Dc And Marvel Universe

batman hands down, because he's a genius and a very good tactical fighter, he can duke it out with the best of them..yun nga lng la siya powers, pero yun nga ang astig sa knya, using only his wits&fighting skills to beat his opponents :)

astig yung pic ng transformers ksma ang marvel heroes, san galing yan? :)

astig yung pic ng transformers ksma ang marvel heroes, san galing yan? :)

IGN.com..

Its actually from a new comic book series (crossover) coming out this week (today!).. New Avengers/Transformers.. (4- part mini series) :thumbsupsmiley:

don't underestimate the Bat's fighting skills, he's a blackbelt in almost every known martial art (although how he achieved this before 40 without buying the belts is beyond me). so he has legit martial arts skills.

If they meet in a dark alley and decide to give it a go....

I'd have to give it to batman, he's pretty smart in a short time he'd figure out how DD does his echo location (even bullseye figured it out in the movie) and pretty much take advantage of it. He'd be on the way to the hospital after though, but he'd win.

Given two weeks prep time?

Matt Murdoch will be using that cane for real. Batman is unbeatable given ample time to prepare.

uhmm no

Steve Rogers is at the peak of human potential.

and he has been fighting for far longer than batman.

Experience, Physical Strength, Fighting Skill, and the willingness to go all out if need be (batman pulls his punches, ever wonder why in one issue he beats the crap out of some super powered villain, only to be beaten bloody by a street thug in the next issue?) are all advantages for Captain America.

No amount of prep time can prepare Bruce Wayne for Super Roid Head Steve Rogers.

There are a lot of fighters in the MU who can beat the crap out of Batman, Iron Fist, Shang Chi, I'd argue that even Frank Castle can give Bruce Wayne all he can handle.

hmmm.. all valid points. but the sheer fact that Batman tends to find a way.... i'd still give it to him over these guys. He doesn't just beat people with his skills, he beats them mentally. Batman would be smart enough to fight and run away. so I think he'd still find a way to beat these guys. But okay, i concede that as far as fighting skills go, Steve is still superior for the simple fact that he's just fought a million battles. But I think he can give the other guys all they can handle too.

Crap! What have they done to the DC Universe?! Sinestro formed his Sinestro Corp, freed Superboy Prime and found a new host for Parallax in the body of Kyle Rainer. Boo!

Oh crap.. the brat is back. can someone please k*ll Superboy Prime?!

hmmm.. all valid points. but the sheer fact that Batman tends to find a way.... i'd still give it to him over these guys. He doesn't just beat people with his skills, he beats them mentally. Batman would be smart enough to fight and run away. so I think he'd still find a way to beat these guys. But okay, i concede that as far as fighting skills go, Steve is still superior for the simple fact that he's just fought a million battles. But I think he can give the other guys all they can handle too.

like I said Batman can be very formidable and would beat just about anyone with two weeks prep time.

But if he just met any of those guysin a dark alley, he'd get mauled definitely. He's old and the hundreds of fights he's been in take its toll on his human body (Steve Rogers is roided up so that doesn't apply to him).

The biggest batman peeve ever is how come he can go toe to toe with the best of the super powered villains but then gets jumped and beaten on by an ordinary street thug. I mean the dude has even gone head to head with Superman (with a suit, but still) and some thug just bloodies him on the street. Even with all his blackbelts.

who the hell is superboy prime? sorry di ko updated eh tnx! :D

He's the Superboy of Earth Prime (pre-Crisis) from the Silver Age (1970's-1980's). This Superboy has the power to flick planets (yes, planets!) around like marbles! Compare that to the post crisis Superman who can't even go to outer space without a breathing apparatus. And this boy is insane. He can k*ll all the post crisis superheores single-handedly and he's not even affected by Kryptonite, unless if the Krytonite in question came from Earth Prime, which unfortunately doesn't exist right now.

read: Civil War

Anybody here saw how Hulk smashed the new Hulkbuster Iron Man armor in World War Hulk # 1? (the armor is ugly by the way) Hulk kicked Iron Man ass!

