Singapore Travel - Hidden Secrets

I will be flying to Singapore Next week.

What are the MUST see attractions and MUST DO activities there?

Thanks

:mtc:

u can go to sentosa but expensive, can visit the zoo, go to the merlion at esplanade, wild wild wet at pasir ris have some food theres a lot of good stuff. now u can also back read there are some fr here about it. or once u arrived at the airport theres some brochures you can get that might fit your activity. theres few places to go to here actually. enjoy. :thumbsupsmiley:

wet wet wild is great. just a 100 bucks more expensive than our own 8 waves and much much better. if you have kids, they'll enjoy sentosa aquarium and the zoo (kahit hindi night safari). they might also like the lights show in fountain of wealth. was lucky enough to bring my daughter and watch disney magic show at the indoor stadium. but singapore is a shopping haven. they have lots of malls, just check out which ones are having a sale then compare prices (1 sing dollar = 30 pesos). its illegal to sell fake products there so rest assured that youre getting the real thing. and it's not true that the lowest prices are in lucky plaza. a chinese optical shop owner was trying to fool me into buying a wayfarer for 6k. i actually saw the same sunglasses at SM selling for 4.5k. enjoy and keep track of your spending. money flies out the window if youre not careful. :)

u can go to sentosa but expensive, can visit the zoo, go to the merlion at esplanade, wild wild wet at pasir ris have some food theres a lot of good stuff. now u can also back read there are some fr here about it. or once u arrived at the airport theres some brochures you can get that might fit your activity. theres few places to go to here actually. enjoy. :thumbsupsmiley:

Thanks for the Tip.

I will make sure to go to Sentosa.

:cool:

foods you need to try is the Chili Crabs which can be found in any street resto in Singapore Chinatown

attractions a-must-see are Jurong Bird Park accessible via taxi. Try Ben And Jerry's ice cream inside Jurong Bird Park. Penguins are fun to watch. Ride the Safari tram and you'll see animals roaming around the area. bird shows are a delight to watch.

don't miss the dancing fountain in sentosa and the oceanarium

there are two Merlions in Singapore....the iconic Merlion found in the city and the other one complete with lights coming from the eyes and mouth found inside sentosa

I frequented Singapore the past couple of years because of work and I found it boring. I went there for a vacation in order to experience it fully. I went home wanting. If you are like me who love to see the many parts of the world for culture and experience, Singapore is best seen twice. Any more than that will be a dull trip. If its shopping, Singapore is a cheaper alternative to Paris, New York and London. But they still don't have the best. If you want beaches, go somewhere else. Even our country has better sights than Singapore. The only wow thing here that we don't have in the Philippines is the traffic discipline. And the cleaner air. But you have that in other more beautiful countries. Other than that, I don't find Singapore all too appealing. But that's me.

I frequented Singapore the past couple of years because of work and I found it boring. I went there for a vacation in order to experience it fully. I went home wanting. If you are like me who love to see the many parts of the world for culture and experience, Singapore is best seen twice. Any more than that will be a dull trip. If its shopping, Singapore is a cheaper alternative to Paris, New York and London. But they still don't have the best. If you want beaches, go somewhere else. Even our country has better sights than Singapore. The only wow thing here that we don't have in the Philippines is the traffic discipline. And the cleaner air. But you have that in other more beautiful countries. Other than that, I don't find Singapore all too appealing. But that's me.

i agree that singapore doesnt have beautiful beaches.the best it has is the one in sentosa which is man-made.the country is small thus you have limited tourist sights but have pockets of attractions that foreginers find appealing and enjoyable.

i hope once the marina and sentosa integrated resorts (IR) are complete,you'll be able to visit singapore again.

i recently visited singapore for the first time. Medyo maliit lang yung country though it has its fair share of sights like Sentosa Island and the Night Safari. Best experience was eating chili crabs at Jumbo Restaurant near Clarke Quay! Sarap! :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by shadowspy

Not in our lifetime :thumbsdownsmiley: NAIA looks like a rat hole compared to Singapore's airport.......Hong Kong also has very nice airport.....It could probably give Changi a run for its money.....Hong Kong's terminal 2 airport even has a 4D cinema.........Watched Beowulf there on my recent trip.......Nice!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...

ate at NO SIGNBOARD Seafood Restaurant Vivo CIty

ordered black peperred bull frog.. sarap.. i especially like their deep fried buttered prawns.. grabe pati balat ng prawns kakainin mo sa sarap.. yummy! and they have soft-shelled chili crabs, worth 138sgd

i'll definitely come back here :thumbsupsmiley:

:thumbsupsmiley: stayed at the Royal Plaza on Scotts for 2 weeks and its great! Booked online at SG248 per night. Free wifi and the minibar gets replenished everyday (3 sodas 1 orange juice 2 bottles of Tiger beer 2 bottles mineral water) as well as coffee and tea. Its right beside Orchard Road so ang sarap mag lakad lakad specially when they have all the christmas decors and lights up. Sarap mag shopping... although not as cheap as here... kahit pa ba 50% off.

• 2 weeks later...

i cant wait to visit Singapore again. just booked a flight on feb 6-10, chinese new year by feb 7 i think, mas festive kse pag chinese new year compared to Christmas and new year. my parents and the rest of the family are based in Singapore, so dont have any problem where to stay but i'll be going around and take lots of pictures. also i miss hanging out at HOOTERS, short-shorts sexy waitress, friendly people, anyone wants to join?

• 1 month later...

lahat halos ng fastfood chains sa sgpore eh libre na wifi.all you have to do is order one set meal. yung iba ngang locals eh simple lang sa side

while using free wifi.

in most residential areas may makukuha ka rin wifi signal. just turn on the wireless LAN of your laptop. if ure luckier

it even offers speed faster than dial up sa pinas.

• 3 weeks later...
in most residential areas may makukuha ka rin wifi signal. just turn on the wireless LAN of your laptop. if ure luckier

it even offers speed faster than dial up sa pinas.

Opps ingat kpag ggwin nyo ito its actually illegal, me nahuli nang local at me fine na SGD5000. Stick to the free stuffs like the ones in starbucks, mcdonalds, etc.

i agree that singapore doesnt have beautiful beaches.the best it has is the one in sentosa which is man-made.the country is small thus you have limited tourist sights but have pockets of attractions that foreginers find appealing and enjoyable.

i hope once the marina and sentosa integrated resorts (IR) are complete,you'll be able to visit singapore again.

Singapore is about man made attractions and shopping. Check out their rivers & beaches and you might get the impression that the city is clean because they washed all the dirt into the waterways.

I hope 10 years from now, Boracay would not end up like Singapore, clean city but almost no marine life.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...