There you go, Your Honor. The ravishing lady is again maligning whatever shred of rep*tation I still have. It's high time we throw her out of the bar hehehe.....

Para ngang over-over protected na kami eh hehehe....yung ectoplast naman ang bantayan mo bago yun magsabog ng lagim dito :boo: You know we have to entertain all those who wish to lounge in our wine cellar :rolleyes:

pare, we can't throw her out!!! she's our raison d'etre. sa tindi ng OT post dito patong patong na dapat warning natin. buti nga may guardian angel tayo :hypocritesmiley: :P so bods, dont object or you'll be in contempt.... carlo rossi for you !!! :wacko: and dont ask for a fair trial coz you're not gonna get 1!!! :boo: :lol: :P guilty ka na nga fair trial pa gusto mo!!!! :boo:

overprotected?! matagal ko na naririnig yan na may sumusunod sa atin... e palagay ko anino lang natin yon!!! :rolleyes: :lol:

They used to have their store in Galleria but now it is in Horseshoe village...I really got to go there sometime and use HINT's wealth of information...

while driving around horseshoe a few weekends back, i saw a sign (not the song)...the winery. I was curious but not that curious to check it out. perhaps we could do an expedition any weeknight and see what's inside. call ka?

Edited by masi
you better stay quiet on that St. Hugo as some beguiling lurker here might perk up hehe...

Wahahaha too late! I already sent the AkyatBahayGangInSearchOfASt.Hugo down south na! :lol:

hey hold your zebras!! anong tatlo - isang beses pa lang ako sumablay ano hehehe

Your Honor, this fair damsel is imputing falsities on my person!!! hehehe

papano kikinis yun eh nababalutan ng balahibo hita ng mga yon dibadibs??

It's pyrotechnic only because the subject I'm referring to is highly-explosive in terms of charms and wit.....

para ngang may nabasa din akong asparagus dun pero I forgot na - bulong mo nga sa akin hehehe...

That came from a very authoritative resource person.....

at may kinakarir nga si Casper!!!??? bulong mo na din kung sino hehehe

yes pigs are like that...kahit fraction lang nung ability nya I could pass on happy na..

I think it comes from practice - pigs muck around all day in the mud hehehe :evil:

I wanna muck around na tuloy!!!!

Isang beses??? Eh ayon sa backread ko eh tatlong beses na :P

Pati mga babaeng yabmubs ay hirsute sa hita??? :lol: Hmm eh di pwede mag ganchillo! :upside:

Naks bods ... blushy blushy ako pero ... hehehe AWARD pa rin!

Hi H-O-L, I know it's OT, but I'm desperate.  :)  Do you have any idea where to get this dark Bavarian wheat beer called Aventinus? It's from the Schneider and Sohn brewery.

I was going to give you a nice spanking for being OT boibastos but then I would have to spank everyone in the thread too kasi lahat kami OT! :lol:

Defendant bods, your comments are out of order!!!! uso ngayon ang trial by publicity (ala s.cam)!!!kung sinabi ni lipstick 3x ka sumablay you are as guilty as rumored!!  so prove your innocence which i think you could but i will overrule!!!! unless mag painom ka and this judge will consider your appeal!!!! :lol:

which one about the asparagus... 'cos asparagus (read as far as) i am concerned all i know about asparagus is it has  high uric acid content... on the swallowing part... well that i have to dig deeper!!!!  but considering that the comment came from a  very authoritative resource person , i  submit!!!!! ;)

i still cant forget that elephant by the riverbank in thailand!!! :lol:

Hahaha nabibili ka pala Judge Masi! :P Asparagus is known to make certain body fluids taste a little "off" while pineapple and apple sweeten the honey! :rolleyes: You really have a fixation with those elepantes! Sure ka hindi elepanties? :hypocritesmiley:

really? i didnt know that  nanbantei fastfoodish!  my jap clients and i go there for the yakitori, and they say that it's pretty authentic.  at any rate, you have to admit that the miso dipping sauce is good! d ba!!!  sayang ililibre ko pa naman ikaw dun.. e since ayaw mo pala dun... :unsure: another place where the dipping sauce is so sarap is this korean resto in mimosa!!

