• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Duterte's Presidency : Expectations, Controversies, Rants, Etc.

Economic growth picks up in Duterte's first 3 months

http://news.abs-cbn.com/business/11/17/16/economic-growth-picks-up-in-dutertes-first-3-months

Gross domestic product in the July to September period grew 7.1 percent, compared to the 7-percentexpansion in the previous quarter, maintaining the country’s status as one of Asia’s fastest-growing economies, the Philippine Statistics Authority said.

Economists polled by Reuters and Bloomberg had expected a 6.7-percent expansion in the third quarter due to the lack of election spending that fueled growth in the first six months of the year.

“The new government benefited from the approval of a P3-trillion budget under Mr. Aquino, because of that they were able to get the ball rolling very quickly,” he said. (THANKS PNOY!!!) :P

Private investments jumped 16.2 percent from 4 percent during the same period last year. Public construction grew 20 percent while private consumption increased by 7.3 percent, data showed.

- oh kala ko ba andaming umaalis na investor? asan na ung magagaling na "business analysts" dito? :lol: :lol:

Edited by daphne loves derby

dagdag mo pa dyan na may mga ongoing peace talks na with MILF, NPA at MNLF kaya walang looming rebellion threat.

well i hope this is just one of his blunders na puro satsat na hindi naman kayang gawin tulad ng UN threat, US threat atbp. non-sense "pa brusko" statements.

magtrabaho na lang kasi wag ng dumada ng dumada. d b boss??? ;)

agree ako dyan, kudos to Duterte for that, siya lang among the recent candidates ang may malaking chance to end the Communist rebellion

on that note .... Bakit nag-pe-percolate pa rin sa talking points niya ang declaration ng Martial Law?

Nahuli na lahat ng Davao bombing suspects, no looming threats kamo, are we still under a State of National Emergency? lifted na ba?

Me thinks he has something up his sleeve and we better take his threats seriously before it's too late.

Halatang selective news lang ang tinitignan mo. Ano ang pagkakaiba? MAy naumpisahan ba dun sa project para hindi siya mappasagasa sa train? Itong war on drugs ang layo na ng narating simula nung nagumpisa ito. And its still working on progress, dirediretsong gumagalaw at gumagana ang campaign. Ang layo ng comparison diba sa walng nangyari at sa kasalukuyang may nangyayari na.

Para walang bias sa pag pick up ng news ikaw na sumagot based sa news.

Simpleng tanong, ano ba ang sinabi ni digong?

A. patayin siya pag di niya natupad in six months.

B. patayin siya pag walang naumpisahan.

Edited by rooster69ph

Para walang bias sa pag pick up ng news ikaw na sumagot based sa news.

Simpleng tanong, ano ba ang sinabi ni digong?

A. patayin siya pag di niya natupad in six months.

B. patayin siya pag walang naumpisahan.

So its the same for you that he did not met the deadline but did a very good satisfactory effort kesa sa did not do an effort at all kay Abnoy. Bakit ang masa or any news hindi binabalikan ang sinabi niya tungkol sa war on drugs? Kasi nakikita nila yung resulta na obviously blind eye ka dun Like I always said perfect or nothing + blind follower ni Abnoy ka kasi,

So its the same for you that he did not met the deadline but did a very good satisfactory effort kesa sa did not do an effort at all kay Abnoy. Bakit ang masa or any news hindi binabalikan ang sinabi niya tungkol sa war on drugs? Kasi nakikita nila yung resulta na obviously blind eye ka dun Like I always said perfect or nothing + blind follower ni Abnoy ka kasi,

Simple lang tanong ko...multiple choice na nga di mo pa rin masagot ng diretcho...dami mong palusot!

Simple lang tanong ko...multiple choice na nga di mo pa rin masagot ng diretcho...dami mong palusot!

