Dc And Marvel Universe

I'll pass w/the mini because Black Adam already got his powers back although the secret word isn't revealed yet ata on recent stories.

Thank you for your thoughts, bro.. I read ign.com's review on Black Adam: The Dark Ages, it mainly focuses on the Black Shazam's plight to resurrect Isis (his wife).. Well, it has good reviews, but given the many comics I am currently getting, I'd rather pass on it.. Coz it does not look like this would be a huge storyline in the future..

Hey! Also read that the marriage of Peter Parker and Mary Jane would be shattered in just a few months from now.. The life of Petey boy really is something huh?! First, he reveals his identity to the world, fights Iron Man's merry squad, his Aunt gets shot and now this.. Domestic problems galore surround the Spidey books and I can't wait to get my hands on the full story.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Is this still part of the current JSA storyline?

Thank you for your thoughts, bro.. I read ign.com's review on Black Adam: The Dark Ages, it mainly focuses on the Black Shazam's plight to resurrect Isis (his wife).. Well, it has good reviews, but given the many comics I am currently getting, I'd rather pass on it.. Coz it does not look like this would be a huge storyline in the future..
Is this still part of the current JSA storyline?

No idea, bro.. I have stopped getting JSA (and JLA) after the Lightning Saga.. But I browsed through some pages of the comic book and I saw JSA's Damage in some of its pages.. One thing is for sure though, Black Adam: Dark Ages is part of the Countdown series of DC.. (its actually part of the 52 Aftermath comicbooks - which includes Booster Gold)..

Edited by revi

Hey! Also read that the marriage of Peter Parker and Mary Jane would be shattered in just a few months from now.. The life of Petey boy really is something huh?! First, he reveals his identity to the world, fights Iron Man's merry squad, his Aunt gets shot and now this.. Domestic problems galore surround the Spidey books and I can't wait to get my hands on the full story.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Yeah, the book has good reviews but I'll pass although his story in 52 is the best story in 52 for me, followed by Booster Gold's story.

I'm currently following Amazing Spider-Man and I think I'll stick around till One More Day. I know the arc focuses on his relationship w/MJ but I think I read somwhere that an important female character would be out of Pete's life by the end of the arc. My guess is May Parker.

wow.. spidey's life is really getting complicated. on the other hand, his recent tragedies are giving his character more depth. i wonder what marvel has in store for the wall-crawler. i haven't been following the comics as religiously as i should but i am hearing good reviews. hoping i could catch up with the stories soon! hehehe.

the illuminati compare notes about their women

ironman, ever the topman, "tops them all"...until namor slaps him with a fishy question :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

post-83787-1187104234.jpg

If SpiderMan was there.. he could have easily topped the list by saying that she slept with the best of the best.. Mary Jane Watson, Gwen Stacy, Felicia Hardy.. or maybe.. even Betty Brant.. hahaha...

Kidding aside, Madam Masque (IMO) does not look like Dr. Doom.. She does wear a steel (gold) Masque, but she is sexy.. Maybe that statement of Stark re: Madame Masque would start the whole new Skrull event.. Well, Skrulls would have a different taste in women than human beings, and maybe.. the Iron Man in the "New Avengers: Illuminati #4 is not Tony Stark but a Skrull.. hahaha... :lol:

Edited by revi

If you follow the post Crisis rebooted JLU lineup...or DCAU, Hawkgirl or Sheyera Thal (GL's love interest), is a legit Thanagarian, on the other hand

The post Crisis Hawkman, an archeologist who adopted Thanagarian technology (Nth Metal) and dubbed himself as Hawkman

The Silver Age/Pre Crisis Hawkman & Hawkgirl are "legit" Thanagarians

The one you saw in the poster is the Silver Age/Pre Crisis Hawkman named Carter Hall

Mga kuya question po sa line up ng JLA.

I know that there is a male counter part of Hawk Girl. In the ORIGINAL line up of JLA, is it the Hawk Girl or Hawk Man?

I saw this poster in Megamall, I think it was Comic Alley, the person wearing the Hawk custome was a male one.

Edited by orionpax

I had a fantastic day for my comic book collection today...

Was able to buy wonderful pick-ups for really drop dead prices....

hahaha.... Just look at these wonderful back issues....

1) Thundercats #0 - art by: J. Scott Campbell --- Php40

2) Avengers Finale (Disassembled aftermath) - Php30

3) Gen 13/Fantastic Four - P80 (one shot)

4) DK2 - Frank Miller - Php100

5) JLA/Teen Titans #1 - Php30

:thumbsupsmiley:

I had a fantastic day for my comic book collection today...

Was able to buy wonderful pick-ups for really drop dead prices....

hahaha.... Just look at these wonderful back issues....

1) Thundercats #0 - art by: J. Scott Campbell --- Php40

2) Avengers Finale (Disassembled aftermath) - Php30

3) Gen 13/Fantastic Four - P80 (one shot)

4) DK2 - Frank Miller - Php100

5) JLA/Teen Titans #1 - Php30

:thumbsupsmiley:

Glad ur happy bro. Maybe we should start a new thread about our collections and start a group? Cheers bro. :thumbsupsmiley:

Glad ur happy bro. Maybe we should start a new thread about our collections and start a group? Cheers bro. :thumbsupsmiley:

I agree.. Maybe we should, bro.. Yknow, just for us to keep track on the upcoming comics events locally or some reviews we have read for the up & coming releases.. It can even help us track comics we are currently on the hunt for..

I guess, ikaw naman ang nag-suggest.. Maybe you could initiate something, bro.. :mtc:

A group or chapter? That would be nice.

Sir Revi, I saw some comics for sale in Rob Ermita. Some where just 30 - 50 each.

I did not bought cause I dont know how to check whether its orig or not.

It was a BOOKSALE stall located on the ground floor near the center.

Thanks bro..

BTW, I bought those titles at JAE Collectibles, at SM Megamall.. Cheap and in good condition.. They are not so hard to find but at the very least, the issues that I got aren't supposed to be in the bargain bin.. The DK2 alone, in Comic Odyssey is priced at around P400 yata.. But for me, the best was, the Gen13/FF crossover.. I always love inter-company cross overs.. So, this was a good find for me..

But the best was Thundercats #0.. The first Wildstorm Thundercat comicbook.. hahaha.. Still valued at $3 (per price guide).. I can't wait for the planned movie come into fruition.. Then, just maybe, this comicbook might just go up in flames.. Well, that is wishful thinking, but still Campbell's art was worth the 40 bucks I spent.. :cool:

A group or chapter? That would be nice.

Sir Revi, I saw some comics for sale in Rob Ermita. Some where just 30 - 50 each.

I did not bought cause I dont know how to check whether its orig or not.

It was a BOOKSALE stall located on the ground floor near the center.

Hmmm? It’s probably orig bro. If I’ll have some time next Sunday I’ll try to check these out.

I agree.. Maybe we should, bro.. Yknow, just for us to keep track on the upcoming comics events locally or some reviews we have read for the up & coming releases.. It can even help us track comics we are currently on the hunt for..

I guess, ikaw naman ang nag-suggest.. Maybe you could initiate something, bro.. :mtc:

Thanks bro..

Langya, naunahan mo ako dun bro ah. Kaw sana isa-suggest ko na mamuno eh. I guess since we’re loving this stuff something must be done or at least magkaroon na rin ng thread or a group. I’m not really a leader type pero I will do my share. I’m open to suggestions. I will try to ask the mods on how to start a group or something.

Anyway, I’m planning to get the new Mouse Guard Winter 1152 series for comic value purposes. Can’t believe this series was a hit when it came out last 2006. I doubt our local shops ordered copies for the series but what a hit in terms of comic value.

And another mouse will enter the field by September: Mice Templar. I’ve read somewhere that both (Mouse Guard and Mice Templar) series are almost the same it’s just that Mouse Guard is a Harry Potter approach while Mice Templar is like Lord of The Rings approach. So watch out for this because it might have the same success Mouse Guard gained.

Artist Mike Wieringo passed away last Sunday (US Time) from a heart attack. He was 44.

The Sinestro Corps story is really a sleeper bro and I’m enjoying it so far. I wonder what Superboy Prime wants

Any of you guys planning to slab some comics? I’m saving some money to have 10 comics to be slabbed by this year. I hope they get high grades. The cream of the crop would be Amazing Spider-Man # 529 (4 copies of first printings) then I’d probably sell the other 3 copies.

Langya, naunahan mo ako dun bro ah. Kaw sana isa-suggest ko na mamuno eh. I guess since we’re loving this stuff something must be done or at least magkaroon na rin ng thread or a group. I’m not really a leader type pero I will do my share. I’m open to suggestions. I will try to ask the mods on how to start a group or something.

Any of you guys planning to slab some comics? I’m saving some money to have 10 comics to be slabbed by this year. I hope they get high grades. The cream of the crop would be Amazing Spider-Man # 529 (4 copies of first printings) then I’d probably sell the other 3 copies.

hahaha.. I do hope that the group we are envisioning about would help us and the other comic book-afficionados in MTC..

You have 4 copies of ASM #529? haha.. Yknow, I only have one.. and its a third print.. Sheesh!!! hahaha.. Well, I have no comics to be slabbed, bro.. Coz I only have single copies of each comic book that I own.. :thumbsupsmiley:

The up and coming series "Captain America: The Chosen" looks promising.. Might get that.. I also bought the new Booster Gold #1.. It had great reviews in ign.com.. But I might just get the first issue.. Was never a fan of futuristic super heroes.. haha..

i have a question. since trade paperbacks are all in the rage, can it be graded also as like an actual comicbook? does it have any value? i seems that today, after a story arc is completed, a month or so later there will be a compilation in tpb.

Anyone can correct me on this one..

IMO, TPB's (or trade paperbacks) do not really go up in value.. I do think that TPB's are treated much like oridnary books.. Unlike comicbooks that have a tendency to go up in value.. Although, TPBs are also written in the price guide, I still believe that not a single one has gone up in value..

There are collectors who still buy TPB's so that they would not open their collections.. So as not to destroy the pristine-ness of their collections.. Plus TPB's sometimes offer certain stuff that are not found in the original singles.. Like for example, additional art or sketches..

I have several TPB's.. But if I have the opportunity to buy the original loose copies of the TPB's that I have.. I would.. I have bought loose copies (sets) of Crisis, the Break out story line (new Avengers) and the Avengers Disassembled.. Even though I was able to buy the TPB's of those series already.. Nothing compares to the original copies.. :thumbsupsmiley:

hahaha.. I do hope that the group we are envisioning about would help us and the other comic book-afficionados in

MTC..

You have 4 copies of ASM #529? haha.. Yknow, I only have one.. and its a third print.. Sheesh!!! hahaha.. Well, I

have no comics to be slabbed, bro.. Coz I only have single copies of each comic book that I own.. :thumbsupsmiley:

The up and coming series "Captain America: The Chosen" looks promising.. Might get that.. I also bought the new

Booster Gold #1.. It had great reviews in ign.com.. But I might just get the first issue.. Was never a fan of futuristic super heroes.. haha..

Of course, the group would be created to help comic book-afficionados here in MTC. And I'm getting busy trying to figure

this out.

Well, I try to buy multiple copies of key issues if they're still availabale for monetary purposes. Hehehe.

I got Booster Gold and I like it so far and I recommend it. I like the scene where he turned down the Justice League.

i have a question. since trade paperbacks are all in the rage, can it be graded also as like an actual comicbook?

does it have any value? i seems that today, after a story arc is completed, a month or so later there will be a

compilation in tpb.

As far as I know it can't be graded because most of TPB are very thick and larger than the average comic. In some

instances the value increases but it's very rare. You're correct that in a month or so there would be a compilation

of the arc or series. But sometimes they don't. In some cases the compiled format comes out as a digest w/c isn't

my taste.

Anyone can correct me on this one..

IMO, TPB's (or trade paperbacks) do not really go up in value.. I do think that TPB's are treated much like

oridnary books.. Unlike comicbooks that have a tendency to go up in value.. Although, TPBs are also written in the

price guide, I still believe that not a single one has gone up in value..

There are collectors who still buy TPB's so that they would not open their collections.. So as not to destroy the

pristine-ness of their collections.. Plus TPB's sometimes offer certain stuff that are not found in the original

singles.. Like for example, additional art or sketches..

I have several TPB's.. But if I have the opportunity to buy the original loose copies of the TPB's that I have.. I

would.. I have bought loose copies (sets) of Crisis, the Break out story line (new Avengers) and the Avengers

Disassembled.. Even though I was able to buy the TPB's of those series already.. Nothing compares to the original

copies.. :thumbsupsmiley:

I can't recall if I've seen one in a price guide but some of them goes up in value but it's very rare. I think early

TPBs (first printings) rise up in value too although it's really rare. I also have TPBs and buy some from time to

time if I have some extra cash.

TPBs are all I get nowadays

learned my lesson with the Ultimates, it really wasn't worth it to me to wait for a year for a conclusion to a

story arc

Hehehe. Someone should be punished for late issues.