not naman wife-fearing... lumalabas na "takusa" ako! hihihi... more of not wanting to give the wifey something to worry about!!  o d b masmagandang pakinggan!!!  :hypocritesmiley: as for the elephants :thumbsupsmiley: , they are lovely animals  :rolleyes:

teka baka secreto na to ha... will pm to you tsismis!!!  i heard that tropicana and c2 are hitting smc's market shares abit.. but being dominant in the market so long it's a matter of pride, ika nga...

weird, in the industry i work in, we rather enter the market at a higher price then give rebates later than start low then raise prices.  this practice is not well received and hits your market share... well different strokes for different folks as they say.. siguro na kaya wala ako sa consumer products....

now zinc is what i need!!!  :boo:  bisto tuloy!!!!

no more kariring? :wacko:  well i go back to my comments  about not wanting to give the wifey any worries :hypocritesmiley:  (twice in 1 post, AWARD NA YAN!!)

siguro nga!! with all the spam i get and the espresso breaks, work does not get done! hahahahaha!!!! that's why my bosses try to get me out of my workstation and call a meeting over a round of golf, so i oblige! ;)  i dont want to be fired because of insubordination!!.. ay! ang hirap ng empleyado!!!!! B)

Hehe ... I was just teasing re wife-fearing! I do know for a fact that you are so in love with her and the passion in your marriage is very much alive kahit 11yrs na! :thumbsupsmiley: Told you naman di ba in some other thread (or was it this?) that it always makes me smile when you talk about your wife and your marriage because it reminds me of my folks' as well as my brief marriage to my late husband. :)

Tropicana ... no sweat yan, it is C2 that is causing them sleepless nights. :lol: For FMCG kasi right on the money minsan yung low price intro strat --- mass market eh so they get it from the volume. You would freak if you knew the kind of margins they have! Sinful! :lol:

Err the zinc content actually is not entirely good if your partner has an aversion to swallowing :rolleyes:

Haha!  :D No, I usually don't shout at birds - my mates there are quite civilized.  Oh, except when we went to that kickboxing match in a seedy bar organized by one of our Greek-Aussie mates.  Bloody Greek had some girls from the strip club beside the bar to hold up the round number in between rounds and everyone was shouting at them to show some skin!  As if they weren't showing enough!  Haha! Those were the days...  Of course, no wine there, only some good ol' Aussie beer!  Crown Lager! Oh now that hits the spot, and some good XXXX (pronounced "four X").  Our wine drinking, we do at home, or at some BYO (bring your own!).  The BYO is an amazing concept in restaurants, and so very Aussie!  Down Under is the only place I've ever seen the phenomenon.  For those of you not familiar with the concept, a liquor license in Australia is a bit expensive and you have to pay up for different types of alcohol.  All Aussies love their alcohol, no matter in what form be it for lunch, dinner, or what have you.  So some restos who don't want to bother with the licence just announce they are BYO - you can bring your own alcoholic beverage and they don't charge corkage!  They even provide you with the wine glasses if you need them!  Some of the bigger and fancier restos have a liquor license but most of them still allow BYO - as long as what you bring isn't on their menu!  :thumbsupsmiley:

Oh yeah!  I've already been told about the Hugo, that's why it's the only one in my collection locked up for some special evening.  My wine-thirsty friends in the Philippines have managed to half my 14 bottles from Down Under during the brief period I was there!  There went my Screaming Crow 2001 Cabernet (Coonawarra), Wynn's Coonawarra Cabsav 2002, Penfolds Koonunga Hill 2001 cabernet-shiraz, and my 2 Wolfblass yellow label cabsavs 2003 (South Australia), a Rosemount cabernet-merlot-petit verdot, and a Lindemann's shiraz from the Barossa Valley.  The Saint Hugo is locked up safely somewhere south of Manila!  Hahaha!  :thumbsupsmiley: 

Has anyone noticed a section on beer anywhere?  I can also contribute a lot to that.  Hehehehe!  :cool:

Crown Lager! Hmmm is this the same brand that has residue in their beers as well? The brand escapes me. Yes it is amazing how some restos allow BYO at no cost or with the most sisiw of corkage! 5-10 AU$ lang ata. This is because not all restos are licensed to sell alcohol pala kaya may tinatawag na BYO. All the restos in Darling Harbor tho serve alcohol :D

