2-$3 each ride.

As for chicken rice, try out Boon Tiong Kee at Balestier road or any other branch, best chicken rice in town. Local delicacy are located in the neighbourhood area too. Its call the coffee shop or hawker centre.

For those who needs more info on Singapore travel, you can drop me an email at mkluv2mi@yahoo.com.sg

Have fun

my hit

Best Pao - Tiong Bahru

Best Prawn mee - Clementi Fried Prawn Mee

Best Ba Kut Teh - Near Tan Tok Seng hospital

Fancy Indian food - Kohmalas

Real indian food - Apolo Banana Leaf or Muth Curry

Be sure to try OLD CHANG KEE Sotong Balls (Squid Balls)

All all Mtc buddies, I am a local singaporean but have lived in Manila for the past 4 years. From my point of view, the best local food and cheapest is neither in Orchard, Tanglin...etc it is usually in the neighcourhood mall such as Tampines Mall, Northpoint, West Mall... all this are situated at the outskirt of Singapore...

Train ride from Orchard to any of this places are very very accessible. In Singapore, most of the neighbourhood malls are located right at the doorstep of MRT (Mass Rapid Transit), parang LRT and MRT in Manila. And the fare is around $2-$3 each ride.

As for chicken rice, try out Boon Tiong Kee at Balestier road or any other branch, best chicken rice in town. Local delicacy are located in the neighbourhood area too. Its call the coffee shop or hawker centre.

For those who needs more info on Singapore travel, you can drop me an email at mkluv2mi@yahoo.com.sg

Have fun

try nyo rin Hooters, near Clarke Quay. some of the waitress/girls though wear push-up bras to

maintain the Hooters girl image. :thumbsupsmiley: went there on my last visit to Sing, their

spicy chicken wings were good.

I've been to a number of Hooters outlets in the U.S. and Costa Rica. The waitresses here are, sad to say, below par. But the chicken wings really are good!!! The taste has been kinda consistent wherever I went.