Dc And Marvel Universe

The Russian versions of Supes/Bats are from the Elseworlds storyline much like Marvel's Amalgam

Correct me if I am wrong bro.. Amalgam Comics was created when DC and Marvel connived and made a huge company to company cross-over.. Hence Amalgam presented characters such as Spider Boy, etc.... I think Amalgam was owned by both DC and Marvel..

Elseworlds is more like the What if books of Marvel.. Ultimates is somewhat like a re-make with different twists/characters, etc... Tama ba?

Thanks for pointing that out bro, yup, Amalgam is a collaboration by both DC and Marvel

Right, both Elseworlds and Ultimates are not within the continuing storyline of Marvel (Civil War or House of M?? )

Correct me if I am wrong bro.. Amalgam Comics was created when DC and Marvel connived and made a huge company to company cross-over.. Hence Amalgam presented characters such as Spider Boy, etc.... I think Amalgam was owned by both DC and Marvel..

Elseworlds is more like the What if books of Marvel.. Ultimates is somewhat like a re-make with different twists/characters, etc... Tama ba?

Havent read much about Logan lately but from what i know, after Magneto stripped off the Adamantium off him, it took time for his healing factor to work on his recovery, only to know that the Adamantium itself was "restricting" his "evolving" mutant powers..he thus gained an exponential increase of his mutant power. He can now regenerate skin, bones and internal organs in minutes or seconds.

He was bonded with Adamantium again when he won a duel with a then Adamantium bonded Sabretooth to become one of the Horsemen, Death. He wanted to win, because if Sabretooth won, he kept the Adamantium and will be under total control of Apocalypse and do his every bidding, thus wreak more havoc. So he chose the lesser evil to be Death and later fight off the clutches of Apocalypse's control with the help of Jubilee

Its hard to track back the history of those characters. Most of the stories / comics appeared before I was born. :)

More about wolverine,

Do you know the full story when Magnetto removed the Adumantium from Wolverines body?

As I heard, Wolverine's healing power became faster. Apparently some of his healing power were preventing the intoxication of his blood due to the Adumantium in his bone.

Did he have another Adumantium transplant?

Edited by orionpax
When's the series gonna end ba?CAn't wait to get my hands on those scans! hehe

sorry to burst your bubble dude but World War Hulk is just going to start this month. hehehe. kung 7-issue series sya like Civil War, probably next year pa yan mageend.

How about the story of Wolverine during his old age? I saw a pdf of that before but I was not able to download it.

Maraming nang stories na ganito. Although I think you're referring to Wolverine: The End. I can't remember kung tama yung title. hehehe.

Then meron pang Superman version of Russia,

Superman: Red Son

one of the best Superman stories ever.

and it's out of continuity.

Ultimates is somewhat like a re-make with different twists/characters, etc... Tama ba?

correct

The Ultimate line is a complete re-boot of the Marvel Universe, the characters are the same, some look different, and some personalities are vastly different (i.e. Hawkeye and Ult. Hawkeye where Hawkeye is more than just some arrow shooting dude, and the most notable is Collosus and Ult. Collosus, where the Ult. version is an actual homosexual who has a thing for Wolverine)

Edited by Larry
Collosus Homosexual? Yuck.... Hehehehehehe

Macho din po ba yon? Parang kadari.

kadiri talaga

but he's not a flaming homo ala John Lapuz, he's more like that hair and grooming fag on Queer Eye.

and yes he's still macho (actually Ult. Collosus is the "hunk" of the Ult. XMen women all swoon over him)

I'd still prefer those Image characters. Actually hindi na ako nagbasa ng Marvel and DC Comics ever since Jim Lee, Andy Williams, Adam and Andy Kubert, While Portacio, Todd Macfarlane, Marc Silvestri, Jim Valentino and Rob Liefield jumped ship. Whew, that was quite some time ago. hahaha

Edited by Boss_boso

Image was a great idea gone bad

Stormwatch, Deathblow and Wetworks (which has been relaunched I think) were some favorites, but most their other books sucked.

Actually hindi na ako nagbasa ng Marvel and DC Comics ever since Jim Lee, Andy Williams, Adam and Andy Kubert, While Portacio, Todd Macfarlane, Marc Silvestri, Jim Valentino and Rob Liefield jumped ship

most of the artists you mentioned are back in either Marvel or DC

Jim Lee (DC)

Kubert Bros (Marvel, 1602 the limited series had excellent art)

Todd McFarlane doesn't seem interested in drawing anymore

Rob Liefeld (Marvel) and he still sucks.

Image was a great idea gone bad

Stormwatch, Deathblow and Wetworks (which has been relaunched I think) were some favorites, but most their other books sucked.

most of the artists you mentioned are back in either Marvel or DC

Jim Lee (DC)

Kubert Bros (Marvel, 1602 the limited series had excellent art)

Todd McFarlane doesn't seem interested in drawing anymore

Rob Liefeld (Marvel) and he still sucks.

Liefeld is back with Marvel? since when? His art really blows but some of his early work was ok-ish.

Liefeld is back with Marvel? since when? His art really blows but some of his early work was ok-ish.

Liefeld resurrected the original X-force for marvel about 2 years back, don't know if he made another project.

As for Jim Lee, it's not surprising that he's doing so much work for DC...DC bought Wildstorm comics a few years ago. Stormwatch, WildCats, The Authority, Wetworks...they're all published under DC (although they are still creator-owned). I'm kinda pissed off with Jim Lee lately because I've been waiting so long for the Wildstorm relaunch, only to find out the better books (WildCats / Authority) are so delayed because Jim Lee couldn't prioritize on which comics to work on. It's like they're back to the old Image days!

See Onslaught: Reborn.

ay oo nga pala. pero I thought that was a one time thing. is he back for good? does this mean they will finally split up Cable and Deadpool into two comics? (Liefeld was the reason they had to put Cable and Deadpool in one comic kasi ayaw na magbayad ng Marvel ng royalties kay Liefeld)

does anybody have an idea when World War Hulk # 1 ships?

I can't wait for the Hulk to kick Iron ass. bwahahahaha...

does anybody have an idea when World War Hulk # 1 ships?

I can't wait for the Hulk to kick Iron ass. bwahahahaha...

WWHulk#1 should be released this month.. That should be fun.. Let us see how the Hulk takes on the whole Iluminati.. Namor, Black Bolt.. haha.. This should be fun..

XMen: Engangered Species is also due this June.. The story arc that would span 5 months and would be a cross-over of sorts.. Mutant titles that are included are XMen, XFactor, New Xmen and Uncanny.. More mutant deaths? Well, that is the rumor..

Edited by revi
Question:

Is Dark Horse Comics part of Marvel?

I know that Stan Lee created SuperHeroes for Marvel and Dark Horse. But Dark Horse a part of Marvel?

Thanks.

As far as I know, Dark Horse is not part of Marvel.. I am not also so sure if Stan Lee did create some characters for Dark Horse comics..

Malibu Comics was the one acquired by Marvel.. Characters such as Prime, HardCase, Mantra were bought by Marvel.. Malibu Comics even went into cross-overs with some Marvel Characters.. In the long run, Malibu Comics' characters just went out in smoke coz Marvel was not able to keep fan interest..

Do you know the show "Who Wants to be a Superhero"? The superhero who won that contest is Feedback. Stan Lee is writing a story about Feedback and it would be published by Dark Horse.

I heard of the show and I know that Stan Lee is part of the show, but I never knew that Dark Horse would be publishing the story of "Feedback.." Well, IMO, I don't think that just because Stan Lee would be writing a story for Dark Horse re: the character Feedback, it should already be construed that Dark Horse is part of the Marvel Comics Group.. Writers write stories for different comic book companies.. Even the mighty Stan Lee can be allowed by Marvel to write something for another comic company..

As of now, I still don't think that Dark Horse is part of the Marvel Comics Group.. Kasi if this is the case, then, the Dark Horse comic books should be readily be available in our local comic shops.. Sa ngayon kasi, hindi eh.. Much like when Marvel acquired Malibu, naging rampant ang distribution ng Malibu kasi dikit na sa Marvel.. As of now, I don't think that Dark Horse has wide distribution channels.. If it gets acquired by Marvel, its distribution channels would widen.. That is my take.. But I am not sure..

Anyone here who has more info on the matter?

About Dark Horse, Stan Lee and the possibilty that Marvel has a relation with Dark Horse.

Feedback is a fictional superhero created and originally portrayed by actor Matthew Atherton on the reality television series Who Wants to Be a Superhero?. As a result of winning the show, his character will be the subject of a Dark Horse Comics comic book to be written by Stan Lee and will be the featured character in an original Sci Fi Channel Thursday Night Movie. He also has his own audio series written by and starring him, done in collaboration with amateur audio groups Darker Projects and BrokenSea Productions.

This is a partial article from the link I posted above.

Can anyone confirm about the Dark Horse and MArvel??

Thanks

Well, as far as I know Dark Horse isn't owned or has a relationship with Marvel. Maybe a working relationship pertaining to crossovers but acquiring/owning some Dark Horse properties is a different matter.