Ang damio kong ngang tanong sayo lahat iniiwasan mo ng sagot. Well I gues nasa very minority ka naman. Everyone is very satisfied sa war on drugs niya even lumampas sa 6 months. Except the criminals and you lang naman ang hindi happy so it means that's negligible.

Edited by haroots2

Russia to buy $2.5B in PH agri produce

Russia committed to buy up to a staggering $2.5 billion worth of Philippine fruit, grains or vegetables during last Saturday’s bilateral discussions between President Duterte and Vladimir Putin, officials said on Sunday.

Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez said the Russian side agreed “immediately” to a proposal for the importation of Philippine fruit and other agricultural products in the next 12 months.

This dwarfs the $80 million worth of exports the Philippines currently ships to Russia every year, he said.

“We were talking of what they could buy from us, especially agricultural products, but nothing was specified. But I understand we supply them with a huge quantity of bananas… and mangoes. With these kinds of discussions, these present more trading opportunities between us,” Lopez said.

Lopez said Putin also offered to help the Philippines through investments in energy and infrastructure.

Lopez said the Philippine leader’s bilateral discussion with Xi also bore plenty of fruit for the country.

“I took note of a report that a Chinese delegation recently closed a transaction for $100 million worth of fruit from the Philippines, primarily bananas. That involves 100,000 tons only for one transaction,” he said.

He said that was a huge deal considering the Philippines shipped about 700,000 tons of bananas to China every year.

Edited by daphne loves derby

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/149893/russia-buy-2-5b-ph-agri-produce/amp

Russia committed to buy up to a staggering $2.5 billion worth of Philippine fruit, grains or vegetables during last Saturdays bilateral discussions between President Duterte and Vladimir Putin, officials said on Sunday.

Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez said the Russian side agreed immediately to a proposal for the importation of Philippine fruit and other agricultural products in the next 12 months.

This dwarfs the $80 million worth of exports the Philippines currently ships to Russia every year, he said.

We were talking of what they could buy from us, especially agricultural products, but nothing was specified. But I understand we supply them with a huge quantity of bananas and mangoes. With these kinds of discussions, these present more trading opportunities between us, Lopez said.

Lopez said Putin also offered to help the Philippines through investments in energy and infrastructure.

Lopez said the Philippine leaders bilateral discussion with Xi also bore plenty of fruit for the country.

I took note of a report that a Chinese delegation recently closed a transaction for $100 million worth of fruit from the Philippines, primarily bananas. That involves 100,000 tons only for one transaction, he said.

He said that was a huge deal considering the Philippines shipped about 700,000 tons of bananas to China every year.

I am waiting for negative comments. :) hehe

Russia committed to buy up to a staggering $2.5 billion worth of Philippine fruit, grains or vegetables during last Saturday’s bilateral discussions between President Duterte and Vladimir Putin, officials said on Sunday.

Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez said the Russian side agreed “immediately” to a proposal for the importation of Philippine fruit and other agricultural products in the next 12 months.

“We were talking of what they could buy from us, especially agricultural products, but nothing was specified. But I understand we supply them with a huge quantity of bananas… and mangoes. With these kinds of discussions, these present more trading opportunities between us,” Lopez said.

Lopez said the Philippine leader’s bilateral discussion with Xi also bore plenty of fruit for the country.

“I took note of a report that a Chinese delegation recently closed a transaction for $100 million worth of fruit from the Philippines, primarily bananas. That involves 100,000 tons only for one transaction,” he said.

I hope these deals do materialize. For a time China practically closed its market to Philippine bananas because as a soft retaliation in the West Philippine Sea dispute. Bananas exported to China were destroyed by Chinese authorities because they supposedly "did not meet quality standards". I just came from a banana producing province yesterday and my counterparts there told me the local producers are working to increase production considering China opened its market again to the Philippines.

And I hope Russia's commitment for the $2.5 billion worth of produce is not a limited offer for the next 12 months only. I'm not sure if the Philippine producers can increase production by 3000% in the next 12 months to meet the $2.5 billion threshold from a current export level of $80 million.