Dc And Marvel Universe

crisis of infinite earths is a great read. as for the multiple earths, i didn't enjoy it as much kasi golden /silver age ang plot and details, but i did get the 1st and 2nd volume as well, i love the alex ross painted covers. was just able to get volume 3 last week at 50% off! just finished reading the first story.

ako i've read:

the ring, the bat and the arrow,

the brave and the blod (GL and Flash)

the Return of Barry Allen

Batman Gothic

Robin Unmasked

JLA and JSA Virtue and Vice

JSA all stars

JSA Justice Be done

JLA Golden Perfect

and im reading Crisis on Multiple Earths right now

maganda ba the ring, the bat and the arrow? worth buying?

and the brave and the bold?

i love Virtue and Vice. ganda ng art, great story as well.

is JSA all stars good? yun na lang di ko pa nakukuha na JSA tpb.

i stopped reading jla after obsidian age. lost interest.

uh, what exactly about the death of superman do you want to know? it happened around 10 years ago.

doomsday, an indestructible creature landed on earth and started rampaging towards metropolis. took out and injured a lot of heroes including the justice league, until he met his match with superman. it was a pretty drawn-out battle on the streets of metropolis which ended in the apparent death of both superman and doomsday.

after that came the crossovers entitled Funeral for a Friend and Reign of the Supermen, but that's another story. :)

Hope i answered your question.

uh, what exactly about the death of superman do you want to know? it happened around 10 years ago.

doomsday, an indestructible creature landed on earth and started rampaging towards metropolis. took out and injured a lot of heroes including the justice league, until he met his match with superman. it was a pretty drawn-out battle on the streets of metropolis which ended in the apparent death of both superman and doomsday.

after that came the crossovers entitled Funeral for a Friend and Reign of the Supermen, but that's another story. :)

Hope i answered your question.

in Addition:

actually Superman did not died in this storyline, but we can say that he drain his power in the figth against doomsday.

• 2 weeks later...
forgive my ignorance, but i can't recall why hal jordan lost the right to be green lantern. hope you can fill me in.  :)

Hal Jordan absorbed the energy of the Central Battery in the hopes of rescuing Coast City. In the process, he killed most of the Green Lanterns and Guardians. The last power ring was given to Kyle Rayner as a result.

He then became Parallax, and attempted to recreate the Universe. He was killed when he went against a sun-devouring creature.

After Jim Corrigan no longer hosted the Spectre, Hal was chosen as the new Spectre (God's Wrath Incarnate).

you guys read Identity Crisis? Kinda weird but I can say that the twist is pretty interesting.

"Who benefits?"

You never know the answer until you take a look at the story while it develops, the answer is right under your nose.

Haha! Interesting idea but personally, I think that there was a lot of information thrown in just to thow the readers off and it talked too much about what they did to Dr. Light.

If you guys want to read something that's a nice murder mystery and will keep you guessing til the end, read Batman: The Long Halloween and Batman: Hush.

:lol:

the New Avengers sucks. The current roster includes Ironman, Cap, Luke Cage, The Sentry, Spiderman, Spiderwoman, Daredevil and Wolverine. Wolverine? Daredevil? Spiderman? These characters are interesting because they dont need nobody to back them up, and are cooler as associates than members. wolverine got tired of being a mutant team franchise now he'll be an avenger? Looks like every 6-7 years, the House of Ideas need to be cleaned. Bendis is so lame.

Edited by smaug
the New Avengers sucks. The current roster includes Ironman, Cap, Luke Cage, The Sentry, Spiderman, Spiderwoman, Daredevil and Wolverine. Wolverine? Daredevil? Spiderman? These characters are interesting because they dont need nobody to back  them up, and are cooler as associates than members. wolverine got tired of being a mutant team franchise now he'll be an avenger? Looks like every 6-7 years, the House of Ideas need to be cleaned. Bendis is so lame.

Luke Cage. Isn't he that afro sportin' chest thumpin' Power Man?

Thank the Gods of Asgard there's a thread like this in MTC. :cool:

I'd rather have the old Avengers back myself: Vision, Scarlet Witch et al.

Can anybody tell me what happened to the more obscure Marvel heroes like Iron Fist and Moon Knight? :blink:

what's the deal with the Avengers disassemble? what's with scarlet witch and she hulk and the heroes they killed? i only got Avengers Finale, their mansion seemed nuke, with a quinjet crashed...

as far as I know Scarlet Witch was subconsciously behind the deaths/misfortunes that befell among some members of team. I turned she became insane after the loss of her children. At the end of the story, she was taken away by Magneto...

re: Hal Jordan as Green Lantern again, why do I get the feeling that DC is getting the Silver Age nostalgia: resurrection of Oliver Queen, Aquaman back in his old orange costume, now Hal Jordan's return. All I can say here is "why?" :blink: