Dc And Marvel Universe

Why so much hate for Tony? hehehheheh

read: Civil War

Anybody here saw how Hulk smashed the new Hulkbuster Iron Man armor in World War Hulk # 1? (the armor is ugly by the way) Hulk kicked Iron Man ass!

HULK SMASH TONY STARK! DIE TONY DIE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Edited by rdaq97

HOLY SH!T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one

courtesy of Variety

Warner purrs for Thundercats '80s animated series heading to bigscreen By MARC GRASER

'Thundercats' It's Thundercats, ho! at Warner Bros. Studio has optioned a script by tyro scribe Paul Sopocy to turn the popular 1980s animated series and toy line into a live action feature.

Warner-based Paula Weinstein will produce through her Spring Creek Prods. banner, along with Dick Robertson and Lew Korman.

Property revolves around a group of humanoid cats (with feline names like Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro and Cheetara) who must flee their planet of Thundera after it's destroyed. Once crash-landing on another planet, Third Earth, they must thwart Mumm-Ra, an evil sorcerer, bent on killing them off.

Sopocy has written the script as an origin story expanding on the major heroes and villains from the animated series, with the plot focusing on Lion-O coming of age as the leader of the Thundercats.

Project was brought to Warner by Palek Patel, VP at Spring Creek. Dan Lin is overseeing the pic for Warners.

The Thundercats franchise began in 1983 and spawned several animated series, with the most recent airing on Cartoon Network, a toy line produced by LJN and comicbooks published by Marvel and DC imprints. Warner Bros. has owned the rights to the animated series since acquiring Telepictures Corp. in 1989.

Studio's recently been bitten by the nostalgia bug, pacting with Joel Silver to produce a live-action "He-Man" movie, based on the toy and cartoon franchise, as well as a feature based on the DC comicbook "Teen Titans," a junior Justice League.

Weinstein most recently produced Warners' "Blood Diamond," and with HBO Films is prepping "Recount," based on the 2000 presidential election, with Sydney Pollack set to direct.

"Thundercats" is Sopocy's first studio script sale as a screenwriter. He's currently senior writer, print advertising, at Fox Broadcasting Co., and has previously penned short films including "Staring at the Sun," which was screened at the Sundance film fest in 2005.

-----this movie will rock if they don't f*ck it up

tlga? thundercats? ayos yun,sana kasing ganda ng transformers..may thundercats, transformers na..dapat g.i.joe, silverhawks, karate cat, visionaries pati yung mga humans na nagiging sea animals din(forgot the title)&other 80s cartoons na irremake din..

Watchmen Movie Casting News.

Jason Patric as Dr. Manhattan. And Thomas Jane in as the Comedian?

from Ain't It Cool News

Okay... it was about a month ago that we broke the story that Keanu Reeves, Patrick Wilson, and Jude Law had all been offered significant roles in WATCHMEN. Since then, Keanu Reeves passed on the film, and the stories online make it sound like it was a simple matter of him not wanting to do it.

Not quite. Actually, Keanu priced himself out of the film, and Warner is (wisely) banking on the idea that Zack Snyder and the material are the real stars of this movie, the way they were for 300. As a result, they’re looking for actors, not movie stars. The Keanu stories confirm that we were right about Dr. Manhattan at the time we went to print, and Snyder’s also said in other interviews that we are right on the money about the other roles we’ve reported on. So where are things now with the movie?

Well, CHUD.com has a very interesting story up today, and it seems that they’ve got it confirmed thanks to an actor who isn’t in the film, but almost was. Paddy Consadine was a heck of a good choice for Rorschach, but I’m thrilled if it turns out to be true that Jackie Earle Haley’s going to be wearing the mask in the film now. Sure, it makes this a wee bit of a LITTLE CHILDREN reunion, but that’s fine. Both Wilson and Haley are great choices for their respective roles.

And now that Keanu’s not playing Dr. Manhattan, who is? Well, I know they flirted with Billy Crudup for a time, but my sources tell me that the favorite for the role now is Jason Patric, which I think is a hell of a good choice. In fact, that’s probably the best suggestion I’ve heard yet for Dr. Manhattan in all the years the film’s been bouncing around. Patric always seems to be slightly disconnected from the world, but he doesn’t come with any of the baggage that Keanu had.

The Comedian’s still up for grabs, too, but they’ve looked at everyone from Ron Pearlman to Nathan Fillion for the role. Right now, it sounds like there’s one actor who Snyder likes for the part, but I’m not at liberty to divulge his identity yet. Let’s just say it’s a “punishing†choice, and the actor brings a lot of comic book credibility to the role if he ends up playing it.

I’m sure we’ll start hearing more concrete news in the weeks ahead, but for now, I think it’s obvious that Snyder’s casting a wide net, and he’s determined to put together one of the best casts any comic book film has ever had, which is only fair considering the source material

Edited by Larry
About Dark Horse, Stan Lee and the possibilty that Marvel has a relation with Dark Horse.

Feedback is a fictional superhero created and originally portrayed by actor Matthew Atherton on the reality television series Who Wants to Be a Superhero?. As a result of winning the show, his character will be the subject of a Dark Horse Comics comic book to be written by Stan Lee and will be the featured character in an original Sci Fi Channel Thursday Night Movie. He also has his own audio series written by and starring him, done in collaboration with amateur audio groups Darker Projects and BrokenSea Productions.

This is a partial article from the link I posted above.

Can anyone confirm about the Dark Horse and MArvel??

Thanks

As far as I know Stan Lee is an independent creator now (i.e. he can work for any comic book publisher). His link to Marvel as of the present is purely honorific.

Best comic villain ever created:

The Joker >>>>>> brilliant, demented, heartless

agreed. he's the most unpredictable. this is an excerpt of the Joker wiki:

This capricious nature, coupled with his maniacal bloodlust, makes Joker the one villain that the DC Universe's other super-villains fear; in the Villains United and Infinite Crisis mini-series, the members of the villains' Secret Society refuse to induct the Joker for this reason. In the one-shot Underworld Unleashed, the Trickster remarks, "When super-villains want to scare each other, they tell Joker stories."

'Nuff said.

Best comic villain ever created:

The Joker >>>>>> brilliant, demented, heartless

beg to disagree

the best comic villain ever created goes by the name of Doom

Dr. Doom

http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/5/52/DrDoom_Head.jpg

- has conquered the world at least twice

- has literally been to hell and back

- a genius comparable to Reed Richards, even built a working time machine.

- has taken possession of cosmic power from Galactus

- rules his own nation

- diabolical and devious

- has gone head to head with other cosmic beings like The Beyonder and Thanos

the joker looks like a plain thug next to the villain known as DOOM

beg to disagree

Dr. Doom

- rules his own nation

- diabolical and devious

I don't know much about his credentials but for me it's Lex Luthor.

beg to disagree

Dr. Doom

- rules his own nation

- diabolical and devious

Doom is certainly one of the most powerful but I like Joker's unpredictability. Doom's a power hungry dictator, not to mention vain and evil an practically everything else. But I'm more entertained by crazy psychos. Although Doom is a crazy despot himself,he doesn't really rank up high on the crazy scale. he's just really got a big ego. In a few days Doom will call his own press conference and announce that he asked to be traded from the LAtveria Lakers. :lol:

I was thinking more along the lines of actual criminal intent and "achievement"

Doom owns most villains on that scale (yes even Luthor), no one has done the things he did, nor has had the balls to come up with some of the crazy thing he does.

and yes Doom is better than Luthor. Luthor wants to rule the world, Doom has, twice.

he asked to be traded from the LAtveria Lakers

LOL @ LAtveria Lakers

teh ghey ....

what you don't like chuck taylors?

Edited by Larry
I was thinking more along the lines of actual criminal intent and "achievement"

Doom owns most villains on that scale (yes even Luthor), no one has done the things he did, nor has had the balls to come up with some of the crazy thing he does.

and yes Doom is better than Luthor. Luthor wants to rule the world, Doom has, twice.

LOL @ LAtveria Lakers

what you don't like chuck taylors?

Well more or less Doom does have it high on the achievement scale. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to rule the galaxy or the universe. I was actually surprised he wasn't involved in the Superhero Registration thingy but I guess pitting heroes against each other isn't really Doom's style.

as for Luthor, well Luthor's hatred for Superman usually supercedes any actual desire to rule the world. So I guess that makes his ruling the world as 2nd priority. When Luthor succeeds at something criminal, it is usually aimed to torment the man of steel and if he actually gets something out of the criminal activity, it would be more of a plus than a reward in itself.

Doom as always wanted to be more powerful. How is he btw? I seem to notice that Marvel comics these days tend to focus more on the squabbles between the registered and unregistered heroes rather than heroes versus supervillains. In Civil War, the heroes fought each other and now, they're fighting the Hulk. It seems to me that the only people who are actually fighting bad guys are the X-Men and I really don't like the way they're going with the X-Men these days. The mutants are being handed boring stories.

doom is on the sidelines for now i think while Iron Man rises to true villainy

there has been talk of a large scale Marvel event involving skrulls and their unique mimicking powers (makes you think eh? what if Tony is a skrull? what if Cap was a skrull? BlackBolt?) sounds very interesting to me.

there's a big X Event coming in the next few weeks, which is supposedly done old-school style that will bring more light into the saga of the muties.