I like soft cheeses like brie :boo: I remember once eating breakfast at this hotel that served really soft white cheeses that still sorta tasted like milk. :P Mmmmmmmm~ I like subtle flavors. And an absinthe EB :boo: Sa resto mo? :D

why not EB and wine taste at the same time. each one who attends can bring a bottle of wine (or what have you... port, single malt, absinthe, rhum, brie, camembert gouda etc.) and get to taste each and every thing there is....

just an idea....

hey guys, this eb isn't a bad idea at all. i wonder if i can join?

there's a great place along pasong tamo extension that has a great selection of wines and cheeses. it's called terry's. really good sandwiches too!

also, if any of you are interested, there's a wine and cheese club that meets at the polo club every once in a while. let me know if you guys want to check this out.

:flowers:

hey guys, this eb isn't a bad idea at all. i wonder if i can join?

there's a great place along pasong tamo extension that has a great selection of wines and cheeses. it's called terry's. really good sandwiches too!

also, if any of you are interested, there's a wine and cheese club that meets at the polo club every once in a while. let me know if you guys want to check this out.

:flowers:

I've been wanting to go to Terry's for a long time...they had a booth at one of these Megamall trade shows and I bought some Spanish wines from them...I mean, can we drink there? I think it's just a deli..

That club at the polo club smells of exclusivity - baka for members lang yun...pero I'm game to it kung pwede...

Ok here are the tentative list of attendees:

masi

lana

miss manners

bods :P

A small group would be better, otherwise it could turn into a circus and I don't attend circuses :P

I've been wanting to go to Terry's for a long time...they had a booth at one of these Megamall trade shows and I bought some Spanish wines from them...I mean, can we drink there? I think it's just a deli..

That club at the polo club smells of exclusivity - baka for members lang yun...pero I'm game to it kung pwede...

Ok here are the tentative list of attendees:

masi

lana

miss manners

bods :P

A small group would be better, otherwise it could turn into a circus and I don't attend circuses :P

the wine and cheese club is attended by old farts. but they mostly stay in their groups. i usually go with a girlfriend of mine and we just have a party of our own. i'll ask when the next sched is. you should join us and check it out. free flowing wine and cheese--really good ones at that. :)

hey agxo, if you can read this (which I doubt if you are airborne now), I think the best bet is on the 28th - Friday nga pala yun. Pwede ako kahit late na - easy sked naman ako the next day.

Gimme a call as soon as possible, ok?

friday's cool for me. let me know lang where. terry's is closed by 7 so mebbe you guys have an alternate venue in mind?

popped a Rosemount Estate Shiraz 2000 Show Reserve last Saturday... Pretty awesome stuff... It was fragrant yet not overpowering... Spicy.... and was serving the mid to back part of the pallete...

any reviews on this wine. would like to hear what others have to say.... thanks.

I bought absinthe the other day from Arellano's. It was 55% alcohol so it was strong but tastes like licorice. But the effect was slightly different from booze. It costs 1,500 - a tad expensive when compared to a fairly decent chateau wine. Anyway, if there's an EB I will bring it. Kaso, baka maubos ko before , hehehe.

Sa friday ba? saan? sana we could get a place that will allow us to bring booze (except beer) but we will order pica pica from them. Meron bang ganoon? I will try to research in the Ortigas area.

Mr Bods. Meron na akong pangalan sa bagong thread natin BYOB. Bring Your Own Booze.

Guest the_eight_of_orbs

Sorry to burst your bubble dearie, but BYOB is not so new a term. AA's been using that for the longest time. A lot of other groups and chapters use that term na rin when they have their togethers.

BUT nothing stops you guys from changing the thread name into that. :) I honestly think though that WINE SAVVY gives this thread more character. ;)

BODS sorry for butting in, just can't help it.

I bought absinthe the other day from Arellano's.  It was 55% alcohol so it was strong but tastes like licorice.  But the effect was slightly different from booze. It costs 1,500 - a tad expensive when compared to a fairly decent chateau wine.  Anyway, if there's an EB I will bring it.  Kaso, baka maubos ko before , hehehe. 

Sa friday ba? saan?  sana we could get a place that will allow us to bring booze (except beer) but we will order pica pica from them. Meron bang ganoon?  I will try to research in the Ortigas area. 

Mr Bods. Meron na akong pangalan sa bagong thread natin  BYOB. Bring Your Own Booze.

the wine and cheese club is attended by old farts. but they mostly stay in their groups. i usually go with a girlfriend of mine and we just have a party of our own. i'll ask when the next sched is. you should join us and check it out. free flowing wine and cheese--really good ones at that. :)

friday's cool for me. let me know lang where. terry's is closed by 7 so mebbe you guys have an alternate venue in mind?

that snippet about free-flowing wine just made me sat up :P Go ako dyan hahaha...

the Friday thing is a little fuzzy pa.....

popped a Rosemount Estate Shiraz 2000 Show Reserve last Saturday... Pretty awesome stuff... It was fragrant yet not overpowering... Spicy.... and was serving the mid to back part of the pallete...

any reviews on this wine. would like to hear what others have to say.... thanks.

must be a good one if it's a Show Reserve...Rosemount makes pretty decent wines though I haven't tasted that...where'd you get it, pare? Is it available here? I'm pretty skewed towards Australian wine, most specially shiraz :P

I've been drinking this Banrock Station Shiraz for 2 days now - pretty decent for the price (read: kuripot lang talaga ako :P )

I bought absinthe the other day from Arellano's.  It was 55% alcohol so it was strong but tastes like licorice.  But the effect was slightly different from booze. It costs 1,500 - a tad expensive when compared to a fairly decent chateau wine.  Anyway, if there's an EB I will bring it.  Kaso, baka maubos ko before , hehehe. 

Sa friday ba? saan?  sana we could get a place that will allow us to bring booze (except beer) but we will order pica pica from them. Meron bang ganoon?  I will try to research in the Ortigas area. 

Mr Bods. Meron na akong pangalan sa bagong thread natin  BYOB. Bring Your Own Booze.

pare ang mahal pala nyan - and it's not the real thing, I suppose. For that price, tama ka - you can get a pretty good wine - pang Show Reserve na yang presyong yan...

If you've still got some dough, buy another one for our EB because it is my feeling that the absinthe you have there right now will not see the light of day again :P

Pare, Friday's too near...we'll have to come up with some other plan for that EB...

Stay tuned! We need your inputs too....

Sorry to burst your bubble dearie, but BYOB is not so new a term.  AA's been using that for the longest time. A lot of other groups and chapters use that term na rin when they have their togethers. 

BUT nothing stops you guys from changing the thread name into that. :)  I honestly think though that WINE SAVVY gives this thread more character. ;)

BODS sorry for butting in, just can't help it.

hahahaha.....

sabi ko na nga ba eh! i was about to reply to that yun pala naunahan mo na ako hehehe

well thank you if you think WINE-SAVVY is cool enough - may character pala kami :P

Well if we have a get together it's gonna be a BYOW - BRING YOUR OWN WINE... no exception to that kahit di ka nainom ng wine ---- it's gonna be the overriding theme for the EB's - bring your own wine and let's have a taste of everything :D