The Nanbantei in GB3 is very authentic.  Unfortunately, I think they overcook their bbq's here.  Funny, it wasn't like that when they were in Polaris.  Maybe they have someone else manning the griller.  But between the yakitori in GB3 Nanbantei and Kikufuji, I'd go for Kikufuji.  The servings are juicier!  Wala lang ngang miso dipping sauce sa KF.  Personally, I prefer the yakitori cooked shio style (grilled with salt).

If it's an indication, there are more Japanese eating in Kikufuji than in Nanbantei.  Shochu and sake really go well with this cuisine.  Maybe we should have a WEB to compare Shochu, shiraz and sake.  :upside:

Nanbantei fastfoodish??? hmmm well I give you some leeway in your observation since you do know your cuisine hehehe

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ... wahahahhaha sorry po :( Daming Nanbantei fans pala dito. Didn't mean to offend anyone's fine palate but the one time I had dinner in Nanbantei Greenbelt3 (year 2003), I was not at all impressed with their yakitori nor their teriyaki cod (plus the other dishes we ordered). It could've been an off night for them and it could also be because they had just opened then. It was passable but in a fastfood way, feeling ko parang kumain ako sa Tokyo Tokyo that night.

*peace* :)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ... wahahahhaha sorry po :( Daming Nanbantei fans pala dito.  Didn't mean to offend anyone's fine palate but the one time I had dinner in Nanbantei Greenbelt3 (year 2003), I was not at all impressed with their yakitori nor their teriyaki cod (plus the other dishes we ordered).  It could've been an off night for them and it could also be because they had just opened then.  It was passable but in a fastfood way, feeling ko parang kumain ako sa Tokyo Tokyo that night.

*peace*  :)

no harm no foul! :) no matter how good it may get, there will always be something better!

The basic curry powder from Thailand tastes very different from the other curries.  This has the biggest effect on authenticity.  Then you also have several types - yellow, green, red - all having different tastes and degrees of spciyness.  To complicate things further, the taste is also affected by the other ingredients put in - eggplant, corn, mushroom, etc aside from the meats.  The leaves too have an effect.

Yup. Thai curries don't use curry powder but curry paste (pounded chilies) and the paste is dictated on the type/color of chili used. Haha why do I feel like it gets more complicated as we discuss the merits/possibility of having authentic Thai food in the P.I.? :blink: I just really miss Thai food, I grew up on it and my palate was shaped against the Thai flavors profile.

There you go, Your Honor. The ravishing lady is again maligning whatever shred of rep*tation I still have. It's high time we throw her out of the bar hehehe.....

buti hindi ka humirit ng sagot sa "presence". Hindi lang BLONDE yung sagot mo - anak-araw na talaga!

Your Honor, I suggest we give the fair damsel an ALBINO counsel hehehe....

Para ngang over-over protected na kami eh hehehe....yung ectoplast naman ang bantayan mo bago yun magsabog ng lagim dito :boo: You know we have to entertain all those who wish to lounge in our wine cellar :rolleyes:

Haha sige try and throw the bar wench out kundi kayo pulutin sa kangkungan! :angry:

:lol: Hahahaha you are going to need an industrial caterpillar to drag me out ... the same one you will use to drag me to the PWE! :lol:

Errr yung ectoplasmic field ay walang sira po kaya dito ako nakatambay. :P

yes! thanks a lot, HINT! we need more of those posts....ang dami kong natutunan dun ah..

there was a poster here before, i forgot the handle, and he's connected with this wine store that specializes just in German/Austrian wines. They used to have their store in Galleria but now it is in Horseshoe village...I really got to go there sometime and use HINT's wealth of information...

at ikaw pa ang napikon ha??? aber, sino kaya ang tinulugan ako??? buti na lang mahaba pasensya ko hehehe

Heto na nga mga awards mo!!! So where will you host your Post Awards Night hehehe

Hahaha nagpaparinig na si BODS! Tularan natin ang post ni HOL at hindi kung ano anong OT na bagay na pinaguusapan natin dito Masi! Eh nagkakalat lang daw tayo ng useless non-wine chika! :lol:

I think the member who used to post here connected with that German/Austrian wine store is "ric 8."

