Singapore Travel - Hidden Secrets

KATONG LAKSA

Curry Puff by OLD CHANG KEE

Spent 7 years in Singapore. All I can say is that, you need to try Curry Puff and Shrimp Noodles and Laksa in KATONG! :D

How about the walang-kamatayang ROAST-PORK RICE (Shurow Fan)

chicken rice (JI-FAN) is everywhere!!!!!

Try the Fried Prawn Mee in Clementi .... prepare to wait ...

THE BEST IS HOKKIEN MEE AND ROAST DUCK RICE SIBEH SO NICE AND FRAGANT DIE LIKE NO MOTHER COZ SO YUMMY!
  • 2 weeks later...

If it with international warranty, then it is covered in the Philippines.

If it comes with shop warranty, which is normally cheaper, the warranty is only honored at that particular shop.

I had used my old Philippine bought cellphone at Singapore using their sim with no problems. I think the GSM system at Singapore is the same as ours.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to singapore last week for a brief (3days/3nights) RnR... Our group of 4 stayed in a backpackers' hostel named "Tresor Tavern" address 243 along Jalan Besar road, just before kitchener road & jalan besar plaza and a short walk away from mustafa.. Five months in operation pa lang ito, majority-owned by Filipinos (siblings Karen & Walter Sumang with some malaysians and singaporeans)..they charged S$28/head/day.. Primarily a bed-&-breakfast hostel, each room has 12 double-decked beds (each bed with its own nightlight and locker) and AC.. 4 shower rooms per floor.. and an elevator so hindi hirap pagdating sa bagahe..

What I like about the place aside from being clean, secure & cheap was that the staff (the siblings, the househelp, and the alternate receptionist) were pinoys..they were very considerate..bigay sila ng isang room para samin pero hindi na sila nagdagdag pa ng ibang travelers/tourists dun so basically apat kaming solo ang 12 double-decked bed room (pupunuin muna nila yung ibang kwarto)..plus we get to meet other foreign backpackers as well come breakfast time (shet amputi ng mga briton chicks! pero mas approachable mga checz at ibang europeans; yung mga haponesa naman mabababaw, ang daling patawanin, hehehe)..

Nga pala, balak namin bumalik uli last week ng September pero sabi nina Walter fully-booked sila (karamihan na naman mga noypi din) because of the Grand Prix..try daw namin balik October, they're planning ata to slash their rates for the first half of that month..

peace!

eto pala online reserve nila (pero pede pa rin walk-in like what we did): www.tresortavern.com

Edited by Fusarium_jimini
Went to singapore last week for a brief (3days/3nights) RnR... Our group of 4 stayed in a backpackers' hostel named "Tresor Tavern" address 243 along Jalan Besar road, just before kitchener road & jalan besar plaza and a short walk away from mustafa.. Five months in operation pa lang ito, majority-owned by Filipinos (siblings Karen & Walter Sumang with some malaysians and singaporeans)..they charged S$28/head/day.. Primarily a bed-&-breakfast hostel, each room has 12 double-decked beds (each bed with its own nightlight and locker) and AC.. 4 shower rooms per floor.. and an elevator so hindi hirap pagdating sa bagahe..

What I like about the place aside from being clean, secure & cheap was that the staff (the siblings, the househelp, and the alternate receptionist) were pinoys..they were very considerate..bigay sila ng isang room para samin pero hindi na sila nagdagdag pa ng ibang travelers/tourists dun so basically apat kaming solo ang 12 double-decked bed room (pupunuin muna nila yung ibang kwarto)..plus we get to meet other foreign backpackers as well come breakfast time (shet amputi ng mga briton chicks! pero mas approachable mga checz at ibang europeans; yung mga haponesa naman mabababaw, ang daling patawanin, hehehe)..

Nga pala, balak namin bumalik uli last week ng September pero sabi nina Walter fully-booked sila (karamihan na naman mga noypi din) because of the Grand Prix..try daw namin balik October, they're planning ata to slash their rates for the first half of that month..

peace!

eto pala online reserve nila (pero pede pa rin walk-in like what we did): www.tresortavern.com

Great recommendation

i will be visiting Singapore at the first week of October just right after the F1 Race. when the Singapore Motor show is still open.

My first choice Hostel was supposed to be the new 7th story hotel but they are fully booked during the days i will be there and am looking for other clean, hostels which are near the MRT. I will definitely check out tresor tavern online if they have vacancies.

BTW, how far is Tresor tavern from the MRT? it seems a little bit farther than i expected in the Map i saw?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I like the chili and pepper crab in Newton's hawker market. They are big as above one kilo and very fresh. While savoring crab, also try the barbeque Stingray.

Yummy! Amen to this one :thumbsupsmiley:

Makes you wanna visit SG all the time...or have the stuff hand carried here in the PI :rolleyes:

Edited by titing_galit

i just came back from Singapore. i frequent Singapore, for one my family is already based there. I usually roam around just by myself, im not afraid that i'll get lost because the transport system is easy to navigate, humanap ka lang ng mrt station ok na. last saturday i plan to buy some gadgets so the best place would be Sim Lim Square. from little India, nilakad ko nlang to Sim Lim, on my way may mga nadaanan akong Thai Massage establishments, at first hindi ko pinapansin then nkakita ako ng Voluptuous Malay looking babe, she gave me a sweet smile then entered the establishment. being a dick i am went there also and found out that she's MPA there, so without further a do, i avail of her refreshing thai massage. Its one of the best massage plus ES i got next to my experience in Macau. Thai massage is SGD25. i gave the girl SGD25 also. not bad for an afternoon delight.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
san sa SG mura ang gadgets? compared sa prices dito sa atin, alin ang mas mababa?

planning to visit singapore this coming feb eh. saan ba mas sulit bumili, price wise?

nga pala, i'm also interested with thrill rides, ano bang malupet dito? thanks!!!

Try Sim Lim Square and Funan. We went there last December tapos sa Geylang kami nagpabook ng hotel. Ok ang view doon lots of girls sa side walk. :D

• 2 months later...

Dont have much experience in SIm Lim tower except if we really need to buy electronic stuff for our lab experiments. But i heard a lot story that some of the shops are freaking really rude and will trick you to death.......... to all filipino specially the tourist, please shop with care :)..

Funan should be a good place to shop and i think the price is comparable to Sim Lim....

Hope it helps :thumbsupsmiley:

• 4 weeks later...
Dont have much experience in SIm Lim tower except if we really need to buy electronic stuff for our lab experiments. But i heard a lot story that some of the shops are freaking really rude and will trick you to death.......... to all filipino specially the tourist, please shop with care :)..

Funan should be a good place to shop and i think the price is comparable to Sim Lim....

Hope it helps :thumbsupsmiley:

Most Chinese Singaporeans are Cantonese, they have the hard working characteristics of Ilocanos, they seem to be impatient because they are in a hurry to to finish their work, that's why they appear rude, for them, time is gold.