Dc And Marvel Universe

For those who are after bargain old comic books:

I saw boxes of comic books in my local Filbars shop (Riverbank) that are selling for 50 for two issues.. old comics (circa early 90s downwards).. was able to buy a 1971 Sub Mariner comic book.. in fairly good condition.. :thumbsupsmiley: I even saw a Turok issue that was made not by Valiant but by Dell.. 25 cents nga eh.. Heaven sa akin ang old comics kasi.. :P

I am more interested nowadays in reading the old issues of Marvel --- the older the better.. I am not too interested in the new storylines.. (as I have said in my previous posts)..

So Mr. Cheeselogger.. do you still collect NBA Cards? I am still collecting.. rookies and si Tim Duncan ang collection ko.. Siyempre Ginobili, and Parker.. I am looking for cards of the rookies this season.. hindi na kasi ako nakakapunta every Saturday sa Galleria to trade and buy from the collectors and mga "hagad" sa Courtside..

One of my top "lesser" known characters in comics was Damage.. from DC..

sorry bro, I think I only collected it during the '94-'95 and '95-'96 season and I only bought the Skybox brand. hence, I don't have any TD's or KG's...

anyway, I just remembered one of the storylines from Marvel about this deadly virus (Legacy, I think)infecting mutants only. any of you guys know what happened to this story?

sorry bro, I think I only collected it during the '94-'95 and '95-'96 season and I only bought the Skybox brand. hence, I don't have any TD's or KG's...

anyway, I just remembered one of the storylines from Marvel about this deadly virus (Legacy, I think)infecting mutants only. any of you guys know what happened to this story?

The Legacy Virus story arc concerned a deadly virus that affected only mutants. The story arc involved Magneto wanting to mutate the virus so that it would affect only humans, leaving mutants unharmed. Of course, the X-Men opposed him in this although Magneto was partially successful. Suddenly, the Legacy virus affected both humans and mutants. It was only through the sacrifice of Dr Moira MacTaggart (for the humans) and Colossus (for the mutants) that a cure was found for the Legacy virus.

This is the story arc where Beast finds a cure for the virus however a mutant must die in order to "activate" the cure. Against the advice of the X-Men, Colossus injects himself with the cure, thereby "activating" the serum and providing replicable vaccines for all mutants.

This is the story arc where Beast finds a cure for the virus however a mutant must die in order to "activate" the cure.  Against the advice of the X-Men, Colossus injects himself with the cure, thereby "activating" the serum and providing replicable vaccines for all mutants.

add. info...

Colossus is back... check out astonishing X-Men...

Only Bucky stays dead.....

Hehehe! Totoo ito BreastMaN.. Just wanna add: May reincarnation naman itong si Bucky eh.. first it was Nomad.. but he left Capt. America coz he decided to do his hero's skills alone.. Then when Steve Rogers (Capt. America) retired briefly and the US Agent took over the stars and stripes mantle.. there was a black skinned Bucky.. :lol:

patay din naman yung little sister ni Colossus na si Illyana di ba? :huh:

Yup.. Sa X-Men.. si Thunderbird patay na din (issue #95 ng Uncanny XMen).. Sa Spidey si Gwen Stacy (ang talagang true love ni Peter Parker). Hindi na binuhay itong mga characters na ito.. coz if ever na bubuhayin nila ulit si Gwen Stacy siguradong hindi si Mary Jane Watson ang mapapangasawa (yup, matagal ng kasal si MJ at Peter sa comics) ni Peter Parker.. Ben Parker (Uncle Ben) has remained dead.. pati parents ni Peter.. pati na rin tatay ni Gwen na si Capt. Stacy.. But these Spidey characters surfaced as clones, etc. na nakakainis talaga.. Marvel even killed Aunt May then made her survive.. and then ni-re-issue #1 nila ang mga Spidey titles.. bwisit! Gumulo istorya.. Isa pang namatay ay si Ned Leeds (the original Hobgoblin) and has remained dead..

I don't know if you have noticed.. but Stan Lee really created one of the best politically correct comic groups of all time.. the X-Men.. as mutants.. outcasts sila ng society di ba? Much like the racism problem in the US.. And to make it more interesting.. he added more members that came from other countries.. Wolverine (Canada), Colossus (Russia), Nightcrawler (Germany), Storm (Africa), Red Fox (Japan), Thunderbird (American Indian), Gambit (France-I am not sure), etc.. and of course a lot are US born (e.g., Beast, Cyclops, Iceman, etc.)..

BTW, I have a question for the Spider Man fans out there.. Who do you want to see na villains in the upcoming Spidey movie series? Here's my list:

Hobgoblin (original), Lizard, Sandman, Mysterio, Vulture, Kraven the Hunter, Chameleon and of course Venom and Carnage.. But the most interesting is the Green Goblin, I would not be surprised if Harry Osborn would take his dad's mantle.. coz it already happened in the comic series.. :)

Yup.. Sa X-Men.. si Thunderbird patay na din (issue #95 ng Uncanny XMen).. Sa Spidey si Gwen Stacy (ang talagang true love ni Peter Parker). Hindi na binuhay itong mga characters na ito.. coz if ever na bubuhayin nila ulit si Gwen Stacy siguradong hindi si Mary Jane Watson ang mapapangasawa (yup, matagal ng kasal si MJ at Peter sa comics) ni Peter Parker.. Ben Parker (Uncle Ben) has remained dead.. pati parents ni Peter.. pati na rin tatay ni Gwen na si Capt. Stacy.. But these Spidey characters surfaced as clones, etc. na nakakainis talaga.. Marvel even killed Aunt May then made her survive.. and then ni-re-issue #1 nila ang mga Spidey titles.. bwisit! Gumulo istorya.. Isa pang namatay ay si Ned Leeds (the original Hobgoblin) and has remained dead..

