(captain) gustav niebaum actually founded inglenook in 1880

honga pala, i'd like to squeeze an eb with you, masi, and the gang into my very tight schedule. either sep 1 or sep 2, perhaps?

Sana kasama ako dyan sa collective na "the gang" :unsure:

:lol: Mabibgyan na naman ako ng award ni Bods nito. :lol:

How much???? What vintage was it? That's high! Even with duties and such it should be around USD200.

I saw some at Costco the other day for $105. Didn't pay much attention to it (personal biases - I am upset at their wine tasting policies at the winery) but I think it was a 2001.

It was a 2001 Mr. Agxo3! And at a Duty Free Shop at that! :lol: I am told that a couple of years back it was already costing some PhP10K in Manila when it was available.

Which reminds me, Lips - A_ngel is from Vegas. Didn't know she was going to be there this week! I've been off the OS board for a while now - it degenrated into a 2 person chat room for a while and I had no patience for it - but for a while it was really nice.

ooops there I go again choking on my foot! Kala ko LA si A_ngel! Pardon my ignorance but what is the OS board? :unsure:

just need to take care of some things  :)

Uuuyyy kaka intrigue naman yan. :rolleyes: May papa dampot ka din ba Eagleyes sa kangkungan? :lol:

none from my side.. better yet, surprise us!!!  we look forward to that day!

oo, lipstick you are the part of the gang, not the boyoyong clowns but the barnum and bailey circus!!!  :D  and you are the ringleader!!!

Uhmm not a good idea for me to be the ringleader ..... I'll bring my whips and chains and cuffs and ...... ha ha ha you boys will just enjoy that too much. :lol:

Sama ako!!!  Let's burn together baby!  MP3s I mean. :lol:

Naka eto na ... lumalabas na ang hilig sa bebots! :lol:  And no, not the wine. :P

Well pinoy .... i reckon you better start prepping yourself for that table wine. :P

And waitamonument!  What's that privy joke with the Nuit hah???!!!  :unsure:  Oist Pinoy, we grew up daw in the same country? :D

No private joke with the Nuit. I staeyd in Bangkok with my parents in the mid-70s for about a year or so, but never really got to speak the language or imbibe the culture kasi medyo rebelded ako at ayoko kasi dun nung una. Studied in RIS, 10th grade, and was member of the basketball team and the 10th grade band. Noong andun ako si General Yan (lolo ni Rico Yan) ang ambassador. My father worked in the UN.

My conversion moment was in Bangkok, when my father started bringing home Barton et Guestier wines, Chateneuf du Pape, and Pouilly Fuisse. I also had fond experiences of attending cocktails at the Russian embassy and dousing myself on real vodka and three types of caviar. I remember the caviar was overflowing in three large bowls. Large orange caviar, the small black ones, and some gray ones (Beluga, sevruga, and another one).

Hay naku, makes me long for the 70s and 80s. Sarap naman ng buhay namin nun. Sarap sa Pilipinas din nun.

No private joke with the Nuit.  I staeyd in Bangkok with my parents in the mid-70s for about a year or so, but never really got to speak the language or imbibe the culture kasi medyo rebelded ako at ayoko kasi dun nung una.    Studied in RIS, 10th grade, and was member of the basketball team and the 10th grade band.  Noong andun ako si General Yan (lolo ni Rico Yan) ang ambassador.  My father worked in the UN.

My conversion moment was in Bangkok, when my father started bringing home Barton et Guestier wines,  Chateneuf du Pape, and Pouilly Fuisse.  I also had fond experiences of attending cocktails at the Russian embassy and dousing myself on real vodka and three types of caviar.  I remember the caviar was overflowing in three large bowls.  Large orange caviar, the small black ones, and some gray ones (Beluga, sevruga, and another one).

Hay naku, makes me long for the 70s and 80s.  Sarap naman ng buhay namin nun. Sarap sa Pilipinas din nun.

