Dc And Marvel Universe

by any chance do you know if and where I can still buy some of the issues where most of the Stormwatch guys got killed? I was following that story sort of but the last issue I bought was the one that they made of the future. I mean they made a comic book that's dated for the next year but released it that year... :blink:

I apologize if I'm not that clear about what I'm saying... :D

Its collected in the last Stormwatch TPB, Final Orbit. I wouldn't buy it alone though. Better to buy it along with the previous Stormwatch books (The books in chronological order: Force of Nature, Lightning Stirkes, Change or Die, A Finer World, Final Orbit). The last few issues of Stormwatch were rushed and it was obvious either the edtors or Warren Ellis wanted to end Stormwatch as quickly as possible so they could launch The Authority.

BTW, I saw a few Stormwatch books sa Fully Booked Powerplant. Its probably still there, or you can ask the desk just in case they put it in storage.

Edited by thirteen
Its collected in the last Stormwatch TPB, Final Orbit. I wouldn't buy it alone though. Better to buy it along with the previous Stormwatch books (The books in chronological order: Force of Nature, Lightning Stirkes, Change or Die, A Finer World, Final Orbit). The last few issues of Stormwatch were rushed and it was obvious either the edtors or Warren Ellis wanted to end Stormwatch as quickly as possible so they could launch The Authority.

BTW, I saw a few Stormwatch books sa Fully Booked Powerplant. Its probably still there, or you can ask the desk just in case they put it in storage.

thanks for the tips bro! :cool:

I'll try to go there as soon as I can... :D

Edited by cheeselogger

Hindi ba na-realize ni Peter that he screwed himself up?

I bet may gagawin yung boss niya (Jonah Jameson) about this... Galit siya kay Spiderman eh..

Para ganitong comic cover na to..

post-72603-1152385382.jpg

Ang nakakatawa dito yung kakampi ng aso nagbato ng granada sa kalaban na aatakehin din ng aso... "Nice one soldier!"

Edited by eibmor

Was able to buy DC's Brave New World.. a one shot (just 1 dollar - 60 pesos lang sa atin) which features several story arcs from the new Shazam lim. series, Martian Manhunter lim. series, OMAC lim. series, Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters lim. series, the new Atom series..

Its just like a sneak peek on the latest titles DC is offering.. Of all the series there are two there that I seem to be curious with.. Martian Manhunter and the new Atom.. There is a new Martian Manhunter and it looks like its not J'onn J'onzz.. The New Atom.. Well, its not Ray Palmer..

---

With Marvel, you may wanna pick up the new issues of the Fantastic Four.. (they are tied-in to the Civil War series, but that is not what is important).. coz it looks like a Thunder God is coming back to the Marvel Universe.. I just hope its not Beta Ray Bill.. the hammer of Thor came tumbling down to Earth.. and somebody was able to pick it up and fly because of it.. and his luggage had the inscriptions DB.. "Don Blake?" Hmm...

I bet may gagawin yung boss niya (Jonah Jameson) about this...  Galit siya kay Spiderman eh..

Ang nakakatawa dito yung kakampi ng aso nagbato ng granada sa kalaban na aatakehin din ng aso... "Nice one soldier!"

Actuallt after coming back to New York from Washington, a lawyer from the Daily Bugle approached Peter and was suing him for 'misrepresenting' the paper. JJJ felt he was betrayed by the 'one-person-he-trusted'. Spidey naman, sorta warned Tony that if something ever happens to him, Tony must take care of Aunt May and Mary Jane and to make sure that the opposite never happens (with Spidey surviving and MJ or Aunt May being killed).

I think Tony should have his butt kicked by Cap. He's turning into a manipulative SOB...

I bet may gagawin yung boss niya (Jonah Jameson) about this...  Galit siya kay Spiderman eh..

Didn't Parker quit the Daily Bugle some time back? Last issue I read (New Avengers), he was already a high school science teacher.

In my opinion, I think its possible na magiging Anti-registration siya..

Kasi pagtinignan mo siya sa poster (isa sa mga poster) ng civil war, nandun siya sa gitna. Right side (pro) "Iron" Spiderman Costume and then yung Left side (anti) yung Normal Costume niya..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7f/Marvel_Civil_War_2_Cover_-_McNiven.jpg/800px-Marvel_Civil_War_2_Cover_-_McNiven.jpg

hmmm...

http://www.geocities.com/shining_devil_cry/Crotchattack.jpg

Impress ako sa mga superheroes na to.. yung isa gamit ang kanyang crotch sa pag atake tapos yung isa naman aatakehin niya yung crotch ng kalaban..

Didn't Parker quit the Daily Bugle some time back? Last issue I read (New Avengers), he was already a high school science teacher.

Also saw that.. but Peter Parker was never an employee of the Daily Bugle.. he was more of a freelance photographer.. but he regularly gives his photos to J.Jonah Jameson.. So, he did not quit.. He just stopped being a photographer for the Bugle.. Correct me if I am wrong, guys.. :)

• 2 weeks later...
With Marvel, you may wanna pick up the new issues of the Fantastic Four.. (they are tied-in to the Civil War series, but that is not what is important).. coz it looks like a Thunder God is coming back to the Marvel Universe.. I just hope its not Beta Ray Bill.. the hammer of Thor came tumbling down to Earth.. and somebody was able to pick it up and fly because of it.. and his luggage had the inscriptions DB.. "Don Blake?" Hmm...