Magiisip muna ako Bods kung saan pwede gawin yung Victory Party :rolleyes:

pare, we can't throw her out!!! she's our raison d'etre.  sa tindi ng OT post dito patong patong na dapat warning natin. buti nga may guardian angel tayo :hypocritesmiley:  :P  so bods, dont object or you'll be in contempt.... carlo rossi for you !!! :wacko:  and dont ask for a fair trial coz you're not gonna get 1!!! :boo:  :lol:  :P  guilty ka na nga fair trial pa gusto mo!!!! :boo:

overprotected?! matagal ko na naririnig yan na may sumusunod sa atin... e palagay ko anino lang natin yon!!! :rolleyes:  :lol:

while driving around horseshoe a few weekends back, i saw a sign (not the song)...the winery.  I was curious but not that curious to check it out.  perhaps we could do an expedition any weeknight and see what's inside.  call ka?

Tama ang isip ko dito kay Masi ... di lang IQ mataas, pati na rin EQ! Hehe. Isipin ninyo na lang you are paying paying for "protection" when I make kalat here in this thread :P

<_<

oh no way!!! baka pagkamalan kong kortina sa ccp main theater pa yan!!!! <_<

:lol: :lol: :lol: Haha lola undies are like ele-panties. B)

Yup.  Thai curries don't use curry powder but curry paste (pounded chilies) and the paste is dictated on the type/color of chili used.  Haha why do I feel like it gets more complicated as we discuss the merits/possibility of having authentic Thai food in the P.I.? :blink:  I just really miss Thai food, I grew up on it and my palate was shaped against the Thai flavors profile.

Haha sige try and throw the bar wench out kundi kayo pulutin sa kangkungan!  :angry:

:lol:  Hahahaha you are going to need an industrial caterpillar to drag me out ... the same one you will use to drag me to the PWE! :lol:

Hahaha nagpaparinig na si BODS!  Tularan natin ang post ni HOL at hindi kung ano anong OT na bagay na pinaguusapan natin dito Masi!  Eh nagkakalat lang daw tayo ng useless non-wine chika! :lol:

Tama ang isip ko dito kay Masi ... di lang IQ mataas, pati na rin EQ!  Hehe.  Isipin ninyo na lang you are paying paying for "protection" when I make kalat here in this thread :P

you ought to try benjarong at dusit they have a set menu (that's what i used last time i ate there with family since i dont have a clue when it comes to thai cuisine). spices kasi halo halo may thai, yabmub, etc.

pareng bods, pagsamahin man natin si tarzan, fantastic 4, hulk, samson, hercules, and bernardo carpio, lipstick wont budge from this thread! not that we want her to! :thumbsupsmiley:

bods, siguro kung pm mo na lang kami to stop being OT, we can take the hint! right, lipstick? :cry: :P dont worry we'll pm you back as well "same to you" for your OT posts, too! :lol: :P

ate, i dont need any IQ or EQ (isnt this a brand of diapers? :lol:), high or low... cork screw lang, bote at baso, magkakaintindihan na tayo!!!! (now where is that wine smiley!).. mamasang pala si lipstick ng wine savvy!

you ought to try benjarong at dusit they have a set menu (that's what i used last time i ate there with family since i dont have a clue when it comes to thai cuisine). spices kasi halo halo may thai, yabmub, etc.

pareng bods, pagsamahin man natin si tarzan, fantastic 4, hulk, samson, hercules, and bernardo carpio, lipstick wont budge from this thread!  not that we want her to! :thumbsupsmiley: 

bods, siguro kung pm mo na lang kami to stop being OT, we can take the hint!  right, lipstick?  :cry:  :P  dont worry we'll pm you back as well "same to you" for your OT posts, too! :lol:  :P

ate, i dont need any IQ or EQ (isnt this a brand of diapers? :lol:), high or low... cork screw lang, bote at baso, magkakaintindihan na tayo!!!!  (now where is that wine smiley!).. mamasang pala si lipstick ng wine savvy!

