Dc And Marvel Universe

I just watched the Fantastic 4 and Transformers yesterday with my female "friend."

Fantastic 4 was fairly good. I expected to see Galactus in a human form but what we saw was a gas cloud which almost consumed Earth. Nevertheless The Rise of the Silver Surfer is better than the first movie. There were better depictions of their powers, but still something is missing.

We loved the Transformers. You guys should watched it. Bumblebee was a 1970s car and then upgraded into a production sports car. Bumblebee was not depicted as a bug Volkswagen. Optimus Prime was still a truck but his robot form was changed. Almost all of the robots in robot forms were changed to make it more realistic but the old elements of G1 transformers were still there.

However, I noticed that Megatron didn't have his famous large Canon. He also changed into an alien jet instead of a gun. But watch the movie promise you would love the comedy specially when the Autobots were trying to hide. Plus the action was WOW.

I was a bit disappointed with Fantastic Four, but Transformers is good maybe excellent.

Ah, I love this cover as well. You should get the poster bro.

I've always loved David Finch, bro.. I've always loved his work on the Ascension (Image comics).. Not so much into posters but the XMen 200 gate fold cover rocks.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Hmmm Cassandra Cain a Titan? wow...DC universe's 3rd or 4th best martial artist (behind lady Shiva and the Bat, some say even Green Arrow/Connor Hawke)

I don't really know why they brought back Jericho. probably because si Deathstroke saka yung Titans East yung kalaban nila. Titans east is led by Batgirl, Cassie Cain. Deathstroke is making life miserable for Ravager, Jericho and the other Titans. particularly his children. pero this storyline was months back. Medyo hindi na rin ako sumusunod sa Titans.
Hmmm Cassandra Cain a Titan? wow...DC universe's 3rd or 4th best martial artist (behind lady Shiva and the Bat, some say even Green Arrow/Connor Hawke)

to be more specific Titans East sya. it's a group of villainous Titans formed by Deathstroke. Cassandra Cain became a villain in the One Year Later jump of the DC Timeline after Infinite Crisis. I haven't read the book that explains why that is pero she's been trained by Deathstroke.

I've always loved David Finch, bro.. I've always loved his work on the Ascension (Image comics).. Not so much into posters but the XMen 200 gate fold cover rocks.. :thumbsupsmiley:

I bought all 3 issue covers and ordered the poster. Damn, it's a whopping 55 X 20! :sick:

I also have the cover for Classic Avengers #1 and another Avengers poster by Leinil Yu. Makes me wonder where to hang them :lol:

The X-Men books got me pumped up right now, can't wait to read the milestone issue and Sinestro Corps!

Finch is clearly something I'd remember for years to come.

You might as well include Karate Kid on the list. The dude schooled Batman recently. And Batman even admitted the guy is much more skilled than what Superman classified him (Karate Kid) into.

to be more specific Titans East sya. it's a group of villainous Titans formed by Deathstroke. Cassandra Cain became a villain in the One Year Later jump of the DC Timeline after Infinite Crisis. I haven't read the book that explains why that is pero she's been trained by Deathstroke.

I'm not following Teen Titans but as far as I know she's not in herself when she's with Deathstroke's team. She got brainwashed or something.

You might want to check out Planet X Comics's opening this weekend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comic Odyssey invites you to the *GRAND OPENING* of our newest branch on SATURDAY JULY 7, 2007

Level II, M2 S-2140e, EDSA Corner North Ave., Quezon City

Come meet Special Guest Artists:

*Lan Medina - Penciler (Fables, Punisher, Silver Surfer, Spawn, District X, and more)

*Mico Suayan - Penciler (Moon Knight, Trakk Monster Hunter)

*Edgar Tadeo - Inker/Colorist (Wolverine, X-men, Iron Man, Spawn, and more)

*Carlo Pagulayan - Penciler (Incredible Hulk, Elektra, Emma Frost, Fantastic Four, and more)

*Jeff Huet - Inker (Incredible Hulk, Fantastic Four)

*Wilson Tortosa - Penciler (Battle of the Planets, Tomb Raider)

Artists will be signing from 1pm-5pm. The first 50 people in attendance will receive a special print created just for this event. Due to time and space constraints, sketch requests from artists will be limited. Full mechanics on sketch requests to be announced at the grand opening.

For more info, please call 536-8070 or 914-0040.

You can also e-mail at staff@comic-odyssey.com

The X-Men books got me pumped up right now, can't wait to read the milestone issue and Sinestro Corps!

Bro, re: the new Sinestro Corps.. The reviews are great in the US.. I have reserved a copy for myself.. But its just a one-shot.. Do you suggest buying the tie-ins as well? As far as I know, Green Lantern and the Corps will be the tie-ins.. Any info would be appreciated, bro.. Thanks..

I am also getting the Countdown series.. It looks unpromising na naman.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

You might as well include Karate Kid on the list. The dude schooled Batman recently. And Batman even admitted the guy is much more skilled than what Superman classified him (Karate Kid) into.

Yeah but Batman still beat him by cheating. hahahaha...

I'm not following Teen Titans but as far as I know she's not in herself when she's with Deathstroke's team. She got brainwashed or something.

She's still kinda cool. I don't mind her being a villain. for as long as she gets a lot of face time and finally move out of a supporting role.

Bro, re: the new Sinestro Corps.. The reviews are great in the US.. I have reserved a copy for myself.. But its just a one-shot.. Do you suggest buying the tie-ins as well? As far as I know, Green Lantern and the Corps will be the tie-ins.. Any info would be appreciated, bro.. Thanks..

I am also getting the Countdown series.. It looks unpromising na naman.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

i agree.... Countdown is starting to suck. I don't really know where they are going with it. I hope they don't bring Superboy Prime back. He's f#&king annoying.

