Dc And Marvel Universe

The Skrull twist may not be farfetched. I think Marvel's planning another Skrull storyline. That Kree-Skrull storyline was, IMO, lame. edit: ok, just saw it on Wikipedia. The Skrull event is scheduled for 2008.

I hope they come up with more great events. I think the upcoming event for X-Men will be a great one. I read that Mr. Sinister will be playing a major role. weeee... I just love the guy. He's the best villain in my book.

Edited by TidusJanus
The Skrull twist may not be farfetched. I think Marvel's planning another Skrull storyline. That Kree-Skrull storyline was, IMO, lame. edit: ok, just saw it on Wikipedia. The Skrull event is scheduled for 2008.

I hope they come up with more great events. I think the upcoming event for X-Men will be a great one. I read that Mr. Sinister will be playing a major role. weeee... I just love the guy. He's the best villain in my book.

yep. the skrull event will pick up after World War Hulk i think although I'm not sure.

I just heard that countdown has been renamed to Countdown to Final Crisis.

FINAL?! really?

if JQ does this

i will gut him

:lol:

well i may hate Ironman but all things considered, he's more interesting now as Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. but you have to wonder how long his tenure will be considering Nick Fury is still out there. Somehow I think Fury will have a major role in the upcoming Skrull storyline.

Sorry, what is a skrull?

green alien baddies who can shape shift. they are sworn enemies of the kree.

they played a significant role in annihilation if you've read it. (i haven't sorry)

most earthlings with heightened senses (a.k.a. wolverine, spidey) can usually detect disguised skrulls but according to the latest developments, di na sila ganun. they haven't explained why that is.

they cant sniff out skrulls anymore? :D

BTW.. the FF2 movie wherein Johnny used the FF4 other abilities reminds me of the Super Skrull :D

green alien baddies who can shape shift. they are sworn enemies of the kree.

they played a significant role in annihilation if you've read it. (i haven't sorry)

most earthlings with heightened senses (a.k.a. wolverine, spidey) can usually detect disguised skrulls but according to the latest developments, di na sila ganun. they haven't explained why that is.

they cant sniff out skrulls anymore? :D

Apparently not. Since it was revealed that there was a skrull in their team (New Avengers) working right under their noses. Wolverine and Spiderman seemed to have no idea.

Unless they're skrulls too, since that would explain why they're featured in almost all of Marvels titles. :rolleyes:

they cant sniff out skrulls anymore? :DBTW.. the FF2 movie wherein Johnny used the FF4 other abilities reminds me of the Super Skrull :D
no they can't sniff out skrulls anymore. but you'll remember in Civil War Frontline, genetic alteration of Skrulls was one of the many subplots for Civil War. So the hints were there even then.
Apparently not. Since it was revealed that there was a skrull in their team (New Avengers) working right under their noses. Wolverine and Spiderman seemed to have no idea. Unless they're skrulls too, since that would explain why they're featured in almost all of Marvels titles. :rolleyes:
nah. i think wolvie and spidey are just the most marketable characters in the Marvel U. Marvel will ride their asses to the bank as much as they can. it's business. personally, i think spidey and wolvie give the new avengers title a boost. that's why there are more avengers fans now because there are so many interesting heavyweights on the team.
The Skrull concept is a real bold way to play out w/Iron Man but I think it would really hurt so much more. IM is now elevated to his current status just to be played out his a Skrull after a major event (Civil War)? C'mon!
Let me just reiterate my hate for Iron Man. but I definitely agree, revealing him to be a Skrull will be a disappointing move to say the least. I like how they play him as an amalgam of bad/good/neutral. The fact that I want him to die is a sign that his character is very well written. :lol:
they cant sniff out skrulls anymore? :DBTW.. the FF2 movie wherein Johnny used the FF4 other abilities reminds me of the Super Skrull :D
no they can't sniff out skrulls anymore. but you'll remember in Civil War Frontline, genetic alteration of Skrulls was one of the many subplots for Civil War. So the hints were there even then.
Apparently not. Since it was revealed that there was a skrull in their team (New Avengers) working right under their noses. Wolverine and Spiderman seemed to have no idea. Unless they're skrulls too, since that would explain why they're featured in almost all of Marvels titles. :rolleyes:
nah. i think wolvie and spidey are just the most marketable characters in the Marvel U. Marvel will ride their asses to the bank as much as they can. it's business. personally, i think spidey and wolvie give the new avengers title a boost. that's why there are more avengers fans now because there are so many interesting heavyweights on the team.
The Skrull concept is a real bold way to play out w/Iron Man but I think it would really hurt so much more. IM is now elevated to his current status just to be played out his a Skrull after a major event (Civil War)? C'mon!
Let me just reiterate my hate for Iron Man. but I definitely agree, revealing him to be a Skrull will be a disappointing move to say the least. I like how they play him as an amalgam of bad/good/neutral. The fact that I want him to die is a sign that his character is very well written. :lol:

Have to agree with you, bro..