Been to Benjarong and yes masharapppp sya. Di ka nagbabasa hah Masi! Natulog ka na naman sa pancitan! I said in some previous post that aside from the Hotel F&B outlets eh wala pa akong natitikman na super sarap/authentic na Thai Food. :P

Exchoose me ... am not a mamasang hah! :angry: I am the bar wench! :lol: So para hindi tayo OT ..... dahil super lakas ang ulan sa labas Masi (can you see it from your window????) parang masarap uminom ng isang full bodied RED (wine hah hindi redhead :P) ano? Lech ubos na stash ko here at the office ... would've wanted to open a bottle now while posting and watching the city covered in raindrops from my 34th floor window.

Been to Benjarong and yes masharapppp sya.  Di ka nagbabasa hah Masi!  Natulog ka na naman sa pancitan!  I said in some previous post that aside from the Hotel F&B outlets eh wala pa akong natitikman na super sarap/authentic na Thai Food. :P

Exchoose me ... am not a mamasang hah! :angry:  I am the bar wench!  :lol:  So para hindi tayo OT ..... dahil super lakas ang ulan sa labas Masi (can you see it from your window????) parang masarap uminom ng isang full bodied RED (wine hah hindi redhead :P) ano?  Lech ubos na stash ko here at the office ... would've wanted to open a bottle now while posting and watching the city covered in raindrops from my 34th floor window.

sinabi ko naman kasi i only compute with a corkscrew on 1 hand a bottle on the other! (now where is that wine glass holding smiley!!!) :angry:

when that rain fell, i was near my home and i couldnt go down to open the gate so i just stayed in the car and let the rain fall as i muni muni :wub: (havent done that in a loooooooonnnnnnggggggg time) pambihira ka! magimbita ka huli na susunod agahan mo para makadami!!!! :P

Edited by masi
"If Mohammed cannot come to the mountain, then the mountain shall come to Mohammed!"  So guys, better get that PWE tray cart and let's head over to the 34th floor!

Now this threat seriously scared me! :blink:

:lol:

sinabi ko naman kasi i only compute with a corkscrew on 1 hand a bottle on the other! (now where is that wine glass holding smiley!!!) :angry:

when that rain fell, i was near my home and i couldnt go down to open the gate so i just stayed in the car and let the rain fall as i muni muni  :wub: (havent done that in a loooooooonnnnnnggggggg time)  pambihira ka! magimbita ka huli na susunod agahan mo para makadami!!!!  :P

Hehe sarap ng rain kanina ano? I went home sober while my girls at work were dead drunk on beer after 2hours of drinking at the 12th floor. :blink: They would've wanted to drink wine daw but a certain gentleman hasn't sent them their stash for the month daw. :lol: Lintek mga bata kong to oo! Abusado! hahaha.

So tell me what wines go best with the rain like the ones we had early this evening? :rolleyes:

Now this threat seriously scared me! :blink:

:lol:

Hehe sarap ng rain kanina ano?  I went home sober while my girls at work were dead drunk on beer after 2hours of drinking at the 12th floor. :blink:  They would've wanted to drink wine daw but a certain gentleman hasn't sent them their stash for the month daw. :lol:  Lintek mga bata kong to oo!  Abusado! hahaha.

So tell me what wines go best with the rain like the ones we had early this evening? :rolleyes:

with that early evening downpour i should say a light flirtatious, mystical red would do the trick... a tempranillo (a lively flirt. like the 1 bods and i had at barcino's and the rain fell then, too), or a pinot noir (mysterious, tempting, sophisticated.. (like the lady who smiles at me whenever we queue at the elevators or at starbucks) or a merlot (experienced, inviting but not exactly there)! :goatee:

with that early evening downpour i should say a light flirtatious, mystical red would do the trick... a tempranillo (a lively flirt. like the 1 bods and i had at barcino's and the rain fell then, too), or a pinot noir (mysterious, tempting, sophisticated.. like the lady who smiles at me whenever we queue at the elevators or at starbucks) or a merlot (experienced, inviting but not exactly there)! :goatee:

