Dc And Marvel Universe

I was acomic book collector from 1989 to 1997 and I have had multiple titles from both DC and Marvel(Even Image and Darkhorse)...

Madami na akong mge titles na napaalpas but the CIVIL WAR, House of M, etc. Mukhang naiintriga ako sa kanila...

You might still be able to get the house of M (either in singles or in trade) series through your local comic book shops. Civil War will start this may.

HOUSE OF M - shook things up for the mutant population... though there are ramifications on some non-mutant characters...

CIVIL WAR - according to Marvel, will shake everything... from the new avengers to the fantastic four down to solo heroes such as she-hulk and the like... according to some sources, it has something to do about a super-hero registration act wherein super heroes are forced to register their true identities to the govt. forcing the split (thus the name civil war) on the super hero community... some likes it some hates it thus splitting teams and friendship apart...

Anyone have an update on DECIMATION (aftermathof House of M)

I got all the House of M "affected" titles, but lost time to drop by the shops to get my copies for Decimation...

After the House of M series.. the mutant population almost became extinct.. I did not get interested in the Son of M and the Decimation titles coz the mutant story lines have been used so much in the 1990's and it sounded redundant once again.. So, I assumed that it is not really necessary to get those issues coz they are not really tied up with the real "pasabog" of Marvel this year which is the Civil War..

SpiderMan has a new costume given by Tony Stark.. According to Marvel, the Civil War series would create much impact on Spidey and that new costume given by Stark will play an important part.. Let's see..

---

The DC Universe is really shaken after the Infinite Crisis storyline.. After the Crisis, the World Without Heroes series would come.. No Supes, Bats and Wonder Woman.. 52 issues for 52 weeks (1 year) which would start in May.. This would lead to the current 1 Year Later stuff for all the titles in DC.. Looks like a good read..

Grabe.. DC's World Without and Marvel's Civil War would be both coming out in May.. doble-doble gastos nito..

Grabe.. DC's World Without and Marvel's Civil War would be both coming out in May.. doble-doble gastos nito..

you said it... though unfortunately I'm not getting the 52 series by DC... for those interested you can check out comic quest. i think they're offering a promo for those who are interested in getting the series...

it was a toss up between that and Marvel's Civil War... civil war won out... :D

unfortunately I didn't get the Son of M series... I've been hearing a lot of good rumors regarding this book though...

SpiderMan has a new costume given by Tony Stark.. According to Marvel, the Civil War series would create much impact on Spidey and that new costume given by Stark will play an important part.. Let's see..

---

The DC Universe is really shaken after the Infinite Crisis storyline.. After the Crisis, the World Without Heroes series would come.. No Supes, Bats and Wonder Woman.. 52 issues for 52 weeks (1 year)  which would start in May.. This would lead to the current 1 Year Later stuff for all the titles in DC.. Looks like a good read..

Haha! Right on!!!

Spidey did die and came back to life, together with the rebirth of one of his old Marvel titles. yup, he's got a new costyume AND new powers!

Infinite Crisis is indeed a great read, plus the artwork is simply....WOW.

Peter Parker wears his new costume and can change into civvy's by just thinking about it.. The costume is much like the symbiote costume where it can be commanded to change to Spidey's liking and has symbiotic like powers (i.e., can have limbs when needed/commanded).. But actually its kinda robotic.. coz Stark made the costume as somewhat like a metal sheet..

FYI.. Power Books is on sale.. All books yata.. Kaya damay yung mga graphic novels/compilations ng comics.. You might wanna check it out.. Saw some new Marvel Essentials there today.. :cool:

hmmm i wonder if Tony Stark fitted Spidey's new suit with Repulsor Rays and a Photon Cannon :lol:

Peter Parker wears his new costume and can change into civvy's by just thinking about it.. The costume is much like the symbiote costume where it can be commanded to change to Spidey's liking and has symbiotic like powers (i.e., can have limbs when needed/commanded).. But actually its kinda robotic.. coz Stark made the costume as somewhat like a metal sheet..

FYI.. Power Books is on sale.. All books yata.. Kaya damay yung mga graphic novels/compilations ng comics.. You might wanna check it out.. Saw some new Marvel Essentials there today..  :cool:

Saw the new spidey costume. it is so... butt-ugly. the black costume was definitely better than this one.