If I remember right, Marvel relaunched all the spider titles because sales really hit rock bottom during the late 90s. The only way they could revitalize the title was to "start again" so new readers could jump back in, without fear of not knowing what was happening. Personally, I think everyone hated the spider-clone saga so much they dropped the titles completely and never returned.

I'm kinda pissed off that Colossus and Psylocke are back amongst the living, after all what are the chances of having two team mates rise from the dead, within a few months of each other?

On another note, Chris Claremont is definitely the worst writer doing the current X-titles. A few years back, he was given complete editorial powers over the "Relaunch" of the X-men. He reorganized the teams, added a few members, kicked out others, etc. etc. 18 months later, Marvel had to relaunch the "relaunched" X-men again because the titles were going nowhere! Thankfully, Grant Morisson came in and changed everything the world knew about mutants and the X-men. Too bad Grant pissed off the editors so much that when he left, the editors undid much of his ideas with Astonishing X-men and House of M. And Chris Claremont continues to make unreadable X-men comics.

I don't know if you have noticed.. but Stan Lee really created one of the best politically correct comic groups of all time.. the X-Men.. as mutants.. outcasts sila ng society di ba? Much like the racism problem in the US.. And to make it more interesting.. he added more members that came from other countries.. Wolverine (Canada), Colossus (Russia), Nightcrawler (Germany), Storm (Africa), Red Fox (Japan), Thunderbird (American Indian), Gambit (France-I am not sure), etc.. and of course a lot are US born (e.g., Beast, Cyclops, Iceman, etc.)..

BTW, I have a question for the Spider Man fans out there.. Who do you want to see na villains in the upcoming Spidey movie series? Here's my list:

Hobgoblin (original), Lizard, Sandman, Mysterio, Vulture, Kraven the Hunter, Chameleon and of course Venom and Carnage.. But the most interesting is the Green Goblin, I would not be surprised if Harry Osborn would take his dad's mantle.. coz it already happened in the comic series..  :)

I do believe Gambit's from the US (specifically in the New Orleans area) as he is a Cajun.

I've never heard of Red Fox before, what does he/she look like? :huh:

I 'd like to see Kraven and the Lizard as they are very rich-in-character villains and they would really be good adversaries to Spidey in a movie... IMHO

I think the mutant from Japan is the deceased Sunfire, the other mutant with fox on their monicker is Silverfox (a former comrade of Logan)

I do believe Gambit's from the US (specifically in the New Orleans area) as he is a Cajun.

I've never heard of Red Fox before, what does he/she look like? :huh:

I 'd like to see Kraven and the Lizard as they are very rich-in-character villains and they would really be good adversaries to Spidey in a movie... IMHO

I stand corrected.. Gambit is from New Orleans.. May nakita ang akong card na naka-depict na sa New Orleans siya nagmula.. sorry guys...

Patay na pala si Sun Fire.. did he become an X-Man? ang alam ko kasi wala siyang group affiliation eh.. Mutant lang siya..

I can't really describe how Red Fox looks like.. but this character has long been missing.. kasabayan nila Eric the Red ito eh.. I think he has died as well..

I stand corrected.. Gambit is from New Orleans.. May nakita ang akong card na naka-depict na sa New Orleans siya nagmula.. sorry guys...

Patay na pala si Sun Fire.. did he become an X-Man? ang alam ko kasi wala siyang group affiliation eh.. Mutant lang siya..

I can't really describe how Red Fox looks like.. but this character has long been missing.. kasabayan nila Eric the Red ito eh.. I think he has died as well..

hehe, familiar yung Eric the Red ah. siya ata yung isa sa mga naging villains ng X-Men in their earlier years. di ba wala siyang powers?

iba pa si Sunspot kay Sunfire di ba? ang naalala ko si Sunspot yung Brazilian na kasama nina Cannonball sa New Mutants na lumipat sa X-Force na ang team leader eh si Cable...

tama ba ako? :huh:

hehe, familiar yung Eric the Red ah. siya ata yung isa sa mga naging villains ng X-Men in their earlier years. di ba wala siyang powers?

iba pa si Sunspot kay Sunfire di ba? ang naalala ko si Sunspot yung Brazilian na kasama nina Cannonball sa New Mutants na lumipat sa X-Force na ang team leader eh si Cable...

tama ba ako? :huh:

If my memory serves me right.. yup.. you're correct..

Only Bucky stays dead.....

pre... check out the current capt. america storyline (by mr. brubaker and mr. epting)... there's this winter soldier character which is believed to be "bucky"... the story isn't finished yet so at this point this is all speculation but all the clues points to the fact that this is bucky...

btw I must say that this current arc by the above mentioned writer and artist is really great...

kudos to this two... :thumbsupsmiley: hope they stay on the title for a long time... (they would most likely be the replacement of the bendis/maleev team which is currently helming the daredevil series which is also a great series...) :thumbsupsmiley: