Singapore Travel - Hidden Secrets

• 2 weeks later...
Guest event_horizon
binibisita namin every other month... tawid lang kami sa tulay ... mura lang ... tapos libre na sakay ng monotrail ... tambay sa "central" beach :cool:

well.. this is just going around sentosa then and looking from "afar".. yung pwede-pwede na na sites are those yung me bayad.. pero sayang pa din eh :D

Happy Holidays everyone.

My Singapore travel didn't push through. A new year holiday Singapore vacation didn't materialize due to some important matters. Anyways, there is always the next month or so, I being the complusive traveler, for a sure Singapore travel. Please do continue your postings here for more tips and secrets about Singapore.

• 6 months later...
Baka may gustong mag post. Punta kami this August. Any change since December last year?

Have you taken the river cruise? I've been to singapore on several occasions beginning 1986 and in the late 90s to early 2000, all on business. Last April, I finally brought my family there for a vacation. First time for my daughter and 3rd time for the wife.

If you've been there in the past, we'll it's more of the same. But since it's my daughter's first time, we took the city tour (honestly it was my first city tour, too) which took us to the merlion (in 1986 wala pa yung promenade fronting the merlion that was already water!), china town, the highest peak in singapore where you ride cable cars to sentosa and the botanical park.

we also took a day trip to singapore zoo as we were advised that the night safari can be a bummer! via the mrt/bus... there was not enough time for this 3 night/4 day trip. we couldnt go to sentosa, nor enjoy the original singapore sling at the raffles hotel although i've been to the raffles hotel in numerous occasion for meetings and banquets.

we stayed at the orchard hotel which was at one end of orchard just off the embassy row. then we would walk down the entire orchard road upto plaza singapura to do what the wife and daughter does best... shop!!

it really depends on what you want to see or buy.. you can practically get it all there... if you are a smoker buy all your smoke requirements here. tobacco products are pretty expensive there since the government is discouraging smoking!

hi guys. im going on a trip to singapore sometime next week and i was wondering if i could ask you singapore veterans out there a few things. :P

1. are taxi rates expensive? lets say from the airport to orchard road? how much would that cost?

2. i heard about a great singapore sale this july? just how "great" is it? 50-70% off? and how expensive are the items compared to the phil? lets say a pair of adidas shoes that would normally cost 4k here?

3. hows the night life in singapore? any recommendations as to which bar to go to at night? a friend of mine mentioned 3 places. Devil's bar, Zouk, and Orchard tower. are those ok? marami bang chics? :upside:

4. do they have an adidas originals/vintage shop in singapore? :P coz if they dont, ill just go ahead and buy the shoes i wanted here in the phil.

5. any singaporean brand (or any other brand for that matter) that i should watch out for? meron bang mga hindi available sa pinas na ok? be it shoes, shirts, polo, etc etc.

6. is it true i have to add "la" after every sentence? :blink:

7. what is their national language? english or mandarin?

thats all for now.

hope someone can help... hehe. its my first time to go kasi e.

thanks! :)

hi guys. im going on a trip to singapore sometime next week and i was wondering if i could ask you singapore veterans out there a few things.  :P

1. are taxi rates expensive? lets say from the airport to orchard road? how much would that cost?

YES REMEMBER YOU ARE IN THE FIRST WORLD ABOUT 25 SING TO ORCHARD ROAD

2. i heard about a great singapore sale this july? just how "great" is it? 50-70% off? and how expensive are the items compared to the phil? lets say a pair of adidas shoes that would normally cost 4k here?SINGAPORE IS MORE EXPENSIVE THEN THE PHILIPPINES,ADDIDAS ARE MADE IN CHINA,INDONESIA AND VIETNAM

3. hows the night life in singapore? any recommendations as to which bar to go to at night? a friend of mine mentioned 3 places. Devil's bar, Zouk, and Orchard tower. are those ok? marami bang chics?  :upside:

EXPENSIVE,MARAMING CHICKS,BUT BE PREPARED TO PAY THE PRICES

4. do they have an adidas originals/vintage shop in singapore?  :P  coz if they dont, ill just go ahead and buy the shoes i wanted here in the phil.YES BUY IN THE PHILIPPINES

5. any singaporean brand (or any other brand for that matter) that i should watch out for? meron bang mga hindi available sa pinas na ok? be it shoes, shirts, polo, etc etc.YOU ARE IN THE WRONG COUNTRY FOR CLOTHES,BUT VARIETY OF ORIGINALS IS GREATER

6. is it true i have to add "la" after every sentence?  :blink: NO lah :D

7. what is their national language? english or mandarin?BOTH

thats all for now.

thanks!  :)

IF YOU WANT CONTACT ME BY PM AND I CAN GIVE MAPS AND GUIDEBOOKS ETC,THE HEAD OF SINGAPORE TOURISM BOARD IN THE PHILIPPINES ROCSON IS A FRIEND AND I HAVE TONS OF MATIERAL,PERSONALLY I HAVE BEEN THERE 36 TIMES

hi guys. im going on a trip to singapore sometime next week and i was wondering if i could ask you singapore veterans out there a few things.  :P

- medyo expensive. with regards to rates papuntang , depende sa oras. depende sa araw, like kung merong holiday... hwag pala makalimot magpapalit ng SGD sa airport kase taxi di puwede USD.

