I've read and read and ead, and the information does help narrow your choices a bit, but nothing beats tasting. That's the best education you can get, and the more good wine you taste, the better. It's easy to find something lesser that you still enjoy, but to find that one true conversion moment - that takes a GOOD wine.

ang galing, pare!

I like the way you stated it - a true conversion moment - that's the point of no return for us - something like crossing the Rubicon (pun intended) :P

Now when was my conversion moment? :unsure:

I think it was when I got into the wine business and I got to taste this really wonderful Western Australian shiraz. That was my road to Damascus :lol:

Mmmmmm - now I am properly fortified for my week in the culinary desert of Taiwan.

Taiwan, is perhaps, where you will find St. Peter holding the keys to the culinary heavens! I have frequented the place travelling from Taipei, Taichung, Chaiyi, Hsinchu, Kaoshiung... marveling at every gastronomic encounter. Much has been said about Chinese wines tasting like cough syrup. I only tried it once and confirm that, indeed, it is such. However, to me, a Chinese wine is still the Xaoxing, served warm, mixed with slices of ginger or lemon, or cyrstalized sugar or salted plum, to wash down a serving of roast pork, fresh scallops, thumb size abalone, and that ever present palm size shark's fin in thick soup served piping hot!

:Hahahaha 20baht will get you far Bods. :lol:  On the last day of the workshop, the Pakistani told me "I may never see you again, God forbid that I don't but just in case that is my fate, your smile has been imprinted in my mind and heart, your charm I will always seek when I meet new women and I would always wish that I did not have to love you from afar."  Of course I am paraphrasing as he took some 20mins or so to tell me all that. :lol:  Guess what I told him? 

AWARD!!! Hehe. 

Pati AWARD ma-uuso na sa mga yabmubs! :lol: :lol: :lol:  I bet he picked those lines out of some bollywood stuff he saw before leaving his motherland. Hahaha.

I think lurid would be better as a consequence of the wine. :evil:

Haha lurid as lurid can get.  My mind lives in the gutter. :lol:

You know what I think????  I really think they drink those horridly expensive wines disguised under the Mompo brand.  Now THAT'S THE CONSPIRACY! :lol:

Dude, this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 80s!  Opium and YSL! :lol:

that Pakistani has got great stuff, I tell you. Are you sure he's Pakistani? Kasi, bollywood is Indian and bumbays are Indians - Sikhs to be exact. Pasensya ka na for my nitpicking ha - nabitin yata ako kagabi sa inom eh :cry:

We pray no lurid situations occur as a consequence of our WEBS :wacko: or else, hindi tayo sa gutter pupulutin - kundi sa kangkungan :blink:

about Mompo: I think those priests who give terrible homilies get to drink just Mompo. Those with great sermons are the ones who have snucked in some good stuff in those Mompo bottles :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  ok bods, we have to decide who drinks the vino kulafu and who is the "talker"!!! :lol:  "hell hath no fury than a woman scourned!"  :) so pare, before liptick makes us drink a drum of that stuff at our next eb, you might as well "spell it out!"  :hypocritesmiley:

Your Honor, I strongly disagree that I become the stool pigeon and the rat. For a complete resolution of this issue, I strongly recommend that the Romanian ghost be the one to "spill the beans" , so to speak hehehe....

Some more Vino Kulafu, your Honor? :sick:

i was supposed to describe the sensation of the single malt as rolling out like a carpet on my palate but.. i said to myself that it may be too revealing that nothing is left to the reader's imagination. so i inhibited.  never thought that the "carpet" was already sufficient to get your imagination working ... off-tangent nga lang.... for being off-tangent, Carlo Rossi for you, senorita!!!! :sick:

yes, the senorita is always so off-tangent with her lurid imagination that I will add 1 box of Franzia for her :sick:

Your Honor, I strongly disagree that I become the stool pigeon and the rat. For a complete resolution of this issue, I strongly recommend that the Romanian ghost be the one to "spill the beans" , so to speak hehehe....

