buti ka pa, you can still read what's written on the label...me, have to wear my reading glasses na!!! :D

with all the labels to read and flavors to remember .... iisa pa rin a pupuntahan!!!!! LASHENG!!! in the end!!!! :lol: i'll drink to that !!!  :lol:

post fr... i woke up this morning either still drunk or a hangover... not of the wine but the wonderful evening i had!!!

Hahaha. Ako naman I had this really bad migraine yesterday which escalated last night because of you-know-what (hehe). Buti na lang this morning tanggal totally yang migraine na yan! Di ko tuloy malaman kung dahil sa alcohol na ininum ko yesterday or the sleep I had. :lol: Whichever way, it's all good! :thumbsupsmiley:

question for the week and weekend na rin!!!!

"other than a meal what is your favorite "barchow" with your wine?"

(mulitple anwers accepted... state the wine variety  and "chow")

mine would be jamon serrano (i can eat that now that wife is still out!!) and a cabernet sauvignon or a shiraz.

I'd go with a cabsav or a shiraz but nada barchow. Kinda want to appreciate the wine with unadulterated tastebuds dahil di pa learned ang aking panlalasa. :P The only wine I enjoy having food with is a Traminer Riesling which goes really fantabulously with Thai food! :cool:

Hahaha.  Ako naman I had this really bad migraine yesterday which escalated last night because of you-know-what (hehe).  Buti na lang this morning tanggal totally yang migraine na yan!  Di ko tuloy malaman kung dahil sa alcohol na ininum ko yesterday or the sleep I had. :lol:  Whichever way, it's all good!  :thumbsupsmiley:

I'd go with a cabsav or a shiraz but nada barchow.  Kinda want to appreciate the wine with unadulterated tastebuds dahil di pa learned ang aking panlalasa. :P  The only wine I enjoy having food with is a Traminer Riesling which goes really fantabulously with Thai food! :cool:

i have a cure for migraine, laughter and i mean until you fall off your chair. not that your bum would be the part that would hurt after but surely a good laugh cures all!!!! :lol: :lol:

pwede ba!!! like pulling the legs of the Fife I drank last night :wacko: !!! your tastebuds are not yet "learned"?! :huh: (pakibaba ang kilay ko!!!)

remind me that in the event we organize an eb, i hope this happens before eagleyes or agxo give us a visit, we ought to try something different like a "white" eb so we dont end up snobbing other varieties. it would be nice too if we come in "white", as well.

what say you, guys and gals?

i have a cure for migraine, laughter and i mean until you fall off your chair. not that your bum would be the part that would hurt after but surely a good laugh cures all!!!! :lol:  :lol:

pwede ba!!! like pulling the legs of the Fife I drank last night :wacko: !!! your tastebuds are not yet "learned"?!  :huh:  (pakibaba ang kilay ko!!!)

remind me that in the event we organize an eb, i hope this happens before eagleyes or agxo give us a visit, we ought to try something different like a "white" eb so we dont end up snobbing other varieties.  it would be nice too if we come in "white", as well.

Yes laughter is good but pare when you have a migraine eh lalong tumitindi yung migraine ata with all the blood rushing to the head! :lol:

Hmmm from what I am told eh you don't have kilay na ... so wala kang kilay na ibababa! :P But seriously so much practice pa for me to have a learned tongue! And I don't mean THAT kind of learned hah! In the context of vino tasting shempre! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes it would be great to drink whites ... I haven't had a whitey in a long time! Hayyy why do I feel the need to qualify that statement? :rolleyes: White Wine po. :lol: I'm in on the white garb since the white wine won't cause any major stain on my white clothes!

Hi!  I'm a lurker on this thread, and a while back, someone (Mr. axgo3, I think) was looking for a wine toasting smiley.

I found this: 

Cheers!  And here's to more reviews!

If Zuchini is too far, you guys can also visit the other sister restaurants of the Werdenberg group: Carpaccio, Bianca's (both on Yakal st., Makati), and Nouvo (Dasmarinas Village, accross the church).

wow pare that's a great smiley! thanks a lot - I wonder how we can use that....

thanks for returning to the thread. Was that your avatar before? - but hey I love Alfred Neuman - always has :P What? Me worry? hehe

Before they said that Alfred Neuman looked a lot like Prince Charles - still does, you know - but now he looks a lot like George W. Bush :wacko: and I don't know how this post is related to wine :lol:

agxo and bods would buy you a bottle for the smiley!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

thanks for the info on zuchini (no wonder zuchini sounds familiar)... i would sometimes hop over to bianca's for lunch!!! they have good set lunch there and sometimes they would have specials like lamb and aussie beef!!!!  during the beaujolais nouveau months they have the young wines on offer.  read this too: http://slate.msn.com/?id=2074387

don't lurk.. you're contributions are well appreciated here!!!  thanks!

pare pag nagpakita sa atin si floppy, hindi lang bote but tapas too like callos...hmmm which reminds me - thanks a lot, pare!!

No wonder you can't put a name and a place to it - you're spelling it with a single C - it is correctly spelled as Zucccchini :lol:

Boo! :lol:  Good heavens I thought my spelling skills were failing me!  I had to double check how to spell Zucchini! :lol:  And I spelled it correctly the first time. :D  Double C po.

I've had lunch at Bianca's and Carpaccio as well and I have to say the menu at Zucchini is different as well as the interiors and ambiance. :D

Just got out of my meeting ... leche Friday na Friday eh sagabal sa gimik itong trabaho! :lol:  Hope you guys have a good one this evening!  Am heading home. :)

We sure did! great food, great drinks, great company - nothing more you'd would wish for - that's heaven on earth :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by bods1000

agxo - that was a real exhaustive posting. Thanks a lot - very informative. I learned quite a bit from the accompanying winery notes as I don't have the werewithal to get my hands on those wines. :P

I thought the Marilyn Merlot was a new thing - matagal na pala ito.

Now how about an Uma Uva? or a J-Lo Pinot? Or a Zsa Zsa Zin, for that matter :lol:

Is it common now for wine companies to outsource their grapes much like Nike doesn't have it's own factory to make stuff?  Or does this indicate a much lesser quality wine?  I can drink a Carlo Rossi (if forced to) but never would I touch a Novellino (grapes from Italy, blended and bottled in northern Manila).

I used to think that all wineries raised their own grapes. Apparently this is not the case. Quite a lot of wineries now just buy grapes from trusted and dependable vineyard grower - a lot of big wineries too.

The growers should be able to deliver grapes at a certain brix level specified by the winemaker.

i had a great start to my weekend!  midweek some friends started phoning and prepared for the usual stuff we love doing... drink.  we agreed  to have simple evening of wine, smoke and club music of the 80s and 90's at my humble abode.  some started to arrive at 9pm, so while waiting for the rest, we popped the cork of a Bridgewater Mill 2001 Millstone Shiraz 3 Districts (Australian) and let it breathe.  in the meantime, we tooka few shots of Glenfiddic Single Malt and some tapas which i bought from a spanish deli.  we had callos, octopus in olive oil and garlic, chorizo and chapata (toast). the callos was a must have since it's a personal favorite of one friend.

i've had a Millstone Shiraz before  but yet i dont think i will ever leave this variety.  it's so prolific and gratifying to the nose and the palate!  d ko katulad as dry as a puto seco :P

everyone was accounted for by the time we toppled the Millstone, so we popped a Fife Scarlet 2000 Napa Valley.  it had a mid-purple color. the nose was vibrant and a few swirls revealed it's long legs ala Maria Sharapova :* . i had quite a few  of the whiskey and shiraz already so my tastebuds were denying me the privilege of tasting its full glamour. friends gave their opinion... just like congress in plenary, i got several desciptions... plum, earthy, spicy (this i thought so too). the finish was smooth!

when you are having fun... you wouldnt want anything to end, so i opened a Raimat Pinot Noir 1998 (Spanish), a new-old world.  i was battle weary having been beaten black and blue by the Glen, Millstone and the Fife by this time... but my competitive spirit  told me to do a few more rounds with this Spanish senorita!!!  Like a young Penelope Cruz, the Raimat was floral,  and lively... too bad i am a bruised old man with a rep*tation not to be BAD (as my pare would say Balding And DOMish!).  The Raimat was medium red with light purple hues.  This is all a can say of the wine as my tastebuds were already delirious and in a state of chaos.

like any great event, the night had to end before 2a.m. so did the Raimat.  With the friends I have, all i can say is life is truly worth living and I have so much to be thankful for!!!