This is in connection with my above post.. After I browsed the pages of Civil War #3.. To my amazement.. there in the last page.. THOR is back!!! :cool: Kanino kaya siya? Side ni Cap or ni Tony Stark? <_<

• 2 weeks later...
parang this civil war storyline parang di original....parang recycled na yung plot di ko lang ma pinpoint kung saan... :rolleyes:

If you're thinking about the Mutant Registration act (circa 90's), then you're only half right. Pero doon hindi nila natuloy yun registration act and it affected only the mutant communities. Right now with civil war all Marvel heroes are either on one side of the conflict or the other... or migrated to Canada.

Have anyone read the Black Panther wedding issue? Where did Prof. X come from? Kala ko he was missing since House of M? And how come he can walk again?

This is in connection with my above post.. After I browsed the pages of Civil War #3.. To my amazement.. there in the last page.. THOR is back!!! :cool: Kanino kaya siya? Side ni Cap or ni Tony Stark? <_<

Although DC has brought back certain characters which have died like Hal Jordan/Parallax, Jason Todd/Hush, etc., the fact that Barry Allen/Flash is still dead does make DC more credible than Marvel. Along with the original Supergirl's death, these events help retain the emotional impact of the Crisis on Infinite Earths miniseries. When Marvel brought back Jean Grey after the Phoenix Saga, it did diminish the relevance of that major storyline as it renders it's climax mute and academic.

To be honest, I didn't even realize that Thor died. Anyway, i think nobody believes that Thor will be dead anyway for long.

Warren Ellis (one of the best comic sci-fi writers IMHO) killed off most of the veteran Stormwatch members. The remaining Stormwatch agents reformed under Jenny Sparks and formed The Authority. The first Authority run is well worth the money (there are 4 books that collect this run).

Some people say that Marvel's The Ultimates is clearly inspired by The Authority. I'm not surprised many people think that since both the writer (Millar) and artist (Hitch) of The Ultimates both gained recognition on their respective runs with The Authority.

The Stormwatch/Authority run by Warren Ellis is one of the best superhero team storylines I have ever read. Initially, i was only interested in it when Grant Morisson mentioned that Ellis was doing the superhero team concept better than he was when he was still writing JLA. Since Morisson's JLA is still one of my favorites, I managed to track down all of the Ellis Stormwatch and Authority issues. After reading it, it is clearly influenced by Watchmen and Miracleman but takes those influences in a creative way with good execution.

Although DC has brought back certain characters which have died like Hal Jordan/Parallax, Jason Todd/Hush, etc., the fact that Barry Allen/Flash is still dead does make DC more credible than Marvel. Along with the original Supergirl's death, these events help retain the emotional impact of the Crisis on Infinite Earths miniseries. When Marvel brought back Jean Grey after the Phoenix Saga, it did diminish the relevance of that major storyline as it renders it's climax mute and academic.

To be honest, I didn't even realize that Thor died. Anyway, i think nobody believes that Thor will be dead anyway for long.

I don't know about that... Green Arrow's resurrection was the lamest one I've read so far. And to think that he was a decomposing corpse already. As for Barry Allen: I don't think he 'died' in the traditional sense. He still pops up every so often. At least Uncle Ben is still dead and so is Captain Marvel. At least in the Marvel universe they make up a story that the character really didn't die. At least that's the trend these days...

I think DC's got it easy when it comes to reviving their 'dead' characters. They just do another 'Crisis' storyline to shake up the timestream/reality and make the dead character alive again in the rebooted universe.

I think they were really thinking of reviving Jean Grey from the very beginning (or at least from the time she first 'died'), that's why they adopted the code name Phoenix for her. What's a Phoenix if it doesn't rise up every now and then anyways?

Edited by artvader
I don't know about that... Green Arrow's resurrection was the lamest one I've read so far. And to think that he was a decomposing corpse already. As for Barry Allen: I don't think he 'died' in the traditional sense. He still pops up every so often. At least Uncle Ben is still dead and so is Captain Marvel. At least in the Marvel universe they make up a story that the character really didn't die. At least that's the trend these days...

I think DC's got it easy when it comes to reviving their 'dead' characters. They just do another 'Crisis' storyline to shake up the timestream/reality and make the dead character alive again in the rebooted universe.

I think they were really thinking of reviving Jean Grey from the very beginning (or at least from the time she first 'died'), that's why they adopted the code name Phoenix for her. What's a Phoenix if it doesn't rise up every now and then anyways?

Uncle Ben ? Why don't you include Gwen Stacy. Supporting characters die especially if they are important elements of what makes the character become a hero just like Superman's parents dying in the explosion of Krypton and Batman's parents being killed by a mugger.

Marvel's Captain Marvel is a relatively minor superhero so he remains dead. About Marvel making up a story that the character really didn't die, i don't see that difference between that and the way that Green Arrow and Jason Todd were resurrected from the dead. Both of those approaches are lame.