I am truly envious of that bottle of St Hugo in your possession! I was looking for that when I was in Syd last Nov/Dec but didn't chance upon one so last minute I just picked up a couple of WolfBlass Yellow label cabsavs (medal awardees!) and Yalumba Barossa CabSavShirazes. Hmmm south of manila is a good start for a location to send the AkyatBahayNakawAlakGang in search of that elusive St. Hugo!! :lol:

Has anyone noticed a section on beer anywhere?  I can also contribute a lot to that.  Hehehehe!  :cool:

I forget to tell you that there are several beer threads in this section (TRAVEL & CUISINE), just browse through the title pages. B)

at 1 am this morning, hindi lang masarap humiga!... masarap matulog!!! :closedeyes:

i have not been around thais so i wouldnt know.  but japanese food, ayan tita, even my japanese clients say that i have acquired their taste.. including the karaoke culture!!! :upside:  hehehehe! kaya i cant just eat any form of so called japanese food! (paging bods, paging bods, omakase! (ohmygosh) he's not here! :P )  sige let me know if it's open and we'll pay them a visit!... B)

Nyahahahaha yes kaya pareho nating tinulugan si Bods! :sleepysmiley03:

Haha parang nakakatakot kang kasama sa KTV! AIM member ka ... Ayaw Ibitaw ang Mic! :lol: Have you been to Little Tokyo (katabi ng MCS)? I forget the name of the resto (KikuFuji ata) pero man shrappppp the Jap food there! And the maguro sashimi there eh is so chunky! Pang steak ang cut! :lol: But oh so sweet and fresh! Damn, am craving tuloy! Makapunta nga bukas! At sa Tuesday eh makapunta din sa Sakura!

It's actually sort of a catch 22 for Thai restaurants here in RP.  To serve authenticity, the spices have to come from Thailand.  If they do, it's expensive, so the serving is expensive.  To keep the price conscious Pinoy interested, the restourants have to "localize" some ingredients, and when they do the taste changes.  Also, to suit the Pinoy palate, some restaurants "adjust" the taste to make the majority of the target customers coming back.

Notice that there are no Thai stalls that last in food courts?

Para hindi OT, what wine would go well with very spicy foods such as Thai, or Indian cuisine?  Some Thais I know would take scotch.

FD you are right about the spices available ... but I reckon we can grow them here! Same climate din naman di ba? And you are right again about the tailoring to the Pinoy palate. I am just a spoiled woman who wants to have her Thai food and eat it too :lol: Sandy Daza's qsr I think is still alive and there is this one thai qsr in LKG tower (I forget the name ... thai express ata) that serves close to authentic Thai curry because they import kaffir leaves which go into the curries.

Whites normally go well with spicy food since they are generally sweet and fruity and don't clash with the flavor of Thai/Indian food most especially the curries. Sherwood Estate's Traminer Riesling does it for me (that's if I can find it here!) :D

HOL (HintOfLime), I am reminded of Nando's Peri-Peri sauce whenever I look at your lime tostitos avatar! Naglalaway tuloy ako! :lol: Which brings me back to wine and spicy food ... errr aside from what I know (whites and my TramRies choice) any other suggestions from the true experts in this thread? :)

Crown Lager! Hmmm is this the same brand that has residue in their beers as well? The brand escapes me. Yes it is amazing how some restos allow BYO at no cost or with the most sisiw of corkage! 5-10 AU$ lang ata. This is because not all restos are licensed to sell alcohol pala kaya may tinatawag na BYO. All the restos in Darling Harbor tho serve alcohol

Thanks for the heads up on those beer threads. I don't think I've ever seen residue on a Crown before, though. Me and my mates think of it as one of the best beers Down Under. I don't know anybody who even looks at Foster's down there. Oh how I long for a BYO in the Philippines! There are so few places that actually serve the really good stuff! And even then they are quite expensive!

