Dc And Marvel Universe

MARVEL TO k*ll OFF MAJOR X-MEN

from IGN.com link

Marvel to k*ll Major X-Men Characters

Endangered species, indeed. Who dies?

by Richard George

May 18, 2007 - "No more mutants."

Those three words, uttered by the Scarlet Witch during the finale of House of M, changed the landscape of the world. Millions of mutants were instantly powerless. This June, X-Men: Endangered Species will closely examine the impact of these changes. What happens to a species when there are no new births in the population? Can anything be done to reverse the situation? Will anyone help a group that is widely regarded as a menace?

Writer Mike Carey and Scot Eaton will helm a special one-shot that will then kick off an ongoing series of backstories throughout some of the core X-Men books. This storyline will then lead to a major Marvel mutant event in the fall, though the company is remaining quiet on details. Below is the cover to the one-shot. We see a group of X-Men gathering on the hillside of a graveyard. Who has passed? Prior to today we had no idea who might die during Endangered. IGN is about to change that.

One thing is for sure, the X-Men will have their hands full. We've seen that Mr. Sinister is lurking in the shadows, and that definitely doesn't bode well for the team. We've also heard rumblings about Magneto. He's currently powerless, but you never know what might happen in the next five months. Marvel has provided IGN with two images from the special. The first shows Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Cannonball, Cyclops and Iceman rushing into battle.

Without a doubt, that is one formidable group of mutants. We've seen countless foes taken down by less powerful X-Men. But this is Endangered Species, and major changes are in store for Marvel's Mighty Mutants. Mike Carey has also established a trend for creating incredibly powerful villains. Ordinarily we'd assume a team like this could handle any threat, but then we took a look at the second image.

Wolverine is the only one left. Surrounding him are the tombstones of Ororo Monroe (Storm), Hank McCoy (Beast), Kitty Pryde (Shadowcat), two tombs labeled Summers (Cyclops and Cable) and perhaps one for Bishop. That is one hefty body count. What could result in such carnage? Who has the potential to unleash such an apocalypse? Certainly something sinister is happening, and there's no telling if the upcoming one-shot will provide answers or merely show us that certain doom is coming in just a few months.

*click on the link to see the images

wow.. big news. that's at least 2 icons from the original x-men, 2 icons from the 2nd group of x-men, 2 icons from the 80's and 90's x-men. major developments are coming indeed. pero i wonder where this leaves X-Men: The End. Non-canon comics ba yun or is that how it was really supposed to end?

Non-canon comics ba yun or is that how it was really supposed to end?

i always thought that The End was like a What If? comic and not really part of continuity.

and x-men don't really die, they always come back in some way, shape or form.

personally I think this is a bad move for marvel. If they k*ll off major characters they will have to make sure that they stay dead, or it will look lame (once again).. And they currently don't have 2nd tier characters to hold on to if they decide to k*ll some off.

very risky IMO

personally I think this is a bad move for marvel. If they k*ll off major characters they will have to make sure that they stay dead, or it will look lame (once again).. And they currently don't have 2nd tier characters to hold on to if they decide to k*ll some off.

very risky IMO

true. they seem to be killing off established characters one by one. i always thought they had a reason for cap dying pero this is ridiculous. i can understand bishop dying but kitty pryde, storm, beast and cyke? medyo malabo. although feeling ko havok is the summers brother that dies or maybe vulcan. baka nagkamali lang sila sa speculation.

at any rate this could be just a big publicity stunt by marvel to generate interest in the x-books. (they have been lame lately)

Tony Stark definitely sucks big time. he should become a villain na! hehehe

True. he sucks. i think they're trying to make him more bad-ass and conniving that Batman pero failing miserably. He's still an interesting character though. mas interesting na hindi mo alam kung hero sya or villain e.

