Dc And Marvel Universe

I think Cyclops has anticipated that Jean will die (again and again) so there was a twist wherein Scott & Emma Frost (former White Queen of the Hell Fire Club) are having a "psychic" affair behind Jean's back....well Scott had Madelyne Prior naman di ba? :lol:

More likely cyclops has a thing for psychics...remember he also had a psychic fling with psyclocke!

Hey! Just saw the new Capt. America comic book.. parang si Bucky yung nasa cover.. he has a different name now.. at sabi ng mga nakausap ko sa Filbar's mukhang si Bucky daw talaga yun.. Hindi pa yata alam kung sino.. but all findings point to Bucky.. Ano ito? After almost 50 yrs. bubuhayin nila ulit si Bucky.. Hay naku!!! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Just recently bought the House of M limited series (in comic book format).. Sabi ito daw ang pangyayari that altered the Marvel Universe.. Got interested.. That's why I bought it.. Haven't read it yet.. but I am kinda excited.. :thumbsupsmiley:

There is also a new Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe.. 12 issues yata.. Kokompletuhin ko ito coz I have the TPB of the first Handbook which was originally published in 1982-1983.. Ito na kasi yung updated.. kaya kukunin ko na para naman updated ako sa mga bagong characters at altered characters.. Nice to re-live my passion when I was a kid,a teen ager and early 20's.. :thumbsupsmiley: Hanggang sa handbook lang ako at House of M.. at hanggang walang alterations na naman ang Marvel.. hindi muna ako magbabasa..

I still kinda like the storylines before (80's to early 90's) than today.. para kasing masyadong extreme ang mga pangyayari.. pinatay ito.. binuhay yun.. but a nice read is a nice read..

DC has good story lines nowadays.. but was never a DC fan.. kaya I was not interested in buying their new Crisis storylines.. but good reads yata.. coz a comic book fan in Filbars was so overwhelmed with the storylines.. he kept on ranting the story.. :lol:

DC has good story lines nowadays.. but was never a DC fan.. kaya I was not interested in buying their new Crisis storylines.. but good reads yata.. coz a comic book fan in Filbars was so overwhelmed with the storylines.. he kept on ranting the story..  :lol:

I think the editors over at the top 2 (DC & Marvel) are trying to keep things tight with their respective titles. As much as possible have something significant happen in the storyline--it gives the issues more weight and keeps readers hooked. No more long drawn-out storylines that take years and years to finish. That, for me, was the thing i hated most about the 80's and 90's comics (that, and stupidly expensive fancy covers). That way, the writers who made the story can finish it as it was meant to be finished. No more loose threads, no more cheap endings.

Example: the Legacy virus in X-men. It was meant to be Stryfe's revenge on mutants, a virus that overpowered the victim by overloading their powers. At first it was an urgent matter, then as the years wore on it just became something in the background, mentioned occasionally in every few issues. Only after something like 7 years did they find a cure, and by then, no one really cared.

Hey! Just saw the new Capt. America comic book.. parang si Bucky yung nasa cover.. he has a different name now.. at sabi ng mga nakausap ko sa Filbar's mukhang si Bucky daw talaga yun.. Hindi pa yata alam kung sino.. but all findings point to Bucky.. Ano ito? After almost 50 yrs. bubuhayin nila ulit si Bucky.. Hay naku!!! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Just recently bought the House of M limited series (in comic book format).. Sabi ito daw ang pangyayari that altered the Marvel Universe.. Got interested.. That's why I bought it.. Haven't read it yet.. but I am kinda excited..  :thumbsupsmiley:

all clues so far points to bucky... for me its not so much as the character being dead for quite some time but rather the delivery on how it happened (the resurrection)... i'm more interested in the story...

note: DC also made a story similar to this one... it involves Batman and his supposed to be dead side kick jason todd (a.k.a. robin)... great story... awesome art...

So.. m@rky.. was Jason Todd resurrected? What exactly happened?

The Bat titles were one of my faves during the Knightfall, quest and end.. The third Robin.. Tim Drake, (I heard) has already retired.. and there was a girl who took the mantle of Robin.. si Spoiler yata.. but when he disobeyed a rule of Batman not to interfere in a fight.. she got fired.. patay na rin yata si Spoiler..

Although, I know for a fact, that there are a lot of Crisis fans of DC.. especially the new crisis series.. but I never liked having different earths (1,2,&3, di ba?) coz para sa akin nagugulo ang continuity.. at nagiging mahirap to jump ship.. coz you have to read the past titles to understand what happened.. Akala ko before nung ginawa ng DC yung Zero Hour.. ipagdidikit-dikit na nila yung mga events.. hay naku! :thumbsdownsmiley:

This is the reason why even though magandang basahin ang new storylines ng DC hindi pa rin ako nag-collect nito.. Sa Marvel kasi walang ibang reality.. isa lang.. maaring i-alter nila just like in the House of M series but still may kinalaman yung dating mga pangyayari.. So hindi mahirap mag-jump ship..