You might want to check out Planet X Comics's opening this weekend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comic Odyssey invites you to the *GRAND OPENING* of our newest branch on SATURDAY JULY 7, 2007

Level II, M2 S-2140e, EDSA Corner North Ave., Quezon City

I don't even know what M2 S-2149e is. EDSA cor. North Ave, isn't that either Trinoma or SM City?

ewan ko kung OnT kung pagusapan transformers dito ah, pasensya na mods :D..

pero Megatron had his canon pero modified nga lang, pinangtira niya kay Optimus Prime, yung pinagdikit nya yung dalawang kamay nya tpos when he fired at Optimus tumalsik siya, remember that scene?..

i was dissapointed na hindi ko pinakita si Galactus sa Rise of the Silver Surfer, i think ipapakita siya sa spin-off movie ni Silver Surfer :)..

lets do a vs. thread

straight up hand to hand fight

no weapons

Batman

vs.

Daredevil

who wins?

:cool: Batman vs. Daredevil.. Well, Matt Murdock has powers.. He was bombarded with radioactive chemicals which blinded him and gave him heightened senses that includes a "radar sense.." - that means he can actually see images.. Much like Batman, Daredevil is a gifted athlete and is also superb in hand to hand combat.. And Batman has no powers..

So, without weapons, I would say Daredevil because of his heightened senses.. Bruce Wayne is definitely more intelligent but without weapons, the Batman would falter against the Devil..

How about.. Aquaman and the Sub-Mariner? :lol:

----

There is a new company crossover coming next week.. its New Avengers/Transformers.. 4 part mini-series.. Check it out.. BTW, the story happened before the Civil War..

post-75683-1183531136.jpg

Edited by revi

Yeah, i forgot the dude...as well as the Richard Dragon character :D

I think Matt would win, his radar senses plus his "heightened" other senses will give him an edge, since both are equally superb hand to hand combatants...

unless The Bat would outwit the Devil by "utilizing" the environs to "neutralize" or cripple his radar :D, id go for the Man without Fear

lets do a vs. thread

no weapons

Batman

vs.

Daredevil

who wins?

Edited by orionpax
lets do a vs. thread

no weapons

Batman

vs.

Daredevil

who wins?

In my opinion lang naman...

If it was an impromptu fair fight, MAYBE Daredevil would take it. But given enough time to prepare, lets say a day or two, Bats would know DD strengths and weaknesses inside and out. Plus he would DEFINITELY cheat so he would win hands down. :)

Wasnt it the other way around? Wasnt Batman saying that Clark ranked him lower than Karate Kid and that he liked being under-ranked? I could be wrong though. :huh:

lets do a vs. thread

no weapons

Batman

vs.

Daredevil

who wins?

I'll still go with the Bat hands down. The Bat would find a way to exploit the Devil's weaknesses. He lasted a couple of minutes with Superman using his own wits and a Kryptonite ring. (See: Hush)

Bats is an instinctive fighter. He uses his brain as much as his brawn. He'll also find a way to turn Matt's own blindness against him. Not to mention he's at the peak of his physiology much like DD is. (DD's powers are just more of enhanced senses) The only guy I could think of who has Bat's fighting skills is Steve Rogers. Even then, Steve isn't a dirty fighter.

I think Matt would win, his radar senses plus his "heightened" other senses will give him an edge, since both are equally superb hand to hand combatants...

unless The Bat would outwit the Devil by "utilizing" the environs to "neutralize" or cripple his radar :D, id go for the Man without Fear[/b]

Batman is still the best hand-to-hand fighter in the DCU. probably rivals Steve Rogers (who was the best hand-to-hand fighter in the Marvel U). Batman fights dirty. He will definitely use the environs to even the fight somehow. So Bats still has the advantage.

Well, if it is a pre-arranged , planned match..,id give it to Bats...who will map out every weak point and use the venue of the match as a "weapon" against Matt

but if its impromptu and fair (clean) as mentioned...id go for the Devil :D

Batman is still the best hand-to-hand fighter in the DCU. probably rivals Steve Rogers (who was the best hand-to-hand fighter in the Marvel U). Batman fights dirty. He will definitely use the environs to even the fight somehow. So Bats still has the advantage.

Well, if it is a pre-arranged , planned match..,id give it to Bats...who will map out every weak point and use the venue of the match as a "weapon" against Matt

but if its impromptu and fair (clean) as mentioned...id go for the Devil :D

don't underestimate the Bat's fighting skills, he's a blackbelt in almost every known martial art (although how he achieved this before 40 without buying the belts is beyond me). so he has legit martial arts skills.

If they meet in a dark alley and decide to give it a go....

I'd have to give it to batman, he's pretty smart in a short time he'd figure out how DD does his echo location (even bullseye figured it out in the movie) and pretty much take advantage of it. He'd be on the way to the hospital after though, but he'd win.

Given two weeks prep time?

Matt Murdoch will be using that cane for real. Batman is unbeatable given ample time to prepare.

Batman is still the best hand-to-hand fighter in the DCU. probably rivals Steve Rogers (who was the best hand-to-hand fighter in the Marvel U).

uhmm no

Steve Rogers is at the peak of human potential.

and he has been fighting for far longer than batman.

Experience, Physical Strength, Fighting Skill, and the willingness to go all out if need be (batman pulls his punches, ever wonder why in one issue he beats the crap out of some super powered villain, only to be beaten bloody by a street thug in the next issue?) are all advantages for Captain America.

No amount of prep time can prepare Bruce Wayne for Super Roid Head Steve Rogers.

There are a lot of fighters in the MU who can beat the crap out of Batman, Iron Fist, Shang Chi, I'd argue that even Frank Castle can give Bruce Wayne all he can handle.

Edited by Larry