Dc And Marvel Universe

...i collected batman up to the arc yung kalaban niya yung scarebeast (art by dustin nguyen)...paano raw nabuhay si jason todd?

...and i agree, spiderman looks better in his original costume....parang magkakulay na sila ni spiderwoman at ni iron man.... :)

Well, the costume was designed/made by Tony Stark.. that would give you an idea why it looks like an Iron Man rip-off..

Heard that Jeph Loeb would be doing some stuff for Marvel.. around November yata.. coz Marvel is bringing back Onslaught (maybe after the Civil War).. Sabi nila si Liefield daw ang artist.. But whoever the artist is.. I expect a good story arc coz Jeph Loeb will be the one doing it.. :thumbsupsmiley:

....jeph loeb delivers good stories...astig!...lalo na yung hush sa batman...at yung on-going superman/batman comics....

pero kawawa, namatay yung anak niya...kaya yung superman/batman#26 in honor sa anak niya....astig yung comic kasi daming artists involved dun (John Cassaday, Joe Madureira, Jeff Matsuda, Ian Churchill, Ed McGuinness, Rob Liefeld, Jim Lee, Tim Sale, Arthur Adams, Joyce Chin, Mike Kunkel, Duncan Rouleau, Carlos Pacheco, Michael Turner and Pat Lee) tapos yung plot at story written by father and son, in collaboration with other writers(Allan Heinberg, Joss Whedon, Joe Kelly, Brad Meltzer, Mark Verheiden, Brian K. Vaughan, Geoff Johns, Joe Casey and Paul Levitz).....kawawa, 17 palang anak niya....

OMFG!!! Liefield is still alive?!? Somebody please k*ll him now.

Pero ok lang. Onslaught is a stupid character and Liefield is a terrible artist - so in a way bagay sila...

About JLU... season 5 is reportedly the series finale... i hope not.

:D Yup.. Yung puros ipin ang nakikita mo kapag ngumiti ang character.. Sucks big time!!!

Never liked Liefield.. But Jeph Loeb does provide me some curiosity to buy the comic if he is the one writing it.. :thumbsupsmiley: --- I am more after a good storyline rather than the art..

Like paupawie said, Batman/Superman #26 was good.. Gives you shivers (as I have said in my previous post)..

:D Yup.. Yung puros ipin ang nakikita mo kapag ngumiti ang character.. Sucks big time!!!

Never liked Liefield.. But Jeph Loeb does provide me some curiosity to buy the comic if he is the one writing it..  :thumbsupsmiley: --- I am more after a good storyline rather than the art..

Like paupawie said, Batman/Superman #26 was good.. Gives you shivers (as I have said in my previous post)..

hindi lang yun. lahat ng supporting cast na ginagawa niya either kamukha si domino, blob or cable. walang proportion yun mga drawing niya. the only thing good i see in his work is... wait... wala ako maisip.

ah as you mentioned before lahat ng drawings niya mukhang kalansay ang mga characters kasi their lips seem to be always pulled back from the teeth...

siguro may pang blackmail siya sa mga editors ng comicbook industry kaya binibigyan bigyan pa din siya ng work...

hindi lang yun. lahat ng supporting cast na ginagawa niya either kamukha si domino, blob or cable. walang proportion yun mga drawing niya. the only thing good i see in his work is... wait... wala ako maisip.

ah as you mentioned before lahat ng drawings niya mukhang kalansay ang mga characters kasi their lips seem to be always pulled back from the teeth...

siguro may pang blackmail siya sa mga editors ng comicbook industry kaya binibigyan bigyan pa din siya ng work...

How the hell did Liefeld get work at Marvel? After the stupendously stupid Heroes Reborn and X-force relaunch (not to mention the entire Captain America-Fighting American-Agent America brouhaha), they should have blacklisted him forever.

It's interesting to note that the only good thing Rob Liefeld did for his comics was in hiring Alan Moore to totally revamp Supreme (Superman rip-off) and the Youngblood universe. Sad to say, he ran out of money just a few issues after Alan Moore relaunched Yongblood and right before Supreme was coming to its conclusion. Oh, I forgot, most of the artwork on Supreme isn't done by Leifeld. I think its Chris Sprouse...anyway (correct me if i'm wrong), when Liefeld did contribute a few pages here and few covers there, you could clearly see that Liefeld's work was extremely amateurish compared to Sprouse. It was like looking at a teenager's rushed 5-minute work! hahaha!