Edited by rdaq97
And just a comment para sa mga nagspeculate kung sino papalit kay Stever Rogers, Iron Man made Hawkeye wear the costume and shield in Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America # 3. nice twist.

binalik nya yun shield ke ironman, tapos sabi ni ironman na gago, "pag sumama ke kina spiderman at powerman, ha-han-tingin kita!!!"

yun costume ibabalik nya kun maka punta sya sa pupuntahan nya kasi malamig daw...

di nya lang sigurdo gagamitin uli yun hawkeye alias, kse me hawkeye na sa young avengers na na meet mya din sa issue na yun.

si bucky naman sana mag audition na sunod, heheh.

haha parang affected kayo sobra kay iron man ah hehe bakit si reed richards di kayo affected eh mejo same lang naman sila ehehe pero para sa akin ok lang naman ung sa iron man ngayon, lalo na sa mighty avengers at shield director na sha, cool na ulit sha hehe

Ako personally, I hate Reed and Tony the same way. It's just that Tony is the active traitor and Reed is just in the background. So Tony gets more flak.

agree. Tony acts as the instigator kasi eh. Si Reed naman parang oo lang nang oo.haha

dammit!

Ako,talagang affected pa kay Tony Stark coz I'm still reading Civil War eh. hehehe

Di pa ako umaabot sa Mighty Avengers. CW2 pa lang ako and still working on the tie-ins.

Dinadahan-dahan ko baka maubusan ng basahin eh.haha

haha parang affected kayo sobra kay iron man ah hehe bakit si reed richards di kayo affected eh mejo same lang naman sila ehehe pero para sa akin ok lang naman ung sa iron man ngayon, lalo na sa mighty avengers at shield director na sha, cool na ulit sha hehe

naparusahan na si reed richards, hehehe. in the real world, pag yun asawa nangiwan tapos dumalaw sa katulad ni namor na indi malaman kun kaaway o kakampi na ubod ng yabang at alam mas magaling, na gusto din ni misis, indi ba masakit na punishment na yun, hehehe. si IM, walang mawala sa kanya, parang wa weakness to...kaya ang sarap pag naiisahan tong si IM,hehehe

halata ba na marveloid ako,heheh :thumbsupsmiley: ganda kse ng continuity ng marvel kesa DC.

halata ba na marveloid ako,heheh :thumbsupsmiley: ganda kse ng continuity ng marvel kesa DC.

This is soo true.. Kapag sobrang dami ng multi-universes ng isang comic book company, continuity would suffer.. Too many characters on different universes and now after the events in 52.. tsk, tsk.. <_<

smaug: Di pa masyado halata, pero pag alam o na rin nangayari dun sa mga less popular books eh halata na. :lol: And sang-ayon ako sau dun sa continuity ng Marvel eh mas ok kesa sa DC dahil dun sa ending ng 52. Last time na nakabasa ako ng medyo palpak sa MU eh dun sa part na asa Washington sina Iron Man at Spider-Man nung pre-Civil War. Magkaiba yung style ng buhok ni Peter Parker dun sa isang scene sa magkaibang comics.

revi: I guess ur head still hurts from 52 huh? DC could've started on a clean slate regarding their universe but they just confused most of the readers. I need to re-read the series (52) coz I'm still confused.

Larry: The Boys really intrigues me and I might include it on my pull list once it comes out.

don't know what Marvel was thinking when they put out this cover

http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/wp-content/2007/05/HFH13-.jpg

it's good for the eyes, no doubt, but doing a hentai style cover on a Marvel book? it reeks of the trying too hard.

binalik nya yun shield ke ironman, tapos sabi ni ironman na gago, "pag sumama ke kina spiderman at powerman, ha-han-tingin kita!!!"

yun costume ibabalik nya kun maka punta sya sa pupuntahan nya kasi malamig daw...

di nya lang sigurdo gagamitin uli yun hawkeye alias, kse me hawkeye na sa young avengers na na meet mya din sa issue na yun.

si bucky naman sana mag audition na sunod, heheh.

i think hawkeye is the one wearing the ronin costume now sa secret avengers

don't know what Marvel was thinking when they put out this cover

http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/wp-content/2007/05/HFH13-.jpg

it's good for the eyes, no doubt, but doing a hentai style cover on a Marvel book? it reeks of the trying too hard.

Yup. No offense to anime lovers but I don't dig this.