HOL (HintOfLime), I am reminded of Nando's Peri-Peri sauce whenever I look at your lime tostitos avatar!  Naglalaway tuloy ako! :lol:  Which brings me back to wine and spicy food ... errr aside from what I know (whites and my TramRies choice) any other suggestions from the true experts in this thread? :)

"HOL" is fine! I'm actually called that in the other thread that I frequent. This avatar is quite new, though. I got tired of Doc Oc who used to be in that frame. The German whites, as I've mentioned, are quite good. Their most famous export is Riesling. I prefer German Riesling to Australian because the Aussie ones have some inexplicable aftertaste that doesn't agree with me, and which, for some reason, is absent in the German Riesling which just comes out as sweet and fruity! Among the German whites though, the best I've tasted so far is a Gewürtztraminer Auslese! The best though, and I've never tasted it, is the legendary Eiswein where the grapes are picked while the vines are still frozen from the first days of winter, preferable in 9 degrees below zero Centigrade! Since this does not happen too often, these wines are quite expensive! The very sweet ones though like the trockenbeerenauslese and the eiswein are best served as dessert wines. The best wines are from the Pfalz, Rheingau, Kaiserstuhl, and Münsterthal regions. Unlike most wines from other countries where the wineries produce the wines in their names, most German wines, particularly from the south, are named according to the region or village where it is produced. There are private vineyards owned by residents of that village, and during the harvest, they all flock to their town winery and combine their harvest to make a wine in that village's name - for example: Sasbach, Jechtinger.

Anyway, how to gauge a good German wine? The label should tell you.

1. Tafelwein which is made from normally ripe grapes

a) Deutscher Tafelwein (simple table wine) is pleasant for everyday enjoyment, consumed primarily where it is grown in Germany. It comes from one of four broad Tafelwein regions.

NOTE: If the word ,,Deutsch" is missing on the label, then it is not a German wine, but rather foreign wines which may or may not have been blended with German wine. It is likely to have been bottled (abgefüllt) — but not grown — in Germany.

B) Deutscher Landwein (special table wine) is hearty, fresh regional wine with more body and character than simple Tafelwein because the grapes must be more ripe at harvest. Dry or semi-dry, Landwein comes from and is named after one of 20 Landwein regions.

2. Qualitätswein is made from ripe, very ripe or overripe grapes and should indicate either of the following:

a) Qualitätswein estimator Anbaugebiete (QbA) is the category which includes the largest quantity of German wines. It comes from one of 13 specified wine-growing regions and is made from approved grape varieties which have ripened sufficiently to assure that the wine will have the style and traditional taste of its region. Light, refreshing and fruity, these wines are meant to be consumed while young, for everyday enjoyment or with meals.

B) Qualitätswein mit Prädikat (quality wine with special distinction, or attributes) is the category which includes all the finest wines of Germany. Each carries one of six special attributes (Prädikat) on its label. They are, in ascending order of ripeness at harvest:

Kabinett — fine, usually light wines made of fully ripened grapes, the lightest of the Prädikat wines. Excellent with or without meals.

Spätlese — literally means late harvest. Wines of superior quality made from grapes harvested after the normal harvest. These wines are more intense in flavour and concentration, but not necessarily sweet. Good with richer, more flavorful foods, or by themselves.

Auslese — harvest of selected, very ripe bunches. Noble wines, intense in bouquet and taste, usually, but not always sweet.

Beerenauslese (BA) — harvest of individually-selected, overripe berries. ' Remarkably rich, sweet dessert wines, or to be enjoyed by themselves.

Eiswein — wines of Beerenauslese intensity, made from grapes harvested and pressed while frozen. Truly unique wines with a remarkable concentration of fruity acidity and sweetness.

Trockenbeerenauslese (TBA) — harvest of individually-selected berries which are overripe and dried up almost to raisins. Rich, sweet, luscious, honey-like wines.

Okay, which brings us to food-wine pairings

FOODS/DISHES RECOMMENDED WINE

which are extremely...

sweet (e.g., most desserts) white and rosé wines of at least equal sweetness:

German Auslese, BA, TBA, Eiswein (white and rosé)

Salty (e.g., bacon, ham, caviar) white and rosé wines which are aromatic or very fruity wines, off dry wines: German Q.b.A., Spatlese, lighter Auslese

(including rosés); medium dry Spatlese and Auslese from Rhein

regions, or Nahe, Wurttemberg and Franken

Crisp/Tart (e.g., vinegary salads,

veal piccata) very fruity or aromatic wines, usually off dry, but with

moderate acidity: German Spatlese, and both medium-dry

and dry Spatlese and Auslese, including rosés

Spicy/Hot (e.g., chili pepper, pepper,

curry, Tex-Mex, Thai) light bodied, aromatic, crisp, fruity wines:

German Q.b.A., Spatlese (off dry and medium dry), lighter

Auslese

Oily/Fatty (e.g., pates, rich cheeses,

avocado, foie gras) rosés, rich, full flavored wines, with marked acidity:

German Spatlese, Auslese (sweet and medium dry), full

Beerenauslese and Eiswein

Fishy (e.g., anchovies sardines) fuller bodied, fruity or aromatic wines, usually off dry but also

medium dry: German Q.b.A., Spatlese (off dry and medium

dry), lighter Auslese, especially Mosel-Saar-Ruwer and rosés

Smoky (e.g., fish, shellfish, ham,

poultry, beef) rich, fruity, crisp wines: German Spatlese and Auslese (off dry

and medium dry), especially Rhein and Nahe; full reds

(Spätburgunder, Limbuerger)

Spicy/Herbal (e.g., pesto, salsa,

herb/tomato sauces) fruity, crisp wines, usually with sweetness: German Spatlese

and Auslese (off dry and medium dry), including rosés

(Weissherbst), full reds (Spatburgunder, Lemberger)

Well, anyway, that's what I've researched so far and I've been trying it out as frequently as I could. A lesson one of my mentors taught me, though, is that the bottomline is to go for what works for you! The rule about whites for fish and reds for steak no longer holds! Every person has a particular taste and you should go with what works for you. All these things that we read are merely recommendations!

Oh yeah, just thought you should know, I'm quite familiar with Australian wines and I'm now being initiated into the Germans. My experience outside of these countries is quite limited so I'll appreciate input from you guys on the other countries. I've recently acquired a Chilean friend who is trying to educate me on Chilean wines, which I believe are quite good also, but this he is doing via email since he has gone home recently.

Anyway, enough of this lecture for now. Good night to all of you there (though the sun is still quite high here!) :rolleyes:

Have you been to Little Tokyo (katabi ng MCS)?  I forget the name of the resto (KikuFuji ata) pero man shrappppp the Jap food there!  And the maguro sashimi there eh is so chunky!  Pang steak ang cut! :lol:  But oh so sweet and fresh!  Damn, am craving tuloy! Makapunta nga bukas!  At sa Tuesday eh makapunta din sa Sakura! 

i've been to kikufuji but in traders hotel (across ccp). i havent been to the their branch in little tokyo! thre is a good jap resto on the second floor of milelong. specialty is nabe which is what most sumo wrestlers eat to gain abit of weight. :D i've been told the best sashimi is served at benkay in dusit! sakura is best known for its yakiniku . have you tried nanbantei (yakitori) at gb3. the dipping sauce made of miso is sooooo good with the yakitori and a glass of shocho (japanese gin). my jap clients dont drink wine except when we eat italian or spanish food. the moment we eat japanese food its beer, sake or shocho! pag ktv its watered down chivas.

Edited by masi
Anyway, how to gauge a good German wine? The label should tell you.

B) Qualitätswein mit Prädikat (quality wine with special distinction, or attributes) is the category which includes all the finest wines of Germany. Each carries one of six special attributes (Prädikat) on its label. They are, in ascending order of ripeness at harvest:

Spätlese — literally means late harvest. Wines of superior quality made from grapes harvested after the normal harvest. These wines are more intense in flavour and concentration, but not necessarily sweet. Good with richer, more flavorful foods, or by themselves.

Trockenbeerenauslese (TBA) — harvest of individually-selected berries which are overripe and dried up almost to raisins. Rich, sweet, luscious, honey-like wines.

great post! :thumbsupsmiley: we have a global perspective of the different wine regions. now at least when we go to wine shops we know what to look for in german wines. i have tried the qualitatswein mit pradikat spatlese and the trocken and these were pretty sweet wines considering that i wasnt much into wines then. :wacko:

Edited by masi
Tropicana ... no sweat yan, it is C2 that is causing them sleepless nights. :lol:  For FMCG kasi right on the money minsan yung low price intro strat --- mass market eh so they get it from the volume.  You would freak if you knew the kind of margins they have!  Sinful! :lol:

oh i think i have an idea how big those margins are!!!! they have to be BIG to make sure they pay the ad guys and gals!!!! heheheheheh..... ;)

while the other guys cant sleep over a dwindling market share... the ad people are popping corks due to more ads!!!!!! :thumbsupsmiley: such is life... one man's misfortune is another man's wealth!!! :lol:

:lol:

you guys are having too much fun  :cool:

kaka inggit

i got stuck at home today (it's saturday, about 4 pm here now)

waiting for someone to call since last night

in case he could squeeze in a couple of dives over at monterey bay today into his sched

oh well

babawi na lang ako bukas after church ...

drive to the wine country, have brunch someplace

and maybe pick up a few bottles  :D

we'll have fun together come September, pare!

we do hope matuloy kayo dito.

