Dc And Marvel Universe

nice article on namor vs aquaman..in terms of their core abilities dun sa article, parang equal lang ang laban pero sa extra abilities (based dun sa article ah), lamang si aquaman..feeling ko draw ang laban na to, they are mirror images of each other, pareho silang astig na superheroes :)..

wolverine kicked lobo's ass? tlga? bka hinde sineryoso ni lobo yun laban hehehe :D..

cap vs the bat? hmm, lamang si cap pero kaya ni bats yun, si superman nga nsabayan nya si cap (prang si bong revilla eh hehe :D ) pa kaya di ba?hehe..

Just another additional on the male superheroes.

Colossus vs Hulk vs Juggernout????

All have superpowers. But I think Hulk would win on this one. He grows bigger a he gets angrier. Im not really familiar with Colossus' strength except that I know the he is really strong. About Juggernout I think Hulk would be able to stop his momentum.

Enough about the Male Superheroes!!!!

how about the girls???????

Lets say:

Wonderwoman vs Jean Grey / Phoenix????

Im really undecided on this one. But it seems the Phoenix would win.

Fist fight lang? Wonder Woman will kick the living s@%t out of Jean Grey. Pero full usage of powers, Wonder Woman will probably need the whole JLA to take down Jean Grey in Phoenix Mode. If Jean's in her normal Marvel Girl mode, then I'd still give it to Wonder Woman for pure power. The woman is a freakin' Amazon. Without the Phoenix entity, Jean Grey is nothing compared to Wonder Woman.

All have superpowers. But I think Hulk would win on this one. He grows bigger a he gets angrier. Im not really familiar with Colossus' strength except that I know the he is really strong. About Juggernout I think Hulk would be able to stop his momentum.

Colossus is at the wrong end of this trio. He will be ripped to shreds. Hulk wins this hands down.

wonder woman vs jean grey -> winner: wonder woman

wonder woman vs phoenix -> winner: phoenix

colossus vs hulk vs juggernaut -> winner: hulk

*i think this matchup should be superman vs hulk, superman has a better chance of matching up against hulk :)..that matchup could even reach the heights of superman vs doomsday, katakot kasi ang potential for excalation ng super strength ni hulk, parang limitless..

if superman vs. hulk -> no winner, superman will have a very hard time but it would be a draw :D

no contest

Jean Grey would turn WW's mind to mush. Phoenix would destroy her utterly.

Hulk is the strongest of them all.

He can take both at the same time and not break a sweat.

feeling ko draw ang laban na to, they are mirror images of each other, pareho silang astig na superheroes

uhm not exactly.

the similarities end with being amphibious and having superhuman strength and speed.

but as far as everything else is concerned. Namor takes this one easily.

Namor is stronger. He can lift 80 - 100 tons fully recharged and out of the water. 50 tons when he's out of water for a period of time. Aquaman can lift 70 max fully recharged, and only 20 when he's weakened. To give you an idea lifting 70 - 100 is equivalent to collosus' strength level according to the Marvel encyclopedia IIRC.

Namor has almost instanteneous reflexes.

Namor can fly.

Plus Namor is a mean motherf*cker.

Without the Phoenix entity, Jean Grey is nothing compared to Wonder Woman.

Jean Grey has the 2nd most powerful mind in the MU, and as far as I know WW can't defend against telekinesis (as in using it to cause her skull to cave in her brain), but in a fist fight yes Jean Grey would be dead again.

Edited by Larry

For DC /Marvel Match ups...what if...

Professor X vs Martian Manhunter?

Mr. Fantastic vs Plastic Man?

Cyborg Vs Cable?

Deadshot vs Bullseye?

Captain Mar-Vell vs Captain Marvel (Shazam)?

Amazo vs Vision?

Wonder Man vs Solomon Grundy

Thanos va Darkseid?

Hawkman vs The Falcon?

Hawkeye vs Green Arrow?

Orion vs BlackBolt?

Karate Kid vs Karnak?

The Spectre vs The Living Tribunal?

The Atom vs Antman/Giantman?

Doctor Doom vs Lex Luthor?

Taskmaster vs Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) ?

Firestorm vs Human Torch?

Doctor Fate vs Doctor Strange?

Iron Man vs Stripesy?

The Black Knight vs Shining Knight?

Wonder Woman vs Brunhilde the Valkyrie?

DeathStroke vs Deadpool?

professor X takes this, even if J'onn is actually a green superman, Xavier is a more powerful telepath. He can make MM think he's on fire, or just erase his brain.

Cyborg Vs Cable?

cable via telekinesis

Thanos va Darkseid?

thanos has the gauntlet so no contest. A better matchup would be Apocalypse vs. Darkseid

Orion vs BlackBolt?

although orion is a tough one, all blackbolt needs to do is clinch and scream into orion's ear.

Doom by anything he wants.

Taskmaster via rape. Taskmaster owned wolverine when they first went at it, Batgirl is no Logan by any stretch of the imagination.

DeathStroke vs Deadpool?

Deadpool via Deathstroke's suicide brought about by Deadpools mile a minute mouth.

Deadshot vs Bullseye?

Bullseye. stronger, faster, more accurate and can work with anything that can be used as a projectile, plus he has Olympic level hand to hand skills.

Cyborg Vs Cable?

Deadshot vs Bullseye?

Amazo vs Vision?

Thanos va Darkseid?

Hawkman vs The Falcon?

Hawkeye vs Green Arrow?

Orion vs BlackBolt?

Karate Kid vs Karnak?

Iron Man vs Stripesy?

DeathStroke vs Deadpool?

Di ko kilala lahat

For sure Prof X would win.

Dr. Doom would also win. Not only he is smart and rich, he also have powers. One thing that Lex doesnt have.

Question ulit.

1. Fist fight category: Lady Death Strike vs Cat woman

Ill go for LDS. She is good in martial arts and has an alloy skeleton. Cat woman is good in fist fight but she has a fragile female flesh.

2. Enhanced Male with weapons fight: V for Vendetta Vs Spiderman?

Both are muscular. Both are good in fist fight. Both uses weapons. Both has super human qualities. Maybe a draw?

3. Fire fight: Human Torch vs Pyro

Ill go for the Human Torch. He could fly and he could produce a Supernova.

4. Hmmmmm any suggestions on who is the best match for the SILVER SURFER?

IF Silver Surfer vs Superman.

Ill go for SS. He can manipulate molecules and destroys planets for a living. Im really sorry but di talaga ko bilib kay Superman. I always for the Bat. If it would be Batman vs SS. Ill go for Batman.

Maybe you guyz could give a better insight on this one.

Prof X wins.

Why should they even bother? the mechanics of it will be just so... gay. bwahahahahaha.

Cyborg Vs Cable?

Cable. tactics. powers. sheer bad-assness.

Deadshot vs Bullseye?

Bullseye.

Shazam takes this.

Amazo vs Vision?

Amazo... he can take down the JLA.. i don't think Vision can.

I don't know.

Thanos va Darkseid?

Thanos but without the Gauntlet, definitely Darkseid.

Hawkman vs The Falcon?

hmmmm....

Hawkeye vs Green Arrow?

Hawkeye. Green Arrow's too old. Red Arrow/Arsenal will probably be a better match.

Orion vs BlackBolt?

Blackbolt will just scream and Orion will die.

Karate Kid vs Karnak?

can't call this one.

And this.

Hmmm.. I'll go with hank because he's crazy. :lol:

DOOM!

I don't know task master that well.

----

I'd go with Strange on this one.

Iron Man vs Stripesy?

Who the hell is Stripesy? hahahaha...

?

DeathStroke vs Deadpool?

Deadpool!

Question ulit.

1. Fist fight category: Lady Death Strike vs Cat woman

Ill go for LDS. She is good in martial arts and has an alloy skeleton. Cat woman is good in fist fight but she has a fragile female flesh.

Me too. Catwoman is really more thief than fighter.

2. Enhanced Male with weapons fight: V for Vendetta Vs Spiderman?

Both are muscular. Both are good in fist fight. Both uses weapons. Both has super human qualities. Maybe a draw?

Spidey wins with the Smart Mouth. He'll probably drive V crazy.

3. Fire fight: Human Torch vs Pyro

Ill go for the Human Torch. He could fly and he could produce a Supernova.

Torch... Pyro doesn't control his own flame but an interesting question would be if he could control Johnny's flames.

4. Hmmmmm any suggestions on who is the best match for the SILVER SURFER?

IF Silver Surfer vs Superman.

Ill go for SS. He can manipulate molecules and destroys planets for a living. Im really sorry but di talaga ko bilib kay Superman. I always for the Bat. If it would be Batman vs SS. Ill go for Batman.

I'll still go with supes. For the simple fact that he's taken on bigger badasses than the Surfer. But this is still a toss up if Supes holds back like he usually does. and Dude I like the Bat like most people but I doubt he'd last against the Surfer. If he had time to figure out the Surfer maybe he has a shot. pero a fight... Surfer takes it.

Maybe you guyz could give a better insight on this one.

kasi si green lantern di pa ganun kasikat pero if they do a good movie tpos may tamang marketing, it can be successful..

daming matchups ah..

profx vs mmh = profx (superior telepathic ability)

thanos vs darkseid = thanos (his powers are not only limited to the gauntlet)

deathstroke vs deadpool = deadpool (due to weaponx upgrades&training)

lds vs catwoman = lady deathstrike (mutant powers/killer ninja chick)

v vs spiderman = spiderman (spider sense/strength/agility)

human torch vs pyro = human torch (pyro can't generate his own flame&the torch can fly&do a supernova)

silver surfer vs superman = silver surfer (cosmis powers&able to manipulate matter)

silver surfer vs batman = batman (the bat can find a way to defeat anyone as long as he's able to study his enemies weaknesses tska batman fan ako eh hehe :D )

Eto pa..

Black Panther vs Wildcat?....malamang si T'Challa ang panalo :D

Black Widow vs Black Canary?

The Black Cat vs The Huntress?

btw...Stripesy is the armoured side kick of the Star Spankled Kid :D

...Brunhilde the Valkyrie is an Asgardian Goddess like Thor :D

... The Black Knight wields the Ebony Blade ( counterpart of Excalibur) & has Pegasus :lol:

.... Firestorm is nuclear powered and can manipulate matter :D

Edited by orionpax
Eto pa..

Black Panther vs Wildcat?....malamang si T'Challa ang panalo :D

Black Widow vs Black Canary?

The Black Cat vs The Huntress?

btw...Stripesy is the armoured side kick of the Star Spankled Kid :D

...Brunhilde the Valkyrie is an Asgardian Goddess like Thor :D

... The Black Knight wields the Ebony Blade ( counterpart of Excalibur) & has Pegasus :lol:

.... Firestorm is nuclear powered and can manipulate matter :D

Black Panther vs Wildcat

Are you referring to Ted Grant or Tom Bronson? If it's Ted Grant I'd go with Wildcat.

Black Widow vs Black Canary

Black Canary has the edge because of her powers.

Black Cat vs Huntress

Huntress maybe.

I bought several old comics yesterday.. saw them in the bargain bin.. (50 bucks each)..

1) House of Secrets #140.. 1976.. The Origin of the Patchwork Man.. (known character in the Swamp Thing series)

--- if in Mint condition.. this comic is valued at $26.. and it seems that the artist was from the Philippines.. Nestor Redondo..

2) Iron Jaw #1.. 1975.. (Atlas Comics)

--- valued at $12 in Mint condition..

Its nice to find cool stuff from time to time in the baragain bins.. :cool:

post-75683-1184745006.jpg

Nice haul, revi. I've always loved Nestor Redondo's art. Very solid, very dynamic and really helps tell the story.

Thanks bro.. :thumbsupsmiley: I am actually going to look at more stuff from Nestor Redondo.. His art amazes me.. I heard he has had stints not only in DC's House of Secrets and House of Mystery but also with Marvel's Conan.. It is hard to get some of his works because he mainly drew in the Bronze age of comics.. I have to search more in the bargain bin.. :rolleyes:

Some stuff about Atlas Comics..........

Atlas Comicbooks do not have a high price in the Comic Book Priceguides (e.g., Overstreet/Wizard).. But I have always been interested in them.. As the company was once a perrenial player and even posed a threat for DC and Marvel in the mid-70's..

I've been searching for the longest time for copies of any Atlas Comics titles that are numbered #1.. So far, I found two.. Iron Jaw and Planet of Vampires.. But right now, I have decided to get even the other numbers.. Magaganda kasi ang storyline eh.. Simple but uniquely written..