Parang I never would want to be classified as a Merlot chick if that's how one would be defined! :lol: And what labels and vintage would you recommend for each? Leave out the merlot ... di ko type yung "not exactly there" ... parang bitin. :lol:

Parang I never would want to be classified as a Merlot chick if that's how one would be defined!  :lol:  And what labels and vintage would you recommend for each?  Leave out the merlot ... di ko type yung "not exactly there" ... parang bitin. :lol:

of course not, a merlot is the type who would play and tell no tales, if you know what i mean!! :evil: for the lables and the vintages, that is the most difficult question ever raised to me!!! i have a short memory and i dont remember ( i should work for gma's government para walang squealer!!!! :lol: ). that is why it is always important to talk the the wine shop owner or the sommelier. for the tempranillo and the pinot noir, you have to get it from barcino (backread na lang senorita!). the pinot noir was a 1998 Raimat, but i am sure i will come across a better pinot and i will let you in on it!

No, not a chef.  I'm a MD who thinks training abroad is a good excuse to see the world and educate myself on food, wine, and beer (not necessarily in that order  :blush: ).  So far, I've had the luck of meeting people who have this same interest and thus, knowledge is passed on!  Hehe!  I agree with the Barossas!  Maybe that's why I prefer the shiraz from that region - the body just knocks you out!  I've had a beautiful cabernet sauvignon when I celebrated my birthday there last year, a Sandgate 1998 from Margaret River and, though young, the tartness was barely perceptible and it went down so smooth!  Even my Aussie friend was impressed and took note of this bottle!  Too bad I couldn't find another few bottles, I so wanted to bring some home with me.  You should try the Coonawarras!  Coonawarra is a wine region in South Australia with a  cool climate . The long growing season is marked by sunny, warm and dry days followed by cool evenings, an ideal combination developing the intense varietal characteristics for which Coonawarra is renowned.  Originally, shiraz was their primary varietal, but eventually they've produced very good cabernets.  I've still got a St. Hugo 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon from Coonawarra locked up at home (A$70 wine given to me as a gift before leaving!  I expect it is quite good, because in Australia, you can be sure that the pricier the wine, the better the quality, which cannot be said, unfortunately for French wines where price cannot always be used as a gauge).

I'll give you some input on the Germans after I've tasted quite a bit more.  My head is still spinning from that Chianti Reserva 2001 (Italy) we had last night.  Cheers! :D

Welcome HOL! Good to see more folks on the group! Your insights into wine will be most welcome!

HOL (HintOfLime), I am reminded of Nando's Peri-Peri sauce whenever I look at your lime tostitos avatar!  Naglalaway tuloy ako! :lol:  Which brings me back to wine and spicy food ... errr aside from what I know (whites and my TramRies choice) any other suggestions from the true experts in this thread? :)

Try a viognier, or a sauvignon blanc (Marlborough or other Kiwi would be good). Sauv blanc is also called fume blanc - I think the Mondavis made that name up to distiguish sauv blanc from cab sauv.

Or a white bordeaux or a chablis (both are chardonnay but not done up oaky with lots of toast and vanilla as is the California style).

An off-dry Vouvray would hit the spot too!

pare, we can't throw her out!!! she's our raison d'etre.  sa tindi ng OT post dito patong patong na dapat warning natin. buti nga may guardian angel tayo :hypocritesmiley:  :P  so bods, dont object or you'll be in contempt.... carlo rossi for you !!! :wacko:  and dont ask for a fair trial coz you're not gonna get 1!!! :boo:  :lol:  :P  guilty ka na nga fair trial pa gusto mo!!!! :boo:

overprotected?! matagal ko na naririnig yan na may sumusunod sa atin... e palagay ko anino lang natin yon!!! :rolleyes:  :lol:

while driving around horseshoe a few weekends back, i saw a sign (not the song)...the winery.  I was curious but not that curious to check it out.  perhaps we could do an expedition any weeknight and see what's inside.  call ka?

yup that's the one, pare - The Winery or something..

you hit it on the button, pare. We'll give the guardian bar wench carte blanche to enslave and empower us as long as she doesn't leave us hehehe...

