Mallosol is the best known Russian caviar.  Yung mailiit na itim.  I know you can relate to a biscuit of caviar downed with a glass of Dom Perignon ca 1986.  Heaven heaven heaven but in reality now, gastos gastos gastos.

Di balke may itlog na lang ng maya-maya o salmon roe courtesy of bods.  Yung Dom na lang problema natin.

hahaha problema mo pa din yung salmon roe because we dont have that....pero a salmon head teppan is a sure thing na the next time hehehe

ooops there I go again choking on my foot!  Kala ko LA si A_ngel!  Pardon my ignorance but what is the OS board?  :unsure:

I mistyped - the OS THREAD. On the Front Page under Groups. People living/working overseas.

LA and Vegas are only a 4 hour drive apart. And mole like each other than LA would like to admit. From my perspective, both are giant, overgrown circuses. (Or is that circi? Circa?)

pare basta sa resto up-to-date ka talaga ha :P

how is Per Se doing? All the top chefs in NY were trembling in their knees when they first heard that Keller was setting up shop there...

With only 15 tables, I don't think Per Se is much of a threat to any restaurant there. Just too small, the dining experience not a pop-in-for-a-bite kinda thing, so they're not pulling too many customers away from anyone. In fact, because people get frustrated trying to get a reservation, they end up at other high-end places so I thnk it actually drives up business everywhere. Like in Yountville - Bouchon is always busy, as are Bistro Jeanty and Pere Jeanty (owned and run by Philippe Jeanty former executive chef of Domaine Chandon just across the highway) because French Laundry draws so many people that it can't accomodate.

hahaha don't overdo it, pare - post lang ng post :P

... but I miss pulling out cork and besides hindi nadadagdagan yung collection ko ng mga corks - which by the way sends the missus into fits whenever she sees the garapons where I keep the corks :P

a friend of my collects corks saying that it has a tenderizing property. just pop in couple in a casserole where you are cooking meats and ... the meat get tenderized, daw!

i dont know, he just gets my corks but i never got to try his cooking! :lol: right, pinoy?

hahaha don't overdo it, pare - post lang ng post :P

teka OT ako ah - it could be coincidence or maybe it's now part of an overwhelming trend - pero the last two bottles I had were both of the screwtop variety. One was a weird grenache-shiraz-mourvedre-touriga blend and the other a pinot - both Aussies. Well it was nice and dandy - the flavor kept well even after 3 days, but I miss pulling out cork and besides hindi nadadagdagan yung collection ko ng mga corks - which by the way sends the missus into fits whenever she sees the garapons where I keep the corks :P

May use ang cork. Italian housewives threw two or three corks when they boiled beef or any other meat dish. It makes the beef tender in a shorter period of time. So it saves on propane.

I always get a cork or two and use it. Kaso lang you can't use it repeatedly.

One time lang. BTW my wine post is i always use cork from a red wine whichI drank.

May use ang cork.  Italian housewives threw two or three corks when they boiled beef or any other meat dish.  It makes the beef tender in a shorter period of time.  So it saves on propane. 

I always get a cork or two and use it.  Kaso lang you can't use it repeatedly. 

One time lang.  BTW my wine post is i always use cork from a red wine whichI drank.

Are you sure the corks are used for cooking Pinoy ?.... I know of other uses for cork and it aint for cooking. He ! he!

Hi my gurus : Masi, Bods stc.....

DOM (d pa ba tayo yun!) will not be a problem as long as "daisy" is there .... daisey-seis, daisy-siete, daisy-ocho, daisy-nueve... HAHAHAHHA! :lol:

Hahaha I was about to make the same comment ... hanap pa kayo ng DOM eh between the 3stooges eh that would be enough to fill up DOM-dom. :lol:

Lintek... wala atang daisy dito sa thread eh puro "ty-three, ty-six, ty-whatever!" :lol: Dun kayo magpunta sa MTC world section! Maraming DAISY doon! :lol:

did I hear best thread? :P

let's all drink to that!!!

cheers!

Hard of hearing Bods? Hahahaha did someone make you deaf again with some thigh-clapping? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hehehe I am now polishing the trophy for you...

of course, you are! dati it was TiGang, now it's The Gang oooppppsss hehehe

Hmmm gold or silver ba yang trophy? Pwede bang rhodium? :D

Haha celibate days are going to be back soon. :) Not that I mind, hahaha sanay na ako eh! May PhD na ako on that.

stop yelling in my ear, pare!