How the hell did Liefeld get work at Marvel? After the stupendously stupid Heroes Reborn and X-force relaunch (not to mention the entire Captain America-Fighting American-Agent America brouhaha), they should have blacklisted him forever.

It's interesting to note that the only good thing Rob Liefeld did for his comics was in hiring Alan Moore to totally revamp Supreme (Superman rip-off) and the Youngblood universe. Sad to say, he ran out of money just a few issues after Alan Moore relaunched Yongblood and right before Supreme was coming to its conclusion. Oh, I forgot, most of the artwork on Supreme isn't done by Leifeld. I think its Chris Sprouse...anyway (correct me if i'm wrong), when Liefeld did contribute a few pages here and few covers there, you could clearly see that Liefeld's work was extremely amateurish compared to Sprouse. It was like looking at a teenager's rushed 5-minute work! hahaha!

If I'm not mistaken, Liefeld was one of the "trinity" back then (the others being jim lee and todd mcfarlane) that left Marvel to start their own company (Image). Considering that he's being mentioned in the same line as lee and mcfarlane means that back then their art was considered awesome... (hell, I thought it was amazing back then) unfortunately I guess, mcfarlane's and lee's art evolved... liefeld's didn't...

Noi. it means the other 2's artwork were great. Good enough, in fact that liefield got a free ride with their popularity. Of course, thing doesn't last.

As for Jim Lee... he's only good if he had ample time to rest up. His Hush artwork is good. His Superman run wasn't. halatang rushed... and the shocking thing for me was that scott williams was his inker in superman, and they're supposed to be the dynamic duo.

Anybody remember Jim Lee's Punisher War Journal run? I think that was his best work...

Noi. it means the other 2's artwork were great. Good enough, in fact that liefield got a free ride with their popularity. Of course, thing doesn't last.

As for Jim Lee... he's only good if he had ample time to rest up. His Hush artwork is good. His Superman run wasn't. halatang rushed... and the shocking thing for me was that scott williams was his inker in superman, and they're supposed to be the dynamic duo.

Anybody remember Jim Lee's Punisher War Journal run? I think that was his best work...

may TPB ba yung punisher?...yup, after ng hush, nakakagulat na meron uli jim lee..it's quite fast..maybe he's was drawing batman and superman at the same time.....

All I can say is OMFG..

Spiderman unmasking himself for the whole world to see.. This is a major event for the Spiderster.. I wonder what storylines would Marvel come up with in Amazing, etc. after the Civil War.. This is a great turning point..

I am assuming that his Aunt May and Mary Jane's safety might be in jeopardy.. Dito siguro mag-re-revolve ang mga storylines ni Spidey.. Just a hunch..

If I'm not mistaken, Liefeld was one of the "trinity" back then (the others being jim lee and todd mcfarlane) that left Marvel to start their own company (Image). Considering that he's being mentioned in the same line as lee and mcfarlane means that back then their art was considered awesome... (hell, I thought it was amazing back then) unfortunately I guess, mcfarlane's and lee's art evolved... liefeld's didn't...

Actually, Jim Lee's style hasn't evolved one bit. Mas madumi nga siya mag inks ngayon, for some reason. It's really sad to see that some artists who used to emulate Jim Lee have actually surpassed him by leaps and bounds (compare Travis Charest's work on the early Wildcats to his jaw-dropping art on Wildcats/X-men).

Todd Mcfarlane stopped drawing a long time ago. Probably spent too much time on his court case vs Neil Gaiman (which he lost, btw)! Didn't one of his companies declare bankruptcy awhile back?

And Rob Liefeld....well, let's just say that not only does his art suck (was never a fan), but his professional reputation is very shady. The largest distributor of comics worldwide (Diamond) refuses to carry any of his titles! A few years ago, he tried to relaunch youngblood with Mark Millar (of Ultimates fame)as the writer. Diamond refused to even deal with him, so the only way to get it was to order online or at conventions. The relaunch lasted only ONE ISSUE---but in that issue he had about 6 variant covers.