Wahahaha too late!  I already sent the AkyatBahayGangInSearchOfASt.Hugo down south na! :lol:

Isang beses???  Eh ayon sa backread ko eh tatlong beses na :P

Pati mga babaeng yabmubs ay hirsute sa hita??? :lol:  Hmm eh di pwede mag ganchillo!  :upside:

Naks bods ... blushy blushy ako pero ... hehehe AWARD pa rin!

I was going to give you a nice spanking for being OT boibastos but then I would have to spank everyone in the thread too kasi lahat kami OT! :lol:

Hahaha nabibili ka pala Judge Masi! :P Asparagus is known to make certain body fluids taste a little "off" while pineapple and apple sweeten the honey! :rolleyes:  You really have a fixation with those elepantes!  Sure ka hindi elepanties?  :hypocritesmiley:

hehehe hindi ba I formed the team of that AkyatBahay ST'Hugo Task Force na yan - we're gonna get that bottle come hell or high water :P

Could you enlighten me what that tatlong beses was - isang lang talaga and that was when agxo was here and lana and ms. m were supposed to attend. Ayan, nawala na tuluyan si lana....

also add a little watermelon to your diet of fruits as it reportedly adds a lot of whomp!

frankly I havent tried those asparagus spears when you know-what....spearing, yes.....

Could you enlighten me what that tatlong beses was - isang lang talaga and that was when agxo was here and lana and ms. m were supposed to attend. Ayan, nawala na tuluyan si lana....

Yeah - whatever happened to Lana? She dropped ff and hasn't been heard from since then. Too bad we missed on that one, mea culpa! I tried to schedule too much going on in too short a time. By the time I called Bods, he'd given up and left - but then agian, I didn't know that both Lana and Miss M. were going to be AWOL that night.

September seems to be on for a trip for me, but now it looks like HK and Korea will be on the list so I don't know if Manila will still be an option. Stay tuned!

I went to the San Jose Grand Prix yesterday. Sorry, no wine consumed. There was wine there - a nice bottle of 2000 Chateau St. Jean cab (from Sonoma) but it was just plain too hot for red wine, so I drank cold beer instead.

But for dinner, had a prix fixe dinner at a place called The Cantankerous Fish - popcorn shrimp (lightly breaded flash-fried shcrinp with a spicy remoulade), Caesar salad, and a fisherman's stew over linguine (kinda like cioppino but no crab). Had a pinot noir from Carneros (just south of Sonoma) that was just okay. A bit green, but lots of black cherry on the nose. Full-bodied, tannins right out there. Overall, I would say it needs another year (or an hour in a decanter).

Went to pick up my quarterly allotment of wine from Mitchell Katz in Livermore - a bottle of the 2002 Rhapsody (cab/shiraz blend) and a bottle of the 2003 merlot. I plan to hold both for a year before opening, but plan to pop open a Wood Family syrah for dinner tonight if the wife decides to doher magic on something that willgo well. Otherwise it will be lighter red, perhaps a nice J pinot noir from the Russian River valley.

Yeah - whatever happened to Lana? She dropped ff and hasn't been heard from since then. Too bad we missed on that one, mea culpa! I tried to schedule too much going on in too short a time. By the time I called Bods, he'd given up and left - but then agian, I didn't know that both Lana and Miss M. were going to be AWOL that night.

September seems to be on for a trip for me, but now it looks like HK and Korea will be on the list so I don't know if Manila will still be an option. Stay tuned!

I went to the San Jose Grand Prix yesterday. Sorry, no wine consumed. There was wine there - a nice bottle of 2000 Chateau St. Jean cab (from Sonoma) but it was just plain too hot for red wine, so I drank cold beer instead.

But for dinner, had a prix fixe dinner at a place called The Cantankerous Fish - popcorn shrimp (lightly breaded flash-fried shcrinp with a spicy remoulade), Caesar salad, and a fisherman's stew over linguine (kinda like cioppino but no crab). Had a pinot noir from Carneros (just south of Sonoma) that was just okay. A bit green, but lots of black cherry on the nose. Full-bodied, tannins right out there. Overall, I would say it needs another year (or an hour in a decanter).

