Dc And Marvel Universe

Hmmmm IMO...how about resurrecting Barry Allen as well? hehehe....i hate Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner & Jon Stewart..i hate the current Green Arrow....I dont like Aquamans beard and ala Neptune persona and his cybernetic hook/arm,

good thing they didnt alter The Dark Knight.....thank God Azrael disappeared... hehehe

re: Hal Jordan as Green Lantern again, why do I get the feeling that DC is getting the Silver Age nostalgia: resurrection of Oliver Queen, Aquaman back in his old orange costume, now Hal Jordan's return. All I can say here is "why?"  :blink:

Edited by orionpax

how come there isnt a definitive thread on collecting comicbooks or action figures here in Manila? (or maybe i havent seen it) in case theres none, please start one!btw, go to DRUIDS KEEP its near magallanes village in the building where starbucks magallanes village is...very very good stuff. i got a deus ex machina tpb really good stuff

Hmmmm IMO...how about resurrecting Barry Allen as well? hehehe....i hate Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner & Jon Stewart..i hate the current Green Arrow....I dont like Aquamans beard and ala Neptune persona and his cybernetic hook/arm,

good thing they didnt alter The Dark Knight.....thank God Azrael disappeared... hehehe

abAh fAfA oRiON ikAW pALa mAyOR ditO :lol:

whAtS NeW nA bA sA dC? any neWS kay WW & LSH

i StOPPeD cOLLeCtiNG cOmiCS deC 2003, nUnG nOV 2003, 12 cOmiCS peR mOntH pA akO :lol: mASyAdOnG mAhAL :cry:

i StOPPeD cOLLeCtiNG cOmiCS deC 2003, nUnG nOV 2003, 12 cOmiCS peR mOntH pA akO :lol: mASyAdOnG mAhAL :cry:

nyahaha fafah Jerzzz nakikiusyoso lang ako dito :lol: havent picked up WW (that could be Wally West or the Who's Who character encyclopedia) neither The Legion Of Superheroes...hehehe, the last time ive read about them is during the Pre- Crisis era..(1985-1986) :lol: ...nabura ata sila sa DC continuity ng naging isa na lang ang Earth...di ko na matandaan :P

Hmmmm IMO...how about resurrecting Barry Allen as well? hehehe....i hate Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner & Jon Stewart..i hate the current Green Arrow....I dont like Aquamans beard and ala Neptune persona and his cybernetic hook/arm

I don't think Barry Allen would be resurrected by the guys at DC. in a way, tanggap na ng mga fans ngayon si Wally West na Flash, not to mention Barry died a heroic death.

I think the underlying reason why they had to resurrect Hal as GL is because of the treatment he received that led to his demise. I guess fans never got to accept that Hal became a "villain" in his later years. Even if he did redeem himself in the end, I guess the impact was so great for many who got used to Hal to swallow. Now with this move, can Hal find redemption as last? Let's wait and see...

current Green Arrow? di ba si Oliver Queen ang current GA? you might be referring to GA Connor Hawke.

yup, i was referring to Connor Hawke, but based in the JL cartoons...its Oliver Queen... Connor Hawke is the 3rd greatest martial artist in the DC universe behind Lady Shiva & The Batman

maybe Hal's ressurection is his chance for redemption, following what he has done in his Parallax & Spectre personas

I don't think Barry Allen would be resurrected by the guys at DC. in a way, tanggap na ng mga fans ngayon si Wally West na Flash, not to mention Barry died a heroic death.

I think the underlying reason why they had to resurrect Hal as GL is because of the treatment he received that led to his demise. I guess fans never got to accept that Hal became a "villain" in his later years. Even if he did redeem himself in the end, I guess the impact was so great for many who got used to Hal to swallow. Now with this move, can Hal find redemption as last? Let's wait and see...

current Green Arrow? di ba si Oliver Queen ang current GA? you might be referring to GA Connor Hawke.

nyahaha fafah Jerzzz nakikiusyoso lang ako dito :lol: havent picked up WW (that could be Wally West or the Who's Who character encyclopedia) neither The Legion Of Superheroes...hehehe, the last time ive read about them is during the Pre- Crisis era..(1985-1986) :lol: ...nabura ata sila sa DC continuity ng naging isa na lang ang Earth...di ko na matandaan :P

GaNuN bA :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
yup, i was referring to Connor Hawke, but based in the JL cartoons...its Oliver Queen... Connor Hawke is the 3rd greatest martial artist in the DC universe behind Lady Shiva & The Batman

Cassandra Cain, the new Batgirl, was the first human to beat Lady Shiva in hand to hand combat. Batman beat Lady Shiva in the Superman/Batman ongoing series by Jeph Loeb, hence Lady Shiva is the third greatest martial artist in the world?

hmmm so the new Batgirl defeated the blood sucking Lady Shiva? ..that definitely changes the order there :)

Yup she did. The new Batgirl was trained since birth to be an assasin by her father, David Cain. Cain was also one of Batman's original trainers. Cassandra Cain is so immersed in the art of combat she can't speak. The centers of the brain that process language, in Batgirl's mind, process attack moves and strategies. She literally reads body language.

I found her character so cool I bought the trade paperbacks. She has since learned to speak, but she's still lethal as ever.

• 3 weeks later...

JL Unlimited just finished its Season 3 with 3 good episodes.

Just finished watching the last episodes and there were quite a few revealing sequences there as some members of the league went back in time and then on to the future as they went after a time travelling fiend.

Warning.. spolier here:

In the future, the present day JL Batman meets an 80 year Bruce Wayne and Batman Beyond Terry.

It's just too bad that the Flash was not around -- even in a single episode of Season 3-- as the guy who provides the voice for the Flash ( I forgot his name --but he's the guy who plays Lex Luthor in Smallville ) was tied up in some other studio work.

hmm i like to see how Bats react when a punk like Terry inherited the cape & cowl from an aged Bruce :lol:

JL Unlimited just finished its Season 3 with 3 good episodes.

Just finished watching the last episodes and there were quite a few revealing sequences there as some members of the league went back in time and then on to the future as they went after a time travelling  fiend.

Warning.. spolier here: 

In the future, the present day JL Batman meets an 80 year Bruce Wayne and Batman Beyond Terry.

It's just too bad that the Flash was not around -- even in a single episode of Season 3-- as the guy who provides the voice for the Flash ( I forgot his name --but he's the guy who plays Lex Luthor in Smallville ) was tied up in some other studio work.

• 1 month later...

Why is this thread so slow? Ang konti ba ng comic collectors dito sa MTC?

I'm buying the mini-series based on Hal Jordan's return, Green Lantern: Rebirth. It's very good. Writer Geoff Johns found a way to resurrect Hal as a (the?) Green Lantern while undoing the whole Parallax/villain mess. He even made Kyle Rayner look good. Problem is there's gonna be an ongoing Green Lantern series with Hal Jordan, another potential expense!