Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Guest Romeo

B)

Hi guys!

Watch FEARLESS 1 - the biggest Mixed Martial Arts tournament in the country on

July 5, 2003 at the PhilSports Arena (ULTRA), Pasig City

See foreign and local fighters clash inside the CAGE!

Fighters from Caesar Gracie and Team BJ Penn will be competing!

Exciting matches! Great music! Hot FEARLESS Babes!

Get your tickets at any SM TICKETNET or call 911-5555.

For more info about the tournament, please visit :

http://www.fearlessfighter.com

and

http://pinoymma.com

Guest Romeo

Hi guys!

Watch FEARLESS 1 - the biggest Mixed Martial Arts tournament in the country on

July 5, 2003 at the PhilSports Arena (ULTRA), Pasig City

See foreign and local fighters clash inside the CAGE!

Fighters from Caesar Gracie and Team BJ Penn will be competing!

Exciting matches! Great music! Hot FEARLESS Babes!

Get your tickets at any SM TICKETNET or call 911-5555.

For more info about the tournament, please visit :

http://www.fearlessfighter.com

and

http://pinoymma.com

just got back from a trip and one of my stops was the annual hall of fame/world karate union hall of fame awards night.

great experience, got to meet some of the highest ranked masters in this part of the world and also attended the open day where all systems present held demonstrations of their art.

was very impressed by the team from savate (french footboxing). not only were they very proficient they were also great guys to talk to and party with. these guys are so good the french government flies them to france to teach the local clubs what real savate is. apparently savate in france has degenerated into a sporting event and has lost it's combat orientation.

another thing i noticed at the dinner and the demo day: no egos. everybody was there to learn from each other, and it was a common sight to see 9th degrees from one system studying something different from a 2nd degree of another system.

for me that shows real humility and open mindedness, none of the "my style is better than your style" bullshit i used to encounter back in manila.

one filipino was inducted into the hall of fame this year for kali, and the systems that held demonstrations were karate (traditional and freestyle), judo, ju jitsu, taijutsu, hapkido, muay thai, savate, jodo, iaido, and kendo.

looking forward to next year to renew acquaintances and get more training done. hopefully i'll meet up with the savate guys soon and get some serious training, and partying, done.

yes you can! try it immediately, go to the nearest bank now and shout out to everybody "i know karate! give me all your money!"

and if you look up at the sky everyday at noon you'll see santa driving his sleigh with the tooth fairy and the easter bunny in pink tutus doing the "ketchup dance".

and if you look up at the sky everyday at noon you'll see santa driving his sleigh with the tooth fairy and the easter bunny in pink tutus doing the "ketchup dance".

And Santa's assistants will be dancing the Spaghetti dance:

"Spaghetting pababa, spaghetting pataas ..." :lol:

• 1 month later...

Crouching Tiger, Standing Dragon kasama? :lol:

Seriously... nung HS nag-Taekwondo ako, kaso nagka-appendicitis ko kaya natapos career ko run... College I took up Judo sa PE.

I never pursued seriously studying those arts...

Pero may natutunan din... natuto akong sumuntok ng malakas sa Sonic Blast Man :lol:

Edited by leinad31
Crouching Tiger, Standing Dragon kasama? :lol:

Seriously... nung HS nag-Taekwondo ako, kaso nagka-appendicitis ko kaya natapos career ko run... College I took up Judo sa PE.

I never pursued seriously studying those arts...

Pero may natutunan din... natuto akong sumuntok ng malakas sa Sonic Blast Man :lol:

at least may natutunan ka, seriously maganda yan, sayang di natuloy

8th Dan Sayonachi (sa yo na tsinelas ko- takbo ako) hehehe :lol:

but seriously...

took up Aikido for 3 years while in college, as a hobby and to keep fit, also dabbled in Karate, and took up Arnis in PE

Too bad... got rusty after graduation... no more practice...

• 4 weeks later...
used to study jeet kune do and jiu jitsu.. sarian pero hectic na sched sa skul kya i stopped training

pre..la salle ka no?...sarian...di ba exclusive yan for a select group of lasalle students? musta na yung aguilar brothers...

nung bata ako foundation naming mga magpipinsan wing tsun..pero informal teaching lang kasi me macau na nagtuturo sa min plus konting weaponry techniques especially using materials at hand as weapons.....tapos nung college medyo arnis and JKD concepts...sa vito cruz hanggang senior level..pero walang grappling eh...kaya kulang...parng gusto ko nga subukan kahit anong grappling art pero mukhang di na kakayanin ng baga ko...hahahaha....

Hello to all Martial artist, Highest respect to everyone, I'm new here in MTC, and I saw this thread, I've been studying Martial Arts way back 1989, but I stopped few years back cuz i have many things to do na, It's good to see na marami pa rin palang followers ang Martial arts, I've been to some of the practices and skills, from Wing tsun, to kickboxing, JKD, Wu shu and many other practices, I've been to some tournaments, some win some loss, hehehehehe, thats life!!!! hey sana mag set tayo ng meeting with all the practisioners of this art, no gloves, no body armour, no referees, no rings and matresses, BEER Lang at pulutan :blink: , just to have some fun lang ba!hey More power to all!!!!!! CHILLL B)

THE DRAGON IS IN THE HOUSE