Sa DC kasi ang isang character may ibat't-ibang realities.. dahil may iba't-ibang earths.. so iba din ang mga pangyayari per Earth di ba? I just hope that Marvel with its House of M series, would make the series as the cornerstone of their storylines.. meaning kahit buhayin nila sina Antman or Hawkeye.. as long as the continuity does not get destroyed.. Buti na lang they did not integrate the ultimate timeline in the present reality.. parang crisis lang yun.. di baduy? at gugulo lang..

In the House of M series.. Wanda (the Scarlet Witch) got so depressed whenever she remembers her twins that "never existed".. and she wants to alter reality.. and consequently had so many effects in the M Universe.. When the Vision and Scarlet Witch got married.. they bore twins (Vision and Scarlet Witch Limited Series-I have that lim series) but I never knew what happened to the twins.. I browsed in the internet and found out that:

"The twin sons of Vision and the Scarlet Witch were born out of magic and the probability altering powers of Wanda. However, what really happened is Wanda's power latched hold of two shards of the demon Mephisto (he had recently been defeated and split into separate fractions by Franklin Richards). Agatha Harkness arrived after the twins began disappearing (they would vanish whenever Wanda wasn't thinking about them, i.e. during a desperate battle). Soon after Master Pandemonium kidnapped the twins and converted them back into their demonic nature for Mephisto. Though it appears that they never really had souls of their own, Kang (a time traveller) and Mantis have recently fought against the Avengers with two brothers in their twenties named Tobias and Malachi. They appear to be somehow connected to the Vision and Scarlet Witch, but whether they are William and Thomas remains to be seen." FYI lang ito..

i was referring to the "Hush" storyline...

in that arc the use of batmans emotions towards the "death" of jason was well portrayed and used... (not to mention the use of villains as well).

in that arc they implied that jason was the mysterious hush figure which was behind the recent events thats been happening (in that story). and of course batman was hell bent on discovering the truth... batman was able to meet the hush villain but as far as i know (i might have missed a few clues here and there) the arc ended up with hush being implied as jason todd (a lot more clues and hints was dropped)...

i was into this book in the first place because of jim lee, i didn't follow the next story arc because it wasn't drawn by him...

i researched a little bit and i was able to find out that there's a new character in batman's world named "the red hood". this character was the one who was revealed as jason todd. as of the moment how he was resurrected is still mystery to me... (sorry i'm not up to date with this character). how he was resurrected might have already been explained but you might need to ask those who followed the storyline...

bucky on the other hand is a little bit different because i'm more of a marvel fan, so i do care for this character.

are you looking for a batman or a spiderman book only?

if i might suggest, try and check out "the ultimates" or "the ultimates 2" from marvel...

There are Essentials TPB (trade paper backs) at 999 per of Spiderman (also XMen, Daredevil, etc.) which compiles the old comic books and the annuals.. Example would be the Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider Man Essentials Vol. 1.. which would cover the issues of Spectacular from 1-30.. plus some annuals if space would permit.. Medyo mahal sa mga comic book shops as compared to Powerbooks..

The ultimates that m@rky said are stories na wala sa continuity ng Marvel.. para na ring Elseworlds ng DC.. but ito magaganda (daw) ang story arcs.. Meron na ring TPB's ang ultimates..

I am now renewing my interest on the Avengers.. kasi dito ngayon nag-rerevolve ang Marvel Universe.. Check out the House of M limited series.. (meron na ring TPB) I am now looking for the TPB's of the following: Avengers Disassembled.. and JLA vs. Avengers.. Marvel has new Avengers now: Hawkeye, Ant man and the Vision are dead.. The new Avengers are comprised of: Spider Man, Iron Man, Power Man (Luke Cage), Spider Woman - Jessica Drew, Capt. America, Wolverine, the Sentry..

Hi newbie here... question for you guys. Say I have php1000, what's a great batman book to buy? Or spiderman maybe?

Btw, I already have the 3 batman knightfall.

Batman books you gotta have:

Broken City

Arkham Asylum

No Man's Land Volume 5

The Long Haloween

Batman Year One

The Killing Joke

Gothic

and most important of all....The Dark Knight Returns

As for Spiderman, anything with the spider clone saga...just kidding!

Don't follow Spiderman kasi eh. more into the x-titles and vertigo.

Hey, maybe you wanna try a few vertigo books aside from The Sandman? If you've read the Sandman, check out Lucifer. Even Neil Gaiman is in praise of Mike Carey's work on Lucifer.