That was one great report, pare! With every FR, you seem to be getting better and better.

You are now solemnly appointed as the Official Chronicler of All Things Related to Events where Wine and Barchow are Present and with More Than Two People, Drunk or Otherwise, in Attendance. :lol:

Hanggang ngayon naglalaway ako when I think of the callos - I better score a can or two of those together with the fulpo al ajillo (tama ba? hehe).

The Fife was excellent, the company even better!!!

Can't wait for the next one hehehe...

Floppydrive, pardon my ignorance but exactly what industry might that be? :unsure:

Senyorrrrrrrrrr ... ganda naman ng FR!  I can totally relate with the "i-can't-taste-the-wine-anymore" syndrome. :blink:  That's why I usually stick with just one or two at the most for the whole night so my tastebuds don't get all too confused! :lol:  I haven't reached the stage of a sophisticated palate yet to be able to enjoy the differences of 3-4 labels a night ... currently eh kapag 3 or more kinds eh ang alam ko lang malakas na amats ko!

Ako I really don't care na how many labels I drink in one sitting kasi hanggang ngayon ang bobo pa din ng palate ko :P All I know is that it's either excellent or a Carlo Rossi-copycat hehehe....

pareng masi I had no hangover like last time - tama pala na dapat inuuna natin yung Glen before the wines - not like before when it was the reverse :wacko: That felt like my head was listening to "...the mechanized hum of another world." :lol:

question for the week and weekend na rin!!!!

"other than a meal what is your favorite "barchow" with your wine?"

(mulitple anwers accepted... state the wine variety  and "chow")

mine would be jamon serrano (i can eat that now that wife is still out!!) and a cabernet sauvignon or a shiraz.

I used to have cheese but after my last blood chem, I'm staying away from the stuff. I'm giving a thought to having callos with it but not the baby octopus as according to someone, the palate turned "malansa" when you washed it down with red :sick:

remind me that in the event we organize an eb, i hope this happens before eagleyes or agxo give us a visit, we ought to try something different like a "white" eb so we dont end up snobbing other varieties.  it would be nice too if we come in "white", as well.

that should be interesting pare but why should we come in white? Baka pag nalasing ako I might see a white lady ha hehehe....takot ako sa ghost pero yung ghost na kasama natin hindi ako takot kasi maingay at madaming La Salle and Erap jokes :lol: :lol:

I'm all for it - I have a lot of semillons and dry verdelho at home - gonna check muna if they're still alright hehehe....

Yes laughter is good but pare when you have a migraine eh lalong tumitindi yung migraine ata with all the blood rushing to the head! :lol:

Hmmm from what I am told eh you don't have kilay na ... so wala kang kilay na ibababa! :P  But seriously so much practice pa for me to have a learned tongue!  And I don't mean THAT kind of learned hah!  In the context of vino tasting shempre! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes it would be great to drink whites ... I haven't had a whitey in a long time!  Hayyy why do I feel the need to qualify that statement? :rolleyes:  White Wine po. :lol:  I'm in on the white garb since the white wine won't cause any major stain on my white clothes!

wow! now you are the only lady in white that I would want to see :)

now before I forget it - pareng masi, congrats on being the first on Page 200 :lol:

Painom ka naman dyan!!!

Edited by bods1000
agxo - that was a real exhaustive posting. Thanks a lot - very informative. I learned quite a bit from the accompanying winery notes as I don't have the werewithal to get my hands on those wines. :P

I thought the Marilyn Merlot was a new thing - matagal na pala ito.

Now how about an Uma Uva? or a J-Lo Pinot? Or a Zsa Zsa Zin, for that matter :lol:

that marilyn merlot may have a matching cigar produced by tabacalera ... monica lewinsky!!! tabacalera produced them.

that should be interesting pare but why should we come in white? Baka pag nalasing ako I might see a white lady ha hehehe....takot ako sa ghost pero yung ghost na kasama natin hindi ako takot kasi maingay at madaming La Salle and Erap jokes :lol:  :lol:

I'm all for it - I have a lot of semillons and dry verdelho at home - gonna check muna if they're still alright hehehe....

ok, pare.. that white affair is a done deal (just white shirts ha! kasi pagnag white pants baka lalong d pupunta si lipstick and masyado na akong BAD !!!! let's just set a date but make sure everyone goes to the event .. baka ibang white ladies ang magdatingan :boo:

if the white is alright will be a success... will do a rose that's ok! naman! pwede na tayong maging events manager pare!

now before I forget it - pareng masi, congrats on being the first on Page 200 :lol:

Painom ka naman dyan!!!

did I?! what is more significant is you got the #2000 post, pare!!! sige papainom ako ngayon gabi!!! B)

But seriously so much practice pa for me to have a learned tongue!  And I don't mean THAT kind of learned hah!  In the context of vino tasting shempre! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes it would be great to drink whites ... I haven't had a whitey in a long time!  Hayyy why do I feel the need to qualify that statement? :rolleyes:  White Wine po. :lol:  I'm in on the white garb since the white wine won't cause any major stain on my white clothes!

kaya i envy those who could really break the structure of the wine! in my case i am not trying hard just a hopeless case.

so the white night is on... now if we could only pick a date!!!! suggestments? :lol:

lipstick, the white wine goes to the same place as you would in red... through the mouth not on the blouse....hihihihihihi! (peace sistah!!!) :goatee:

just making you laugh senorita since mukhang d ka tumawa kahapon because of your headache!!! seems like your sungit meter yesterday was longer the EDSA!!! speaking of which, traffic congestion was heavier last night compared to other nights... sweldo? akin ubos na!!! hahahahah!!!! :lol:

That was one great report, pare! With every FR, you seem to be getting better and better.

You are now solemnly appointed as the Official Chronicler of All Things Related to Events where Wine and Barchow are Present and with More Than Two People, Drunk or Otherwise, in Attendance. :lol:

Hanggang ngayon naglalaway ako when I think of the callos - I better score a can or two of those together with the fulpo al ajillo (tama ba? hehe).

yup its a fulpo al ajillo...there is something octupus and squid somehow dont match to drinking even with coke! but goes well with sake!

whatever we do, lets be more adventurous! we can have single malt night (which is a been there, been that! as erap puts it), blended scotch night, rum night (mojito included at cafe havana), etc... ooops! better be careful with what i type as this thread might be merged with AA!!!! :)

I guess, no matter how good the wine ... the people around you are simply much better!!!!

I dont remember being drunk last night tipsy and upbeat, i would say!!! next time i will use a smaller glass so i drink less than you guys....

ok, pare.. that white affair is a done deal (just white shirts ha!  kasi pagnag white pants baka lalong d pupunta si lipstick and masyado na akong BAD !!!!  let's just set a date but make sure everyone  goes to the event .. baka ibang white ladies ang magdatingan :boo:

if the white is alright will be a success... will do a rose that's ok! naman!  pwede na tayong maging events manager pare!

did I?!  what is more significant is you got the #2000 post, pare!!!  sige papainom ako ngayon gabi!!!  B)

did I? Monologue King kasi ako kanina eh :P

I think may nawalang posts because hindi na ikaw ang una sa Page 200. I wonder what happened? :unsure:

Anyway, not that it matters hehehe as long as we got drunk last night :P

cheers!

yeah kelan yung White Night hehehe

hindi ba may pelikula dating White Nights?

did I? Monologue King kasi ako kanina eh :P

I think may nawalang posts because hindi na ikaw ang una sa Page 200. I wonder what happened? :unsure:

Anyway, not that it matters hehehe as long as we got drunk last night :P

cheers!

yeah kelan yung White Night hehehe

hindi ba may pelikula dating White Nights?

were you hit? how was your drive going home? as i mentioned, i was tipsy and high spirited!!!

white nights? pare, beats me, i'm not a movie fan like pinoy or others who may be.

d rin naman ako sumubok ng white castle!!!! hahhaahha

yup its a fulpo al ajillo...there is something  octupus and squid somehow dont match to drinking even with coke!  but goes well with sake!

whatever we do, lets be more adventurous!  we can have single malt night (which is a been there, been that! as erap puts it), blended scotch night, rum night (mojito included at cafe havana), etc...  ooops! better be careful with what i type as this thread might be merged with AA!!!! :)

I guess, no matter how good the wine ... the people around you are simply much better!!!!

I dont remember being drunk last night tipsy and upbeat, i would say!!!  next time i will use a smaller glass so i drink less than you guys....

I also did not get drunk as I still remembered the fulpo's name :goatee:

I wonder what goes with squid or octopus - perhaps agxo would know...

Let's keep it within wines, pare. Say a Pinot Night, or a Cabernet Sauvignon Night, or a Shiraz Night. A Zinfandel Night, even a Merlot Night :sick:

We can even do what agxo has been doing there - a Bad Wine Night! :boo: Imagine bringing Carlo, Novellino, Franzia, Sophia, Chinese cough syrup, Indian hash :sick: :sick: :sick:

Tingnan natin kung sino may pinakamalakas na sikmura :lol:

were you hit? how was your drive going home?  as i mentioned, i was tipsy and high spirited!!!

white nights?  pare, beats me, i'm not a movie fan like pinoy or others who may be.

I did not get drunk, or so I thought. You know what, I got lost in a certain part of the city - didn't know if I was going south or north, or east or west hahaha.....For a while, I lost my bearings don't know why :lol:

yes it starred Gregory Hines and some other more famous guy I forgot who. I think it had Isabella Rossellini in it - my, she's so beautiful. Nasan na ba yung film buff nating si ghost? B)

White Castle ba? I think we had that in my younger years.

We sure did! great food, great drinks, great company - nothing more you'd would wish for - that's heaven on earth  :thumbsupsmiley:

Oh so magkasama kayo ni Senyor kagabi?????? Aba may nangyayaring Secret Society Of Wine ah! At bakit hindi na naman ako imbitado???? :huh:

You boys have some serious explaining to do to me .... :lol: AWARD! Kidding aside, I had such a baaadddddd migraine I would've been awful company (although the friends I went drinking with last night didn't seem to mind my crabbiness! :lol:).

Ok so this post confirms the shindig that went down! And this post acutally makes you BODS the squealer! :lol: Teka so nag improve ba ang attendance ninyo? Sabi mo kasi "the company even better" so unless Masi wore shorts and showed his kinis legs eh I suspect may dumating na makinis ang legs! :lol: Dali kwento niyo na sa akin sino yannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!! :P

that should be interesting pare but why should we come in white? Baka pag nalasing ako I might see a white lady ha hehehe....takot ako sa ghost pero yung ghost na kasama natin hindi ako takot kasi maingay at madaming La Salle and Erap jokes :lol:  :lol:

Maraming white ladies daw dito near my house Bods ... kaya wag ka mapapadpad banda Balete after midnight! :rolleyes:

Painom ka naman dyan!!!

Uuuy touch naman ako nyan :blush: Kahit floating in the air like the real white lady? :lol:

ok, pare.. that white affair is a done deal (just white shirts ha!  kasi pagnag white pants baka lalong d pupunta si lipstick and masyado na akong BAD !!!!  let's just set a date but make sure everyone  goes to the event .. baka ibang white ladies ang magdatingan :boo:

if the white is alright will be a success... will do a rose that's ok! naman!  pwede na tayong maging events manager pare!

did I?!  what is more significant is you got the #2000 post, pare!!!  sige papainom ako ngayon gabi!!!  B)