He's yelling because you are hard of hearing :P

I mistyped - the OS THREAD. On the Front Page under Groups. People living/working overseas.

LA and Vegas are only a 4 hour drive apart. And mole like each other than LA would like to admit. From my perspective, both are giant, overgrown circuses. (Or is that circi? Circa?)

Ahhh OS thread. Quite a bunch of MTC members all over. Hehe figuratively and literally.

OT POST: Sorry Bods, Sorry MODS! But I just have to share this story!

An Incredible Chain of Events

At dawn the telephone rings.

"Hello, Señor Johnson? This is Ernesto, the caretaker at your country

house."

"Ah yes, Ernesto. What can I do for you? Is there a problem?" "

Hmm, I am just calling to advise you, sir, that your parrot died"

"My parrot? Dead? The one that won the International competition?"

"Si, that's the one."

"Damn! That's a pity! I spent a small fortune on that bird. What did he die

from?"

"From eating the rotten meat." "Rotten meat? Who the hell fed him rotten

meat?"

"Nobody Señor. He ate the meat of the dead caballo."

"Dead horse? What dead horse?"

"The thouroughbred, Mr. Lucky. Mr. Lucky! My horse that won the Preakness a

few years back?

"Si."

"How did he die?"

"He died from all that work pulling the water cart."

"Are you insane? What water cart?"

"The one we used to put out the fire."

"Good Lord! What fire are you talking about, man?"

"The one at your hacienda! A candle fell and the curtains caught on fire."

"What the.....!!! But there's electricity at the house!!!! What was the

candle for?"

"For the funeral."

"FUNERAL?--WHAT FUNERAL?!"

"Your mother's...She showed up one night out of the blue and I thought she

was a thief,

so I hit her with your new Tiger Woods Nike Driver."

SILENCE....................

"Ernesto if you broke that driver you're fired!"

Now, I hope you have a better understanding of GOLF!!!

Back with the Post....

Hi Augustmoon... what have you been doing, lately? I hope not trying to figure out what other ways you can do with your tongue or a wine cork!!! :rolleyes:

Pinoy... are we drinking.. if bods cant make it.. seem like we have to settle with the refined Scott, Glenn and the spanish haciendero, Don Juan Urquijo! :)

Hi Bods, All work and no play, makes BODS .... (fill in the blanks, people!) sa akin.. thirsty! :lol:

Hi Lipstick, any interesting happening these past days? ;)

BACKREAD.... masi pare, all work no play makes bods color blind, hehehe he won't know if its cab or a chardonnay.

i for one is dying to try this bordeaux blend. tara lets.....

hey spurt, which bordeaux would this be... so far for friday, bods is not sure; pinoy is ok; am ok; lipstick, no reply; august moon is a non drinker? or needs an initiation!; eagleyes and agxo will be toasting to us while they are at work (the advantage/disadvantage of a 16hour time difference!

we can meet at the same venue as last week. pm if you are ok.

Hard of hearing Bods?  Hahahaha did someone make you deaf again with some thigh-clapping?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hmmm gold or silver ba yang trophy?  Pwede bang rhodium? :D

Haha celibate days are going to be back soon. :)  Not that I mind, hahaha sanay na ako eh!  May PhD na ako on that.

Lipstick, I wonder what made bods hard of hearing today... e wala naman akong sinabing cuban cigar sa duty free ah? :lol:

I think there is a typo error here, Lipstick, celibate sinabi mo!.... tama ba 'to? Wait! Quiet! What's that I hear .... hushhhhh!!!!! Can't you hear it?...... It must be your bio clock ticking away those seconds!!!! PEACE!!!! :)

At any rate, the more time you get behind you, they more graceful, captivating, alluring you would be... just like the wines i like...

whew!!! that was tough! i was a hairline from being OT!!!!

