Diet

help naman po..

ive been trying to lessen my weight since, jogging every afternoon sometimes treadmill plus stationary bike, pero after ng activity, i ate too much.. what should i do to minimize my weight, pati what can you advice na pwede ko kainin that will satisfy me na hindi ako makapaggain ng weight? thanks in advance

help naman po..

ive been trying to lessen my weight since, jogging every afternoon sometimes treadmill plus stationary bike, pero after ng activity, i ate too much.. what should i do to minimize my weight, pati what can you advice na pwede ko kainin that will satisfy me na hindi ako makapaggain ng weight? thanks in advance

Start by not eating too much

Guest Serenity12

very tempting po kase ang kumain..

anyway, can i ask for your everyday meal plan? para may reference din po ako and for the benefit of others who also like to diet

unfortunately, Olympus is right. In order to lose weight, you need to lower your calorie intake. you really have to change your eating habits. start by choosing healthier alternatives - brown rice instead of white rice, whole wheat bread instead of white bread, more veggies and fruits, lean meat and fish, grilled/steamed/baked instead of the usual artery-clogging fried stuff.

Losing weight is 70 percent your "diet" ( although I don't like using the term since it connotes a temporary fix. more of a lifestyle change is needed in my opinion) and 30 percent exercise. Your type of exercise also seems to go "nowhere" ( in my opinion) - you should add lifting weights in your exercise regimen. or better yet, kettlebells.

The problem with some advice here is it maybe correct, but the problem is the ease of adhering to a type of dieting on a long term basis, and the most important part in losing weight is consistency. There really shouldn't be any restrictions on diet, but everything should be consumed in moderation, whilst also consuming more of certain types of foods like fish, fruits, and veggies. Add to this a well thought out. scientifically sound exercise regimen that you can easily adhere to.

This is my first post:

Anyone from here encountered or read the BLOOD TYPE DIET by Peter D'adamo? Anyway, I am actually in the field of fitness industry. I have been working for 4 years in a fitness centre somewhere in Makati. I have experienced a lot of diet thing. All of them works on their own way. My problem with those diets have side effects through psychological aspect. For example: Bodybuilders diet are usually with high protein and med-high carbo (complex) for energy. The effect after one month, huge loss in FAT percentage not the total weight loss. However, the effect to me is im having a hard time thinking. Slow response of the brain or thought process. Again with my clients cutting on calories not a good way to do since in there will come to point that you cannot cut calories anymore. Right? Is there any zero calories meal?

I've read BTD by D'adamo. I was amazed the he explained that each blood type has a beneficial, neutral and avoidable food. Beneficial Food makes you feel better and lose weight without struggling. Neutral Foods are those plain foods that do not do any harm to you. Avoid Foods are those poisonous or toxic to your blood and those are responsible for your sickness and for being obese. My favorite line with D'adamo is "Don't Diet." Diet nowadays are often have side effects emotionally, physically and psychological and turns out you don't look good. you look haggard, old and dry and sick! He stressed that Eat the right type and feel good about it. If you will feel good about what you're eating the possibility of long term eating habit is high. Avoid thinking about Don't thing or cut thing. Quality vs Quantity. "Don'"t perspective does not move you forward with your goal. Just think of "The Secret" book. Everything comes from thinking."Don't" is negative way of thinking."I cannot help myself but to eat 'good' food."

The key to the success to be positive of what you are doing and stay focus on what needed to be done.

P.S. Currently, I am 64kg with 10% bodyfat. I am eating mostly Vegetables and Fish only 3-4 times a day. No rice at all. Don't ask where do I get my protein. Absolutely no supplements. My exercise routine: MTh- Legs and Shoulder, TF- Chest and Biceps, WS- Back and Triceps. All heavy: My Squat is almost 3 times of my Bodyweight for 3 reps, Bench Press is at 100kg max at 2 reps, Back I do more of pull-ups. Shoulders at 60kg for 5 reps. By the way, I sleep before 11PM. as one of the naturophatic doctor told me that at 11PM your liver starts filtering all the waste in your body and 12 MN your bone marrow will excretes new blood. There's no harm in trying to sleep early. right?

I hope this one message will hit one person at a time! :)

• 2 weeks later...

actually it depends sa rice....if you're gonna eat rice...make sure it's not processed..example is brown rice

Basics lang naman ng diet is choose your food wisely..General characteristics: Not Oily, Not Processed, Not too fatty, less sodium, para ma meet mo yan...make sure kinakain mo 1 to 3 ingredients lang ang laman.

lessening the rice intake surely works! well tinatakal ko ung rice ko 1 cup a meal lang. I can't say na super healthy lahat ng kinakain ko in fact minsan oily pa nga and minsan packed with high calories pa nga eh... Pero discipline na din talaga yung umiwas, hindi naman siguro masamang kumain ng sweets paminsan minsan :lol: wala lang after an extreme work out kasi minsan nagccrave ako sa sweets eh... Anyways I jog 5 times a week for at least 30 minutes, and goes to the gym for 4 days. During Saturday and Sunday ayun todo pahinga lang ako stretching lang pagkagising and bago matulog, important din kasi satin yung magpahinga so that marefresh ung muscles eh. I've read somewhere na kapag sapat yung pahinga ng katawan natin nakakapagfunction ng husto ung mga natural fat burner natin sa katawan so never overwork yourself ;)

• 3 years later...

Time to revive this thread.

Pansin ko lang sa mga thread dito kasi, panay usapan tungkol sa exercise at gym. I think it would be helpful for many people if we started sharing more info on diet. Diet is just as important in improving your Physique. Actually, it is more important. Sabi nga ni Bruce Lee your body wont work properly if you fuel it with Junk. You can also lose weight better kung talaga lang pipiliin mabuti ang kinakain. For me, here are some common things to keep in mind.

Dieting is not about eating less, its about eating right. Never attempt to starve yourself. Pag kasi ginutom mo sarili mo, after some time kakain ka lang ulit ng pagkadamidami so bumawi ka lang. Mas maganda nga na maraming beses ka kumain sa isang araw, pero puro healthy choices at tamang proportions naman.

Carbs are not your enemy. Carbs are in fact ok. You will need carbs if you wanna be able to exercise more regularly. Moreover it is also helpful will also help you bulk up. Pero learn to regulate your carb intake properly. If you think you will have a hectic day, then loading up on carb is a good idea. Kung wala naman masyadong mabigat na gagawin eh di bawasan. Kaya tumataba ang iba kasi hindi alam kung pano iregulate ng tama carb intake nila. Kaya nagiging stored fat lang.

Sugar is your enemy. Ito ang talagang makakapataba. It spikes up insulin levels so it will actually make your body store more fat. It will also spike up your cravings for food. Kahit hindi ka magkanin kung panay ka naman coke, sabay krispy kreme pa, talagang tataba ka nyan lalo.

• Like (+1) 1