2. i heard about a great singapore sale this july? just how "great" is it? 50-70% off? and how expensive are the items compared to the phil? lets say a pair of adidas shoes that would normally cost 4k here?

- kung adidas originals hanap mo, marami d2 bro. marami ka talagng choices d2 pero mas mahal ata...  e.g. a pair of dockers, doble presyo sa nabili ko sa pinas.

3. hows the night life in singapore? any recommendations as to which bar to go to at night? a friend of mine mentioned 3 places. Devil's bar, Zouk, and Orchard tower. are those ok? marami bang chics?  :upside:

- ok nyt lyf pero mahal if you compare the prices satin.  ok yung place you mentioned, orchard tower kung gusto mo ng orientals.  :cool:

4. do they have an adidas originals/vintage shop in singapore?  :P  coz if they dont, ill just go ahead and buy the shoes i wanted here in the phil.

5. any singaporean brand (or any other brand for that matter) that i should watch out for? meron bang mga hindi available sa pinas na ok? be it shoes, shirts, polo, etc etc.

- raoul shirts lang naisip ko bro.

6. is it true i have to add "la" after every sentence?  :blink:

d2 naman. its ok to use proper english, pero u can adaopt para mas maintindihan ka.  so lagyan mo na lang ng "lah" or "lar" sa dulo ng sentence ng sasabihin mo.  :D

7. what is their national language? english or mandarin? english daw.  :D

thats all for now.

sana nakatulong bro.

I've been to Singapore once and i'd say its one hell of a clean country. Anywhere you look is clean. I didnt even see one smoking in public. I have visited Sentosa, and the Night Zoo. Too bad i didnt get the chance to see those shopping places that you mentioned. I would definitely love to come back and visit that country again.

Guest globetrotter

TAXI FARE WILL COST AROUND 20-25 SGD INCLUDING CHARGES.IF YOU WANT TO SAVE MONEY, TAKE THE MRT(3SGD INCLUDING CARD DEPOSIT)

IF YOU WAN TO BUY SHOES, DONT GO TO MALLS.I SUGGEST YOU GO TO QUEENSTOWN.CHEAPER, A LOT OF VARIETIES.

ORCHARD TOWER - A LOT OF TRANSVESTITES, DB AND ZOUK - OK

4. do they have an adidas originals/vintage shop in singapore?  :P  coz if they dont, ill just go ahead and buy the shoes i wanted here in the phil.

YOU CAN INQUIRE IN THE BIGGER MALLS HERE BUT IM NOT SURE IF THEY HAVE.

IF YOUR GAUGE IS PRICE, BETTER BUY ITEMS IN PINAS.MAS MURA.SINGAPORE BRANDS ARE EXPENSIVE.

6. is it true i have to add "la" after every sentence?  :blink:

NOPE.

7. what is their national language? english or mandarin?

BAHASA SINCE IT USED TO BE PART OF MALAYSIA.BUT THEY SPEAK BOTH MANDARIN(HOKKIEN) AND ENGLISH.

thats all for now.

I've been to Singapore once and i'd say its one hell of a clean country. Anywhere you look is clean. I didnt even see one smoking in public. I have visited Sentosa, and the Night Zoo. Too bad i didnt get the chance to see those shopping places that you mentioned. I would definitely love to come back and visit that country again.

Not true, me place din dito na madumi din like little india, chinatown and geylang serai.

Sa mga pupunta rito yung cable car is closed. Dati sabi whole month of june lang pero nuong nagvisit ang mom ko last july eh sarado pa rin. Sentosa is being upgraded right now so madaming construction works.

if you want the red light district in singapore, go to bukit batok..

if you want tiangge.. go to bugis

ala makati.. the orchard..

park.. jurong bird park

leisure place.. go to sentosa and the cable car

discipline tips:

when crossing the street, always use the pedestrian lane. remember to look at your right first for cars, because they're using the right hand driving system

always flush the urinal / bowl after use, i witnessed a guy apprehended for not flushing the urinal

dont worry about chewing gums, it is not available in singapore (unless the ban has been lifted)

dont spit anywhere, dont litter..

singapore is a "FINE" city, so beware.. it's a real nice place though..

Guest globetrotter

you can now buy chewing gum in Singapore provided you have a doctor's prescription.

another option you can do once you're in singapore is to avail of duck tours (city tour in an amphibious vehicle so you can tour the city using the streets and the river).

most urinals in malls have automatic flush so dont have to worry much about forgetting to flush

• 3 months later...
if you want the red light district in singapore, go to bukit batok..

if you want tiangge.. go to bugis

ala makati.. the orchard..

park.. jurong bird park

leisure place.. go to sentosa and the cable car

discipline tips:

when crossing the street, always use the pedestrian lane. remember to look at your right first for cars, because they're using the right hand driving system

always flush the urinal / bowl after use, i witnessed a guy apprehended for not flushing the urinal

dont worry about chewing gums, it is not available in singapore (unless the ban has been lifted)

dont spit anywhere, dont litter..

singapore is a "FINE" city, so beware.. it's a real nice place though..

i'll b going to singapore in 2 weeks time, i think u catch me der, wat kind of red light district does bukit batok have? :evil:

• 2 weeks later...