Well, konti pa lang nga kami dito what more pag dumami talaga tayo sa mga WEB, mashayang lasheng sigurado hehehe

So how did your wineday, I mean Sunday come along?

Walang patawad talaga ang mga tao dito!  Pati yung bisyo ng pari pinapatulan!  You must very very close to the priest for him to share the cup, lest you actually be a Priest! .. Forgive me father for I have sinned, I drank Nove... oops.  hehehe.  I only get the host.

Isn't "presence" in tagalog .... Aguinaldo? hehehe.  Actually, it's pagdalo or pagdadalo.

I was thinking about PWE - dapat super alat ng isasabay na pagkain para PWEdeng isawsaw na lang doon sa dalang bote ala datu puti.

right! pagdalo is it! I'll use it on lipstick next time na hindi uli sya sumipot :lol:

pare most of us here went to Catholic schools so I guess it's hard to rub off that Mompo from our collective consciousness - not that we had a lot of it back then! What we had was a lot of curiousity about that red stuff inside that bottle being used at Mass...

pare since you mentioned PWE - hwag kang mawawala dun! Kailangan ang pagdalo mo dun hehehe

kung super alat ang barchow natin dun tagilid na naman ang cholesterol level natin nito

yup, the gloriamaris is still there. they had (or have?) this promo thing that makes you believe that you're ordering crabs for a really good deal (they have a huge picture of a fat crab just outside their doors) but when it is served, you'll find out that your cheap crabs are alimasag and not alimango. and, as you said, their greenhills branch is better (although the quality of the food there has also deteriorated).

as for pepato, i don't really think of gaite flores while i'm eating their seabass so i'm not bothered by her going upscale to fine cuising. (even if i really don't like cibo food. i'd rather go to cafe bola.)

speaking of wolfgang puck, i think i saw a sign in gateway saying that he's opening a restaurant there. (or was i just dreaming?)

so Cafe Bola is Gaita Fores' too? Maybe that's why I see her there....

If the Aranetas are chummy-chummy with Wolfgang Puck, it just maybe true. We can all dream hehe

me i like the grass really cut low halos bare... the ball rolls true and fast to the hole..no bumps no stubbles (pare, this is actual golf terminology...so i'm not trying to let your imagination fly, ok!  kaya mag golf ka na rin!!! :lol: )

dont take novellino, punta ka dito i'll give you mistal!!! :boo:

I still can't take you up on that offer - I'll continue to play golf in my imagination - complete with stubbbly grass and holes so tight you have to aim straight and true..........

I know it's a typo pero save up that Mistral for Plonk Night :lol:

Edited by bods1000

Anyway, enough of this lecture for now.  Good night to all of you there (though the sun is still quite high here!)  :rolleyes:

Wow! That was an informative read! Thanks HOL! :cool:

i've been to kikufuji but in traders hotel (across ccp).  i havent been to the their branch  in little tokyo! thre is a good jap resto on the second floor of milelong.  specialty is nabe which is what most sumo wrestlers eat to gain abit of weight. :D  i've been told the best sashimi is served at benkay in dusit!  sakura is best known for its yakiniku . have you tried nanbantei (yakitori) at gb3.  the dipping sauce made of miso is sooooo good with the yakitori and a glass of shocho (japanese gin).  my jap clients dont drink wine except when we eat italian or spanish food.  the moment we eat japanese food its beer, sake or shocho!  pag ktv its watered down chivas.

I could have the name of the resto wrong but basta nasa Little Tokyo sya! :lol: Nanbantei in GB3 tastes soooo like fastfood! :thumbsdownsmiley:

I reckon a shiraz would go well with Sakura's yakiniku .. whaddya think?

oh i think i have an idea how big those margins are!!!! they have to be  BIG to make sure they pay the ad guys and gals!!!! heheheheheh..... ;)

while the other guys cant sleep over a dwindling market share... the ad people are popping corks due to more ads!!!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:  such is life... one man's misfortune is another man's wealth!!! :lol:

:angry: HEH! Do not mock! Sige ka baka bigla na lang wala akong ma i-post dito at tuluyan na ako mag goodbye dito :P

AWARD! :lol:

right! pagdalo is it! I'll use it on lipstick next time na hindi uli sya sumipot :lol:

Isa ka pa! Pikon ako hah! :grr:

:lol: Lech, first day na first day of the week eh nagco-collect na ako ng awards!

