Dc And Marvel Universe

back in highschool i colected comics... usually DC and image comics... i even got Wizard (the comics magazine...)

dati kasi each comic was like 60 pesos each... eh ngayon kasi tumaas na dollar eh...

i used to hunt treasures in booksale, nung mas marami pang non-mainstream comics na available sa kanila. this was early high school.

i got me a couple of issue of comics published by trident, a now-defunct press in london. the first "suggested for mature readers" comicbooks i ever read. they had this anthology with relatively unknown works of neil gaiman and grant morrisson, among other stuff. very fascinating.

too bad i lost most of my copies; i suspect my mum burned them. :blink:

i was more of a image fan when i collected comic books... thats not to say that i didnt appreciate marvel and dc pantheons... i stuck w image because of jim lee and his wildcats! i even collected the image collectible card game! hehehe :)

jim lee.

i remember the first x-men trading card series drawn by jim lee. we used to collect those in grade school. not the originals; yung el cheapo trading cards na binibenta sa mga schools. we'd even play games, like who has the mutant with the highest stat.

i think jim lee was the first comicbook artist who really made a big impact on my drawing style. todd mcfarlane din, when the spiderman trading cards came out.

:thumbsupsmiley:

those trading cards were awesome the first time they came out! ubos lagi baon ko coz id buy them and sometimes ginagabi pa ako kasi naghahanap ako nung mga yun! hehehe.... :)

some of those cards were pretty precious for any fan boy: get a copy of a roma card and you could easily beat all your opponents sa game (all 7 sa stats, variable pa height and weight). another favorite was dark phoenix.

ang galeng ng illustrations ni jim lee: yung skin-tight costumes na very shiny ang colors. hindi pa popular ang anime-inspired art at that time. even the women heroes were muscled and athletic-looking.

hay. nostalgic.

what about Alex Ross? I think he's also one of the best comic book artists around  :cool:

he's really good too. but i still pick jim lee over anybody else without even batting an eyelash.

btw, for me the best opponent any hero team can fight is magneto!!! too bad they made him a villain... he would rock if he was an antihero at least..... his power is just absolutely amazing.... :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hello!

bigyan nyo naman ako ng idea kasi my BF is a fan of mighty Thor.

how much ang running price ng marvel vs dc ngayon?

which is better the dc vs. marvel or ung cross over ( may thor ba doon)?

explain naman nyo ung amalgam?

kung bibilin mo ngayon sa mall ung marvel legend series 3 ni thor

magkano siya aabot at saan makakabili?

lastly, may toy collectors ba dito? any tips on inspecting a

mint condition toy?

• 1 month later...

I just finished watching the last few episodes of JLU's season 4 ---- and many are one in saying the writers certainly earned their pay. Every episode (or plots, for that matter ) greatly ties in with the continuum of the DC universe. The last 2 episodes were specially commendable giving more twists and turns in plot than any I have ever seen.

No spoiler --but for Flash fans out there, better keep an eye out when these episodes are shown on local TV. You won't be disappointed! :D

Nagbago na ba yon DArk drawing ng Marvel Comics???

Dati kasi after jim Lee, after Onslaught yon mga Drawing ng Marvel Biglang pumangit and dumilim.

Ngayon ba ganun pa rin??

Yon ba dark custom ba na Xmen nagbago na ba??? ano bago twist sa story ngayon???

Edited by civilcode
Nagbago na ba yon DArk drawing ng Marvel Comics???

Dati kasi after jim Lee, after Onslaught yon mga Drawing ng Marvel Biglang pumangit and  dumilim.

Ngayon ba ganun pa rin??

Yon ba dark custom ba na Xmen nagbago na ba??? ano bago twist sa story ngayon???

I don't think its fair to say that all of Marvel's comic art went "dark" after Onslaught (1997), since it all depends on the individual titles. All of the Heroes Reborn line of comics were done by the same people who left Marvel to start Image (Jim Lee, Portacio, Liefeld, etc.).

Truth is, Marvel cares more about the art of its comics than DC. If you've collected any of the DC flagship titles (Batman & Superman), you'll notice that they frequently change artists per issue. Also most notable is that some of these artists can't draw. There are a few exceptions (the Hush storyline for Batman), but more often than not, DC puts priority on the art deadline rather than the artist. Marvel, on the other hand, likes to have an artist do a long run of issues before switching.

Right now, Josh Whedon is writing the main x-men title (Astonishing X-men), and according to my friend "It rocks!". I'm kinda pissed that X-men are all back into costumes since I really loved the idea of making them wear more sensible stuff (leather jackets & pants and a form-fitting shirt). Made them more "believable" i guess. Now, they're back into yellow and blow spandex. I'll wait until Whedon's run is collected into a big TPB to read it since i don't have the money to collect it in single issue form.

If you want to read a good X-men story (with great art), pick-up X-men: Phoenix Endosong, but only after you've read all of Grant Morrisson's New X-men comics.

The last big change in comic art has come from the colorists. Now that a new generation of colorists have grown up with computers, you'll be impressed by the amount of stuff they do with the backgrounds and FX!

Amalgam Comics was the result of a collaboration between Marvel Comics and DC Comics. In 1997, the two companies brought their universes together and created a comic book miniseries alternately referred to as "Marvel vs. DC" and "DC vs. Marvel." This was not the first time for such an event, however — Superman and Spider-Man had teamed up in the 1970s.

The two comic universes came together when the incarnations of their respective universes (referred to as "the Brothers") became aware of each other after aeons of slumber. To prevent the Brothers from destroying each other, characters from each universe battled to determine which universe would survive; several of the matches were determined by online voting. Access, the main character, is a gate keeper who became stuck between traveling through both Universes.

When the fights concluded (including controversial victories by Wolverine and Storm over Lobo and Wonder Woman, respectively), neither universe was willing to go. To prevent total destruction, the Spectre and the Living Tribunal created a merged universe.

For two months, Marvel and DC published "Amalgam Comics," a universe where their characters were merged (eg: Captain America + Superman = Super-Soldier; Wolverine + Batman = Dark Claw; Doctor Doom + Doomsday = Doctor Doomsday; Lobo + Howard the Duck = Lobo the Duck, Justice League + X-Men = JLX) and only Axel Asher and Dr. Strangefate (Doctor Strange + Doctor Fate + Professor X) knew the truth, and struggling against each other to reverse or preserve the change.

During the publication of Amalgam Comics, the companies treated it as if it had always existed, giving it a fictional history stretching back to the Golden Age of Comics, as well as retcons and reboots, such as the Secret Crisis of the Infinity Hour (Secret Wars + Crisis on Infinite Earths + Infinity Gauntlet + Zero Hour), including an Amalgam version of the cover of CoIE #7, with Super-Soldier holding his sidekick's body.

Eventually, Axel Asher, now called Access, managed to separate the Brothers with the help of Amalgam's heroes, and all went back to normal.

Amalgam Comics was the result of a collaboration between Marvel Comics and DC Comics. In 1997, the two companies brought their universes together and created a comic book miniseries alternately referred to as "Marvel vs. DC" and "DC vs. Marvel." This was not the first time for such an event, however — Superman and Spider-Man had teamed up in the 1970s.

The two comic universes came together when the incarnations of their respective universes (referred to as "the Brothers") became aware of each other after aeons of slumber. To prevent the Brothers from destroying each other, characters from each universe battled to determine which universe would survive; several of the matches were determined by online voting. Access, the main character, is a gate keeper who became stuck between traveling through both Universes.

When the fights concluded (including controversial victories by Wolverine and Storm over Lobo and Wonder Woman, respectively), neither universe was willing to go. To prevent total destruction, the Spectre and the Living Tribunal created a merged universe.

For two months, Marvel and DC published "Amalgam Comics," a universe where their characters were merged (eg: Captain America + Superman = Super-Soldier; Wolverine + Batman = Dark Claw; Doctor Doom + Doomsday = Doctor Doomsday; Lobo + Howard the Duck = Lobo the Duck, Justice League + X-Men = JLX) and only Axel Asher and Dr. Strangefate (Doctor Strange + Doctor Fate + Professor X) knew the truth, and struggling against each other to reverse or preserve the change.

During the publication of Amalgam Comics, the companies treated it as if it had always existed, giving it a fictional history stretching back to the Golden Age of Comics, as well as retcons and reboots, such as the Secret Crisis of the Infinity Hour (Secret Wars + Crisis on Infinite Earths + Infinity Gauntlet + Zero Hour), including an Amalgam version of the cover of CoIE #7, with Super-Soldier holding his sidekick's body.

Eventually, Axel Asher, now called Access, managed to separate the Brothers with the help of Amalgam's heroes, and all went back to normal.

Hey, I have this exact comic book (complete edition, in book form) sitting somewhere in my bookcase... am planning to sell it na nga e since am trying to get rid of some of my old stuff. How much do you think it would fetch me? :)