i think when after your bankers drained your mental juice and waiting for the drinking hour, you tend to tinker with anything.  Yesterday, after my meeting, it was the keyboard.

sometimes, is it still polite to say, "it's the economy, stu*id!" to people who think they know everything in your business?!!!

the ghost and i had much to talk about, which means glen was left standing up :D ... johnny is complaining the he's been singled-out as last night's "wallflower".

have a good long weekend!

my guess is that the glen has left for the comfort of the lochs and highlands of his native land :lol:

johnny fits his wallflower role to a "T" because it could be that Bridgewater shiraz I'll bring next time - is that ok with the gang? I kinda miss it - isang beses pa lang natin natikman yun, pards...

have a good, long, sober weekend!

:lol: :lol: :lol:  Sarap maging bingi ano? :lol:

Haha my my aside fron deaf people in this thread eh marami din palang malabo ang mata!  Must be the vino!

I had a lovely day yesterday drinking Aussie vino rouge, jack, johnny and St. Miguel beginning noon! :boo:  I was a total lush by 4pm and couldn't concentrate anymore during my nakaka high blood na meeting at 5pm.  I capped the night with some Frank, Barbra singing Legrand and Jack plus a very special Opus One-lover. ;)

Now I have a really nasty cold! :lol:  Naka saplot naman ako buong gabi. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love being deliberately clueless :P

well you should see me with my thick antipara - kinda deceives people that I am a man of substance :lol:

well, that list-down of drinks made the spit in my mouth several notches more viscous as I haven't had a drop for 3 days running now. All I've had is a surfeit of music from my antique phonogram and the ever-reliable vinyl......

This is no one-night stand it's a real occasion.

Close your eyes and you'll be there.

It's everything they say.

The end of a perfect day,

Distant lights from across the bay.

Exactly a year ago today, if someone had told me that a thread with such an obscure topic would reach almost 200 pages in one year, I would have pressed my face close to his and muttered that maybe you have been drinking a lot of bad wines. :P

But somehow it has inserted itself into the consciousness of fellow geeks and non-geeks to the point that it has become gasp! ... quite a popular thread, or so I think hehe. If I persist in the illusion of being a knowledgable wine afficionado, it is only with the intent of sharing the magic that wine has given me.

It is with my humble apology that in obeying the "inscrutable exhortations of my soul", I have dragged all of you down this unending spiral of wine geekiness.

cheers, and many thanks! :P

Exactly a year ago today, if someone had told me that a thread with such an obscure topic would reach almost 200 pages in one year, I would have pressed my face close to his and muttered that maybe you have been drinking a lot of bad wines. :P

But somehow it has inserted itself into the consciousness of fellow geeks and non-geeks to the point that it has become gasp! ... quite a popular thread, or so I think hehe. If I persist in the illusion of being a knowledgable wine afficionado, it is only with the intent of sharing the magic that wine has given me.

It is with my humble apology that in obeying the "inscrutable exhortations of my soul", I have dragged all of you down this unending spiral of wine geekiness.

Cheers! Garcon! Pour this kind man another vin rouge - and put it on my tab! :lol:

Hey how do we get MTC to add yet another smiley - one hoisting a wine glass???

Bods, we have ALL been learning and growing in our appreciation for wine, thanks to this thread and to you.

Une boite du vin! Cheers to the many cabs, cab-savs, cab-sav shirazes, merlots, cab-merlot-shiraz, shirazes, zins, chards, bordeaux .... *hic* lasheng na ako ... hehe... bottles we, I have consumed since I posted on this thread a year ago. Cheers to good friends I have made, cheers to kind gestures and thoughts ... cheers to the kindred spirits that have made this thread "home." Yes, this is the best thread ever! Wahoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

And here's one song for the road .... perfect background (whether it is Sinatra or Streisand crooning) to an evening with your favorite wine and favorite someone .... between kisses and caresses .... between whispers and sighs ... between the liquid and the lips .... between skin and skin ... between here and magic .....

Summer Me, Winter Me

- Bergman/Bergman/Legrand-

Summer me, winter me

And with your kisses

Morning me, evening me

And as the world slips

Far away, star away

Forever me with love

Wonder me, wander me

Then by a fire

Pleasure me, peaceful me

And in the silence

Quietly, whisper me

Forever me with love

Forever me with love

And every day I'll

Gentle you, tender you

And oh, the way I'll

Velvet you, clover you

I'll wrap you up and

Ribbon you, rainbow you

And shower you with shine!

Suddenly, magically

We found each other

There we were, here we are

I plan to let you

Happy me, summer me

Winter me, always be mine!

Ahhhh yes, that phrase "pleasure me, peaceful me" just stands out ... be it vino or love it is all good! :D

Cheers! :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

10,000++ views and more than 1,800 replies do not make this topic obscure! we all know that for a fact!!!

Congratulations! looking forward to the next 10,000 views or the 2nd year, whichever comes first!

Hi to ALL...this loooong totally useless four day vacation (buti pa Holy week) is making my brain cells degenerate.

I have not made any progress in my pursuit of becomng an authority of wines.

I have not even managed to acquire a tongue for it. All theoretical stuff. But I am getting there.

Regards to all

Une boite du vin!  Cheers to the many cabs, cab-savs, cab-sav shirazes, merlots, cab-merlot-shiraz, shirazes, zins, chards, bordeaux .... *hic*  lasheng na ako ... hehe... bottles we, I have consumed since I posted on this thread a year ago.  Cheers to good friends I have made, cheers to kind gestures and thoughts ... cheers to the kindred spirits that have made this thread "home."  Yes, this is the best thread ever!  Wahoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Your presence on that very first page a year ago is still high up on my appreciation list :)

When I thought up this thread in the dead of night 365 days ago, little did I imagine that it was someone of your stature to help out in its first tentative baby-steps....

cheers! :*

It could be the best thread but only because it's got the best people around :cool:

Cheers! Garcon! Pour this kind man another vin rouge - and put it on my tab!  :lol:

Hey how do we get MTC to add yet another smiley - one hoisting a wine glass???

Bods, we have ALL been learning and growing in our appreciation for wine, thanks to this thread and to you.

The thread wouldn't have prospered without your erudite presence :P

That wineglass-toting smiley sure looks like a cool thing hehehe.....sana nga meron...

do we get to meet you and eagleeyes come September? Hmmmm, that's a nice month...

This rogue will pour you all the vin rouge you want :P

And here's one song for the road .... perfect background (whether it is Sinatra or Streisand crooning) to an evening with your favorite wine and favorite someone .... between kisses and caresses .... between whispers and sighs ... between the liquid and the lips .... between skin and skin ... between here and magic .....

Summer Me, Winter Me

- Bergman/Bergman/Legrand-

Summer me, winter me

And with your kisses

Morning me, evening me

And as the world slips

Far away, star away

Forever me with love

Wonder me, wander me

Then by a fire

Pleasure me, peaceful me

And in the silence

Quietly, whisper me

Forever me with love

Forever me with love

And every day I'll

Gentle you, tender you

And oh, the way I'll

Velvet you, clover you

I'll wrap you up and

Ribbon you, rainbow you

And shower you with shine!

Suddenly, magically

We found each other

There we were, here we are

I plan to let you

Happy me, summer me

Winter me, always be mine!

Ahhhh yes,  that phrase "pleasure me, peaceful me" just stands out ... be it vino or love it is all good! :D

Cheers!  :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:

Though I'm not familiar with the song, I instantly loved it for the way Legrand and Bergman played around with familiar words and phrases. The way they turned adjectives to verbs created some unexpected magic which can intensify an already magical evening.......

This reminds me of a song with my favorite lyrics, albeit irreverent. A song composed by an obscure rocker for his I suppose one and only album with, would you believe, the title Songs for The Hearing-Impaired. :blink:

I love you period.

Do you love me question mark?

Please, please, exclamation point!

(I wanna hold you in parenthesis).

:P

cheers, everyone!

10,000++ views and more than 1,800 replies do not make this topic obscure!  we all know that for a fact!!!

Congratulations!  looking forward to the next 10,000 views or the 2nd year, whichever comes first!

I'd rather have 10,000 replies and 10,000 views but it's just as good, pare! :thumbsupsmiley:

....whichever comes first, or until the vino runs out :P

This Friday? hehehe

uuuaaahhh!!! hard to catch up na!!... after a week of being out of touch! :( i feel OP na! hindi OT ha. :( ....

oh well...i am back!  :wacko:

so where have you been? :rolleyes:

welcome back!

nobody's OT or OP or whatever here :P

Hi to ALL...this loooong totally useless four day vacation (buti pa Holy week) is making my brain cells degenerate.

I have not made any progress in my pursuit of becomng an authority of wines.

I have not even managed to acquire a tongue for it.  All theoretical stuff.  But I am getting there.

Regards to all

In ten years of being enamored by wine, I myself realize that I have also not made too much progress in terms of being an authority or at least in describing the wine I drink. :blink: :lol:

you're in good company here because nobody here admits to being an authority :P :P

but I would assume that everyone has put their tongues to more practical uses - that is to just continue sipping wine even if it is sometimes beyond their eloquence or articulation. :P

Just for fun, I saw this on the Santa Cruz website:

How much alcohol?

Vinegar - a residual 3%

Beer - light beers 3 to 4%; mainstream beers and lagers 4 to 6%; specialty beers 10% or higher

Cordials and liqueur - between 24 and 30% (48 to 60proof)

Wine - between 7 and 14%; dessert wines 14 to 24%

Sake - 10 to 20%

Sherry, Port, Muscatel - between 17 and 24%

Liquors and Distilled Spirits - between 40 and 50% (80 to 100proof)

Overproof Rum - as stated on the bottle, usually 120 to 180proof :wacko:

Now what are specialty beers?

And what is overproof rum? :blink:

Read a story about the beginnings of Ravenswood. It seems that in 1976, winemaker Joel Peterson and a business partner scraped enough cash to buy premium grapes from a vineyard in East Dry Creek Valley. When Peterson got there in a borrowed pick-up, he saw the grapes strewn all over the vineyard and nobody to help him. Lightning soon struck and with the imminent rain, he decided to do the job all by himself. What made the situation strange was the presence of two ravens heckling him from a nearby tree.

It was later on that he realized that it was the Trickster God who played on him at the vineyard. The Trickster God is a folk deity celebrated by the Northwest Indians and it assumes the form of animals or birds. Peterson explains, "He makes things really tough, but in the long run he does good things for man and beasts." Which was true, because with the symbol or logo of the ravens which he adapted for his wine, Ravenswood would zoom out to be the iconic winery that it has become today.

post-16284-1122319020.gif

The thread wouldn't have prospered without your erudite presence :P

That wineglass-toting smiley sure looks like a cool thing hehehe.....sana nga meron...

do we get to meet you and eagleeyes come September? Hmmmm, that's a nice month...

This rogue will pour you all the vin rouge you want :P

I'm pretty sure I have to head out to Taiwan come end August/beginning September. And if at all possible I'll cordinate it with eagleeyes schedule. If I can make it I'll make sure to bring at least one buttle out of my stash. maybe the 2001 Retzlaff New Vines, or maybe one of my older bottles. I have a bunch that could stand to be opened and tasted right around now.......

I wonder who can do a wine-glass smiley for us? I'll see if I can make one up but since I am an engineer, not a graphic designer, I can't promise anything.

Just for fun, I saw this on the Santa Cruz website:

How much alcohol?

Vinegar - a residual 3%

Beer - light beers 3 to 4%; mainstream beers and lagers 4 to 6%; specialty beers 10% or higher

Sake - 10 to 20%

Overproof Rum - as stated on the bottle, usually 120 to 180proof :wacko:

Now what are specialty beers?

And what is overproof rum? :blink:

Specialty beers are the beers brewed in small quantities, usually at a microbrew. Also applied to many small-run European beers, such as Chimay or other Belgian beers.

Overproof rum is any rum that is over 80 proof, like Bacardi 151 (151 proof - 75.5% alcohol) .

The cask strength Talisker I've had is 90% (180 proof) straight out of the barrel. Impossible to drink straight (at least for me) and it's meant to be diluted 1:1 with distilled or purified mineral water.

Specialty beers are the beers brewed in small quantities, usually at a microbrew. Also applied to many small-run European beers, such as Chimay or other Belgian beers.

Overproof rum is any rum that is over 80 proof, like Bacardi 151 (151 proof - 75.5% alcohol) .

The cask strength Talisker I've had is 90% (180 proof) straight out of the barrel. Impossible to drink straight (at least for me) and it's meant to be diluted 1:1 with distilled or purified mineral water.

i think true rum is really overproofed since it was pressed from sugarcane that has been allowed to dry then distilled. thus there is hardly any moisture nor water left in it. i enjoy sipping the stuff, as well.

Sake - 10 to 20%

Overproof Rum - as stated on the bottle, usually 120 to 180proof

Masi on a roll with a Cab - 200 proof

Bods drinking with Masi - 150 proof

The three of us drinking Nuit - 300 proof each

Masi on a roll with a Cab -  200 proof

Bods drinking with Masi - 150 proof

The three of us drinking Nuit - 300 proof each

hey pinoy... dont need any proofing :lol: .. i will drink anything on sight!!!! add a few good people!!!! some great music and we'll pump up the volume and raise the roof!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by masi