Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Hi guys... just a quick "what if" question... What if Frank Shamrock faced Ken Shamrock in the octagon... who do you think would win?

frank would win over ken cause skills and technique they're about the same. the determining factor is cardio.

frank has better cardio, better than tito ortiz, and i bet that it will be hi edge over his brother.

but i could be wrong though. :rolleyes:

<hvl>

dude,

been training in one thing or another since i was 12. right now am concentrating on freestyle karate (rank: nidan, title: dai sempai), muay thai (instructor's certification), capoeira, and amok. however, i cross train in just about anything i come across. due to nature of work am pretty tight-lipped about location. let's just say i don't live in the us, but in a country with four seasons.

oh yeah, i'd pick randy couture. no real reason, probably because i also have some wrestling experience and love seeing wrestlers kick ass in the octagon.

<hvl>

dude,

been training in one thing or another since i was 12. right now am concentrating on freestyle karate (rank: nidan, title: dai sempai), muay thai (instructor's certification), capoeira, and amok. however, i cross train in just about anything i come across. due to nature of work am pretty tight-lipped about location. let's just say i don't live in the us, but in a country with four seasons.

oh yeah, i'd pick randy couture. no real reason, probably because i also have some wrestling experience and love seeing wrestlers kick ass in the octagon.

Maybe if we could meet sometime if your free, you could show me a thing or two.

:D One of my friends will be competing in Fearless and we are in need of pracititioners who can show us a thing or two in groundfighting. I hope you can

help us with this. Thanks :ninja:

i dunno if this will make sense but i feel like posting a bit of my martial arts history... i started karate do since the time i started to remember -- my dad is my mentor since he is an instructor himsel. formal tarining since 9, junior blackbelt by 11 and then i stop... continued practicning during highschool and again i stopped while i was 14... started training tea kwon do at 16 and stopped at 17...

there... it was a start and stop kind of thing with me... and now i can't even knock a fly hehehehehe totally KALAWANG na po ang mga joints ko heheheheh... i miss the adrenalin though not to mention the always present swollen shin :)

Reached only Yellow for both Karate and Aikido. Took up wrestling in college.

Question: Can Pinoy heavyweights do well in UFC?

There is one fil-am heavyweight whose well known in MMA. His family has a distribution company here in the Philippines, but is based in Guam and is thought to be fromt he US. He had fought sa UFC before and used to be a roomate of Gracie at UHF 2 I think.

FYI.

Thanks! ;)

Edited by bonito99

<hvl>

dude,

if i ever get back to the noble and ever loyal i'll look you up. i'm really impressed by the passion you show for fma and that's a rare commodity in today's world. i might not be the right person to show you grappling though, i've had some wrestling and bjj experience, but not enough to even contemplate showing others. i suppose that's the result of a lifetime spent striking.

good luck to your friend in fearless, is this a filipino nhb event? and if it is are there videos for sale? i'd really like to find out where to get some.

<hvl>

dude,

if i ever get back to the noble and ever loyal i'll look you up. i'm really impressed by the passion you show for fma and that's a rare commodity in today's world. i might not be the right person to show you grappling though, i've had some wrestling and bjj experience, but not enough to even contemplate showing others. i suppose that's the result of a lifetime spent striking.

good luck to your friend in fearless, is this a filipino nhb event? and if it is are there videos for sale? i'd really like to find out where to get some.

What tapes do you need? my instructor owns a wide variety of martial arts tapes, in fact most of them are still in betamax format.

Can you please pm me your email address? :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
There is one fil-am heavyweight whose well known in MMA. His family has a distribution company here in the Philippines, but is based in Guam and is thought to be fromt he US. He had fought sa UFC before and used to be a roomate of Gracie at UHF 2 I think.

FYI.

Thanks! ;)

It took me sometime to remember, only go to see the girl who told me since they were his parters here in the Philippines, his name is Jon Calvo...really large guy with cauliflower ears so you know hes a professionally into MMA...