Hi Lipstick,  any interesting happening these past days?  ;)

Hmm depends on what you would qualify as interesting. Haven't had vino but I had several swigs of Old Parr Scotch on the rocks yesterday. Tuluyan na ata ako nagiging alcoholic. :lol:

Lipstick, I wonder what made bods hard of hearing today... e wala naman akong sinabing cuban cigar sa duty free ah?  :lol:

I think there is a typo error here, Lipstick,  celibate sinabi mo!.... tama ba 'to?    Wait!  Quiet!  What's that I hear .... hushhhhh!!!!! Can't you hear it?...... It must be your bio clock ticking away those seconds!!!! PEACE!!!! :)

At any rate, the more time you get behind you, they more graceful, captivating, alluring you would be... just like the wines i like...

whew!!! that was tough!  i was a hairline from being OT!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. HEH!

Di ka lang pala kasama sa ANG-TV kasama ka din sa BAD. :P But kidding aside, celibacy seems to be a career for me. :lol: Eh di ba the hubby and I were in a long distance relationship? Eh papano ako hindi magiging celibate nyan??!?! :lol:

Naksh.... ganda naman ng analogy. Sana mag dilang anghel ka pare! Lilibre kita ng isang Gato Negro kapag hindi nagkatotoo yan. :lol:

Hmm depends on what you would qualify as interesting.  Haven't had vino but I had several swigs of Old Parr Scotch on the rocks yesterday.  Tuluyan na ata ako nagiging alcoholic.  :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. HEH! 

Di ka lang pala kasama sa ANG-TV kasama ka din sa BAD. :P  But kidding aside,  celibacy seems to be a career for me. :lol:  Eh di ba the hubby and I were in a long distance relationship?  Eh papano ako hindi magiging celibate nyan??!?! :lol:

Naksh.... ganda naman ng analogy.  Sana mag dilang anghel ka pare!  Lilibre kita ng isang Gato Negro kapag hindi nagkatotoo yan. :lol:

good for you... i've been pretty dry... my transient guests johnny and glen have been cursing me...how can i drink e when i'm making babad naman here on my computer making pitik the keyboard posting comments ...(spoken with an Assumptionista accent!!! hihihihihihihihi! :) i can't multitask... drink type and think :lol: too profound for my braincells!!!!

sorry again, but what is Ang-Tv and Bad? my tv channel over the weekend was stuck to espn and i had nothing to watch but 10-hours of golf!!!! now i have to call the cable guy!!!! :rolleyes:

celibate ka? wow!!! just like the nuns of assumption... from now on your are ordained as the "Blue Nun"! Speaking of which, wow d na ko OT... Blue Nuns are now produced in Australia. i saw it at shopwise together with the dearest yalumba!!!!

what happened to your naruda reading? no schedule yet? or tapos na.... well in that case, i just have to go there to drinK! i guess i'm just a hopeless case.

Edited by masi
good for you... i've been pretty dry... my transient guests  johnny and  glen have been cursing me...how can i drink e when i'm making babad naman here on my computer making pitik the keyboard posting comments ...(spoken with an Assumptionista accent!!! hihihihihihihihi! :)  i can't multitask... drink type and think :lol: too profound for my braincells!!!!

sorry again, but what is Ang-Tv and Bad?  my tv channel over the weekend was stuck to espn and i had nothing to watch but 10-hours of golf!!!! now i have to call the cable guy!!!! :rolleyes:

celibate ka?  wow!!! just like the nuns of assumption... from now on your are ordained as the "Blue Nun"!  Speaking of which, wow d na ko OT... Blue Nuns are now produced in Australia.  i saw it at shopwise together with the dearest yalumba!!!!

what happened to your naruda reading?  no schedule yet?  or tapos na.... well in that case, i just have to go there to drinK!  i guess i'm just a hopeless case.

Wahahahahahahahahahaha KAKA-boy ka na rin!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Making pitik pitik baka naman you mean making finger finger the keyboard pare .... reminds me of those corny "buti pa ang ____" jokes:

Buti pa ang kalendaryo, may date

Buti pa ang damo, dinidiligan

Buti pa ang stars, tinitingalaan

Buti pa ang typewriter, na tataypan

Buti pa ang piano, na fi-finger

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can be the Bar Wench who sidelines as the Blue Nun :boo: Haha. Neruda reading on the 24th or 25th pa ... I thought this week si A_ngel darating... next week pa pala. Visit the Neruda thread naman pare! Neruda has quite a thing with grapes and wines and it's all over his sonnets. :D