Of all the Image pioneers, Jim Lee was the wisest to sell his Wildstorm line to DC. Erik Larsen probably has the biggest b*lls because he still continues to publish, plot, and draw Savage Dragon. He also totally revamped the history so that none of the campy early 90's stuff ever happened.

I love this Liefeld bashing threads... hehehe. I dunno what kind of delusions this guy have anyways. All characters he made in Image were pure crap. Believe it or not, he's the only artist I know whose artwork actually devolved. If you happen to see his artwork in Hawk & Dove and his present artwork... you'd swear it wasn't the same artist...

case in point:

post-5446-1150391840.jpg

and this is now:

post-5446-1150391853.jpg

as for spidey and civil war. wow. i never expected that. i thought he'd have sided with captain america since he's got a lot to lose if his secret identity is revealed...

• 2 weeks later...

Well ok naman ang impression ko sa first appearance ni cable.

pero overall --- di ko gusto ang artwork ni Liefield.. Hindi proportional yung mga drawing niya

(though medyo maganda ang drawing niya kay spiderman at juggernaut during the x-force / spiderman cross-over).

Pangit din yung original artwork niya sa image.

Kasi pangit ng propaganda nila batman and superman dati..

post-72603-1151327389.jpg

Wildstorm Comics is set for a major relaunch this coming August. Wildcats will return, pencilled by Jim Lee himself, with a story by Grant Morisson! Other titles to be relaunched for Wildstorm are The Authority, Gen13, and Deathblow. Personally, I'm more excited with the upcoming Wetworks, as my current fave writer, Mike Carey (of Lucifer and Hellblazer fame) teams up with Whilce Portacio on this title.

I'm a little apprehensive of the Wildcats relaunch though, because they want to take the title back to its superhero roots. I've been following the Wildcats over the years, and i'm pretty much impressed to where the are now (no more spandex, no more superheroes--everything is covert or undercover. Lord Emp is gone, the Daemonites are non-existent. They've also got a new direction: changing the world by improving technology--it's kinda hard to explain, but just think how the world would change if the Halo corporation sold batteries that lasted forever, or a car that never needed to refuel.)

Anyway, Grant Morisson rarely fails to impress. Hopefully he can pull this off like he did with the X-men.

Jim Lee on Wildcats

Wildstorm Relaunch

if they're gonna relaunch Wildstorm, can I ask what happened to Stormwatch?

if they're gonna relaunch Wildstorm, can I ask what happened to Stormwatch?

Warren Ellis (one of the best comic sci-fi writers IMHO) killed off most of the veteran Stormwatch members. The remaining Stormwatch agents reformed under Jenny Sparks and formed The Authority. The first Authority run is well worth the money (there are 4 books that collect this run).

Some people say that Marvel's The Ultimates is clearly inspired by The Authority. I'm not surprised many people think that since both the writer (Millar) and artist (Hitch) of The Ultimates both gained recognition on their respective runs with The Authority.

Warren Ellis (one of the best comic sci-fi writers IMHO) killed off most of the veteran Stormwatch members. The remaining Stormwatch agents reformed under Jenny Sparks and formed The Authority. The first Authority run is well worth the money (there are 4 books that collect this run).

Some people say that Marvel's The Ultimates is clearly inspired by The Authority. I'm not surprised many people think that since both the writer (Millar) and artist (Hitch) of The Ultimates both gained recognition on their respective runs with The Authority.

by any chance do you know if and where I can still buy some of the issues where most of the Stormwatch guys got killed? I was following that story sort of but the last issue I bought was the one that they made of the future. I mean they made a comic book that's dated for the next year but released it that year... :blink:

I apologize if I'm not that clear about what I'm saying... :D

actually there were seven founders of image(todd mcfarlane, rob liefeld, jim lee, marc silvestri, erik larsen, jim valentino, and whilce portacio) B) . it's just that mcfarlane, liefeld and lee were the most popular of the lot :thumbsupsmiley: . OT: i also have portacio's uncanny x-men #282(1st bishop appearance) if anyone's interested :hypocritesmiley: .