Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

not sure about that Bo, but maybe given proper training, they'd stand a chance.

I didn't go beyond white in Taekwondo..got hit in the face too many f#&king times to want to do it again. baka mabaril ko yung sparring partner ko e :lol: but I'm considering taking up something new. Was good in College P.E. arnis, but have yet to really see my potential on that.

What's advisable for a girl?

Those who are interested in arnis, contrary to popular belief that Arnisadors/Escrimadors are not helpless without their weapons, unlike other arts

which teach empty hands first then weapons, The Filipino Martial Arts train the other way around, weapons first then empty hands. FMA is one of few arts that

you can still practice and apply even if you are very old, take for instance the

late Grandmaster Antonio "Tatang" Illustrisimo who still practiced Escrima well into

his 90's . I've personally witnessed him spar with his students using live blades and

still have complete control of the Bolo he is using. Another example is our Guro

Grandmaster Andrew Abrian, after suffering from his fifth stroke, he is still in

active practice. He made complete wimps out of our entire group, one lucky

fellow was one of my sparmates, after executing a well timed strike with his

baston, it only took seconds before he was pinned on the ground and disarmed :blink: by Gm Abrian. This is a feat worth watching considering Gm Abrian's built and health condition ( he stands 5'2" and weighs abt 120 lbs.)

while my sparring buddy stands 5'11" and is in the 200 lb bracket, he will be fighting in Fearless this December :ninja:

since i was a kid iwas fascinated by the martial arts. so i studied the backgrounds of kung fu, karate and ninjutsu. eventually i have familiarized myself with some weapons such as the nunchaku and katana. then moving further on i learned some dim mak turning my fighting skills into pure killing techniques... :ninja:

hello guys, anyway for women, you have to develop the killer instinct first, its not so easy with girls than with boys.

so far i don't see any of the 'su' or 'do' martial arts really making impact in the more practical world of mixed marrtial arts. but they have made hteir contirbutions but now they're a bit obsolete.

anybody seen the urcc at the fort? wasn't it a total scam, a tournament where only grapplers could win because grapplers made the rules. the fight of the deftac and the boxer proved how little they were prepared for really seasoned fighters. and the finale was quite a joke. it was more a question of technique than it was about human skill. a pity.

anybody getting into mixed martial arts? i suggest you train 60% muay thai and 40% grappling. gracie always said a fight would always go to the ground, it doesn't necessarily mean its gonna stay there.

since i was a kid iwas fascinated by the martial arts. so i studied the backgrounds of kung fu, karate and ninjutsu. eventually i have familiarized myself with some weapons such as the nunchaku and katana. then moving further on i learned some dim mak turning my fighting skills into pure killing techniques... :ninja:

Cool! Ever used those skills on burglars, bullies, holduppers or other nasties? FR naman. :)

good morning sir bo....sori po sa post ko sa isang thread mo dito nga pala dapat. kasi ngayon ko lang nakita ang thread na ito.

opo yung yantok ay di kayang maputol kahit na salagin ng itak sa isang hataw lang. magaan po pero makunat. ang karaniwang diameter noon ay laging sa mga 1 1/2 inch. napakaganda pong gamit sa arnis.

Hi to everyone. happy to know may ganito din here...

hope you guys aren't surprised and wont mind, yeah, I'm a girl. :wub:

and i do Brazilian Ju Jitsu. (and basic arnis and nun chucks) ssshhh. quiet

lang bout this ha...

i kinda miss the work out of a

sparring session. so, uhm, can i join the pack, or is the

lady out of place??? :blush:

Hi I would just like to know if you are willing to spar with other people aside from

your usual sparmates? :D

not sure about that Bo, but maybe given proper training, they'd stand a chance.

I didn't go beyond white in Taekwondo..got hit in the face too many f**king times to want to do it again. baka mabaril ko yung sparring partner ko e :lol: but I'm considering taking up something new. Was good in College P.E. arnis, but have yet to really see my potential on that.

What's advisable for a girl?

Hello, why dont you try Aikido, it is more on defense than on offense. :)

Interesting to know there are still traditionalists in our midst. Im taking up Jiujitsu and Yawyan. Plain. Simple. Efficient.

Try me  :lol:

Is YawYan similar to Muay Thai? where do you usually practice? :ninja:

Yaw yan was Philippine in origin back in 1972 while Muay Thai is from Thailand many years back, both utilizes all parts of the body as a weapon, both are effective and deadly. ;)

Guys, pansin ko lang sa mga UFC matches, parang mas nananalo lagi yung "pit fighters" or yung "freestyle streetfighters" kaysa sa mga martial arts, na t** kwon do etc etc.

Kaya minsan napag-isip-isip ko na baka useless naman yung martial arts kasi kina-kaya kaya lang sila ng mga walang specific discipline, puro mga pulot lang na techniques.