Actually to add something to the thread lang, Stan Lee isn't really exclusively Marvel anymore. He's just Chairman Emeritus (Honorary Chairman if I'm not mistaken) and he does not really participate in company decisions anymore. Stan Lee actually did a piece for DC a few months back about his own interpretation of the Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Flash Origin stories.

Ang alam ko Dark Horse doesn't really have a direct connection to Marvel so I think Marvel really doesn't care that Stan Lee is doing stuff for other companies.

dark horse is more of a DC affiliate company than anything (not owned)

Stan Lee actually did a piece for DC a few months back about his own interpretation of the Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Flash Origin stories.

read this and it was ok, not mind blowing but ok enough.

Here's a Rob Liefeld rant I swiped from another board:

The Rob Liefeld Guide to Comics

We are all familiar with the abominal shittines of Rob Liefeld, but here's a guide so that thos ein the know can help those who haven't had experience with comics' worst artist to recognize his work:

1- The left eye on a character will be closer to the nose then the right. ALWAYS. Don't beleive me? Check it out for yourself.

http://www.omgcomics.com/RL8.jpg

2 - Feet will rarely show up as they are in hibernation. When they do appear, the ankles will by as wide as string-cheese.

3 - Wrists will be almost as infrequent as feet but will be covered up by wristbands or giant f#&king gloves.

4 - Women will not look like women they will look like walking 45DDDDDD boobs with possible arms and legs.

http://www.omgcomics.com/RL9.jpg

5 - Every character you see will have resembled another character form a different book at some point. I mean, for instance, that guy picture below couldn't possibly be a Lobo rip-off, could he?

http://www.omgcomics.com/RL13.JPG

6 - Perspective will be off.......a lot.

7 - A lot of characters will get more muscles then the normal human. They are special!

8 - Hands will look like dangly octopi or dreadlocks.

9 - Almost everyone will be constipated.

10 - The guns you will see aren't really guns they are glorified sunlamps with giant screws

and the biggest Liefeld atrocity EVER:

http://adlo.dreamers.com/weblog/capnekkid.jpg

Edited by Larry

can I add another question here?

I just finished reading the Infinities collection (Gauntlet, Wars, Crusade & Abyss), can anyone enlighten me here on what happened to the Infinity Watch and most of the gems as Crusade to Abyss was kind of a big jump in terms of the main characters who had a hand in the "ownership" of the gems?

thanks in advance comic guru's...

can I add another question here?

I just finished reading the Infinities collection (Gauntlet, Wars, Crusade & Abyss), can anyone enlighten me here on what happened to the Infinity Watch and most of the gems as Crusade to Abyss was kind of a big jump in terms of the main characters who had a hand in the "ownership" of the gems?

thanks in advance comic guru's...

no you can't add more questions here! kidding. :lol:

ummm.. the Infinity Watch is.. dead? naaahhhh... I haven't really read up on the Inifinity Stuff lately, the cosmic artifacts have not really been active in the Marvel Universe of late. As far as I know, the Illuminati had possession of the gems at one point but I don't really know what happened after that.

read this and it was ok, not mind blowing but ok enough.

it was cool but not worth the 100 MB space the comic scans were occupying on my hard drive. interesting though. Batman would have been a black man.

Here's a Rob Liefeld rant I swiped from another board:

The Rob Liefeld Guide to Comics

We are all familiar with the abominal shittines of Rob Liefeld, but here's a guide so that thos ein the know can help those who haven't had experience with comics' worst artist to recognize his work:

1- The left eye on a character will be closer to the nose then the right. ALWAYS. Don't beleive me? Check it out for yourself.

2 - Feet will rarely show up as they are in hibernation. When they do appear, the ankles will by as wide as string-cheese.

3 - Wrists will be almost as infrequent as feet but will be covered up by wristbands or giant f#&king gloves.

4 - Women will not look like women they will look like walking 45DDDDDD boobs with possible arms and legs.

5 - Every character you see will have resembled another character form a different book at some point. I mean, for instance, that guy picture below couldn't possibly be a Lobo rip-off, could he?

6 - Perspective will be off.......a lot.

7 - A lot of characters will get more muscles then the normal human. They are special!

8 - Hands will look like dangly octopi or dreadlocks.

9 - Almost everyone will be constipated.

10 - The guns you will see aren't really guns they are glorified sunlamps with giant screws

and the biggest Liefeld atrocity EVER:

funny s@%t! :thumbsupsmiley:

seems like your wish is going to be granted boys

IRON MAN 19

http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/covers/0607/IronMan_19.jpg

yes! k*ll iron man k*ll!

too bad tony isn't in the stupid armor though. hehehehe.

i hope we'll be able to see a new improved hulkbuster armor. which hulk will smash into pieces of course.

Is anybody scheduled to die in WW Hulk?