Oh my gulay! I went to RIS too and lived in Bkk from 1969 (hehe nice year eh? :lol:) to 1981. So General Yan was the amabassador there for a loooong time when I lived there. We must know each other in some strange way :blink: Pero kung mid 70s at 10th grade ka eh baka grade 1 or 2 pa lang ako noon. :rolleyes:

Oh my gulay!  I went to RIS too and lived in Bkk from 1969 (hehe nice year eh? :lol:) to 1981.  So General Yan was the amabassador there for a loooong time when I lived there.  We must know each other in some strange way :blink:  Pero kung mid 70s at 10th grade ka eh baka grade 1 or 2 pa lang ako noon. :rolleyes:

Oo nga. U must have been there too. Remember the canteen? and the weekend cleaning days we had to endure? The principal then was mrs. ne-win I think, tapos her daughter was the girl in the milo ad and naging siyota ng anak ni general yan. Maraming cocktails kami nun sa embassy. Laseng ako palagi. Wla pang new world wines, puro frenc h wines lang ang binibigay sa amin.

Naku OT na naman ako nito. Teka - Cabernet rules!!!

O ayan di ako ot niyan ha!

Oo nga.  U must have been there too.  Remember the canteen? and the weekend cleaning days we had to endure?  The principal then was mrs. ne-win I think, tapos her daughter was the girl in the milo ad and naging siyota ng anak ni general yan.  Maraming cocktails kami nun sa embassy.  Laseng ako palagi.  Wla pang new world wines, puro frenc h wines lang ang binibigay sa amin.

hanggang ngayon dala mo parin yung kalasingan mo!!! :D But you guys have to admit that when you were there, the phils was still the better place to live... mas asensado tayo tha bkk nun!! but now, wala na, they are miles ahead...

but the shiraz, is a far better drink... did someone say tempranillo or a glen...tara na, eb na!!! BODS what say you!!! :)

Uuuyyy kaka intrigue naman yan.  :rolleyes:  May papa dampot ka din ba Eagleyes sa kangkungan? :lol:

Uhmm not a good idea for me to be the ringleader ..... I'll bring my whips and chains and cuffs and ...... ha ha ha you boys will just enjoy that too much. :lol:

oh!!! that's dangerous.. and i thought i have been such a good boy to deserve being bound and whipped! :blush:

ok! no circus.. just a singing group!!! with a lady and 3 men... this could easily pass for glady's night and her pimps!!! tama ba to? pips pala!!! :lol:

eagleyes, are you sure you still want to meet us this september and have that drink?! hahahaha... it will be a riot!!! and a fun one!!!!

Oo nga.  U must have been there too.  Remember the canteen? and the weekend cleaning days we had to endure?  The principal then was mrs. ne-win I think, tapos her daughter was the girl in the milo ad and naging siyota ng anak ni general yan.  Maraming cocktails kami nun sa embassy.  Laseng ako palagi.  Wla pang new world wines, puro french wines lang ang binibigay sa amin.

Err di ako pinaglinis ng canteen dahil mabait akong bata. :P I can't recall the principal but I do recall strict Sister Elizabeth fondly. :lol:

Maraming cocktails sa embassy nga at kung saan saan pang gathering and being a pinoy in Bkk at that time was almost like being a diplomat because we just about got invited everywhere! Pity I was wayyyy too young to have any alcohol at that time. :lol:

oh!!! that's dangerous.. and i thought i have been such a good boy to deserve being bound and whipped! :blush:

ok! no circus.. just a singing group!!! with a lady and 3 men... this could easily pass for glady's night and her pimps!!! tama ba to?  pips pala!!! :lol:

eagleyes, are you sure you still want to meet us this september and have that drink?!  hahahaha... it will be a riot!!! and a fun one!!!!

Nyahahaha di ko alam eh mahilig ka din pala sa BDSM pare! In that case a bottle of Vino Kulafu for you! :lol:

Hey! Don't scare Eagleyes! That was supposed to be a surprise!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Large orange caviar, the small black ones, and some gray ones (Beluga, sevruga, and another one).

which one is the russian black and which one is iranian? Malossol, from sturgeon? i would like to take it straight up... no fancy biscuit, green onions nor eggs to spoil it....

mahal lang talaga!! but it would be nice to have an evening of foie gras and caviar with, of course the favorite sparkling!! feel rich, spend rich and work hard for a year!!! :lol:

which one is the russian black and which one is iranian?  Malossol, from sturgeon?  i would like to take it straight up... no fancy biscuit, green onions nor eggs to spoil it....

mahal lang talaga!! but it would be nice to have an evening of foie gras and caviar with, of course the favorite sparkling!!  feel rich, spend rich and work hard for a year!!! :lol:

Mallosol is the best known Russian caviar. Yung mailiit na itim. I know you can relate to a biscuit of caviar downed with a glass of Dom Perignon ca 1986. Heaven heaven heaven but in reality now, gastos gastos gastos.