Some more Vino Kulafu, your Honor? :sick:

oo nga naman, counsel!!! your objection is sustained!... let the witness, pinoy_strigoi, rejoin the inquiry of Chief Justice Lipstick or be held of mocking the court and be sentence to consume Vino Kulafu until his last breath! :sick:

o, pinoy do your post! otherwise ma OT tayo!!!! :boo:

^^^ Bakit ako?  Nakikiinom lang ako.  Di naman natin pinagusapan si Lipstick di ba?  Di naman natin namiss si Lipstick di ba?  LOL.

Ang namimissi ko ay yung pagkain na home cooked at yung wine.  Old world wino pala si Masi.  (pero may Gato negro na nakatago sa kitchen.) bwahaha

hahaha nagkabukingan lalo :P

pareng masi sana nilabas mo yung Gato Negro nun dahil parang bitin pa si pareng pinoy yoohooo!

sa susunod hwag mo nang hayaang magligpit si pareng pinoy - kung ano-ano nakikita sa kitchen :lol: :P :D

bahala kayong dalawa - basta ako namiss ko si ms. Lipstick :rolleyes:

hehehe mukhang magkakabukingan na nga talaga ah :P

it's a Nuits, pare, or something like that :lol:

BUKING NA!!! :boo: d na nagkakatugma ang mga sinasabi natin....pati yung ininom bulol-bulol na! no wonder you guys are not politicians!!! you are BAD at keeping secrets and telling LIES!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: remind me, that i should not give you any appointed positions when i get elected (you read it right! ELECTED!!!! DONT... EVEN.... think of reading it in japanese phonetics!!!!!) :lol:

bumalik lang sa 'pinas si lipstick... may "adams"-gate na!!!!! HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Edited by masi
oo nga naman, counsel!!! your objection is sustained!... let the witness, pinoy_strigoi, rejoin the inquiry of Chief Justice Lipstick or be held of mocking the court and be sentence to consume Vino Kulafu until his last breath! :sick:

o, pinoy do your post!  otherwise ma OT tayo!!!! :boo:

yes, your Honor, we let Mr. Ceausescu alias pinoy_strigoi drink all the vino kulafu for mocking this Court with his absurdist claims of a Gato Negro in your pantry :angry:

yes, your Honor, we let Mr. Ceausescu alias pinoy_strigoi drink all the vino kulafu for mocking this Court with his absurdist claims of a Gato Negro in your pantry  :angry:

not a gato but a generic vin de table (aka table wine) which has been lying in our kitchen... but it has not been touched!!!! buti pa yung red wine vinegar ko sa ref, may pakingabang!!!

boy, all this typing made me thirsty. can i offer you anything to drink? B) (kung gro ako, drinks ka pa!?) :evil:

Your honors. I stand corrected. signore masi did not have a gato negro, but he had admitted he had something far worse... An Alexis Lichine table wine. But we decided to forgive him because he cooks well and let us drink his wife's excellent French wines.

Shall there be another WEB? I am waiting with bated breath and parched lips for the next bottle (or is it bottles?).

Your honors.  I stand corrected.  signore masi did not have a gato negro, but he had admitted he had something far worse... An Alexis Lichine table wine.  But we decided to forgive him because he cooks well and let us drink his wife's excellent French wines.

Shall there be another WEB?  I am waiting with bated breath and parched lips for the next bottle (or is it bottles?).

That doesn't absolve you from the perjury you have just committed... for falsely accusing me of having gato negro!!! for that you drink the table wine in my house while bods, lipstick (sama ka!?) and i shall consume the raimat pinot noir 1999.... :blush:

btw, bods, pinoy et. al. i was at barcino's last saturday morning ( read vamos a comer!) and had a good exchange with the husband owner... i just had this idea of getting some of the spanish de latas there and consuming it with a big bottle of sangria (they have it there too) or some spanish whites (no pinoy hindi mestiza ang pinaguusapan)!!! :lol: just a thought !!! let me know what you think!!! B)

they already have tapas sampler! they didnt mind the tobacco smoke and we are still welcome. I was told that there is a group of mestizas who are regulars, perhaps we can merge ebs.. hehehehe....