Last time na nakabasa ako ng medyo palpak sa MU eh dun sa part na asa Washington sina Iron Man at Spider-Man nung pre-Civil War. Magkaiba yung style ng buhok ni Peter Parker dun sa isang scene sa magkaibang comics.

nye :lol: :upside: malamang nagalit mga fanboys nyan, heheh.

I thought iisa lang ang story per super hero.

I made some research and found out that comic books are very complex.

DC Earth two version. Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age Version... Oh damn nakakahilo.

Its a good thing they brought back JLA, there are so many unknown Superheroes.

Just want to know kung anong definite timeline ng JLA? Like Flash, he came from Wally. How about Superman?, I think there are 2-4 versions of superman, Khal El, Kal L, Red and Blue.

Thanks in advance.

Nakakahilo talaga sa DC. Ok na sana sila kaso nung magtapos ung series na 52 eh andaming nahilo kase binalik nila yung Multiverse nila. As of now 52 ang earth nila, main universe eh ung New Earth kung di ako nagkakamali at ung mga sumunod eh Earth 1 to Earth 51.

As for Supes eh dedo na yung si Kal L. Yung Red at Blue eh di ako sigurado kung ano sila pero lam ko lumabas yan nung mga pnahaon pagtapos ma-resurrect ni Supes. At madame pa kaya andaming sumakit ang ulo.

Hope this somehow helps.

DC should have never brought back the multi-verse.. It really made their continuity suffer.. The events in the first Crisis seems to have gone to the dogs.. 52's events are now the focal point.. In 10 years, another crisis would emerge and destroy the multi-verse once again.. Ano ito? Cycle? bwehehehe!!! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Marvel, on the other hand, has a better continuity than DC.. Still, I can't help but just smirk over time travelling.. When Bishop, Cable and other guys from the future came into the XMen's continuity, it seemed like the XMen storyline became more like DC's.. I still remember vividly when Havok was sent to another timeline and formed Generation X.. Nahilo ako..

But at least its not the whole comic universe.. Sa DC kasi ang gulo ng buong universe nila.. But I still get some titles of DC.. I am currently getting Countdown.. Kaso ang gulo din.. :unsure:

oo nga.. mas magulo talaga continuity ng DC. Sa Marvel mas madaling i-traceback yung continuity nya. Credit that to an editorial team that does a great job of double-checking the stuff scribes write for Marvel. sa DC, you think something happened then the next thing you know they're saying it's another multiverse. 52 was fun for awhile but lost its appeal after several issues. Countdown is ambitious but considering DC's history, probably won't count for much.

World War Hulk na lang!

The 4 "Supermen" you were referring to were Steel (Armored JLA member), Superboy (a clone of Supes made by Cadmus), The Eradicator (Alien) and Metallo...

This is if we follow post Crisis (circa 86) storyline..

Superman Blue & Red are in the same storyline after Supes is resurrected with Kryptonian medicine

The Russian versions of Supes/Bats are from the Elseworlds storyline much like Marvel's Amalgam

The Batman who is the "genetic" father of Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond) is the Post Crisis Batman, wherein all storylines where rebooted (Wally West is Flash , when most of us know he is Barry Allen in pre Crisis, since Wally is Kid Flash of Teen Titans etc)

The Batman you were referring to could be Azrael or Nightwing (Dick Grayson), who pitched in for Bruce Wayne when Bane broke his back

Sa pagkakaalam ko nung namatay si Superman, merong 4 na superman na pumalet, man of Iron, super boy tapos meron pang dalawa.

Yung superman red and blue, don na resolve yung love story kay Lois Lane at Lana Lang.

Then meron pang Superman version of Russia, at Superman Uk/Britain.

As for Batman, magulo din.

Merong Batman na may anak kay Catwoman which is Huntress. I think Earth Two version yon.

Merong Batman na ang genetic son is Terry Magilis.

Merong Batman na di si Bruce Wayne, pero Batman sya na depedent sa gadgets. Dumating sya nung na injured si Bruce Wayne.

Sa Marvel di ganon ka Complex. Ang alam ko lang nagkakaiba ng story is between sa Comics, cartoons at movies.

My all time Marvel favorite is Wolverine. I cant wait for his Movie

Edited by orionpax