No, not a chef.  I'm a MD who thinks training abroad is a good excuse to see the world and educate myself on food, wine, and beer (not necessarily in that order  :blush: ).  So far, I've had the luck of meeting people who have this same interest and thus, knowledge is passed on!  Hehe!  I agree with the Barossas!  Maybe that's why I prefer the shiraz from that region - the body just knocks you out!  I've had a beautiful cabernet sauvignon when I celebrated my birthday there last year, a Sandgate 1998 from Margaret River and, though young, the tartness was barely perceptible and it went down so smooth!  Even my Aussie friend was impressed and took note of this bottle!  Too bad I couldn't find another few bottles, I so wanted to bring some home with me.  You should try the Coonawarras!  Coonawarra is a wine region in South Australia with a  cool climate . The long growing season is marked by sunny, warm and dry days followed by cool evenings, an ideal combination developing the intense varietal characteristics for which Coonawarra is renowned.  Originally, shiraz was their primary varietal, but eventually they've produced very good cabernets.  I've still got a St. Hugo 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon from Coonawarra locked up at home (A$70 wine given to me as a gift before leaving!  I expect it is quite good, because in Australia, you can be sure that the pricier the wine, the better the quality, which cannot be said, unfortunately for French wines where price cannot always be used as a gauge).

I'll give you some input on the Germans after I've tasted quite a bit more.  My head is still spinning from that Chianti Reserva 2001 (Italy) we had last night.  Cheers! :D

you better stay quiet on that St. Hugo as some beguiling lurker here might perk up hehe...

what are the more popular Coonawaras? maybe they have some here.....your description makes it look interestingly similar to Margaret River....Barossas are excessively alcoholic so if I need a big kick I go look for one - Grant Burge was the last Barossa I had.

hope you could attend our wine ebs in the near future... we consume a reasonable amount of wine (right bods!)  laugh and talk alot!  only after we complete the wine tasting ceremonies so we have something to post on this thread!

"reasonable" just doesn't describe it, pare - more like lugubrious - as in chug-a-lug :lol:

Hahaha oo si Masi lang pwedeng event organizer dahil balita ko Bods kapag ikaw nag organize eh di natutuloy dahil ikaw mismo nakakalimutan mong may WEB on the agreed date!  Nakakatatlo ka na! :lol:

At papano mo naman nalaman hindi makinis ang hita ng mga pakistani??? :blink:

Pyrotechnic din ang level ng award mo Bods!  Susmio, buti na lang hindi ako gullible .... otherwise eh nagkaroon na ako ng meningitis at sumabog na ulo ko dito sa thread na ito dahil sa mga BOLA ninyo! :P

Uuuuuyyyy alam ko yung pineapple juice din! :boo:  Eh alam mo ba yung sa asparagus din? :rolleyes:

Si Ghost In A Shell natin eh hindi si ms boo ang kinakarir kundi si ms .... ! B)  Speaking of pigs, didja know that there orgasms last for 30minutes??? :blink:  I wanna be a pig in my next life! :goatee:

hey hold your zebras!! anong tatlo - isang beses pa lang ako sumablay ano hehehe

Your Honor, this fair damsel is imputing falsities on my person!!! hehehe

papano kikinis yun eh nababalutan ng balahibo hita ng mga yon dibadibs??

It's pyrotechnic only because the subject I'm referring to is highly-explosive in terms of charms and wit.....

para ngang may nabasa din akong asparagus dun pero I forgot na - bulong mo nga sa akin hehehe...

That came from a very authoritative resource person.....

at may kinakarir nga si Casper!!!??? bulong mo na din kung sino hehehe

yes pigs are like that...kahit fraction lang nung ability nya I could pass on happy na..

I think it comes from practice - pigs muck around all day in the mud hehehe :evil:

I wanna muck around na tuloy!!!!

pare, i just noticed the time of your last post and the one before this?  dont you go to sleep?  mukhang naghanap ka ng ladies in white ha!!! :boo:

wala ng mompo drinking for the parishioners... i remember when the priest rans out of blessed host, he will make you drink from the chalice...kaya, pagsabi ng pari, the blood of christ"... dapat sagot d "amen" but cheers! or i'll drink to that!!!! :wacko:

ssshhh pare I'm working, I mean pretending to work.

If I had a lady in whatever color of the rainbow here, do you think I will still be posting? :P

As it is, I'm making love to the keyboards :sick:

hahahaha first time I heard that!!

buti ngayon ko lang nabasa yan - baka cheers nasabi ko sa pari kanina :P

Hi H-O-L, I know it's OT, but I'm desperate.  :)  Do you have any idea where to get this dark Bavarian wheat beer called Aventinus? It's from the Schneider and Sohn brewery.

this is the 2nd post on Aventinus and where to find it! pare do stick around in this thread, at the rate the people here are hitting the wine shops we'll surely bump into one and post it here immediately. however, should you beat us to the gun and find it... post it here! i, too, am curious how this beer taste!

hey hold your zebras!! anong tatlo - isang beses pa lang ako sumablay ano hehehe

Your Honor, this fair damsel is imputing falsities on my person!!! hehehe

para ngang may nabasa din akong asparagus dun pero I forgot na - bulong mo nga sa akin hehehe...

That came from a very authoritative resource person.....

at may kinakarir nga si Casper!!!??? bulong mo na din kung sino hehehe

yes pigs are like that...kahit fraction lang nung ability nya I could pass on happy na..

I think it comes from practice - pigs muck around all day in the mud hehehe :evil:

I wanna muck around na tuloy!!!!

Defendant bods, your comments are out of order!!!! uso ngayon ang trial by publicity (ala s.cam)!!!kung sinabi ni lipstick 3x ka sumablay you are as guilty as rumored!! so prove your innocence which i think you could but i will overrule!!!! unless mag painom ka and this judge will consider your appeal!!!! :lol:

which one about the asparagus... 'cos asparagus (read as far as) i am concerned all i know about asparagus is it has high uric acid content... on the swallowing part... well that i have to dig deeper!!!! but considering that the comment came from a very authoritative resource person , i submit!!!!! ;)

i still cant forget that elephant by the riverbank in thailand!!! :lol:

Edited by masi
I could have the name of the resto wrong but basta nasa Little Tokyo sya!  :lol:   Nanbantei in GB3 tastes soooo like fastfood! :thumbsdownsmiley:

there are several restos in little tokyo serving bento (packed lunch) and kikufuji is one of the better ones! that area of pasay road is really quaint. there is a hotel (i forgot the name) across the road and its resto is fitted with tatami mats!!! :cool:

really? i didnt know that nanbantei fastfoodish! my jap clients and i go there for the yakitori, and they say that it's pretty authentic. at any rate, you have to admit that the miso dipping sauce is good! d ba!!! sayang ililibre ko pa naman ikaw dun.. e since ayaw mo pala dun... :unsure: another place where the dipping sauce is so sarap is this korean resto in mimosa!!

yup a shiraz would be a good match for the yakiniku!!! why are you asking what i think? manlilibre ka sa sakura :thumbsupsmiley but if you are really looking for good bbq short beef ribs, arirang at alabang is the place to go!!!! may pumpkin soup pa which is really ssssoooooooooo good!!!!

have a great week!

Edited by masi
Hi H-O-L, I know it's OT, but I'm desperate.  :)  Do you have any idea where to get this dark Bavarian wheat beer called Aventinus? It's from the Schneider and Sohn brewery.

If it's a rare imported beer, try going to Athena in Festival Supermall in Filinvest. They have a huge assortment of imported beers and ales. We got a couple of Monty Python's Holy GrALE there just for kicks. hehehe. I'm not a beer drinker so can't comment on it's taste. If they have that, they might also have Aventinus.

there are several restos in little tokyo serving bento (packed lunch) and kikufuji is one of the better ones!  that area of pasay road is really quaint.  there is a hotel (i forgot the name) across the road and its resto is fitted with tatami mats!!!  :cool:

really? i didnt know that  nanbantei fastfoodish!  my jap clients and i go there for the yakitori, and they say that it's pretty authentic.  at any rate, you have to admit that the miso dipping sauce is good! d ba!!!  sayang ililibre ko pa naman ikaw dun.. e since ayaw mo pala dun... :unsure: another place where the dipping sauce is so sarap is this korean resto in mimosa!!

yup a shiraz would be a good match for the yakiniku!!!  why are you asking what i think? manlilibre ka sa sakura :thumbsupsmiley  but if you are really looking for good bbq short beef ribs, arirang at alabang is the place to go!!!!  may pumpkin soup pa which is really ssssoooooooooo good!!!!

have a great week!