HULK SMASH TONY STARK! DIE TONY DIE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My thoughts exactly. haha

My big question to you guys who are reading the WWH storyline, what do you think will Prof X's answer to Hulk's question be? Would he have voted to exile Hulk as well or would he have sided with Namor???

Hmm...

I think he would've disagreed with Tony and the rest.

lets do a vs. thread

straight up hand to hand fight

no weapons

Batman

vs.

Daredevil

who wins?

Sorry for the late reply, Im really busy na!!!!

Ill still go for the BAT. He was able to fight and defeat his master even though he was drugged and hallucinating. Its similar if he is fighting a guy who has a built in sonar/radar in his body.

Don't forget that Matt Murdock uses his stick as a sonar. The Bat can move silently.

a little help again, where can I still get a copy of World War Hulk: X-Men and the 5 main issues of World War Hulk?

my friend's asking me to try and find it for him while he's still busy as of the moment with work and he said that he already tried looking for it before so I'd aprreciate it if you guys can help me. if I do find those issues I might be able to borrow it from him...

hehehe

thanks a lot in advance!

a little help again, where can I still get a copy of World War Hulk: X-Men and the 5 main issues of World War Hulk?

my friend's asking me to try and find it for him while he's still busy as of the moment with work and he said that he already tried looking for it before so I'd aprreciate it if you guys can help me. if I do find those issues I might be able to borrow it from him...

hehehe

thanks a lot in advance!

Mine was sent by my cuz from NYC. try the usual suspects here in the phils.

anyway, if you wanna read ahead of your friend here's an online link where you can get your scans of World War Hulk story.

http://groups.msn.com/ultimatespidermanonl...rvelevents.msnw

You might want to start with the Planet Hulk section before reading the World War Hulk. Enjoy!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

*I suggest you save all of the pages first then compress them to CBR for you to read and see the images better.

Speaking of Hulk

Do you guyz have a picture of the GRAY Hulk?

As far as I know, Hulk is supposed to be Gray, buy a printing error occurred and Hulk became Green.

Was never a big fan of the Hulk, bro.. But you are correct, when the Hulk was introduced in May 1962, he was originally Gray but a printing error in issue #2 made him Green.. So, in his first issue, the Hulk was colored Gray, then at #2 the Green color was retained.. and from issue #s 3-6, the Hulk's origin was retold.. Then was continued in Tales to Astonish #101 and the numbering of the Hulk comicbook became 102 na..

But during the years, the Hulk has had stories, where he became Gray.. He was Gray when he was called MR. Fix-It, and when he was Mr. Fix-It, the Hulk was not the stupid monster everybody knew.. He had Banner's brain working..

The first re-appearance of the Gray Hulk was first seen in issue #324.. I have that issue in my collection (very old comicbook, was in first year high when I got it).. Picture below.. The small figure in the picture is actually (the Hero Clix version) of Mr. Fixit..

post-75683-1183874294.jpg

Edited by revi

hehehe

thanks a lot in advance!

The first issue of World War Hulk and WWH: XMen were released a few weeks back.. Therefore, wala pa yung 2-5.. So, I think you still would be able to buy the first issues in the comicshops here.. Filbar's, Comic Quest.. But the best bet would be Comic Odyssey in Galleria.. I think I saw several WWH's a week back..

Thanks sir Revi.

About a few years ago, or maybe more than a decade ago, I had some comics featuring XMEN.

BUT it was not just any ordinary XMEN, those were XMEN in TAGALOG. Are those also Marvel?

Dubbed in tagalog? Maybe they are printed by National Bookstore under supervision/license from Marvel.. I really don't know, dude.. But in terms of collectibility baka sentimental value lang ang meron niyan.. :thumbsupsmiley: Still, I would still consider those as rare comics..

Edited by revi

No, I don't think those were the National Bookstore reprints (though it does show your age if you remember seeing one...heh heh). I think those were the ones licensed by one of the local publishers here (Atlas publishing or one of those).

But yeah, I also remember those National Bookstore reprints with the white back cover and a list of other children's book titles that National Bookstore were reprinting arranged in 2 column formats... sigh. Those were the days when superheroes were the embodiment of good and villains are evil through and through.

Mine was sent by my cuz from NYC. try the usual suspects here in the phils.

anyway, if you wanna read ahead of your friend here's an online link where you can get your scans of World War Hulk story.

http://groups.msn.com/ultimatespidermanonl...rvelevents.msnw

You might want to start with the Planet Hulk section before reading the World War Hulk. Enjoy!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

*I suggest you save all of the pages first then compress them to CBR for you to read and see the images better.

I finished reading (a semi-compilation) Planet Hulk before and it was great! the Iluminati guys are gonna be in a whole lot of pain if Hulk would get his hands on them...

The first issue of World War Hulk and WWH: XMen were released a few weeks back.. Therefore, wala pa yung 2-5.. So, I think you still would be able to buy the first issues in the comicshops here.. Filbar's, Comic Quest.. But the best bet would be Comic Odyssey in Galleria.. I think I saw several WWH's a week back..

thanks to you guys again!

once I get back to Manila I will try the Galleria shop immediately. hope there's still some left. thanks bro revi!

like I said Batman can be very formidable and would beat just about anyone with two weeks prep time.

But if he just met any of those guysin a dark alley, he'd get mauled definitely. He's old and the hundreds of fights he's been in take its toll on his human body (Steve Rogers is roided up so that doesn't apply to him).

The biggest batman peeve ever is how come he can go toe to toe with the best of the super powered villains but then gets jumped and beaten on by an ordinary street thug. I mean the dude has even gone head to head with Superman (with a suit, but still) and some thug just bloodies him on the street. Even with all his blackbelts.

Well yeah.. I don't know for the life of me why they do that a lot in the Batman comics. of course, the thugs tend to outnumber bats almost in every fight. but that's practically no excuse for a guy who was trained to engage groups of people.

hehehe

thanks a lot in advance!

WWH is still in progress.. some of the issues you are looking for haven't been released yet and I hope this doesn't get delayed like Civil War.

I finished reading (a semi-compilation) Planet Hulk before and it was great! the Iluminati guys are gonna be in a whole lot of pain if Hulk would get his hands on them...

whoops. Wasn't able to read that you were looking for the complete WWH series. hehe...it won't be finished til October(that's if there are no delays). The release of WWH 2 is set on July 18 if I remember well.

Anyway, as I said, if you want to read the WWH 1 and the tie-ins, it's all in that link I posted.

and oh, the Hulk already has his hands on one of em. Can't say the bastard didn't deserve it. hahaha

He deserves to be killed by the Hulk. Stupid Stark.haha

I change my stance regarding prof X's answer. I think he would've agreed with Tony and the others coz he already tried to go inside Hulk's head but it didn't have a good result.

Edited by TidusJanus
No, I don't think those were the National Bookstore reprints (though it does show your age if you remember seeing one...heh heh). I think those were the ones licensed by one of the local publishers here (Atlas publishing or one of those).

But yeah, I also remember those National Bookstore reprints with the white back cover and a list of other children's book titles that National Bookstore were reprinting arranged in 2 column formats... sigh. Those were the days when superheroes were the embodiment of good and villains are evil through and through.

I think it was black and white inside. PARANG Newsprint lang yung paper nya. Yung parang Funny Comics ang paper sa loob.

Yung story, Xmen talaga.

Bro, re: the new Sinestro Corps.. The reviews are great in the US.. I have reserved a copy for myself.. But its just a one-shot.. Do you suggest buying the tie-ins as well? As far as I know, Green Lantern and the Corps will be the tie-ins.. Any info would be appreciated, bro.. Thanks..

I am also getting the Countdown series.. It looks unpromising na naman.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Bro, Sinestro Corps is really worth it! I've been reading Green Lantern Corps and it's one of the titles that I enjoy and I would certainly follow the story.

I'm also following Countdown so far and it's a let down talaga, hope it recovers soon.