They are a part of the history in the Bronze Age of Comics and they pushed the Comics Code Authority to the limit.. Why? Coz it presented savagery and dark storytelling that was really different at its time.. Below is a link on the brief history of the company long-forgotten..

About ATLAS Comics

Boy! If I was a writer for Hollywood.. I would take my chance in creating a movie based on the character called: Iron Jaw.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by revi
Thanks bro.. :thumbsupsmiley: I am actually going to look at more stuff from Nestor Redondo.. His art amazes me.. I heard he has had stints not only in DC's House of Secrets and House of Mystery but also with Marvel's Conan.. It is hard to get some of his works because he mainly drew in the Bronze age of comics.. I have to search more in the bargain bin.. :rolleyes:

Some stuff about Atlas Comics..........

Atlas Comicbooks do not have a high price in the Comic Book Priceguides (e.g., Overstreet/Wizard).. But I have always been interested in them.. As the company was once a perrenial player and even posed a threat for DC and Marvel in the mid-70's..

I've been searching for the longest time for copies of any Atlas Comics titles that are numbered #1.. So far, I found two.. Iron Jaw and Planet of Vampires.. But right now, I have decided to get even the other numbers.. Magaganda kasi ang storyline eh.. Simple but uniquely written..

They are a part of the history in the Bronze Age of Comics and they pushed the Comics Code Authority to the limit.. Why? Coz it presented savagery and dark storytelling that was really different at its time.. Below is a link on the brief history of the company long-forgotten..

About ATLAS Comics

Boy! If I was a writer for Hollywood.. I would take my chance in creating a movie based on the character called: Iron Jaw.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Nice. Very Nice. May Pinoy palang nakapenetrate sa int'l comic industry dati. Where did you look? Comicshops? Or maybe bookstores like Booksale?

Guest Leviticus
if superman vs. hulk -> no winner, superman will have a very hard time but it would be a draw :D

si hulk ang panalo. hehe.. the more hulk gets angrier the more hulk smash

basta wag lang gamitin ni superman ang heat vision niya to do a lobotomy on hulk

hmm.. teka nga pala. hulk is color green because he is gamma-radiation powered right?

green + radiation

hindi kaya ala-kryptonite ang pagkaradiation ni hulk?

hehehe

Enough about the Male Superheroes!!!!

how about the girls???????

Lets say:

lol you shouldn't be even undecided on this one. since you didn't state that it was a fist fight, then it's clear that Jean Grey would win this one even without the Phoenix' help. Wonderwoman doesn't have a PSI shield. As larry said, Jean would wipe out Wonderwoman's mind before she could lay a finger on Jean. haha

As for this one? Gee,I wonder why you included Colossus...I mean, couldn't you think of anyone else with more super strength? haha If you want pure power you should've put The Sentry instead of Colossus who will be reduced to a tin can even just by Juggernaut. haha And Juggernaut would probably be made into bullet by the Hulk. But the Sentry on the other hand could give the Hulk a fair fight.

When The Sentry was controlled by the Void, he easily broke Hulk's arm(? can't quite remember). And no one ever does that to the Hulk. Besides, the Sentry said that he hasn't tried using his full powers yet.

I can't wait to see the Sentry and the Hulk slug it out in the WWH series.

Nice. Very Nice. May Pinoy palang nakapenetrate sa int'l comic industry dati. Where did you look? Comicshops? Or maybe bookstores like Booksale?

There are stashes of old comics in FILBARs Riverbanks, Marikina.. Been looking at them for some time now.. But my curiosity grew when I researched on some of the titles/issues that I have seen there.. There are a lot of Weird War/Weird Western/Horror Titles there.. late 70's ang karamihan.. And I learned from a friend that there were a number of Pinoy artists that drew comics for DC/Marvel/etc. in the Horror, War and Western line..

Mr. Redondo is a known comic book artist then.. I saw the same House of Secrets #140 (origin of the Patchwork Man) in Comic Odyssey.. Better condition than what I have.. They are selling it at P800 bucks.. :thumbsupsmiley

Other Filipino artists in the Bronze Age of Comics were: Alfredo Alcala, Fred Carillo, Alex Niño, and Gerry Talaoc..

Edited by revi