Went to pick up my quarterly allotment of wine from Mitchell Katz in Livermore - a bottle of the 2002 Rhapsody (cab/shiraz blend) and a bottle of the 2003 merlot. I plan to hold both for a year before opening, but plan to pop open a Wood Family syrah for dinner tonight if the wife decides to doher magic on something that willgo well. Otherwise it will be lighter red, perhaps a nice J pinot noir from the Russian River valley.

isn't she active on the camera thread? where is she? :unsure:

No, pare, it was I who dropped out and then the whole thing fell through...

We still do hope you can hop over in Sept..

hmm, your wine listings made me drool again....

isn't she active on the camera thread? where is she? :unsure:

No, pare, it was I who dropped out and then the whole thing fell through...

We still do hope you can hop over in Sept..

hmm, your wine listings made me drool again....

Hmmmmm - haven't been on the camera thread for a while. I'll check it out.

Sept is getting more definite for me, but it looks like I might have to go to Korea after Taiwan, and if I do, I won't make it to Manila.

Hmmmmm - haven't been on the camera thread for a while. I'll check it out.

Sept is getting more definite for me, but it looks like I might have to go to Korea after Taiwan, and if I do, I won't make it to Manila.

try taking the flight to korea from here. stay a day and a half so we can let you try some of those Aussie wines bods have in storage.

Parang I never would want to be classified as a Merlot chick if that's how one would be defined!  :lol:  And what labels and vintage would you recommend for each?  Leave out the merlot ... di ko type yung "not exactly there" ... parang bitin. :lol:

You are definitely NOT a merlot chick, Lips! Lessee - racy, spicy, perhaps a bit floral, certainly a lot of depth, but still light and lively, and a touch of sweetness, and bubbly! bubbly! A lightly bubbly (pettilant) demi-sec Vouvray! I also have tried a bubbly syrah, and that would fit the bill as well, although that was a tiny bit weird.

The Nanbantei in GB3 is very authentic.  Unfortunately, I think they overcook their bbq's here.  Funny, it wasn't like that when they were in Polaris.  Maybe they have someone else manning the griller.  But between the yakitori in GB3 Nanbantei and Kikufuji, I'd go for Kikufuji.  The servings are juicier!  Wala lang ngang miso dipping sauce sa KF.  Personally, I prefer the yakitori cooked shio style (grilled with salt).

If it's an indication, there are more Japanese eating in Kikufuji than in Nanbantei.  Shochu and sake really go well with this cuisine.  Maybe we should have a WEB to compare Shochu, shiraz and sake.  :upside:

haven't been to Nanba in GB3 altho when it was in Polaris, we knew the guy manning the grill - he being a good friend of my brother-in-law chef..

sige let's have a WEB where? in Nanba??? may wines din sila dun

Haha sige try and throw the bar wench out kundi kayo pulutin sa kangkungan!  :angry:

:lol:  Hahahaha you are going to need an industrial caterpillar to drag me out ... the same one you will use to drag me to the PWE! :lol:

Errr yung ectoplasmic field ay walang sira po kaya dito ako nakatambay. :P

Hahaha nagpaparinig na si BODS!  Tularan natin ang post ni HOL at hindi kung ano anong OT na bagay na pinaguusapan natin dito Masi!  Eh nagkakalat lang daw tayo ng useless non-wine chika! :lol:

I think the member who used to post here connected with that German/Austrian wine store is "ric 8."

Magiisip muna ako Bods kung saan pwede gawin yung Victory Party  :rolleyes:

Tama ang isip ko dito kay Masi ... di lang IQ mataas, pati na rin EQ!  Hehe.  Isipin ninyo na lang you are paying paying for "protection" when I make kalat here in this thread :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:  Haha lola undies are like ele-panties.  B)

it's gonna take more than a winch to extricate the wench from the bar :P

and I'm not making parinig ha hehehe...post away, lahat tayo dito OT!!!

I think that member is caloy, not ric8 though I'm not sure...

sabay na natin yung Victory Party mo dun sa Plonk Night hehehe