Wahahahahahahahahahaha KAKA-boy ka na rin!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Making pitik pitik baka naman you mean making finger finger the keyboard pare .... reminds me of those corny "buti pa ang ____" jokes:

Buti pa ang  kalendaryo, may date

Buti pa ang damo, dinidiligan

Buti pa ang stars, tinitingalaan

Buti pa ang typewriter, na tataypan

Buti pa ang piano, na fi-finger

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I can be the Bar Wench who sidelines as the Blue Nun :boo: Haha.  Neruda reading on the 24th or 25th pa ... I thought this week si A_ngel darating... next week pa pala.  Visit the Neruda thread naman pare!  Neruda has quite a thing with grapes and wines and it's all over his sonnets. :D

sorry again but d ko gets yung kaka boy!!! of course an assumptionista wont say finger finger while in uniform... (she'll say that when she graduates and works in an ad agency!!!) :lol: she'll say pitik pitik or making pindot the key board (sabay breakof the neck so the head falls on one side then when the hair starts to cover her face, she flips her head the other way!!!) *strikers ... pa add pa... yung buti ka pa...d ko rin alam yon!!! deprived childhood ata ako... o laking seminaryo... dapat nasa ex-sem!

i just realized that next week will be pretty tight for me. i have a japanese friend coming over and he said we have to play golf and talk over some business dev...then my amos last night in our meeting told me that a korean businessman is arriving next week to look at some properties or perhaps do some M&As and play golf! but before all these could happen, my amos also said we have to practice before all the guests arrive!!! what a tiring week, it will be! ;) so much work!!!

what a coincidence! as i was running tonight (i had to since my last run was friday pa, didnt run last tuesday morning as it was drizzling!) and it was raining, i was writing poetry in my mind. the events were dramatic, i, the solitary runner, wet roads, and lights reflecting, air was damp, sweat falling and mixing with bits of rain which was falling all over me randomly.. i wanted to write it but i said NAH!!!

teka, bakit nandito to, OT na to ha!? e san ko pa pwede ilagay???

when i used to write prose and essays... i was never under the influence!! yan d ot! :) when i drink i can only write simple tasting notes! B)

sorry again but d ko gets yung kaka boy!!!  of course an assumptionista wont say finger finger while in uniform... (she'll say that when she graduates and works in an ad agency!!!) :lol:  she'll say pitik pitik or making pindot the key board (sabay breakof the neck so the head falls on one side then when the hair starts to cover her face, she flips her head the other way!!!)  *strikers ... pa add pa... yung buti ka pa...d ko rin alam yon!!! deprived childhood ata ako... o laking seminaryo... dapat  nasa  ex-sem!

i just realized that next week will be pretty tight for me.  i have a japanese friend coming over and he said we have to play golf and talk over some business dev...then my amos last night in our meeting told me that a korean businessman is arriving next week to look at some properties or perhaps do some M&As and play golf!  but before all these could happen, my amos also said we have to practice before all the guests arrive!!! what a tiring week, it will be! ;) so much work!!!

what a coincidence!  as i was running tonight (i had to since my last run was friday pa, didnt run last tuesday morning as it was drizzling!) and it was raining, i was writing poetry in my mind. the events were dramatic, i, the solitary runner, wet roads, and lights reflecting, air was damp, sweat falling and mixing with bits of rain which was falling all over me randomly.. i wanted to write it  but i said NAH!!!

teka, bakit nandito to, OT na to ha!?  e san ko pa pwede ilagay???

when i used to write prose and essays... i was never under the influence!! yan d ot! :) when i drink i can only write simple tasting notes! B)

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH lech! Lumuha ako sa kakatawa pare! It's parang my avatar ba also? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ayy sorry po ... KAKA could mean KAKA-IRITA, KAKA-INIS, KAKA-URAT dahil sa KA-artehan ng pagsasalita. Assumptionists are notorious KAKA gurls. :lol: ANG-TV is short for AlipinNgGoodTimeVyuti and BAD is BaldingAndDomish. :lol:

I think a whole lotta poetry was written at the height of vino induced drunken stupor! So by all means Senyorrrrrrrrrrrr sumulat ka na!!!! Ayan hindi OT. I think when we attempt to describe wine it is almost like poetry as it engages all the senses with so many lyrical words. :)