I also recentl;y read Jim Lee's run on Superman... that was one of the most... confusing non-story I've ever read. I hated the Azzarello's storytelling style. Everybody keeps butting in and continuing a phrase uttered by a different character... once or twice it's ok... but they kept doing it for all 12 issues. It's annoying. And Jim Lee's work here isn't up to standards...

• 2 weeks later...

DC's 52 Weeks has started.. The comic book series that would span 1 year (52 weeks).. The basic concept: A world without Supes, Bats, and Wonder Woman.. Should be a nice read.. hopefully, the writers don't f#&k this one up.. :boo:

I've just finished reading all of the Infinite Crisis Saga (from prelude up to the mini series). Whew! Nice build up. Pretty weak ending, though. I didn't like the fact that Flash died (again).

Also am wary how batman will end up in future storylines now that he's supposed to 'mellow down' after the crisis.

Also read the 1st issue of Civil War - way to go, Cap! I like the digital coloring technique that they used. Parang each panel can stand on its own as a trading card with the details and all... Spidey's costume still sucks, but the way it's drawn and colored here... makes it less ugly...

I've just finished reading all of the Infinite Crisis Saga (from prelude up to the mini series). Whew! Nice build up. Pretty weak ending, though. I didn't like the fact that Flash died (again).

Also am wary how batman will end up in future storylines now that he's supposed to 'mellow down' after the crisis.

Also read the 1st issue of Civil War - way to go, Cap! I like the digital coloring technique that they used. Parang each panel can stand on its own as a trading card with the details and all... Spidey's costume still sucks, but the way it's drawn and colored here... makes it less ugly...

same sentiments here regarding the infinite crisis saga... parang bitin yung dating sa akin nung ending...

I was pretty disappointed with DC's Infinite Crisis storyline. I was so disappointed I won't even bother with their 52 event.

Things I hated:

- It's not self-contained. Unlike House of M or Civil War, where everything is recapped before the story is told, this series assumes you've read all the relevant issues beforehand. Worse, other events are told in spin-off specials, so you never really get the entire story (example: GL Kyle Rayner morphs into "Ion" after somebody semi-significant dies; this is never mentioned in the main series. You suddenly wonder just what happened to him).

- How can Superboy be so much more powerful than even Superman? Or for that matter, the entire GL corps?

- Flash & Speed Force disappears--> obviously a temporary thing. Expect a return within a year or two.

- Horrible aftermath. The last issue was really rushed, they should have dedicated a few more pages to explain what happened to the world after the "crisis". Without it, the entire series seems like another Infinity Gauntlet (where no real changes to the Marvel Universe happened).

Overall its an exciting read, but it just wasn't enjoyable for me. After thinking about it, the entire series reeks more of a marketing event rather than a major storyline. I'm just glad I didn't pay a centavo for reading it!

^^ Infinite Crisis was dubbed as an earth shattering storyline.. But it fizzled out in the end.. Like I said, "52 Weeks is out.. I just hope that the writers dont f#&k it up.. (just like the much bally-hooed Infinite..)"

Infinite did not lived to its expectations of really changing the DC Universe.. Flash was the one really who changed.. as can be seen in the storyline.. So, who would take the mantle of the Flash? But it looks like Infinite is just a pre-lude for us to read the new Blue Beetle, Ion, and 52 Weeks, etc. Para ngang Zero hour din ito eh.. or Secret Wars II at (as thirteen said) Infinite Gauntlet, War and Crusade..

Although (for me) it was a good read.. but it lacked the earth-shattering stuff that the House Of M did to the Marvel Universe.. God, who cares if the Conner Kent is dead.. Superboy-clone?.. hehehe!!! Who cares if the old Superman died.. Kung sina Nightwing, Batman, Robin, etc. ang pinatay yun ang earth shattering.. Look at what Marvel did.. in the Avengers Disassembled storyline.. Yun ang earth shattering..

Would still buy the 52 Weeks, just to complete my collection.. I just hope it lives up to its expectations..

Marvel's Civil War seems to be a better read though.. I just hope that it won't be like the Onslaught series where it just fizzled out and readers just lost interest.. But the way Marvel is nowadays, it seems na maganda ang storyline nito..

Just my two cents.. ;)

Edited by revi

eto na lang bro....k*ll Batman and just imagine the consequences :lol:

^^ Infinite Crisis was dubbed as an earth shattering storyline.. But it fizzled out in the end.. Like I said, "52 Weeks is out.. I just hope that the writers dont f#&k it up.. (just like the much bally-hooed Infinite..)"