I would really hate Marvel (again), if the Skrull storyline would just destroy what they have done in Civil War.. Maybe its to save Iron Man's character (as a lot of fans, do hate him nowadays).. But I sincerely hope that the storyline would not suck..

Coz if it does, mawawalan na naman ng interes ang mga nagbabasa.. Much like what they did to the clone saga of Spiderman.. Its as if the other storylines became all lies and deceptions.. The essence of the past storylines just faded away..

Edited by revi

@khumpleetist/rdaq/anyone:

I am thinking of getting the Black Adam: The Dark Ages mini series (8-parts).. What do you think? Would it be a major storyline in the making? Any thoughts/feedbacks/reviews you've read somewhere?

Black Adam did play an important role in 52 weeks.. Although 52 Weeks was a let down, we also have to admit that it was cool seeing Black Adam ripping/tearing the DC Universe apart.. haha.. :lol:

I am thinking of getting the Black Adam: The Dark Ages mini series (8-parts).. What do you think? Would it be a major storyline in the making? Any thoughts/feedbacks/reviews you've read somewhere?

Black Adam did play an important role in 52 weeks.. Although 52 Weeks was a let down, we also have to admit that it was cool seeing Black Adam ripping/tearing the DC Universe apart.. haha.. :lol:

I like Blackie for his sheer brutality. But Black Adam's the kind of character that is writer-dependent. Meaning how much I like his character would depend on how he is depicted by the writer. If you notice, some characters transcend the writers. You still like them even if the writer sucked. (well, you like them less but you like them anyway) So for me, Black Adam's that kind of character. Sometimes he's a boorish brute and other times you really see him as a character with depth.

At any rate, I haven't heard about this new miniseries you're talking about. Haven't been a big fan of DC lately. Countdown tends to be dragging and thus, very disappointing. I like how Black Adam went ballistic in World War Three though. So if you're not sure, why not just download the scans and decide if you actually want to buy them?

Im having trouble to relate....

Maybe this separates the hardcore comic readers from an ordinary reader like me. :)

I'm not exactly hardcore. I just recently reacquainted myself with my favorite heroes. I stopped around college because it's expensive to maintain a collection. These days I only buy comics that are worth buying. (i.e. Civil War and Fallen Son) If you have time, you can read about your favorite characters on Wikipedia. 2 days of reading all the related stories would bring you up to speed on the current happenings. Then maybe you can download comic scans if you really like comics. wala pa gastos. hehehe.

Edited by rdaq97
But I would prefer to buy an original copy before downloading it.

do the reverse

download it first then buy it if you really like it.

way more efficient that way. not to mention inexpensive.

that's what I did with most of what I have now (1602, watchmen, punisher: Born, Hellblazer, Y: The Last Man)

it's better now than when I was in HS, when we didn't have the internet, it was basically a huge risk to try out new titles or new story arcs, then be disappointed in the end.

Im not really against the downloading of Comics. But I would prefer to buy an original copy before downloading it.

I want to have a copy of XMEN where in Magnetto removed the Alloy from Wolverine

And the comic book of Wolverine as an old man waiting to end his time.

Listen to Larry, Larry is wise.

I think this is what most collectors practice nowadays.. Download the scans before you buy the comic. That way you get to see if you like the story before you actually buy it.

The comics you are looking for are:

Fatal Attractions (this is the collection of the story arc. Magneto ripped out Wolvie's adamantium in X-Men # 25. I doubt you can still get a copy of that single comic, it's very rare. I remember it came with a hologram card.) - Arguably one of the best X-Men storylines ever.

Wolverine: The End - miniseries detailing a possible ending for the storied X-Man. personally i thought the story was so-so but hey, if you like it, i know some sites that share it.

hey you cant blame him, his got a good heart!

yah pls share it the end of wolverine! also do u have the green lantern series going on now?

good hearts have empty wallets. but hey if you really want to buy the whole shebang, nobody's stopping you.hehehe.

request for it at the Comics/Graphic Novel thread in the Free Stuff forum. dami good stuff dun.

I like Blackie for his sheer brutality. But Black Adam's the kind of character that is writer-dependent. Meaning how much I like his character would depend on how he is depicted by the writer. If you notice, some characters transcend the writers. You still like them even if the writer sucked. (well, you like them less but you like them anyway) So for me, Black Adam's that kind of character. Sometimes he's a boorish brute and other times you really see him as a character with depth.

At any rate, I haven't heard about this new miniseries you're talking about. Haven't been a big fan of DC lately. Countdown tends to be dragging and thus, very disappointing. I like how Black Adam went ballistic in World War Three though. So if you're not sure, why not just download the scans and decide if you actually want to buy them?

Much like how you are, I am not a big fan of DC as well (never was).. For one, I have stopped collecting JLA and JSA (after the Lighting Saga).. But I have to admit, I like what I am seeing in Sinestro Corps.. :rolleyes:

I have seen and read several previews of the new Black Adam series.. Drawn by Doug Mahnke, I find the art good.. But I am having doubts with the storyline.. The writer is Peter Tomasi.. Never really heard anything good about the writer.. haha!!! Well, I have not yet decided if I would get this series, but most probably I won't.. I have checked ign.com and its not considered a major series (no major events are being seen).. Well, before Thursday, I might just check ign.com again to see the reviews.. and then, I shall decide..

I am leaning on getting the new Captain America: the Chosen.. A re-telling of Cap's early years.. I saw some of the previews.. It seems interesting and the art is just amazing..

I've got one better

The Marvel Database Project

a comic nerd wiki brought to you by fellow comic nerds.

it contains all the information you need about all your favorite MU characters, storylines, teams, news, etc.

there's also :

The DC Database Project

It's the same thing except it's with DCU stuff.

God bless the nerds... :lol:

the DC page is kind of behind a couple of months but this is good.

Thanks Larry!

Fatal Attractions (this is the collection of the story arc. Magneto ripped out Wolvie's adamantium in X-Men # 25. I doubt you can still get a copy of that single comic, it's very rare. I remember it came with a hologram card.) - Arguably one of the best X-Men storylines ever.

Just to add some more information on this.. This story arc came out in 1993.. Although, the event was cataclysmic for Wolverine's character, the value of the comic really did not went up via leaps and bounds.. As of now, I think the value of the comic is still just at $12.. The XMen comicbooks were highly printed in the early 1990's.. So its not that rare before.. But as of now, medyo tama si rdaq, mahirap ng kumuha nito.. Any XMen fan would likely not sell his copy for just a few hundred bucks.. Well, I won't.. haha!!! :lol:

And it does have a hologram.. Gambit.. :cool:

i think wolvie and spidey are just the most marketable characters in the Marvel U. Marvel will ride their asses to the bank as much as they can. it's business. personally, i think spidey and wolvie give the new avengers title a boost.

Of course, I was just being sarcastic. Hence this face :rolleyes:

another great thing about Marvel now, is they're not afraid to shake things up

DC's countdown was good, but nothing really seemed to change.

Marvel on the other hand:

1) Killed Captain America - a definite A lister, and it looks like he won't be coming back soon.

2) Transformed The Hulk into a warrior king bent on destroying Earth, instead of just some brainless maniac jumping around in Nevada

3) Outed Spider Man

4) Outed Daredevil

5) Transformed Ironman into an unredeemable villain - another A lister, can you imagine DC doing the same thing to Batman? (who is the Ironman of DC)

6) Reduced the total number of mutants to 198

etc.

I hope they keep this up, it's nice to see the status quo challenged and see writers take risks just to keep the stories fresh.

i totally agree with you pre :thumbsupsmiley:

I'll pass w/the mini because Black Adam already got his powers back although the secret word isn't revealed yet ata on recent stories.

Im having trouble to relate....

Maybe this separates the hardcore comic readers from an ordinary reader like me. :)

Just surf the net dude or just follow Larry's advice although there might be a downside if you read the downloaded version. You might run out of copies :upside:. I'm just following a handful of series. The net is really a piece of wonder and I rely on info thru them.

If you're a hardcore Marvel fan this site is would be a treasure for you:

www.marvunapp.com

My thoughts exactly :thumbsupsmiley:.

Have to agree with you, bro..

I would really hate Marvel (again), if the Skrull storyline would just destroy what they have done in Civil War.. Maybe its to save Iron Man's character (as a lot of fans, do hate him nowadays).. But I sincerely hope that the storyline would not suck..

Coz if it does, mawawalan na naman ng interes ang mga nagbabasa.. Much like what they did to the clone saga of Spiderman.. Its as if the other storylines became all lies and deceptions.. The essence of the past storylines just faded away..

Yeah, the essence of the past stories gets diminished if something like this happens.

I have mixed feelings w/the Clone Saga because it made me question Peter Parker's accomplishments but it could've been steered in the correct direction. Poor old Ben Reilly.