Di balke may itlog na lang ng maya-maya o salmon roe courtesy of bods. Yung Dom na lang problema natin.

Mallosol is the best known Russian caviar.  Yung mailiit na itim.  I know you can relate to a biscuit of caviar downed with a glass of Dom Perignon ca 1986.  Heaven heaven heaven but in reality now, gastos gastos gastos.

Di balke may itlog na lang ng maya-maya o salmon roe courtesy of bods.  Yung Dom na lang problema natin.

DOM (d pa ba tayo yun!) will not be a problem as long as "daisy" is there .... daisey-seis, daisy-siete, daisy-ocho, daisy-nueve... HAHAHAHHA! :lol:

no takers on my eb call yet! paging Bods!!!

It's primarily a cab, but blended in the Bordeaux style. The 2001 is 89% cab, 5% merlot, 3% cab franc and 3% petit verdot.

The 95 I love so much is 88% cab, 6% merlot, 6% cab franc.

thanks, pare!

I think that for the edification of all viewers and lurkers here (myself included), I think it would be best fif you post what wine grapes go into what appellation - like Bordeaux is mainly cab or burgundy is pinot that sort of thing. I'm not familiar with this since Europe names its wines by location and not by varietal..Thanks!

It's open na! Called Per Se. Small - only 15 tables! All meals are prix fixe - $175 a person.

He also has a bistro called Bouchon also in Yountville, and another in Las Vegas called Bouchon Las Vegas in the Venetian Resort.

Which reminds me, Lips - A_ngel is from Vegas. Didn't know she was going to be there this week! I've been off the OS board for a while now - it degenrated into a 2 person chat room for a while and I had no patience for it - but for a while it was really nice.

I will be in Vegas next month (right in the middle of my kitchen remodel! Good timiong, huh?) for a school reunion and will make every effort to go visit Bouchon and have dinner there. IF I am successful in my endeavor, I will post a review.

pare basta sa resto up-to-date ka talaga ha :P

how is Per Se doing? All the top chefs in NY were trembling in their knees when they first heard that Keller was setting up shop there...

wala na vino ang missis ko ubos na namin ni pinoy!!!  speaking of ebs... why dont we meet, friday?  same time, same venue... maybe a fresh mix of greens with arugula and fruits dashed with a red wine vinaig or simple EVOO and garlic... a rose to keep the high spirit flowing!!!  let me know what you guys and lady think!!! sms...

I'll see if I can make it this week. Just sms kung tuloy - I can drop by if schedule permits

hanggang ngayon dala mo parin yung kalasingan mo!!! :D  But you guys have to admit that when you were there, the phils was still the better place to live... mas asensado tayo tha bkk nun!! but now, wala na, they are miles ahead...

but the shiraz, is a far better drink... did someone say tempranillo or a glen...tara na, eb na!!! BODS what say you!!! :)

nakupoh!

I'll pretend I did not read that...looks like I will pass this week :grr:

pero go ahead with your plans, pare hehehe

pag naglaway ako sa Friday I can just imagine myself dropping by :boo:

hahaha don't overdo it, pare - post lang ng post :P

teka OT ako ah - it could be coincidence or maybe it's now part of an overwhelming trend - pero the last two bottles I had were both of the screwtop variety. One was a weird grenache-shiraz-mourvedre-touriga blend and the other a pinot - both Aussies. Well it was nice and dandy - the flavor kept well even after 3 days, but I miss pulling out cork and besides hindi nadadagdagan yung collection ko ng mga corks - which by the way sends the missus into fits whenever she sees the garapons where I keep the corks :P