The Nanbantei in GB3 is very authentic. Unfortunately, I think they overcook their bbq's here. Funny, it wasn't like that when they were in Polaris. Maybe they have someone else manning the griller. But between the yakitori in GB3 Nanbantei and Kikufuji, I'd go for Kikufuji. The servings are juicier! Wala lang ngang miso dipping sauce sa KF. Personally, I prefer the yakitori cooked shio style (grilled with salt).

If it's an indication, there are more Japanese eating in Kikufuji than in Nanbantei. Shochu and sake really go well with this cuisine. Maybe we should have a WEB to compare Shochu, shiraz and sake. :upside:

FD you are right about the spices available ... but I reckon we can grow them here! Same climate din naman di ba?  And you are right again about the tailoring to the Pinoy palate.  I am just a spoiled woman who wants to have her Thai food and eat it too :lol:  Sandy Daza's qsr I think is still alive and there is this one thai qsr in LKG tower (I forget the name ... thai express ata) that serves close to authentic Thai curry because they import kaffir leaves which go into the curries.

Whites normally go well with spicy food since they are generally sweet and fruity and don't clash with the flavor of Thai/Indian food most especially the curries.  Sherwood Estate's Traminer Riesling does it for me (that's if I can find it here!) :D

The basic curry powder from Thailand tastes very different from the other curries. This has the biggest effect on authenticity. Then you also have several types - yellow, green, red - all having different tastes and degrees of spciyness. To complicate things further, the taste is also affected by the other ingredients put in - eggplant, corn, mushroom, etc aside from the meats. The leaves too have an effect.

floppy drive, welcome back!  Si Bods lang yung walang patawad at lahat papatulan! :rolleyes: 

Hehe hihirit nga ako kanina na ang "presence" ay REGALO in tagalog.  Pero parang sobrang BLONDE answer na yan. :lol:

There you go, Your Honor. The ravishing lady is again maligning whatever shred of rep*tation I still have. It's high time we throw her out of the bar hehehe.....

buti hindi ka humirit ng sagot sa "presence". Hindi lang BLONDE yung sagot mo - anak-araw na talaga!

Your Honor, I suggest we give the fair damsel an ALBINO counsel hehehe....

Naku you and Bods don't need to make karir anyone ... lalapit na lang sila sa inyo :rolleyes:  In fact ang dami nang lumalapit ano! And am sure they hate the guardian bar wench kasi parang di sila maka abante ng husto! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Para ngang over-over protected na kami eh hehehe....yung ectoplast naman ang bantayan mo bago yun magsabog ng lagim dito :boo: You know we have to entertain all those who wish to lounge in our wine cellar :rolleyes:

Wow!  That was an informative read! Thanks HOL!  :cool:

I could have the name of the resto wrong but basta nasa Little Tokyo sya!  :lol:  Nanbantei in GB3 tastes soooo like fastfood! :thumbsdownsmiley:

:angry:  HEH!  Do not mock!  Sige ka baka bigla na lang wala akong ma i-post dito at tuluyan na ako mag goodbye dito :P

AWARD! :lol:

Isa ka pa! Pikon ako hah!  :grr:

:lol:  Lech, first day na first day of the week eh nagco-collect na ako ng awards!

yes! thanks a lot, HINT! we need more of those posts....ang dami kong natutunan dun ah..

there was a poster here before, i forgot the handle, and he's connected with this wine store that specializes just in German/Austrian wines. They used to have their store in Galleria but now it is in Horseshoe village...I really got to go there sometime and use HINT's wealth of information...

Nanbantei fastfoodish??? hmmm well I give you some leeway in your observation since you do know your cuisine hehehe

at ikaw pa ang napikon ha??? aber, sino kaya ang tinulugan ako??? buti na lang mahaba pasensya ko hehehe

Heto na nga mga awards mo!!! So where will you host your Post Awards Night hehehe

BACK READ........... wassup guys, masi, did you got the fife? 530pm pa flight ko today. we got some jacquesons coming from france limited bottles lang, testing the market again.

pare, we did last friday! read back a few pages and you'll find our fr. thanks again! i hope you can join the next eb!

have a good 1!