With only 15 tables, I don't think Per Se is much of a threat to any restaurant there. Just too small, the dining experience not a pop-in-for-a-bite kinda thing, so they're not pulling too many customers away from anyone. In fact, because people get frustrated trying to get a reservation, they end up at other high-end places so I thnk it actually drives up business everywhere. Like in Yountville - Bouchon is always busy, as are Bistro Jeanty and Pere Jeanty (owned and run by Philippe Jeanty former executive chef of Domaine Chandon just across the highway) because French Laundry draws so many people that it can't accomodate.

Per Se is an interesting name for a resto, as much as French Laundry is...

pare are you familiar with the Norton grape? It's velvety feel is reputedly a cross between a merlot and a pinot noir, besides being earthy and spicy. It comes from the Midwest and Virginia, from where it was originally discovered....

a friend of my collects corks saying that it has a tenderizing property. just pop in  couple in a casserole where you are cooking meats and ... the meat get tenderized, daw!

i dont know, he just gets my corks but i never got to try his cooking!  :lol: right, pinoy?

Must be because it comes from wood - oak to be exact. I remember my mother putting matchsticks or toothpicks in tenderizing beef. Must be the same principle. It could also come in handy when you warm something in a microwave. A friend of mine reported na sumabog yung karekare na ininit nya sa microwave - or at least some sauce spurted up and hit him above the eye. He suggests putting some toothpick in whatever you heat or warm in a microwave to absorb the heat or something. A cork might also do the trick...

Methinks I gotta drink a glass or two before I try out these tricks with a cork :P

The reason why I collect corks is that aside from my quirky fascination with its different designs, I have this wild notion in the farthest reaches of my wine-addled brain that someday I can make use of them in some form of design for an improbable wine bar or wine-themed resto that I might put up :goatee:

May use ang cork.  Italian housewives threw two or three corks when they boiled beef or any other meat dish.  It makes the beef tender in a shorter period of time.  So it saves on propane. 

I always get a cork or two and use it.  Kaso lang you can't use it repeatedly. 

One time lang.  BTW my wine post is i always use cork from a red wine whichI drank.

parang you are so familiar with Italian housewives, pare :rolleyes: :evil: :lol:

Are you sure the corks are used for cooking Pinoy ?.... I know of other uses for cork and it aint for cooking. He ! he!

Hi my gurus : Masi, Bods stc.....

hmmm what other uses?

with regards to cork, I think you're the guru :evil:

Hard of hearing Bods?  Hahahaha did someone make you deaf again with some thigh-clapping?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hmmm gold or silver ba yang trophy?  Pwede bang rhodium? :D

Haha celibate days are going to be back soon. :)  Not that I mind, hahaha sanay na ako eh!  May PhD na ako on that.

what's this about some Thai clapping - was this something you saw on your recent BKK sojourn? :boo:

what's rhodium? :unsure: or are you referring to rode him? oopsss hehehe

hmmm celibacy....malapit ko na ding matapos yung doctoral thesis ko hehehe

Pinoy... are we drinking.. if bods cant make it.. seem like we have to settle with the refined Scott, Glenn and the spanish haciendero, Don Juan Urquijo! :)

Hi Bods, All work and no play, makes BODS .... (fill in the blanks,  people!)  sa akin.. thirsty! :lol:

pards hindi nyo naman ako iniinggit nyan ano? :P May Don Urquijo ka pa!

I'll see if I can play on Friday...

BACKREAD.... masi pare, all work no play makes bods color blind, hehehe he won't know if its cab or a chardonnay.

i for one is dying to try this bordeaux blend. tara lets.....

nako nagparinig pa ng bordeaux :cry:

hey spurt, which bordeaux would this be... so far for friday, bods is not sure; pinoy is ok; am ok; lipstick, no reply; august moon is a non drinker? or needs an initiation!; eagleyes and agxo will be toasting to us while they are at work (the advantage/disadvantage of a 16hour time difference!

we can meet at the same venue as last week. pm if you are ok.

pare go ahead with your plans - kung meron, I might just make a quick appearance - quick enough to grab the bordeaux and some Don Urquijos :P