Infinite did not lived to its expectations of really changing the DC Universe.. Flash was the one really who changed.. as can be seen in the storyline.. So, who would take the mantle of the Flash?  But it looks like Infinite is just a pre-lude for us to read the new Blue Beetle, Ion, and 52 Weeks, etc.  Para ngang Zero hour din ito eh.. or Secret Wars II at (as thirteen said) Infinite Gauntlet, War and Crusade..

Although (for me) it was a good read.. but it lacked the earth-shattering stuff that the House Of M did to the Marvel Universe.. God, who cares if the Conner Kent is dead.. Superboy-clone?.. hehehe!!! Who cares if the old Superman died.. Kung sina Nightwing, Batman, Robin, etc. ang pinatay yun ang earth shattering.. Look at what Marvel did.. in the Avengers Disassembled storyline.. Yun ang earth shattering..

Would still buy the 52 Weeks, just to complete my collection.. I just hope it lives up to its expectations..

Marvel's Civil War seems to be a better read though.. I just hope that it won't be like the Onslaught series where it just fizzled out and readers just lost interest.. But the way Marvel is nowadays, it seems na maganda ang storyline nito..

Just my two cents..  ;)

Not really sure kung na-post na ito.

Have you guys read the Justice League Elite (mini-series lang siya)??

Parang silang "dark" side ng Justice League. "Behind the scenes" action yung style nila. Dati sila sa grupo ng "Elite" - vigilantes na pumapatay ng mga villains na walang awa. Sa huli natalo sila ni Superman.

Ang leader nila si Vera Black (who took the elite). Kapatid niya si manchester, dating leader ng elite. At first, di siya pinaniniwalaan nila Superman. But after saving the human race from the wrath of gaea, through her plan. She earned the respect of other leaguers, such as Flash, Green Arrow, Manitou Rave and Major Disaster.

Kasama din niya ang isang religous Muslim leader.

Sila yung lumalaban ng mga threats (before they go public) through uncoventional/unlawful means (of course no killing).

Hindi kaya ng JLA i-handle ang ganitong threat because of what they represent to the public. And they could simply say that the Justice League Elite does not exist.

Napa-atras nila yung Crime Syndicate of America (counterparts ng JLA sa negative universe) sa isang issue well on the other hand bugbog sarado ang JLA sa CSA.

eto na lang bro....k*ll Batman and just imagine the consequences :lol:

we don't have to imagine... i must say though, the bat has truly surpassed the boy scout & i think that just threw dc into a loop... my impression of dc is that they are always pushing superman to be their figure head because of the kid friendly image & over all popularity with the masses... they just don't see that happening with the bat but they cannot get rid him because of the strong fan base... i don't know if many here are aware of the but over in marvel, a lot of the top dogs, including stan lee actually hate mary jane watson & have tried numerous times to k*ll her off but the character's popularity was just too much that they just kept bringing her back every time they dispatch her...

Marvel civil war rocks...........i'm not biased but it seems that the guys at marvel surely has hit sky rocket high this time.....make mine marvel.....and by the way have you guys check out spiderman's new suit? i've attached it......looking at its color you might get the idea from whom he've got the suit from.......uhm.....it was given by Tony Stark aka Iron Man....red yellow......don't know how you guys think about it, i love the new design, though nothing beats the old red and blue one but this new one still kicks ass..........

post-64490-1148876276.gif

Marvel civil war rocks...........i'm not biased but it seems that the guys at marvel surely has hit sky rocket high this time.....make mine marvel.....and by the way have you guys check out spiderman's new suit? i've attached it......looking at its color you might get the idea from whom he've got the suit from.......uhm.....it was given by Tony Stark aka Iron Man....red yellow......don't know how you guys think about it, i love the new design, though nothing beats the old red and blue one but this new one still kicks ass..........

if i'm not mistaken, i think i've read somewhere that spidey's new costume has some significance in terms of allegiance in their current civil war story.

- it was given by tony stark and we all know (for those who bought and read civil war # 1) whose side he belongs to.

- chances are, spidey would go to their side as a token of appreciation for his new "boss".

- on the other hand, i think spideys real inclination would be that of capt. america...

but this is just my opinion... hehe...

- we all still have to wait for this story to unfold...