Ok Senyor I just had this really graphic image of you boys in white tops, slacks and shoes. :ohmy: Not a pretty sight!!!!! BAD na BAD ang dating! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

kaya i envy those who could really break the structure of the wine!  in my case i am not trying hard just a hopeless case.

so the white night is on... now if we could only pick a date!!!! suggestments? :lol:

lipstick, the white wine goes to the same place as you would in red... through the mouth not on the blouse....hihihihihihi! (peace sistah!!!) :goatee:

just making you laugh senorita since mukhang d ka tumawa kahapon because of your headache!!!  seems like your sungit meter yesterday was longer the EDSA!!!  speaking of which, traffic congestion was heavier last night compared to other nights... sweldo?  akin ubos na!!! hahahahah!!!! :lol:

I know nourishments in the form of food and drinks are meant to land in the mouth and not on ones clothes! But I am such a clumsy girl! I swear! Kahit ingat na ingat ako eh I still cannot escape those spaltters! Minsan in the last 30seconds pa nangyayari! ^_^

were you hit? how was your drive going home?  as i mentioned, i was tipsy and high spirited!!!

white nights?  pare, beats me, i'm not a movie fan like pinoy or others who may be.

Pare naman, ikaw nga yung Culture Vulture dito ... danes mo knowing yang White Nights???? Baryshnikov pare! And Gregory Hines! Plus Isabelle Rosselini pa! Damn that woman is just such a classic beauty like her mother. :heart:

Let's keep it within wines, pare. Say a Pinot Night, or a Cabernet Sauvignon Night, or a Shiraz Night. A Zinfandel Night, even a Merlot Night :sick:

We can even do what agxo has been doing there - a Bad Wine Night! :boo: Imagine bringing Carlo, Novellino, Franzia, Sophia, Chinese cough syrup, Indian hash :sick:  :sick:  :sick:

Ok the BAD WINE night is one night I would be absolutely happy not to get invited to! :lol:

Oh so magkasama kayo ni Senyor kagabi?????? Aba may nangyayaring Secret Society Of Wine ah!  At bakit hindi na naman ako imbitado????  :huh:

You boys have some serious explaining to do to me .... :lol:  AWARD!  Kidding aside, I had such a baaadddddd migraine I would've been awful company (although the friends I went drinking with last night didn't seem to mind my crabbiness! :lol:).

abah! pitumpu't pitong beses ka na naming invite hindi ka po sumisipot. Kahit anino mo po hindi pa namin nakikita. Siguro mauuna pang magkaroon ng masarap na Chinese wine bago ka lumitaw :lol:

abah at sino kaya ang hindi uminom, aber? Buti pa yung iba sinasamahan mo - kaming mga tinuring mo pa naman na favorites hindi mo man lang mapaunlakan ng iyong....(psssst...quick - ano sa tagalog yung presence?)

AWAAAARD!!! :lol:

We can even do what agxo has been doing there - a Bad Wine Night! :boo: Imagine bringing Carlo, Novellino, Franzia, Sophia, Chinese cough syrup, Indian hash :sick:  :sick:  :sick:

bad wine night? if we call that eb it would seem that it would just be the 2 of us once more! :lol: ok to keep it all under wines. but since i practically drink anything, i was simply pushing my luck. :P

I did not get drunk, or so I thought. You know what, I got lost in a certain part of the city - didn't know if I was going south or north, or east or west hahaha.....For a while, I lost my bearings don't know why :lol:

yes it starred Gregory Hines and some other more famous guy I forgot who. I think it had Isabella Rossellini in it - my, she's so beautiful. Nasan na ba yung film buff nating si ghost?  B)

White Castle ba? I think we had that in my younger years.

pare, i wouldnt be surprise if you got lost... with new traffic schemes popping all around the metro, i wouldnt want to venture out anymore especially at night pa! kaya dalas dalasan mo dito sa SJ para d ka na maligaw!

i told you pare, the last movie i watched was madagascar... "i like to move it!" these are the type of movies i watch... unless you like to borrow my tiger woods 3 dvd collection? anyone? :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by masi