Bods, you are way, way, way too modest! You deserve to be taking a bow  :cool:  for bringing this group together!

I prefer to take drink than a bow but thanks a lot!

we all deserve a bow and a lot of drinks hehehe

I remember those lean times last year when only your posts in the dead of night kept the thread from being buried in the back pages....

And after you check behind the skirts, can I check under them?  :cool:

It's going to take more than a few drinks to get me to the point where I'll sing......I KNOW how bad I am!  :sick: But I am more than willing to listen and applaud!  :cool:

hoohah! I like this :boo:

pero go ahead and check - just check ha - no touching or else it's Indian wine for you :P

pare when we're all drunk - singing badly becomes a matter of conjecture, and the morning after everything becomes distant memory :lol:

I was talking to masi just now on the phone. malapit lang pala kami, just accross ayala. PO, matraffic.

bods, got a good deal for a napa valley wines - fife scarlet, this one's from st. helena. i told masi the price's reduced tremendously because they won't carry this wine on the next list, they ordered too much cases.

I was talking to masi just now on the phone. malapit lang pala kami, just accross ayala. PO, matraffic.

bods, got a good deal for a napa valley wines - fife scarlet, this one's from st. helena. i told masi the price's reduced tremendously because they won't carry this wine on the next list, they ordered too much cases.

so pare what's the deal...let's talk this over some bottles :P

what does masi say? is there a wine gig or what?

are they ripe for drinking now? if so, let's get a couple for the next eb....

hey bods, i've been reading and enjoying the posts in this thread. i'd like to contribute but i can't: except for tequila and johnny black, i never really liked alcohol. now, i've even dropped those two and except for the occasional red wine when i sometimes eat lunch at ponticello, alcohol rarely touches my lips. :P

keep on posting: i might revisit my self-imposed, little wine policy. until then, make mine green tea. :D

Had a Neibaum Coppola Blancaneaux 2001 last night. Blancaneaux is a white Bordeaux-style blend of chardonnay, viognier, roussanne and marsanne, all grapes estate-grown. Great mouth-feel, almost red-like in body. An intriguing blend of flavors - apple and pear, ginger, peach and other stone fruit, all coming through at one phase or another. Nice acitity to hold it together, a bit of butter for mouth-feel, and some nice mineral, earth tones. A great wine with Mediterreanean flavors but should also go well with Asian flavors of spice and peppers. Definitely a keeper, and one of the rare whites I wholeheartedly recommend. Perhaps not a wine for beginners, perhaps since it is absolutely bone-dry, despite the fruitiness the viognier imparts.

seems so complex with the entire spectrum of fruits of the different seasons peach, pear, apples just like late spring, summer, late summer to early fall. coupled with the bite of ginger and pepper and the natural tones of the earth and minerals. WOW!!!

yeah Ms Lipstick - too bad I wasnt able to come and meet them last friday...was down with flu. :(

Ms HBC! Looks like that flu has been transferred to me. Tonight I am suffering from this really really nasty cold. I don't know if its the stress of this workshop I am attending or me just missing home and someone OR ... the lack of alcohol? :blink:

:lol:

excuse me, I am unholy, but I hate to admit that I am not as eloquent as the two gentlemen when describing a wine....when sipping great wine my prose falls short, much like I fear my words might be inadequate when I finally get to meet you... :rolleyes:

Oh boy, we really are rakin' those awards in by the dozens eh Bods? :lol:

you know, we would always be willing to teach you the finer subtleties of our native tongue.....teka, native tongue - parang it doesn't sound proper :D

i'm sure your elegant shoes would always be welcome there, but better not sit with me because with my clumsiness, I might ruin those shoes with cigar ash....your legs won't be ruined as I will cover them with my arms oooopsss sorry hehehe...

Hehe tongue daw oh. :P

Naku kulang yung arms mo to cover my big pata legs! :lol:

pare... d ba si lipstick moderator?  who will moderate the moderator?

moreover, if we give a bottle to lipstick... she wont accept it since she hasnt showed up in any of our ebs!  oh well,  :(  looks like we'll have to drink that bottle ourselves again.

Oist, basta anniv WEB I WILL ATTEND!!! :P So be prepared with that bottle! :lol:

pare, she's too classy to be caught with such a wine in her possession :)

she'd rather be caught with some robustos or some St. Hugo. hehehe

Hehe yes hint hint .... :lol:

Hi guys...decided to turn a new leaf.  I've been getting a lot of propositions because of my monicker.  This is the FORMER licknpokeme now the more sedate augustmoon

Tnx

I see....

augustmoon.....new leaf....

TEAHOUSE OF THE AUGUST MOON was a big favorite of mine....that reminds me to look for a dibidi copy of that hehe..

why is the moon sedate in August?

how is the moon in July?

will the moon be resplendent in September?

will it wax and wane in October?

cheers!

and, dyaaaraaaan!, , it was ms. Lipstick who, as masi said, animated the thread with her down-to-earth, honest, and really really heartwarming presence :)

AWARD! :lol:

Uyyyy am ready to accept my award na direk. :rolleyes:

:lol: Damn it! Di bagay talaga sa akin! :lol:

:sick: No offense, guys, but guys in drag - that's just NOT my cup o' red, if ya know what I mean! Now, Ms. Lips, Ms. HBC or Ms. LNPM in ANY skirt (the shorter the better) - now THAT's a sight I wouldn't want to miss!

Moi? I am but a humble wino, raving about the nectar of the gods. It's the wine talking!!! :lol:

Oh, sorry to hear that. And doubly sorry that I can't recommend drinking wine as an antidote to your ailment. Would have made a great way to recover!!!  Hope you're feeling better......

Hehe I reckon Bods and Masi would have sexier legs than me Mr. Agxo3! :lol: Promise I am telling the truth! :lol:

Thanks for the well wishes but I think I could use a real good drop tonight. :D

ok, bods, i finally got it!!!! i will bring the glen and the cigar!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Lipstick, too, has been getting her share of AWARDS!!!  (i'll drink to that, courtesy of Ms. Lipstick!!!,  :lol:

seems, like i've been drinking to everything and anything these days :D  is there an AA thread on board? :wacko:

Hehe there is an AA thread however I think you are beyond the 12 steps. :lol:

Hi LNPM,

Great to hear from you again!  I have to correct your impression on the appreciation and knowledge that we hold on wine.  Frankly, I don't have much info except for what bods and agxo and the rest of the crew post as well as, the private research I do.  Well, if you call reading magazine articles research :wacko: ?

The time and moolah spent in appreciating wine are determined by the passion you have for it.  It is perhaps no different from girls wanting to have the latest in bags, shoes, clothes.  I my case, just as everyone here, if I maybe allowed to speak for them, would be wines and (plus, a few other things).

Thanks for the "Paris and Nicole" branding, altho watching them leaves really strong tannins, but still better than Beavis and Butthead :angry: which I would like to compare to really bad Chinese wines! I wonder what you would be calling the group if the group regulars have reached 5? Do you tag us the "Fab 5"? :lol: (Boy, I better learn a thing or 2 about branding, brand equity and advertising?  Any teacher in the house?)

I'm in on the FAB 5 but only if you let me be that funny screaming super kikay fashion guru Carson or if I get to be that gorgeous grooming guru Kyan. Mr. Agxo3 can be half of Ted the food & wine expert while Mr. Masi I think would sit just superbly as the Culture Guru. Bods can be Thom the Interior Design Guru. :D I reckon all that would be brand true to each of us. :upside:

I see....

augustmoon.....new leaf....

TEAHOUSE OF THE AUGUST MOON was a big favorite of mine....that reminds me to look for a dibidi copy of that hehe..

why is the moon sedate in August?

how is the moon in July?

will the moon be resplendent in September?

will it wax and wane in October?

cheers!

bods, are you alright? i think it's one glass too many!!!! :lol: :lol: boy... after reading agxo's tasting notes, suddenly i'm so thirsty... better round up the usual suspect.... :lol:

Sa Aming Nayon, May Isang Galman Uminom, E Lasing. (aka... San Miguel!)

hey bods, i've been reading and enjoying the posts in this thread. i'd like to contribute but i can't: except for tequila and johnny black, i never really liked alcohol. now, i've even dropped those two and except for the occasional red wine when i sometimes eat lunch at ponticello, alcohol rarely touches my lips.  :P

keep on posting: i might revisit my self-imposed, little wine policy. until then, make mine green tea.  :D

kaya pala I sometimes get that spongy feeling - the spongeman is lurking :P

pare thanks a lot! hey you don't have to be a wine drinker to join us in posting here. It's more or less 90% kalokohan here....9% shameless flirting and the rest concerning about......ah yes, wines and other related matters :lol:

you have an advantage pa nga eh - you occasionally drink it!

cheers, pare!

see you more often here!

bods, are you alright?  i think it's one glass too many!!!! :lol:  :lol:  boy... after reading agxo's tasting notes, suddenly i'm so thirsty...  better round up the usual suspect.... :lol:

Sa Aming Nayon, May Isang Galman Uminom, E Lasing. (aka... San Miguel!)

hehe...

I'm drinking this Aussie pinot. Like the zinfandel, I can't seem to get the hang of it. Too much shiraz, I guess. It's 2003 - too young, don't you think?

from the way you sound, you seem to be in far worse shape :P

but San Miguel's ain't no swill....