Ok yun. kahit walang Spansih mestiza, we can still drink. Tempranilla ba yun? So for the next WEB, I hope Ms. Lipstick can attend. Para naman may fair sex tayo at di lang puro lalake. If she attends I will drink the table wine, peks man.

If she does not attend, I will have what u guys are having, a Nuit.

ang galing, pare!

I like the way you stated it - a true conversion moment - that's the point of no return for us - something like crossing the Rubicon (pun intended) :P

I think it was when I got into the wine business and I got to taste this really wonderful Western Australian shiraz. That was my road to Damascus :lol:

Hahahaha! I had my "crossing the Rubicon" event in '99 when I tasted N-C's Rubicon for the bery first time. I twas at the Rubvicon release party - I had joined the wine club just to get invited to this event! - and they were pouring the '95 Rubicon. Mmmmmmmm - I cna still remember that soft, luscious black gold flowing across my tongue, releasing its plum and black cherry flavors. The soft tannins, that light touch of strawberry, that hint of smoke. And THEN I became a Bordeaux-blend fan! Since then I've bought at least 3 bottles of each release. Good thing I get 25% off during the release events.

Uy tanong lang.  Bakit ako na-off topic post warning?  Dahil hindi tungkol sa wine?  And who's to say if my post was wine related or not. 

OK, will post that  I like Old World wines better than New World Wines.  OT pa ba itong post?

Pinoy, I checked the logs and it was a warning issued last July 16 by the MOD you mentioned. OT post daw ... am sure it isn't in this Vino thread. You could PM the MOD concerned to find out exactly where your post was OT. ;)

may warning ka?  how come i dont see it?  only mods can give you warnings! maybe you didnt get it on this thread but other threads you posted!!!!  well, i got mine from a different thread... so i didnt bother going back there!

naku bods... baka our favorite mod is giving us warnings coz neither of us are spilling the beans or should i say, cutting the foil on what happened last fri?  :)  then, again, she is too civil for that... i take it back!!!

Ngayon ko lang napansin na may warning ka din Senyorrrrr!!! :lol: Saan mo na naman nakuha yan? Hahahahaha. And please hah! Wala akong kinalaman dyan sa WARNINGS ninyo! :P

I wish I could abuse my MOD powers ... teka nothing is stopping me from doing that. Hmmmm I could actually suspend your accounts for one day, two days or indefinitely! :boo: Ayan blackmailan na! Wahahahahahahahaha.

Pinoy, I checked the logs and it was a warning issued last July 16 by the MOD you mentioned.  OT post daw ... am sure it isn't in this Vino thread.  You could PM the MOD concerned to find out exactly where your post was OT. ;)

Pinoy, see told you ( d ka kasi naniniwala sa kalbo! :P ), Lipstick wont OT you unless you serve her Carlo Rossi and call it a premium wine!!!! :lol:

The next best thing you could do is STOP! posting in other threads!!!! It's an opinionated virtual world this MTC, and some may not be in the same thought horizon!!!!

I dont mind having a warning, at least I've said my piece.. what matters in the real world where people have real names and faces deserving of respect and praise!

Let's all drink to that!!!!

Si Bonito_99 ang nag-warn sa akin.  Sana naman may expalanation kasi sinabi lang dun OT warning - which of my posts was OT.

OK, I like French wines - para lang di ma OT na naman itong sinabi ko.

Hehe napraning! :lol: Just ask him na lang what post was OT Pinoy. :)

So are you fond of bordeaux? :D Ayan para di rin ako OT. :lol:

...and it's darn good to hear the soft pitter-patter of your feet on our local terroir....

welcome back!

Hehe natawa ako dito Bods! Soft pitter-patter! Lintek you must be bingi. :lol:

ang galing, pare!

My conversion moment was religious. :rolleyes:

:lol:

With a St. Hugo! Damn it, ang sarap nya! Yung vino hah! :lol: