Tried it once. poured over a sugar cube sitting on a fork right above the flute-type kinda glass. then the "alcohol-ed" sugar cube is lit up, little flaming thing, and you drink it when all the sugar falls in the green alcohol. absof**kinglutely strong.

very bad when mixed with tequila. very baaad. indeed.

I think that bottle came from Japan. NOT sure... :unsure:

:upside:

MASI and BODS, i agree when you said that the old rules don't apply as much anymore. we drink as we please. if you drink often, and are conscious about what you drink and what food / cigar brings out the flavor of your wine, then you'l know when you want it, how you want it... yah know what i mean. :lol:

i don't care if my posts are incoherent.  i just don't care anymore. :lol:

on that MANGO something... recently tried the MANGO RHUM i think made my the makers of Tanduay. ok lang.  medyo ok with sprite. siguro okay tun if you blend it with vanilla ice cream, tapos may konting slices of ripe mango and grenadin syrup. :rolleyes: tingin ko lang.

F  u  c  k    i'm too jologs for this thread. :lol:

i guess bods will bail me out .... every1 is welcome here.... your opinion is valid and comments read...

that mango with ice cream sounds good.... a spike mango jubilee.... :cool:

looks like the query on absinthe is causing quite a stir..... :wacko:

Tried it once. poured over a sugar cube sitting on a fork right above the flute-type kinda glass. then the "alcohol-ed" sugar cube is lit up, little flaming thing, and you drink it when all the sugar falls in the green alcohol. absof**kinglutely strong.

very bad when mixed with tequila. very baaad. indeed.

I think that bottle came from Japan. NOT sure... :unsure:

:upside:

MASI and BODS, i agree when you said that the old rules don't apply as much anymore. we drink as we please. if you drink often, and are conscious about what you drink and what food / cigar brings out the flavor of your wine, then you'l know when you want it, how you want it... yah know what i mean. :lol:

i don't care if my posts are incoherent.  i just don't care anymore. :lol:

on that MANGO something... recently tried the MANGO RHUM i think made my the makers of Tanduay. ok lang.  medyo ok with sprite. siguro okay tun if you blend it with vanilla ice cream, tapos may konting slices of ripe mango and grenadin syrup. :rolleyes: tingin ko lang.

F  u  c  k    i'm too jologs for this thread. :lol:

hey ati!

hahaha nice of you to visit again...f**k the rules! But some rules do help, it's just that you don't have to go through them if you're not comfy with them...

Also no rules here - we can transform this into a j0l0gs kind of thread :P

In the States, I've heard of this wine club in the net that caters to young professionals - with the purpose of trying to make wine less forbidding by making it attractive to the younger set. I wish we had something like that here...

Hi Eight ^_^ It sounds like the kind of drink I would normally stay away from. I can't tolerate (read: don't like) strong drinks. Hanggang SanMig light lang ako :lol: But sometimes, it's good to open a nice light wine and chat with  a few buddies.

Thanks for the welcome, bods ~.^

Sure thing, Lana! Lana Turner was a beautiful actress (hey, wait a minute...that sounds familiar)

It's always great to be with buddies over some drink...just don't overindulge...

What wines are you familiar with?

Sure thing, Lana! Lana Turner was a beautiful actress (hey, wait a minute...that sounds familiar)

It's always great to be with buddies over some drink...just don't overindulge...

What wines are you familiar with?

Oo nga e. Some kind of familiar line yan ha! :lol: I haven't been really drinking wine. Most of the stuff I've had is people shoving a glass in my hand at parties and get-togethers :P But most of the ones I've had are of the Italian kind. I honestly have yet to try one that I absolutely like... something subtle, not-too-sweet and doesn't reek of too much alcohol. I want to taste the flavor, not the alcohol :P Whites tend to be too sweet for me so I usually stick to reds (plus, I don't know if people know to serve whites in the proper temperature here -- e pareho din akong di marunong). You know, come to think of it, the weather's too warm to serve red properly, too, since they just leave it out at "room temperature." I'll stop now before I blind you all with my ignorance. :blink:

Back read muna *cracks knuckles* :lol:

hey ati!

hahaha nice of you to visit again...f**k the rules! But some rules do help, it's just that you don't have to go through them if you're not comfy with them...