Other Vertigo titles worth reading:

Fables

Y: The Last Man

Swamp Thing

V for Vendetta

The Losers

The Invisibles

and the most important comic of the last century...Watchmen.

in that arc they implied that jason was the mysterious hush figure which was behind the recent events thats been happening (in that story). and of course batman was hell bent on discovering the truth... batman was able to meet the hush villain but as far as i know (i might have missed a few clues here and there) the arc ended up with hush being implied as jason todd (a lot more clues and hints was dropped)...

i researched a little bit and i was able to find out that there's a new character in batman's world named "the red hood". this character was the one who was revealed as jason todd. as of the moment how he was resurrected is still mystery to me... (sorry i'm not up to date with this character). how he was resurrected might have already been explained but you might need to ask those who followed the storyline...

if you read the story, you would find out that Hush is actually Bruce Wayne's childhood friend Tommy Elliott who has a grudge against him. though with recent developments, it is implied that Jason Todd himself may have been involved in some way as well, esp. during one scene there...

all will be revealed as to how Jason Todd came back in the upcoming Batman Annual comic. I think it will be out next month; correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi newbie here... question for you guys. Say I have php1000, what's a great batman book to buy? Or spiderman maybe?

Btw, I already have the 3 batman knightfall.

I would suggest to buy Spiderman Title Era 1980 to 1996 issue dont buy issue release in 1996 to 2003, since this is the issue were the penciler draw a comic characters in a different way, this use computer animation, dark back ground.

Buy issue were an Villan and new superHeroes appear, and if you see Amazing Spiderman 300 first appearance Of Venom Buy it!

I saw some comics at Powerbooks and two of em caught my attention....one is Spiderman/Peter Parker is a teenage boy and the other comic features a woman as Spiderman...hmmmm havent been following the Spidey storyline...care to share what happpened here? :D

Peter Parker as a teenage boy? Dunno about that story arc.. Hindi kaya compilation ito ng mga back issues ng Amazing Spider Man.. Coz when the Spider Man story started in the 60's.. Stan Lee and Steve Ditko conceptualized Spidey as a teenage boy (a high school student) di ba? Kung hindi ito yung Essentials.. hindi ko ito alam pare..

With regards to a woman being SpiderMan.. (Hindi ito sina Jessica Drew.. yung mga Spider Woman di ba?) --- I think this was after the clone saga.. Di ba nag-retire si Peter Parker dun.. and then there was this Spidey woman that came up.. Di ako sure dito orionpax ha.. The funny thing is I think I have some issues of that story arc.. but I did not read them coz I lost interest.. and I stopped reading and collecting comics during that run.. Those comics are in my other house in Cavite.. Due to work, I haven't had the time to visit our other house.. But if time permits.. try ko ngang basahin ito..

To those who know the story arc.. correct me if I am wrong..

I tried to order the JLA vs. Avengers TPB.. Nakupow!!! Hardbound pala ito.. and has a wrap around cover by George Perez.. Maganda ano? Kaso at 4,000.. Ayayayay!!! Parang mas maganda pa kung umorder na lang ako ng back issues..

Jason Todd? the 2nd robin who died at the hands of the JOKER? astig ha....

guys, i took a kiatus from the comic scene and was wondering what happened to the xmen...

if we condense the last few years of the x-titles, heres how it goes:

Magneto takes control of Genosha and becomes its leader. Genosha is declared a haven for all mutants. Magneto kidnaps Prof X and declares war on the world (again), but is stopped by the X-men. Soon after, Genosha is destroyed by Mega-Sentinels controlled by Cassandra Nova. Around 12 million mutants die.

The mutant population of the world has been exponentially increasing, and mutants are no longer the hapless minority. It is estimated that within 3 generations, the human race will become extinct.

Cassandra Nova (who turns out to be Prof X's twin sister) takes control of Prof X's body and publicly declares himself a mutant, as well as leader of the X-men to the whole world. He sets up X-corp offices around the world to take care of mutants. Cassandra Nova is eventually defeated by the X-men, but only after destroying the Shiar royal family and nearly causing a war between earth and the Shiar.

Magneto, thought dead in the attack on Genosha turns out to be alive (again) and has been posing as a different mutant teaching at the X-Mansion. He declares war on the world (again), the X-Mansion is destroyed (again), New York is decimated (again), but is defeated by the X-men (again). Before he is decapitated by Wolverine, Magneto manages to k*ll Jean Grey (Planet X storyline).

Magneto turns out to be alive (again), and the magneto wolverine killed was actually a clone of magneto called joseph. Magneto takes custody of the Scarlet Witch after she destroys the Avengers (Avengers: Disassembled storyline). Prof X resigns as head of the X-school and X-men and goes to Genosha to help fix the Scarlet Witch's mind.

The New Avengers and X-men debate on whether to k*ll the Scarlet Witch because she is too powerful and mentally unstable. Before they can act, the Scarlet Witch changes reality and makes her father's dream of a working mutant supremacy come true (House of M storyline). Everybody who matters finds out that reality is wrong, they go to Genosha to take down Scarlet Witch, a fight ensues and Scarlet Witch changes reality back to what it should be. Except for one major thing..."no more mutants".

So, just as the mutant population was exploding, it is suddenly down to less than 200. Mutants aren't fighting for acceptance any more, they are fighting for survival.

Which brings us to the present day. (whew!)