Also no rules here - we can transform this into a j0l0gs kind of thread  :P

In the States, I've heard of this wine club in the net that caters to young professionals - with the purpose of trying to make wine less forbidding by making it attractive to the younger set. I wish we had something like that here...

Some rules do help - those that come out of experience. Helps you as you're trying to learn what's right for you.

Hey bods! that wine club things sounds like a business opportunity!

Oo nga e. Some kind of familiar line yan ha! :lol: I haven't been really drinking wine. Most of the stuff I've had is people shoving a glass in my hand at parties and get-togethers :P But most of the ones I've had are of the Italian kind. I honestly have yet to try one that I absolutely like... something subtle, not-too-sweet and doesn't reek of too much alcohol. I want to taste the flavor, not the alcohol :P Whites tend to be too sweet for me so I usually stick to reds (plus, I don't know if people know to serve whites in the proper temperature here -- e pareho din akong di marunong). You know, come to think of it, the weather's too warm to serve red properly, too, since they just leave it out at "room temperature." I'll stop now before I blind you all with my ignorance. :blink:

Back read muna *cracks knuckles*  :lol:

So you noticed, too :P

The problem with "room temperature" is that the "room temperature" prescribed in wine bottles and in wine literature is the room temperature of temperate countries - which is a lot cooler than the room temperature we have here.

I see you haven't been exposed to the really superior wines...once you do, we hope you will be seduced by the beauty of the wine world...

How's your backread :)

Guest the_eight_of_orbs

Weeeeell GOOOOOD LUUUUUUCK sisteeeeer! :P Since you're an aa regular, and soon enough, when you start drinking with us, you'll learn that wines are just starters for some of us, and then there will be as much blinding mixes of drinks you will not have names for when you wake up. :lol: :P

Hi Eight ^_^ It sounds like the kind of drink I would normally stay away from. I can't tolerate (read: don't like) strong drinks. Hanggang SanMig light lang ako :lol: But sometimes, it's good to open a nice light wine and chat with  a few buddies.

Thanks for the welcome, bods ~.^

Guest the_eight_of_orbs

BODS! homaygahhhhhd yo called me ATI! :upside: :P :lol: you'll always be AAs friend. ;)

MAGNUM has a wine club that opened opportunities for yuppy wine-drinkers a chance to explore their love for wine. i'm not sure if they still have that club going though. :unsure: the guy who runs and part-owns CYRANO was one of the peeps who started the Magnum wine club. They even had wine tasting nites. :)

have a good sunday! :)

BODS!  homaygahhhhhd yo called me ATI! :upside: :P :lol:  you'll always be AAs friend.  ;)

MAGNUM has a wine club that opened opportunities for yuppy wine-drinkers a chance to explore their love for wine. i'm not sure if they still have that club going though.  :unsure:  the guy who runs and part-owns CYRANO was one of the peeps who started the Magnum wine club.  They even had wine tasting nites. :)

have a good sunday! :)

I'm a member of the AAAHS.....AA Assorted Hangers-on :P so I know you as ati....

Oh well, nothing beats a lazy night sipping some verdelho and listening to some Ralph Towner...

Have a good week, peeps!

Backread is... a little overwhelming at the moment :blink: Nasa cheese na ako and I gotta confess, cheese interests me more than wine. Oh, and kelan ang EB niyo!!! :P

Eight. Initiation ba? Hopefully, I'll get to see most of you this week ^_^ Be gentle po :lol:

good thing you read that - nahirapan ako sa research dun...which reminds me to go look for that Monterey jack again...

EB daw pag nakahagilap na si mufflover (whatta name!) ng absinthe :P

hey goodluck with the BU sa AA! they're quite gentle people :rolleyes:

good thing you read that - nahirapan ako sa research dun...which reminds me to go look for that Monterey jack again...

EB daw pag nakahagilap na si mufflover (whatta name!) ng absinthe :P

hey goodluck with the BU sa AA! they're quite gentle people :rolleyes:

I like soft cheeses like brie :boo: I remember once eating breakfast at this hotel that served really soft white cheeses that still sorta tasted like milk. :P Mmmmmmmm~ I like subtle flavors. And an absinthe EB :boo: Sa resto mo? :D